• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

To all Sg fugitives in Thailand : Is Ramkamhaeng a nice place to live ?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ramseth, are you saying that the longest thread in Sammyboy Forum - Living in JB, those who bought landed houses in Horizon Hills etc. bought only a lease ?

Yes. Some designated areas there're landed lease for foreigners, particularly aiming at Singapore buyers. That was during Anwar Ibrahim time as DPM and Finance M. But lease only, never freehold. The scheme was later priced up to include a levy of several hundred thousand RM, something like COE but fixed price, no need to bid. It died a natural death since it was getting too expensive even for stupid but cash flushed Singaporean to consider.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. Some designated areas there're landed lease for foreigners, particularly aiming at Singapore buyers. That was during Anwar Ibrahim time as DPM and Finance M. But lease only, never freehold. The scheme was later priced up to include a levy of several hundred thousand RM, something like COE but fixed price, no need to bid. It died a natural death since it was getting too expensive even for stupid but cash flushed Singaporean to consider.
remembered malaysia used to have this law that sinkies can only buy above 250K properties and can only sell back to sinkies etc....this law still in effect?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro..i know nuts on betting football ...even 4D i also never buy in my whole life before ...:wink:

You are a winner then. Best not to get involved in betting - see lor ceek tiao. Yet to know someone who made a fortune gambling. All my friends who bet all jialak jialak but mati mati still betting.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
HA HA HA HA HA

So like I said my be lucky la get a good faen la there are many good faen I always believe.

The problem is the word "own" used in this context is a misnomer. I believe it creates misconception among Singaporeans (that we can somehow own a landed property in Thailand) more than it arouses jealousy.

Even Thais think that foreigners can own landed property if they marry Thai ladies. There is absolutely no ownership rights. One does not have to wait for the Thai wife to pass away before the foreigner for shit to hit than fan. She can always transfer to her b/f and the foreigner can do nothing about it.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

So you confirmed that Horizon Hills and the likes are leasehold ? How many years ?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: you know, scare to use this term la always use the word faen so can have many faen la

I have always believed that this is a sign of decline in the moral standards of Thai culture. When I first arrived in Thailand, I was wondering why everybody was addressing their spouses as faen instead of samee and panrayaa. Soon after, I realized that they were not married but merely cohabiting. In other words, they used the term "faen" to also mean husband or wife with the purpose of blurring the line between marriage and cohabitation.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Agree, its a decline for the purpose of convenience. In fact the term paranya is seldom use and instead faen is most common followed by mia.

I have always believed that this is a sign of decline in the moral standards of Thai culture. When I first arrived in Thailand, I was wondering why everybody was addressing their spouses as faen instead of samee and panrayaa. Soon after, I realized that they were not married but merely cohabiting. In other words, they used the term "faen" to also mean husband or wife with the purpose of blurring the line between marriage and cohabitation.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: you know, scare to use this term la always use the word faen so can have many faen la

Always tell a Thai girl, phom yang mai mee faen. :biggrin:

So you confirmed that Horizon Hills and the likes are leasehold ? How many years ?

I'm not sure about specific areas. Though I knew the stretch outside Holiday Plaza, now opposite the new KSL City mall was eligible. That's was because I accompanied my friend to view with a Malaysian property agent. He didn't buy it in the end though. My brother bought a freehold two-storey terrace on strictly Malaysian citizen land. Damn cheap less than RM100k with front porch parking space. He used his wife's name. But if my sis-in-law divorces him, he's in deep shit with empty hands and pockets. Anyway, they've been married with kids for more than 10 years now. Should be settled for good and no problem.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, its a decline for the purpose of convenience. In fact the term paranya is seldom use and instead faen is most common followed by mia.

It depends on the social level. You will not hear Abhisit or Thaksin referring to his wife as mia or worse still, faen.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not sure about specific areas. Though I knew the stretch outside Holiday Plaza, now opposite the new KSL City mall was eligible. That's was because I accompanied my friend to view with a Malaysian property agent. He didn't buy it in the end though. My brother bought a freehold two-storey terrace on strictly Malaysian citizen land. Damn cheap less than RM100k with front porch parking space. He used his wife's name. But if my sis-in-law divorces him, he's in deep shit with empty hands and pockets. Anyway, they've been married with kids for more than 10 years now. Should be settled for good and no problem.

Your stance is that Singaporeans are not allowed to own landed property in Malaysia. Am I right ? So all the fuss about properties in JB where we have a thread dedicated to it are in fact leasehold properties, including Horizon Hills. Am I right ?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

May I direct you to one of the earlier posts by Wuqi256 in SBF's famous Living in JB thread:

The average $$$ a person needs to start this plan may be as low as 20k SGD to pay the downpayment. Financing is pretty low given todays low interest rates and you only pay less than 1k SGD a month to finance a large freehold place. My plan is that even if i don't live there, i will rent it out. 10 years, 20 years even 50 years from now(according to some people) i will still have the land although the culture and the people may have vastly changed by then. Look long term.

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?35746-Living-in-JB&p=293912#post293912

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It depends on the social level. You will not hear Abhisit or Thaksin referring to his wife as mia or worse still, faen.

Thaksin yaa Khunying leao. By the way for those who don't know, it's Chinawatra when pronounced in Thai, not Shinwatra, with ra silent.

Your stance is that Singaporeans are not allowed to own landed property in Malaysia. Am I right ? So all the fuss about properties in JB where we have a thread dedicated to it are in fact leasehold properties, including Horizon Hills. Am I right ?

I don't know about specific areas, I've made that abundantly clear, haven't I? And neither am I making a fuss. My point is there're different laws and different prices and different choices for foreigners in Malaysia. Tomorrow may come another new set of laws, we'd never know. I won't trust Malaysian laws enough to buy land there even if they allow me to today. In Malaysia, tomorrow never knows. That's my point.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thaksin yaa Khunying leao. By the way for those who don't know, it's Chinawatra when pronounced in Thai, not Shinwatra, with ra silent.

Everyday I listen to news and people talking it sounds more like Shin-Na-Wat

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May I direct you to one of the earlier posts by Wuqi256 in SBF's famous Living in JB thread:

The average $$$ a person needs to start this plan may be as low as 20k SGD to pay the downpayment. Financing is pretty low given todays low interest rates and you only pay less than 1k SGD a month to finance a large freehold place. My plan is that even if i don't live there, i will rent it out. 10 years, 20 years even 50 years from now(according to some people) i will still have the land although the culture and the people may have vastly changed by then. Look long term.

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?35746-Living-in-JB&p=293912#post293912

I'm sorry that I don't read every post and don't know everything. Good luck to you and all then. :smile:

Everyday I listen to news and people talking it sounds more like Shin-Na-Wat

They're trying sound English. There's no such consonant as Sh in Thai. :wink:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sorry that I don't read every post and don't know everything. Good luck to you and all then.

LOL...you really made it sound as if I'm consulting you on something which you don't know. The truth is I'm seeking verification on a statement you made in no uncertain terms that:-

Yes, and applies in Malaysia too, not only Thailand and Singapore. Landed property must be owned by locals. Foreigners can only buy or lease highrise private apartments and condos.

So please clarify if you still insist, as a matter of fact, that foreigners can only buy or lease high rise private apartments and condos and that foreigners are precluded from owning landed properties.

Last edited: