• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

things you miss from the past?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Library still using a piece of cardboard as membership card, everything in manual mode, down to chopping the due date with a date stamp.

Bus services got ticket sellers, from 40 cents to 80 cents(max fare) in multi color bus ticket, where he/she punch a small hole at the number representing the stop that the customer got up the bus.

SBS / TIB feeder service only 25cents.

Eating at roadside stalls in Bugis and Chinatown

Can see Ah Guas at Bugis.

wanker10

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun forget Game & Watch. They got Manhole. Otopus & etc. Fire crackers like 手拉炮,小蜜蜂& etc. Marine boy cartoon. Coca Cola brand yoyo. Gaseng (top), Playing cards like World Cup cards (1982) 比比看谁大 (1982). Feeder service only 15 cents. Bus Stamp only $12. Fake Catier Wallet. Jap pop group The Checkers, Akina Nakomori, Seiko Matsuda...

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dun forget Game & Watch. They got Manhole. Otopus & etc. Fire crackers like 手拉炮,小蜜蜂& etc. Marine boy cartoon. Coca Cola brand yoyo. Gaseng (top), Playing cards like World Cup cards (1982) 比比看谁大 (1982). Feeder service only 15 cents. Bus Stamp only $12. Fake Catier Wallet. Jap pop group The Checkers, Akina Nakomori, Seiko Matsuda...

Feeder service 15 cents, i must have mix up the children fare.:p

Mat YoYo.

Jin Tong Yu Niu Yi Seng Qian. (match mate show on SBC 8)

top up 10 cents for aircon bus when only hav non aircon bus stamp.

choose a live chicken and the seller will slit the chicken throat in front of u and dump it into a big steel drum while u receive a tag to collect the chicken in an hour time with the feathers gone.

porriadge that contain "ju hong" (pig blood jelly)

chicken rice stall selling chicken intestines for fifty cents.

small oysters fried in eggs omelete. (not the big oyster used nowadays)

Goat milk sell by indian on a bicycle.

Roti with Kaya sold by indian on a bicycle

Kachang putik sold by indian on a bicycle

turtle eggs sold by malay makcik at bedok bus interchange.

jw5

Loyal
Feeder service 15 cents, i must have mix up the children fare.:p

Mat YoYo.

Jin Tong Yu Niu Yi Seng Qian. (match mate show on SBC 8)

top up 10 cents for aircon bus when only hav non aircon bus stamp.

choose a live chicken and the seller will slit the chicken throat in front of u and dump it into a big steel drum while u receive a tag to collect the chicken in an hour time with the feathers gone.

porriadge that contain "ju hong" (pig blood jelly)

chicken rice stall selling chicken intestines for fifty cents.

small oysters fried in eggs omelete. (not the big oyster used nowadays)

Goat milk sell by indian on a bicycle.

Roti with Kaya sold by indian on a bicycle

Kachang putik sold by indian on a bicycle

turtle eggs sold by malay makcik at bedok bus interchange.
Do you remember when we could eat pig's blood cubes with yong tau foo?
I think this has been banned for some time already in SG, but together with duck's blood, still very popular in Taiwan.
Does anyone know of any other food that has been banned in SG but was available many years ago?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
<1 177155 4 (i miss u)

4 31707 1 (i love u)

1128 (i want to break)>

remind me of my 1st girlfren.. :p

anyway i missed the tricycle hawker uncle who goes round selling fried carrot cake..:biggrin: last time can bring own egg somemore..

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During my (lost?:p) youth days... Arm twist friend to drive his old man's wheels and cruise along orchard rd to try pick up young gals. There was this stretch of bars/restaurants (forgot name liao) before present real estate, and grapevine was that we could get lucky.

Problem 1: beat up mazda <1 litre, cannot even burn rubber if you floored the gas pedal. Problem 2: 1 gal (on scale of 10, 4pts) peered into our window...and asked for a lift to changi. Now this was before ecp... so we left her in our exhaust:o

Zelda

Alfrescian
Loyal
2wodeuh.png

rk3fcy.jpg

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Skillets, later Silver Spoon, at Supreme House (now Park Mall) - one of the hippest places for teenagers. I remember being there with a girl (from a neighbouring school and whom every other girls' mom warned against) and being comforted by the relatively low prices of the food. When we got the bill we were shocked at the high cost. We realised the drinks (coke, etc.) were (at $1/- a glass in 1970s) the killers!

cydonia

Alfrescian
Loyal
i miss the time i just go downstair and 'O A Bei Ya Xong' than run ard catching people and guarding the jail. Those were the day, no worries !!