• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP expels Yaw SL

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tada. It's not the fat village insect putting this up. Decided to give the insect kingdom a break.

==========

Expulsion of Yaw Shin Leong from Party Membership.

The Workers’ Party has expelled Yaw Shin Leong from the party with immediate effect.

WP believes strongly in transparency and accountability, and expects no less from our party members, especially our Members of Parliament.

Shin Leong has been accused of several indiscretions in his private life. By continuing not to account to the Party and the people, especially the residents of Hougang, he has broken the faith, trust and expectations of the Party and People.

This is a difficult and painful decision for us. Shin Leong has been a core member of the Party leadership for more than 10 years, and has made significant and unique contributions towards WP’s growth. He has also served the residents of Hougang diligently. However, the Council has decided that it is in the public interest to take this step.

We also believe it is only fair to the Hougang residents that they have another opportunity to elect their Member of Parliament.

We apologise for having to put them through a by-election.

We wish to assure Hougang residents that they will continue to be served by the Party until the by-election is called.

The Meet the People sessions in Hougang will continue, with the other MPs covering. Residents are free to contact any WP MP for assistance. In addition, town council services will continue to be provided under the Aljunied-Hougang Town Council.

Finally, we wish to thank the public for their concern towards the Party and for walking with us through this difficult period.

工人党对议员有一定的要求。议员是人民的代议士,也是个公众人物;必须做个好榜样;最重要的是有担当,肯负责。

最近大众传媒接二连三出现对饶欣龙种种严重的指控,他选择不回应,也不出来解释清楚,是不负责任的行为,也造成了信任危机。

后港是捍卫新加坡民主政治的先锋,没有后港20年来的支持,工人党不会有今天的发展,新加坡也不会在民主的过程中迈步前进。

我们不能辜负后港选民的支持和期望,因此决定开除饶欣龙,让后港选民可以再次做出决定。

由于这个事件,使到后港人感到困扰,也造成后港区需要补选,我向后港选民道歉。我也感谢在这困难时期不离不弃,与我们共同奋斗的新加坡人。

从现在开始到补选举行期间,在后港每周的接见选民依旧进行。阿裕尼-后港市镇理事会也会照常运作。

WORKERS' PARTY
15 February 2012

http://wp.sg/2012/02/expulsion-of-yaw-shin-leong-from-party-membership/

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We'll see if the Hougang residents think its time for PAP to come back to serve them or will the series of cockups since last year's elections reinforce their opposition spirit. A political litmus test in the making

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just saw a brief clip of the press conference on CNA.. Solemn faces by Sylvia and Pritam.. A painful tough move by the top brass of the Workers Party.. It will be interesting to see who the WP will send to Hougang for the By elections there.. Just moved in to Hougang last July.. Whoever the Hammers send to Hougang for the By elections, my precious vote will go to that WP fella..:smile:

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
We'll see if the Hougang residents think its time for PAP to come back to serve them or will the series of cockups since last year's elections reinforce their opposition spirit. A political litmus test in the making

Face of the new Hougang MP
ST_IMAGES_KBOPP25.jpg

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just saw a brief clip of the press conference on CNA.. Solemn faces by Sylvia and Pritam.. A painful tough move by the top brass of the Workers Party.. It will be interesting to see who the WP will send to Hougang for the By elections there.. Just moved in to Hougang last July.. Whoever the Hammers send to Hougang for the By elections, my precious vote will go to that WP fella..:smile:

I wonder if the other opposition will itchy backside come in and ruin WP chance

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bold and good move by WP. It will definately strengthen their image and opposition as a whole is at least not drag through the m&d by YSL.

If there's a call to by-election, WP should be fine, regardless whether there are 3 corners fight.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's a bit unexpected considering the public appearances LTK had with YSL even after the allegations. My guess is WP has been buying time for something... and something ran out of time, or something blew up.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting year 2012 another election another PAP bashing again.

Let's see PAP lose again. Let's see PAP election rally ground how many people will be there compare to oppos.

I loved election.

Tada. It's not the fat village insect putting this up. Decided to give the insect kingdom a break.

==========

Expulsion of Yaw Shin Leong from Party Membership.

The Workers’ Party has expelled Yaw Shin Leong from the party with immediate effect.

We also believe it is only fair to the Hougang residents that they have another opportunity to elect their Member of Parliament.

We apologise for having to put them through a by-election.

We wish to assure Hougang residents that they will continue to be served by the Party until the by-election is called.

15 February 2012

http://wp.sg/2012/02/expulsion-of-yaw-shin-leong-from-party-membership/

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In one bold stroke, WP has restored my faith in the party.

I am confident that WP knows what it is doing, and is prepared to hold itself to the highest standards.

Such a move will also force the PAP into a corner with regards to its lack of accountability and transparency in many key policy areas, as well as alleged indiscretions on the part of certain key members of the PAP.

WP, you have won my vote again. CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
That's a bit unexpected considering the public appearances LTK had with YSL even after the allegations. My guess is WP has been buying time for something... and something ran out of time, or something blew up.

My guess is, he has not been truthful to them, so LTK stood by him. However, when the shit hits the fan, and after calculating their worse scenarios, they decided to take this action. My guess is, WP is mentally prepared to lose Hougang to win the hearts of Singaporeans. For a party to take such a stern action against its member, they are setting the bar for the ruling party. Singaporeans are tired in seeing alot of coverups over the years. This move might just win the WP's more votes.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kudos to WP and LTK. They have raised the bar to a very high level. I cannot recall an incident of this nature where such boldness and character of strength has been displayed in an exemplary manner by a political party in first or third world. Its a clear message to party members and more importantly potential candidates and members as Singapore progresses on the road to democracy.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So will the Scums In White send Desmond Choo to Hougang again? Another convincing win by the WP in the Hougang By elections will be a good tight slap for the PAP again.. I hope that there will not be any other kaypoh Opposition party entering the fray for this election.. Let the Workers Party do a 1 on 1 fight with the PAP in Hougang..

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with the assessment.
My guess is, he has not been truthful to them, so LTK stood by him. However, when the shit hits the fan, and after calculating their worse scenarios, they decided to take this action. My guess is, WP is mentally prepared to lose Hougang to win the hearts of Singaporeans. For a party to take such a stern action against its member, they are setting the bar for the ruling party. Singaporeans are tired in seeing alot of coverups over the years. This move might just win the WP's more votes.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Kudos to WP and LTK. They have raised the bar to a very high level.

All it does is show what a mediocre team they assembled in the first place. :rolleyes: It's like congratulating a car company for initiating a massive recall as a result of trying to pass junk off as a reliable product.

The PAP team does a much better job of screening its potential candidates before they are presented to the electorate. The WP has wasted the time and energy of all Hougang residents. They should be forced to pay compensation.