• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thai Language Lovers -share rescources here!

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all Thai linguistic experts,

what are some of the must-know phrases to win over the heart of a Thai girl?

Please advice. Thanks!!!
:biggrin:

This is the fastest method... and you win not just her heart but pussy as well.

one-dollar-bill-large.jpg

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thai is kind of similar to souther chinese dialects don't you think?

3 = sum, 9 = gao.

How many chinese dialects have these 2 numbers sounding the same.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thai is kind of similar to souther chinese dialects don't you think?

3 = sum, 9 = gao.

How many chinese dialects have these 2 numbers sounding the same.

there are many thai words that is similar to chinese dialects for example

chair is gao -ee
table is toh
cupboard is too

other words like heng for lucky and suay for unlucky....and the list goes on....

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about the celebration of the 9 emperors from china in phuket?

They are poking all kinds of stuff. A guy pierecing like 30 big spikes thru his cheek is typical in that festival.

I mean even sg which has a majority chinese population doesn't even practice it.

I don;t even know how the thais managed to do it.

Ok one more thing i need to confirm. Is the thaipusam thing held in only malaysia and singapore where they pierce themselve due to chinese influence.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about the celebration of the 9 emperors from china in phuket?

They are poking all kinds of stuff. A guy pierecing like 30 big spikes thru his cheek is typical in that festival.

I mean even sg which has a majority chinese population doesn't even practice it.

I don;t even know how the thais managed to do it.

Ok one more thing i need to confirm. Is the thaipusam thing held in only malaysia and singapore where they pierce themselve due to chinese influence.

Thaipusam is Hindu and 9 Emperors is Taoist. There is no connection except for the body piercing which was adopted by the Thais.
Singapore and Malaysia temples do celebrate 9 Emperors festival also

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I read somewhere that the original thaipusam did not have piercing until the chinese influence came in.

ANyway it's always good to hear of chinese influence whether it's in thailand or in sg. Comeon in today's world everything chinese is seen as negative.

Silent88scope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone here can recommend a good language school (i mean the teacher really teach and not "pian jiat" type) that we can really learn basic Thai.