• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

things you miss from the past?

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
I missed the open areas, wide blue sky, not having to ever lock your front door, the roti van and the guy on the bicycle selling soon kueh during kampung times, catching fishes in real ponds (not the fucking man made ones nowadays) etc etc

What I don't missed is the bucket toilet under the rambutan tree.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Greetings from Toronto.

How can I help you?

Wahlaneh! Someone better tap his knowledge asap. Alternatively, let's encourage him to write a book - The Singapore We Never Read About?
Maybe I should jio him to go on sabbatical to jointly author something for the nation. With Charlie in Toronto and Niagara Falls not too far away, location should provide us the inspiration eh? In Charlie, we trust.Charlie, how are you.

Charlie, how are you. I have prepared some stories which may interest you. I can send it to you for the book you mentioned. You can direct me on more stories please.

I have yet to hear anyone in Sam's forum mention about Lorong G and Lorong H off Telok Kurau in the early 60's were brothel streets.

These two streets were lined with single storey bungalows which were used as brothels and the prostitutes there charged $10 to $30 for a quickie.

By the late 60's they were cleared out and I guess that was when Geylang became a gazetted zone for prostitution.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have yet to hear anyone in Sam's forum mention about Lorong G and Lorong H off Telok Kurau in the early 60's were brothel streets.

These two streets were lined with single storey bungalows which were used as brothels and the prostitutes there charged $10 to $30 for a quickie.

By the late 60's they were cleared out and I guess that was when Geylang became a gazetted zone for prostitution.

I have mentioned quite a few times.
I was too young to visit but heard stories from my older friends.
Arab street was also a red light district way before though I think hard to find a living person that has patronized there before to tell you the stories

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i def miss A&W,i think the last A&W was gone by the time i was 11 or 12 years old.and yet its memories are still burned in my mind amazing,must have been due to the poverty.its like u were in the middle of the desert or a war and u only had sweet potatoes to eat for the last 2 months and suddenly u came upon this glorious thick crispy golden brown waffles with strawberry ice cream on top,and u asked urself am i in heaven?and wondered did a kempeitai soldier kill u.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i def miss A&W,i think the last A&W was gone by the time i was 11 or 12 years old.and yet its memories are still burned in my mind amazing,must have been due to the poverty.its like u were in the middle of the desert or a war and u only had sweet potatoes to eat for the last 2 months and suddenly u came upon this glorious thick crispy golden brown waffles with strawberry ice cream on top,and u asked urself am i in heaven?and wondered did a kempeitai soldier kill u.

You must be in your 30s then.
The franchise when kaput here in the early 90s mirroring the fortunes of their owners the jumabhoy brothers.
In the 2000s it tried to make a comeback under different owners.....closes shop also soon.
You mentioned waffles. It wasn't on the original menu.... I think this was later part when nasi lenak came into the menu.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was a time that people go A&W only for the waffles as no one else had it at so many locations,,,no other fast food joint had it,,,but now got so much to choose from....no A&W also got other things to makan,,,
You must be in your 30s then. The franchise when kaput here in the early 90s mirroring the fortunes of their owners the jumabhoy brothers. In the 2000s it tried to make a comeback under different owners.....closes shop also soon. You mentioned waffles. It wasn't on the original menu.... I think this was later part when nasi lenak came into the menu.