• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

To all Sg fugitives in Thailand : Is Ramkamhaeng a nice place to live ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow, advanced man! Still cannot handle Satho. Current favorite is 285. The rest will give me a nasty headache the next morning.

Pattaya is also quite "red area" as many of the Pattaya folks are from Issan. However, no major red versus other color conflicts here and girls here are not as prettier as BKK.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, other than Thai and English signboards, the next most common signboard are in Russian. The Russian presence in Pattaya has been around for sometime. Mainly in the property and tour businesses. Most can't speak a word of Thai and English. Good thing about Russians is they mind their own business and so there is not much conflicts with the Thai or other nationalities.

Thet started to muscle in in the early 90s after the fall of USSR.....many mobsters said to be ex KGBs......there were bloody turf wars with the local mafia.......now they partner each other in exchange of a harmonious working relationship....now Pattaya is a favourite russian holiday destination as well.

Much like how parts of Sukhumvit is now colonized by the Arabs....

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Pi, satho is not advance la, very baannok. Brew them in my kitchen too sometimes, takes only 10-14 days. Love the not so sweet ones so 12 days is about right more than that will be too sweet.

Wow, advanced man! Still cannot handle Satho. Current favorite is 285. The rest will give me a nasty headache the next morning.

Pattaya is also quite "red area" as many of the Pattaya folks are from Issan. However, no major red versus other color conflicts here and girls here are not as prettier as BKK.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Phuket is not expensive generally, unlike it's commonly painted out to be. The only thing expensive is tuk tuk. Food and hotel or longer term apartment accommodation are reasonable. Cheap songtheao "mini bus" plies one route between Phuket town and Patong Beach only. Elsewhere, it's all tuk tuk. You'd have to be able to bargain. Speak English and you're dead carrothead. In any case, even a local Thai speaking Thai, it'd be quite expensive.

Which part of phuket is the best place to stay? The place where bangala road is on the west or where phuket town is on the east?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thet started to muscle in in the early 90s after the fall of USSR.....many mobsters said to be ex KGBs......there were bloody turf wars with the local mafia.......now they partner each other in exchange of a harmonious working relationship....now Pattaya is a favourite russian holiday destination as well.

Much like how parts of Sukhumvit is now colonized by the Arabs....

What sort of businesses do these russians do?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

talking about moonshine and whisky......my MIL place up in Nong Khai is near to the Mekhong whisky factory....

just realized bro GD got his own brand of whisky here in LOS.....:biggrin:

gd.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which part of phuket is the best place to stay? The place where bangala road is on the west or where phuket town is on the east?

Holiday Inn.....closest you get to the beach in town.....other than that there are lots of lots of exclusive resorts away from town with private beaches if you like peace and quiet.....and if money no object......Banyan tree

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Phuket town is about more than 10km from the beach. Hotels at townside are cheaper than beachside, but roughly fair enough for both. It depends on what's your purpose. Both townside and beachside have their amenities, facilities abundantly. Convenience of civilisation is not a problem whichever side you choose.

What sort of businesses do these russians do?

Not only Pattaya, Phuket hosts a lot of Russians too. Their main business is money laundering.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What the fuck are those buggers doing in pattaya? Pieces of shit that own huge areas of land but have such a small population.

These are lands that nobody else wants. Not other Europeans, not the Chinese, not even the Mongolians when they were powerful enough to conquer China, they didn't give a damn about Russia and Siberia.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These are lands that nobody else wants. Not other Europeans, not the Chinese, not even the Mongolians when they were powerful enough to conquer China, they didn't give a damn about Russia and Siberia.

Ya hor never read about mongolians going northwards. Then again russians can boast they are the largest country in the world as if that actually means anything.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Phuket town is about more than 10km from the beach. Hotels at townside are cheaper than beachside, but roughly fair enough for both. It depends on what's your purpose. Both townside and beachside have their amenities, facilities abundantly. Convenience of civilisation is not a problem whichever side you choose.

Not only Pattaya, Phuket hosts a lot of Russians too. Their main business is money laundering.

I'm in phuket to see the vegeterian festival. The water sports and other stuff are secondary.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what business is LOS most famous for?

Selling gal backside?

I ever seen russian gals dancing on those gogo bars back in 2007. Funny thing is it seems some ppl aren't too pleased about it. Like they don't mind thai gals doing it but somehow get offended when white gals do it.

I ever saw 2 ang moh men staring at 1 thai gal and 1 black african guy outside the macdonalds in pattaya. I just found it hilarious that they were probably jealous that somehow only ang moh men can go with thai gals there.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ya hor never read about mongolians going northwards. Then again russians can boast they are the largest country in the world as if that actually means anything.

Mongolian General : Your majesty, want to go north conquer those bastard Russians in Siberia or not?

Genghis Khan : Conquer your head! Want to conquer millions of square miles of snow for fuck?

I'm in phuket to see the vegeterian festival. The water sports and other stuff are secondary.

If you mean the 9th Month 9th Emperor festival, Phuket is the capital. Go for Phuket townside. The beachside will have some carnival action too but the real action is on townside. Coffeeshops will hang yellow banners signifying that only vegetarian dishes will be served during this period. You can watch amazing procession that no Thaipusam can fight.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you mean the 9th Month 9th Emperor festival, Phuket is the capital. Go for Phuket townside. The beachside will have some carnival action too but the real action is on townside. Coffeeshops will hang yellow banners signifying that only vegetarian dishes will be served during this period. You can watch amazing procession that no Thaipusam can fight.

All right thanks for the info. I'll then be staying at phuket town. I wonder why sg's tang kee is so useless.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All right thanks for the info. I'll then be staying at phuket town. I wonder why sg's tang kee is so useless.

Singapore Chinese Tangkee and Indian Thaipusam are child's play compared to what you can see in Phuket Lunar 9th Month. Phuket was actually first settled by Indians, that's why there's such street name like Bangala. The local Thais were not really interested in it in earlier days and later the Thai-Chinese came and conquered it. Now it's more United Nations than Singapore or Bangkok. :wink:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And to Phuket too. This is becoming Thai overall thread. :biggrin:

OK, allow me to go back to BKK, possibly back to Ramkhamhaeng.

Don't know if this is realistic. Looking for a 2-3 bedroom house in Bangkok with about 100-120 Tarang Wa total area. Budget is THB 2.5-3 mil and main purpose is for staying a 3-4 times a month as I intend to to start some small investment in BKK. Do not mind the sub-urbans. Prefer areas close to the airport (Rom Klao, Sri Nakarin. Bang Na expressway) as it is also easier to go to and fro my homeground, Pattaya. Will also consider Sri Racha.

Any recommendations from BKK experts?