• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Workers Party, Puppets/Cowards or the People's party?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uprising against Sylvia ?...like Low back-stabbed JBJ?.....no need lah.

Just be real opposition and the rest will fall into places.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Uprising against Sylvia ?...like Low back-stabbed JBJ?.....no need lah.

Just be real opposition and the rest will fall into places.

Just be a real citizen and accept majority decision. These recent GE and PE were the best proofs. All or almost all contested, still lose to PAP overall except Hougang and Aljunied. Win hearts and you win votes. I don't know what else you want or expect. To me, real opposition means winning election. To you, what does it mean? Breaking laws and get arrested? Defaming others and getting bankrupted and disqualified from election? You're entitled to what you think. Still, democracy means majority wins.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Chee had political acumen, he would have known no matter how the epsiode is read, the post of Sec General of SDP is a poison chalice. He should have walked away with his supporters and formed a new party. He had the numbers to do it. He also lacked the mental fortitude to control, Ling, Neo and more importantly Wong. They insisted on holding on to SDP at all cost. Rainnix could be 100% right but people and perception are difficult dimensions to work out. This will continue to haunt him for the rest of his life.

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny,in UK,US and others people in opposition platform usually do not get arrested,bankrupted ,disqualified for elections or becomes fugitives ...I suppose WP deems these countries as not real democracies.Why?Because Sylvia Lim says so.

Maybe British and Yankees do not have a heart than therefore how can any body wins it.Reckon the real reason why their election are not run on fear factor.Is it because that Sinkies are the only human with hearts and election cannot be won without overwhelming and winning it and therefore oppositions need to be bankrupted,arrested and runroad...

Never knew the matter of hearts plays such an important part in PAP /WP axis and its election strategy.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never knew the matter of hearts plays such an important part in PAP /WP axis and its election strategy.

You're still at it. No PAP means democracy. My point is, majority means democracy, regardless of PAP, WP, NSP or SDP.

liongsum

Alfrescian
Loyal
entsRe: Workers Party, Puppets/Cowards or the People's party?

So, By them taking more seats, How would it help the people with them being there? Isnt it the People's voice that made changes,?

It helps by waking the incumbents that the agonising voices is not merely noises.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boy,some are really dense you can't even crack it with jackhammer....so went fora quickie.My lips are salty.Must have been all that kway chap she ate.

Anyway,who is quarreling if PAP wins democratically....do they?That is the question.If PAP is the people's choice.So be it.I have no pecuniary interest in LTK or Dr.Chee.Non had put a single cent into my pocket....so the question,is PAP winning election democratically.

Even those who vote for PAP justify their methods as a necessary evil but far being remotely democratic.And here we have a No1 moron ,with his oxymoronic argument that PAP won elections after elections democratically !

Will someone call the IMH,we have a looney loose in this forum.Tks.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice-Gook said:
Okie,let's crunch some numbers here.....sort of statistics for dummies.Majority wins that's the rule of democracy,right?Than can 75% vote 14% Malays to eat pork?....or 89% of Chinese and Malays vote Indians to eat beef?Hey,pork and beef are perfectly legal meat mah.So what's the beef here?(pun intended)

This is where minority/majority tyranny kicks in.Rephrased you simply cannot act suka suka just because you are numerically superior even vote wise.That's what the spirit of a parliament system is all about...where ideas clashes.Parliament is not where winners take all neither is a presidential system where the senate provides the check and balance.Whereas as in Singapore where 30% to 40% of disenchanted voters were continuously denied a voice in the parliament for the past 50 years; in the name of democracy....Than something is seriously wrong with the system.The system PAP devised.The system which Sylvia Lim is happy with the status quo.

You seem to have a system to correct the short-comings you described with the present system, in particularly the example of eating different types of meats (in actual fact even with the screwed up political system no one is prevented from the eating the meat of his choice but I understand this example is used just to ridicule the system but it is a stupid example don't you think?). Everybody here knows the system is at fault that 40% should yield 35 and not just 6 opposition MPs but why are you blaming the victim and not the murder weapon? All because somebody claimed that the victim preferred the status quo? But did the victim actually said the status quo was preferred? JBJ started well and won some seats early on but half way, maybe because of having to fight long personal battles, he lost his way and became a bitter man instead of focussing on his mission. I, too, am looking for a more proportional representative political system. You seem to have a ready answer. Could you share it with us?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will someone call the IMH,we have a looney loose in this forum.Tks.

The error causing perpetual losing in democracy is invariably, calling others with differing opinions a looney or something like that. If you think you must always be right, or someone must always be right, democracy is meaningless.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bad New Brown said:
I would think you also unable to comprehend the existences of WP. Try to use your brain to think and alway read more...

Don't read too much and let your imagination be carried away. The line between sane and insane us very thin.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice-Gook said:
Funny,in UK,US and others people in opposition platform usually do not get arrested,bankrupted ,disqualified for elections or becomes fugitives ...I suppose WP deems these countries as not real democracies.Why?Because Sylvia Lim says so.

Maybe British and Yankees do not have a heart than therefore how can any body wins it.Reckon the real reason why their election are not run on fear factor.Is it because that Sinkies are the only human with hearts and election cannot be won without overwhelming and winning it and therefore oppositions need to be bankrupted,arrested and runroad...

Try doing the same thing in US and see what kind of lawsuit you would attract. In the US, you can be sued for practically everything. It really depends on whether the person being slandered want to sue you. Unfortunate here they picked the wrong enemies who did not hesitate to sue when trampled upon. So it has nothing to do with the political system (I am not saying the system has no fault but I don't see the casual link to being sued) just a peculiar behavior of a few odd characters.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Traitors Will Not Want Freedom And Rights

271442175349.jpg

It is often difficult to get old folks in general to vote against fascism. Their intelligence is often marginal. It is only the learned and the students that are often seen as trouble makers demonstrating on the streets. Of course, there will be some who are energetic and yearn to see 'action'.

I have no idea why certain ones will not want a stabilising platform like Freedom and Human Rights to nurture or revolutionised the populace to embrace the right and proper way of living. If anyone will not want you to know the 3 basic principles of democracy (especially in schools), then surely there's really something wrong with this government. Most fascist or authoritative governments will NOT want you to know your rights as a democratic republic citizens. By doing this, the fascist can control your idea and expectation down to a serf's mentality (you can ONLY request, but no guarantee). This is the way of the fascist.

Can the majority rule ? Yes and no. Can 11 wolves plan to eat up 9 sheep while 5 elephants and 5 rhinos look on and do nothing ?

Traitors betray the republic and it's revolution if we must !

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Chee had political acumen, he would have known no matter how the epsiode is read, the post of Sec General of SDP is a poison chalice.

To be fair, it was probably not as easy a decision as you made it out to be. If my memory serves me well, Chee didn't (and still hasn't) got a seat in parliament. Chiam and a few old timers were the ones who are holding on to single seat constituencies then. For a sane person with political aspiration, forming a separate party without Chiam or a seat in parliament might not have been a good idea.

Hope the Chee/SDP haters here can put things in perspective.

Last edited:

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Har,we have a statistics freak here meh.Okie dokie,you see Suharto's "festival of democracy" always won him his elections .So did Sadam Hussein .Fair and square har?

And 40% voted against PAP in GE 2011.....that should be 39 opposition MPs out of our 87 MPs in our parliament.So you are extremely pleased with 6 MPs as opposition just because they are with WP?

WP or SDP,heck I care not too much.....but if WP hoots that their 6 represents the entire 40% of disenchanted lot than we better cry.

Which part of my post suggested that I am happy to see 6 WP MPs in the Parliament? I cited the number to tell you the simple fact that WP is the favoured opposition among the voters. This is hard fact.

It is not WP's fault that they can only get 6 MPs in with 40% of support for opposition. However, they did what they can to leverage on that level of support to win seats in the Parliament.

Let's not further divide ourselves. Our common enemy is still the PAP, regardless of which opposition party you are rooting for.

liongsum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you think that Opposition has a strong Support at difference places in Singapore? And if yes why??? Why are there more support for them in this area, Is it because that certain area has a different Social Level/Education/Age ?

The key words here is "Social Psychology"

It doesn't matter wether it's PAP or WP or SDP. Govt must have good govenance. It's a balance. The intelligent ones should not be held back, but the suffering of the lowest 10% to 15% at the economic ladder must have assistance. If this result in a large gap between the rich and the poor, so be it. That genie is merely exploited by trouble makers to whip up the emotions of the poor.
Too much welfare and we have the problems in Greece and Italy. Too little and we have the Arab Spring (but I have my reservations, may not be due entirely to too little).
It augurs well for a Govt to have a consensus among it's citizenry to determine the percentage of GDP that should be spent on welfare.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just be a real citizen and accept majority decision. These recent GE and PE were the best proofs. All or almost all contested, still lose to PAP overall except Hougang and Aljunied. Win hearts and you win votes. I don't know what else you want or expect. To me, real opposition means winning election. To you, what does it mean? Breaking laws and get arrested? Defaming others and getting bankrupted and disqualified from election? You're entitled to what you think. Still, democracy means majority wins.

It seems that to some, real oppostion means to disrespect the opinion of others, create trouble and problems, make noise when there is no need to, and just shot nonsense.

Wow... real oppositions sounds more like terrorists

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cleareyes said:
It seems that to some, real oppostion means to disrespect the opinion of others, create trouble and problems, make noise when there is no need to, and just shot nonsense.

Wow... real oppositions sounds more like terrorists

True opposition respects the will of the people no matter how unfavorable the results appear to his party. Without respect for this will of the people, how can you call yourself the opposition? You are more like terrorists imposing your minority will on the common will. This all opposition s must understand and what they only do to keep chipping at the common opinion until you bring the majority to your side. The political system is flawed and the only most realistic way to change it to have enough of your own people into parliament to change it. You can occupy any square, MRT station, Bus terminal, sport stadium. It would change anything. Singapore opposition has been at this sorrowful situation for the past 46 years. Any true blue should recognize what the odds are and have some true vision. Don't give us false dawns.

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not 3 in 1 where one liners are well regarded for obvious reasons. Anything longer and they will be lost. Here it is best to explain your statement or position.

My position is not important. Whether I write loads of stuff or one liners here is not important, especially in this forum. Don't want to be profiled in any way. One liner of hard truth is easily worth a lot more than paragraphs of language flair.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets not get carried away. You are not important and neither are we. Just because they saw your nick they are not going to assume anything of value.

Your one-liner does not say anything to start with. Just explain. As I said one-liners are hopeless here. We also got enough one-liners here with no substance.

My position is not important. Whether I write loads of stuff or one liners here is not important, especially in this forum. Don't want to be profiled in any way. One liner of hard truth is easily worth a lot more than paragraphs of language flair.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no need to bitch and moan about the WP. There is no need to wait for the WP to deliver anything. Just ignore the WP if it upsets you. Why the hell are you waiting for any dawn from them in the very first place. They have their supporters and they have done well with their brand of politics.

Just stand behind your own party of choice and tell us what they have delievered or if you have not any, then tell us what your your ideals are for an opposition party.

There is no law that requires you expect the WP to deliver anything. Seriously what were you hoping for. I am sure people are keen to find out.

True opposition respects the will of the people no matter how unfavorable the results appear to his party. Without respect for this will of the people, how can you call yourself the opposition? You are more like terrorists imposing your minority will on the common will. This all opposition s must understand and what they only do to keep chipping at the common opinion until you bring the majority to your side. The political system is flawed and the only most realistic way to change it to have enough of your own people into parliament to change it. You can occupy any square, MRT station, Bus terminal, sport stadium. It would change anything. Singapore opposition has been at this sorrowful situation for the past 46 years. Any true blue should recognize what the odds are and have some true vision. Don't give us false dawns.