• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

things you miss from the past?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
i cantonese ah beng..

used to frequent canto pub 'Nine Seven' during my army days..:biggrin::biggrin:

william scorpion, angie were the performers then...:biggrin:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i cantonese ah beng..

used to frequent canto pub 'Nine Seven' during my army days..:biggrin::biggrin:

william scorpion, angie were the performers then...:biggrin:

If you are Cantonese, it should be 'Ah Ming'.

Does anyone recall Wang Sa & Ye Feng's Ah Ngau movie? Does anyone know if it's available on DVD? It wasn't exactly the pinnacle of cinema art but I think it's an important part of our cinematic history.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Chewinggum
2. $2.50 Malboro small pack hope it will cost $25 soon
3. $2.50 Movie ticket
4. Pager (can call back as and when u like, dun wan reply jus say cannot find telephone or no small change:biggrin:)
5. Fried Hokkien Mee packed in Bamboo Leaf it's opeh leave
6. Indian man going around selling the flat pink color biscuit like roti prata (wats it called?)this is still sold in provision shops
7. Hanging around shopping malls as a group whole day during school time jus talking cock, sharing and surviving a packet of fried rice, 1 large coke and small pack of cigarettes..damn economical way to pass time thenso young start smoking already?
8. Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin shows
9. He-man, Thundercats, Green Hornet show
10. Breakdancing shows in the shopping malls
11. Smoking in the shopping malls and cinemas!:biggrin:smoke again? you have nothing to remember but cancer sticks?

I am glad that the days of cheap cigarettes are over.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good old KFC, proper KFC, the old high quality KFC, not the shit you get these days (cannot get anymore, even in USA)

A&W root beer float on huge mugs that are frozen in freezer (you still can find now in USA)

old sammy alfresco coffee shop

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hahaha i still remembers seeing lots of them...Lido cinema sibo?:p

Actually... u can find em anywhere... Jurong drive in or Kallang KFC...:biggrin:

When they still sell 4-d, toto in such kiosh...:biggrin:

mushroom_booth.jpg

Long time no see...

players-navycut.jpg

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am born in the 70's, and here's the things I missed:

a. milk packets used to be triangular
b. there is a snack known as KAKA
c. I miss a certain brand of kaya that is actually orange in color and comes in a blue round can

d. a plate of fried beehoon during my primary school days actually only cost 10 cents in the school canteen, ice cream cost 10 cents, fried chicken 50 cents.

e. we used to buy 知识报, 知识画报,to so call supplement our books
f. I still remember Mr Yakki and Mr Wollie from my primary school textbooks.
g. everyday after recess, we will squat by the longkang to brush our teeth
h. we have class duties to go wash toilets
i. feeder buses cost only 5-cents
j. i remembered that SBS buses then don't have doors, and the driver compartment is seperated from the rest of the passengers
k. there used to be a roundabout at junction of today's Queenstown shopping centre and IKEA
l. our TV used to be like a cabinet, complete with slidng doors
m. provision shops used a pulley system of two cans to hold their money and change
n. Redioffusion is the in-thing
o. stop-at-two campagn then is very prevalent
p. bus interchanges are just buses stopped along the road - like today's Marina Centre interchange
q. to be able to go McDonald then is considered a luxury
r. taking a ferry to Sentosa is an exciting thing
s. I miss the Mayflower resturant at Changi Airport Terminal One.
t. I miss the prawn noodle at the roadside hawker stalls outside Tong Ji Hospital
u. I miss the tongkangs berthed along Singapore River - miss the smell of dried sea products that are being sold along those shops
v. snake killing at Chinatown roadside market stalls

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
You love to play your balls when you are free even though your balls hate you from your primary school days ??

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
You love to play your balls when you are free even though your balls hate you from your primary school days ?? Now become golf balls ??