• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thai Language Lovers -share rescources here!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You are right about the fair skin Chinese Issan people. All the while I thought all Issan people are dark skin. Until one day, I went to Udon Thani and stayed one night there (actually I was on my way to Nong Khai). Boy, I was real surprised to see quite a few Chinese looking Thais and a number of Goldsmiths shops there own by them!!

I can't really tell whether a dark person is from Issan, Klang or Tai. But of course when they speak their local dialects, I can tell. Somehow, those Klang people outside Bkk also speaks a little different from the Bkk Thai.

:biggrin:

Where is klang? Does it refer to the north? I thought they were called ngai?

When i was a child i visited the death bridge the japs forced the allied prisioners to build in thailand. It's the inspiration for the movie the bridge over river kwai. I asked my frens about this bridge and they were clueless.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks for clarifying. Thais i noticed pronounce the words differently from how it's spelled maybe cos it's something like hanyu pinyin?

Like they always pronounce words with an R as an L.

Roi (hundred) becomes loi. Arai = alai. Platinum mall is called pratunam. Central world becomes sentan world. Punch is called pun and so on. Last time one of them was working in arena club in clarke quay pronounced it as alina. I tried searching on the directory and couldn't find it. :confused: I should have figured the r and l pronunciation thing at that time.

If they pronounce english words wrongly it's still okay but how could they mix up thai words too.

Also the "L" behind becomes "N" Footbon (football); check BINN (check Bill).

Platinum not the same as Pratunam. Pratunam is "Gate Water" (Water Gate) in Thai. Platinum is Platinum!!

:smile:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also the "L" behind becomes "N" Footbon (football); check BINN (check Bill).

Platinum not the same as Pratunam. Pratunam is "Gate Water" (Water Gate) in Thai. Platinum is Platinum!!

:smile:

opps i guess she was referring to another place. Seriously i wonder how they pronounce platinum then? I cannot imagine them getting it correct.

Pratinum mall?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Where is klang? Does it refer to the north? I thought they were called ngai?

When i was a child i visited the death bridge the japs forced the allied prisioners to build in thailand. It's the inspiration for the movie the bridge over river kwai. I asked my frens about this bridge and they were clueless.

North is Ner. Klang in Thai means "middle", so phak Klang is actually Central provinces near Bangkok. Death Bridge is in Kanchanaburi, which is in Klang Province. Although they are Klang, but their spoke Thai differs a little with Bangkok Thai. But real close!!:smile:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
North is Ner. Klang in Thai means "middle", so phak Klang is actually Central provinces near Bangkok. Death Bridge is in Kanchanaburi, which is in Klang Province. Although they are Klang, but their spoke Thai differs a little with Bangkok Thai. But real close!!:smile:

wow you can tell them apart from bkk ppl despite the fact that they are so near to bkk?

Power to you man.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a thai fren and she stays at a condo in rachada but she works as a nurse.

Tell you something shocking. Few years back was cheonging at this night spot and got to know some of these thai playboys. Became so-called good friends. Whenever got parties, they will always give us a ring. Once, they introduce this matron of this hospital, can't reveal. She knew I was in their group, tell me when free go down to hospital look for her, see which nurse I like, she can arrange.

I still blur blur ask her introduce on dates is it, then one of them said, go to hospital and pick the nurse I like. Good on bed or not must tell them. I was like :eek: Got this kind meh, they tell me this is THAILAND.

Anyway, I never went to the hospital she worked in till one time was warded in the hospital for a small operation. There is a bit different from Singapore. Singapore is can go home soon, over there is you can stay and sleep there even if you can be discharged, but must pay lah. So went to find that matron, she remembered me. Ask me want "anything". I said sure or not, (still in disbelieve), she said if I am willing to pay, she will arrange. But is meet outside elsewhere and can go up to 30K. This kind of rich men's game, not we play one.

Actually like what QSD said, the culture is a bit screwed. Sometimes you see uni girls driving cars to school while still full time student. Office worker earning less than 10K baht but can stay nice condos. Then you start thinking where they get their income. And a majority of rich thais have this bad habit. They like to have young girls as their kept women. I refrain from using mistress because the generation gap is often 30-40yrs difference.

Anyway most of the time if I go, I don't go Bangkok. It's the City of Sins.:p

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Translate some of these cuss words for me:

E-dog

E-here

E-sart

Curly means prostitute? Or low class pros?

What's song sai?

What's tu lane?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pros is ger-lee as with e-dog (from dog thong- make money from selling body)

Song sai means suspicious

I think u meant tu-lay, means crude/crass

E-hia means lizard

E-Sart means animal

Translate some of these cuss words for me:

E-dog

E-here

E-sart

Curly means prostitute? Or low class pros?

What's song sai?

What's tu lane?