• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

To all Sg fugitives in Thailand : Is Ramkamhaeng a nice place to live ?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thinking of getting a Lang Baan in Ramkamhaeng district, but one French who lived there told me the area was infested with hooligans.

Any one familiar with that place ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thinking of getting a Lang Baan in Ramkamhaeng district, but one French who lived there told me the area was infested with hooligans.

Any one familiar with that place ?
If I remember correctly, Ramkamhaeng is a big district. At one end is Sukapibal 2 or 3 which connects to Minburi and RomKlao junction (Near Suvarnabhumi Airport). The townside end Ramkamhaeng is mainly over developed area where Central Shopping Centre is. On the furthest end is Sukapibal 3. For the townside, I don't know but the further end at Rom Klao/Minburi junction (after Mistine Factory), I can say the place is quiet and pleasant. That was about 5 years back. Not sure if it's still the same. I am quite familiar with Rom Klao and Minburi areas. People mind their own business there so not much interest. Things might have change/

As long as the Moo Baan has reasonable good security, and you are not taking public transport, anywhere should be OK.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is there a problem with public transport in bkk?

I have taken the taxis obviously sat inside the train and taken the tuk tuk and driven around by frens and also the motorcycles for fun and once when i got lost but i have never taken the bus.

How are thai gangsters like? Are they like sg gangsters or hk gangsters or just guys that get drunk and rowdy?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, public transport has always been a problem in BKK for decades. Not problem with Transport providers but more because of overall city planning and politics. The bus are quite safe. Not very comfortable when it is a non-aircon bus during the peak hours.

actually, these so called neighbourhood hooligans are just some teens looking for "high" with Yaba pills. Yes, they can be more dangerous as they are not thinking like an adults. They can get desperate and do damages even the long time gangster won't think of. Money for Yaba is only thing on their minds and so they target the weaks. Females, elderly, the weak and of course, Jackpot is Foreigners cos' it's presume that foreigners are richer.

If you are ever stop by one of these kids, just give them THB 200 and tell them this is what you have as you have spent all your money elsewhere. Be polite but firm and most likely, they will let you go.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
How are thai gangsters like?
tomyumgoong.jpg

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ram is about the cheapest place you can find. Reason this being a uni student district everything is dirt cheap. I stayed there for a period of time till I 'upgraded'.

There is no mrt but transport is never a problem as I can take the river taxi. It's also mins to the airport. I kinda miss the place, back when I was staying in ram18. Dun worry much about hooligans, ram is a pretty safe place.

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ram is about the cheapest place you can find. Reason this being a uni student district everything is dirt cheap. I stayed there for a period of time till I 'upgraded'.

There is no mrt but transport is never a problem as I can take the river taxi. It's also mins to the airport. I kinda miss the place, back when I was staying in ram18. Dun worry much about hooligans, ram is a pretty safe place.

Wah another Thailand runroad. I notice Thai men also don't usually keep moustache LOL

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got airport link liao.

The mrt station is no where near where I was staying in ram18....I could get to the airport by taxi much faster then going to the mrt station onwards to airport. I might consider taking mrt if going into the city though.

There is a major cineplex, 2 shopping malls all within walking distance.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The mrt station is no where near where I was staying in ram18....I could get to the airport by taxi much faster then going to the mrt station onwards to airport. I might consider taking mrt if going into the city though.

There is a major cineplex, 2 shopping malls all within walking distance.

The airport link is actually located at Klongtan, just the beginning of Ramkamhaeng.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hi Khun Ying Pojaman. I missed many threads recently because damn busy with visitors.

I am very familiar with the Ramkhampaeng stretch. Ram is a very long road and it actually starts at the junction of Phetchaburi/Phattanakan then it goes through Rama 9. This part not a nice place because quite run down however at Ram Soi 4 there is a new apartment building only 2 years old. And this part also many muslims because there is a beautiful mosque there. The muslims in this area are very nice I used to have my hair cut in Soi 4.

At the start of Rama 9 is like the real Ramkhampaeng all the way to Minburi's RomKlao/Ramintra/Suwintawong roads. Its very hard to generalize Ram is infested with gangsters it depends on the type of houses or apartments you choose to stay and also depending on the soi. I mean you find super large houses costing more than 100million THB on RAM there and also slums too. And even around the Ram U its like that rich and poor together. Then again it also depend if you are living alone or with family or just with wife (again depending on Singapore or Thai wife).

If alone or with Thai wife or gf, then I think anywhere is ok along Ram although I may choose around 3 areas which are Soi 10 - 18 where The Mall is there. Then there is Soi 38-52 where the gigantic The Mall BangKapi is located. Following that near Soi 119 is the Big C Mega area. After that you will hit the Wongwaen Outer Ring Road. Between Wongwaen and Minburi is rather nice too with lots of single houses and also apartments. This area has quite a large muslim community but I must say muslims here are rather different from Singapore and Malaysia. Better I must say in many ways as they are not pretentious people.

If with family I will choose the Wongwaen/Minburi area or even the Moo Baan Samakon on Soi 110 which is a very nice place. I go to Talat Samakon (wet market) every weekend as they have a very good variety of fish.

Now coming back to the RamU area I love the street market everyday staring from 3pm the stalls will be out till around 11pm. Damn crowded every night but I love it. A lot of street makan all the way near The Mall Bangkapi. Then you have the carpark market at The Mall Bangkapi its also fantastic as you can any anything there even tattoo, manicure, pedicure etc. Ram is a fantastic area to live in as its always busy. So serenity visit Wat Ramkhampaeng at Soi 39. There you can also take a boat to downtown along the canal which runs all the way at the back pf Ramkhampaeng road.

One last thing. Ramkhampaeng is notorious as far as road traffic is concern. But with motorcycles its not a problem. I have many lobangs about makan there.

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow....finally we have a Ramkhamhaeng expert in Joethys.

The reason I'm considering Ram is because it's relatively cheap compared to other areas in Bangkok. And I'd like the convenience of commuting via Klong San Saep.

Actually I have been thinking about Chiangmai, but it's kind of inconvenience whenever I need to travel overseas. Bangkok is still where the action is.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
First 2 years here quite wild la know many phuying staying on Ram and LatPhrao some are Ram U students. Don't get me wrong Ram U is open U so many students are working adults.

Sounds like Ram is perfect choice for you since you since you commute by water and this is so near to airport especially from Ram U area taxi to airport via Rama 9/Motorway should not cost more than 200 baht.

Love tk absorb the chaotic energy in Ramkhampaeng. Although now living on Ramintra still goes there so often for marketing in Samakon, shopping in The Mall Bangkapi and street vendors and sometimes meeting old friends.

Hell! Why whenever type the letters Ram I think of Ramseth.

Wow....finally we have a Ramkhamhaeng expert in Joethys.

The reason I'm considering Ram is because it's relatively cheap compared to other areas in Bangkok. And I'd like the convenience of commuting via Klong San Saep.

Actually I have been thinking about Chiangmai, but it's kind of inconvenience whenever I need to travel overseas. Bangkok is still where the action is.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
First 2 years here quite wild la know many phuying staying on Ram and LatPhrao some are Ram U students. Don't get me wrong Ram U is open U so many students are working adults.

Sounds like Ram is perfect choice for you since you since you commute by water and this is so near to airport especially from Ram U area taxi to airport via Rama 9/Motorway should not cost more than 200 baht.

Love tk absorb the chaotic energy in Ramkhampaeng. Although now living on Ramintra still goes there so often for marketing in Samakon, shopping in The Mall Bangkapi and street vendors and sometimes meeting old friends.

BTW, its Nawamin same as Nuanzhan. Almost all my Thai acquaintances moved to Nawamin. I have been there once, and I don't like the place. What is it so popular ?

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thailand so many Ram-something, Ramkhamhaeng, Rama 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LOL Is Ramseth with you now?

Anyway good thread. I like Thailand too. Been to Bangkok once. Can't remember the street names except Patpong, Sukhumvit and the Rama # roads :wink: Usually I go Hatyai, nearer, quicker and cheaper :smile: That Bangkok trip was quite some years ago with some friends laojiao Thai cheongsters leading our "group tour" mostly for sex, makan and shopping. 4 nights only.

I can't really speak Thai, no time to learn except how to count and a few basic words. But I always think if I have money and time, I like to spend a lot of time enjoying life there LOL

Last edited: