• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP expels Yaw SL

Alladin

Alfrescian
Loyal
We apologise for having to put them through a by-election.
Eh.... so is it an admission that the allegations are true? No mention leh. So if expel YSL, then what about AF?
Apologise for putting residents through by-election, but no mention of apologies for picking a horny hamster in the 1st instance, nor address whether they already knew he was a horny hamster when they fielded him.....

Nevertheless, I respect them for biting the bullet. Once the indiscretions got exposed with more and more people affected, they have to either admit or deny the news and subject themselves to scrutiny for what they say, or kick YSL out to save the party. Kicking YSL no doubt is the more expedient route.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a wonderful opportunity for Goh Meng Seng. He always think that he is so clever, and he can make a better politician than any of the WP bunch in parliament. So this is the right time for Goh Meng Seng to put his money where his mouth is and prove his critics wrong by contesting in this Hougang by-election. Will he accept this challenge or will he try to chicken out with all sorts lame excuses.

GMS is an intelligent guy. He won't take this risk. It's lose-lose if he enters the fray. Better to give comments than go into battle. If 3-cornered, GMS may lose deposit. He won't get past 15%.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not about losing the deposit, it's about finding enough money to start with. GMS sell house sell business liao. What else can he sell

If backside still virgin, can always position himself at Changi V. Can also take loans from licensed or unlicensed moneylenders. Or maybe get an entity to back him up? Many possibilities possible.

darrkie.y

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi guys...

I find it weird that WP only expel YSL... Well it take two hands to clap . Shouldn't the Female Member/ (MP?) be dealed with as well? given the fact that she is also married when this affair happened.. It's sad to know that a prominent opposition party had subsumed to lust especially during this time when he had just taken from LTK who had trusted him to manage the SMC which was under his excellent care. I find that it should be fair to both parties Just my two cent's worth and i hope WP will not be disheartened by this unpleasant incident but to move forward and regain the confidence of singaporeans :smile:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi guys...

I find it weird that WP only expel YSL... Well it take two hands to clap . Shouldn't the Female Member/ (MP?) be dealed with as well? given the fact that she is also married when this affair happened.. It's sad to know that a prominent opposition party had subsumed to lust especially during this time when he had just taken from LTK who had trusted him to manage the SMC which was under his excellent care. I find that it should be fair to both parties Just my two cent's worth and i hope WP will not be disheartened by this unpleasant incident but to move forward and regain the confidence of singaporeans :smile:

I don't know what to say. Firstly adultery is not a crime, and the female member is not an MP, so why does she have to account to the public? Secondly, how do you know she has not already accounted fully to LTK and SL? Why should she be expelled if she has already come clean internally to the party core? The issue about Yaw's sacking was because he failed to come clean to either the party or to the HG constituents despite calls for the party for him to do so.

From the beginning the whole issue was about Yaw and how WP was handling it, not the women concerned.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
. WP could have just keep quiet but if there is a need to put the money where the mouth is, especially in areas of transparency or crediblity, WP in its own way, had shown how responsiblity can and should be taken.
This would be the first time in Singapore's piolitical history such an incident has taken place. Surprisingly, this did not start from the ruling PAP and yet from the opposition WP. We are at the trashold of history.

WP wanted it to be low profile and quiet about this personal non-legal issue. Unfortunately SPH did not wish to let the matter rest under their master instructions. Hougang residents should put SPH to task for casuing all these inconveniences in the town.

darrkie.y

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thick Face Black Heart said:
I don't know what to say. Firstly adultery is not a crime, and the female member is not an MP, so why does she have to account to the public? Secondly, how do you know she has not already accounted fully to LTK and SL? Why should she be expelled if she has already come clean internally to the party core? The issue about Yaw's sacking was because he failed to come clean to either the party or to the HG constituents despite calls for the party for him to do so.

From the beginning the whole issue was about Yaw and how WP was handling it, not the women concerned.

Yes, I'm aware that adultery is not a crime here unlike some countries like south Korea. I'm not referring to the accountability of any parties involved. Yaw kept mum about those matters and he was shamed badly which I believed will haunt him for the rest of his life. The married woman on the other hand get "protected" whether if she was clean internally anot. It will probably be different if it was her husband committing the adultery.most cases the guys will get sued till pants drop and not the other way round.

In regards to the 2nd case.. I see no points believing when it came out from a FT especially when it's an ah Tiong,

Forget about the third wp woman who wants publicity for some issue which was "done" in the 90s.

No flames pls as this is just a casual discussion. I was never once a Papies supporter.it's sad now that the opposition has been flamed by those who took advantage of the incident to tarnish their reputation and it came from one that till now have not solved the housing issue and one that can't differentiate the difference between laksa and mee Siam .

Last edited:

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
CNA kept repeating that this is the first time that a political party has expelled its member for private marital affairs.

I love it.

But unfortunately, PAP could not claim credit to be the first although there was every chance they could have taken the bouquet for the initiative. Now WP comes out smelling like roses, while PAP stinks - again.

Last edited:

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
The female member is not holding public office, so no question and no moral need to be expelled. However, if she runs for MP in next election, then voters can decide whether to vote for her or not. Party position is of no account.

hi guys...

darrkie.y

Alfrescian
Loyal
bullfrog said:
The female member is not holding public office, so no question and no moral need to be expelled. However, if she runs for MP in next election, then voters can decide whether to vote for her or not. Party position is of no account.

I agree with you. Hope this incident though an unpleasant one will instead boost Singaporeans' confidence on WP's commitment thus slapping hard on Papies

Balancemind

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kudos to WP and LTK. They have raised the bar to a very high level. I cannot recall an incident of this nature where such boldness and character of strength has been displayed in an exemplary manner by a political party in first or third world. Its a clear message to party members and more importantly potential candidates and members as Singapore progresses on the road to democracy.

Hmmm, Bro Scroobal, you may have some credit of that explosion in Hougang. A day after Yawing Bread has received Shan's lawyers' on what has been alleged against him on his behaviour blogged by you and in which Shan is hunting you down with not much success as so admitted but somehow that raise the bar for WP/YSL to clear in the YSL saga. WP has either to do the same by taking on TRE or to do what they have now done to YSL. There is no other way out for WP as Shan's action against Yawing Bread virtually means that WP's usual no comment on rumour or their stone silence cannot be maintained any longer without them lossing their political standing. You have sparked the circuit the resulted indirectly to the explosion in YSL saga. By the way has Shan managed to hunt you down for your allegation against him? If he has then there will be another explosion and this will be too much for PM to handle with old man's present condition as what one saw when he goes to TCC's wake. :smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, if you watch the WP media session on the expulsion, Pritam comments do indicate that Yaw and Angela affair had been handled. Its when the other affairs surfaced they asked him to present himself to the CEC which he refused. WP hands appeared to be forced.
I agree with you. Hope this incident though an unpleasant one will instead boost Singaporeans' confidence on WP's commitment thus slapping hard on Papies

darrkie.y

Alfrescian
Loyal
scroobal said:
Bro, if you watch the WP media session on the expulsion, Pritam comments do indicate that Yaw and Angela affair had been handled. Its when the other affairs surfaced they asked him to present himself to the CEC which he refused. WP hands appeared to be forced.

Paiseh bro, never see news as i'm now staying JB. I only read on those bias articles from asiaone / straits time and radio as I drive to work.my guess is he feels too ashamed to face his team after one case have just been handled.. My understanding is he was at the airport at the timing wp started their press conference. My cousin who stays in hougang had ever met him in person and described him as one who had the confidence and motivation of serving his Constituency. It's a pity he strayed or else he would really make a good mp.( based on his views )

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its one of those unfortunate things where ther party has to be bigger than the person for the greater good of all.
Paiseh bro, never see news as i'm now staying JB. I only read on those bias articles from asiaone / straits time and radio as I drive to work.my guess is he feels too ashamed to face his team after one case have just been handled.. My understanding is he was at the airport at the timing wp started their press conference. My cousin who stays in hougang had ever met him in person and described him as one who had the confidence and motivation of serving his Constituency. It's a pity he strayed or else he would really make a good mp.( based on his views )

jw5

Loyal
GMS is an intelligent guy. He won't take this risk. It's lose-lose if he enters the fray. Better to give comments than go into battle. If 3-cornered, GMS may lose deposit. He won't get past 15%.

I am waiting for his comments with bated breath.
As for Yaw, good riddance!!!

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS not interested in becoming MP because he thinks he is much bigger than listening to other people's problems. Imagine someone coming to ask for help, GMS will fark him upside down first and then proceed to tell his grandmother stories and his warped logic that no one understands except him.

GMS aim is eyeing the president's seat so his ego can be inflated... gives him a high!