• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Screwjack Yaw - the end is near?

Checker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, wife can only say something when the subject himself make some statements. He is not saying anything, wife cannot say anything also, else can make things worse. :biggrin:

Actions may speak louder. She has every right to separate, move out, sue for divorce etc. On the other hand, she can stand by him, appear supportive. No need to talk. Appear as the ultimate saviour of this sorry mess, if indeed she thinks he's worth saving. If so, others may also forgive and forget. Case closed. But that will take a lot from her. WP leadership is probably rallying around her rather than him.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actions may speak louder. She has every right to separate, move out, sue for divorce etc. On the other hand, she can stand by him, appear supportive. No need to talk. Appear as the ultimate saviour of this sorry mess, if indeed she thinks he's worth saving. If so, others may also forgive and forget. Case closed. But that will take a lot from her. WP leadership is probably rallying around her rather than him.
If she stand by him, the party stand by him, his voters stand by him and he does an even better job for his voters, hell, Singapore has really advanced past boggy man politics and armchair sulking politics from washed out wannabes. It would mean Singaporeans have hope, something the old man fears.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Additional note. Jack Neo slept around like crazy but his movies are watch and sell, at least in the Singapore and Malaysian region. I fucking no fan of his productions. He produces results in terms of Singapore scale level. Better than those who sleep around and still go nowhere. Let us see if Jack becomes a new man and produces better stuff. I noe people want to put him down due personal vendetta.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Point noted. Still in terms of admin protocol, there has to be an MP for the TC managers to report too, and I guess one of the 5 from Aljunied will be assigned?

Sorry, so many are adding broken DVDs to this thread that I didn't see this.

Sylvia Lim is the town council chairman. Low Thia Khiang and Yaw are the deputies. Enough reporting channels for the manager.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correction if I may. There is a precedence for not holding by-election in single-seat constituency. Remember that JBJ was unceremoniously removed from his Anson single-seat constituency in 1986 when he was made a bankrupt. Any by-election? PAP use all the lan cheow excuses to move their people in and merged Anson with Tanjong Pagar GRC in the 1988 GE. You think PAP will play clean and definitely call for a by-election? Wait long long. So, I say let the matter rest and lets move on.

You are correct. I had realised.

There is a major advantage and disadvantage of holding a BE. To hold one would be to give at least a chance for the PAP to win the seat. Not to hold one will give WP more work with minus one MP.

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is only 1 thing YSL should do, ask the wife to support and forgive him (at least to the public).
It is the most logical thing to do in such a situation, when people will think:
Who has been hurt the most? The wife.
If she can move on and forgive him, why can't we?
If she find it convincing enough that he will change for the better, so should we...
This works most of the time (think Clinton, Jack Neo, Tiger Woods, Jackie Chan)
"It is a moment of weakness" (ok there are more than normal times of moments here)

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Correction if I may. There is a precedence for not holding by-election in single-seat constituency. Remember that JBJ was unceremoniously removed from his Anson single-seat constituency in 1986 when he was made a bankrupt. Any by-election? PAP use all the lan cheow excuses to move their people in and merged Anson with Tanjong Pagar GRC in the 1988 GE. You think PAP will play clean and definitely call for a by-election? Wait long long. So, I say let the matter rest and lets move on.

Good point.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is only 1 thing YSL should do, ask the wife to support and forgive him (at least to the public).
It is the most logical thing to do in such a situation, when people will think:
Who has been hurt the most? The wife.
If she can move on and forgive him, why can't we?
If she find it convincing enough that he will change for the better, so should we...
This works most of the time (think Clinton, Jack Neo, Tiger Woods, Jackie Chan)
"It is a moment of weakness" (ok there are more than normal times of moments here)

I think from all the cases that happened as mentioned by you, it seems the most logical and less damaging thing to do. Provided that he is man enough to face the public on the matter.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point.

Thanks bro. Pardon me for being long-winded. The Old Man was very tulan after JBJ won the Anson by-election in 1981. He has on record vowed that from thence there will be no more by-elections. The only other by-election held since then was the 1992 Marine Parade GRC by-election but that was because GCT didn't want to be accused of preventing JBJ from contesting the 1991 snap elections since JBJ only got out of bankruptcy after the GE so GCT wayang a bit by calling for the by-election in his own constituency knowing full well that JBJ cannot win it. So from experience, LTK being JBJ's election agent in 1981 should be shrewed enough not to force Yaw to resign as MP before 2016.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng said:
Even a lizard knows how to sacrifice its tail to save its own life. WP leadership and its members must come to their senses.

Goh Meng Seng

Who is the village insect that is trying to go for the tail?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, you are right. I forgot about it.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without new allegations or new evidence, this news item is starting to fade again. The msm has so far been very reluctant to publish names and faces. Unless they do so, the silent strategy adopted by YSL and WP is likely to prevail.

djent

Alfrescian
Loyal
If washing dirty linen and highlighting WP's failure in Ministers' Salary still did not deter people from voting WP, then the ruling party will have less options to use, though it does bring WP closer to the ruling party's behavior, in the perception of the people.

Last edited:

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without new allegations or new evidence, this news item is starting to fade again. The msm has so far been very reluctant to publish names and faces. Unless they do so, the silent strategy adopted by YSL and WP is likely to prevail.

Without any new evidence and allegation, the WP leaders blink and kick YSL out of the WP leadership.....

曹操斩蔡瑁 , 自割手臂….

In the eyes of voters, the WP leaders have chickened out yet again after the Great Retreat during the Battle of Ministerial Salaries.

It has also demoralized the WP ranks and files that their leaders would choose to abandon them and throw them out to feed the packs of wolves without any proof of guilt nor innocence.

For WP supporters in Hougang, who have been voting the party for over 20 years, their MP has been unfairly dumped out of WP leadership without any evidence or explanation. They have been unjustly stripped of an important voice in the WP decision-making body based on simple rumours and gutless WP leaders.

According to media report, the WP supporters in Hougang have been saying that YSL is doing a “great job” as MP, yet he was harshly demoted and punished instead of being rewarded for his “contribution”.

To all the WP supporters in Hougang whose hope were dashed after all the euphoria in the past years, it appears that the 秦桧s in the WP have succeeded in issuing 十二道金牌 to kick their Hougang岳飞 out of CEC based on rumours and gossips. The people of Hougang will no longer have someone to champion their causes in the WP leadership despite their steadfast support for the party in all these decades because of grapevine and innuendo.

A simple rumour has all, but totally shattered the fragile confidence of the entire WP leadership…..as well as the people’s confidence in the WP leadership.

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
To add - even if WP decides to dismiss Yaw from the party, Yaw can still remain as MP if he joined another party. When Chiam left SDP, he still retain his seat upon joining SPP.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
To add - even if WP decides to dismiss Yaw from the party, Yaw can still remain as MP if he joined another party. When Chiam left SDP, he still retain his seat upon joining SPP.

If so, can he remain as MP even if he does not join any party? Because I don't see the difference then between joining another party and being independent.

Anyway, all these are unlikely scenarios.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Most likely strategy is for WP to remain silent no matter how many women come forward to tell their tales. I think they have made the calculation that no matter whether it is silence or otherwise, the media attention and if I may add harassment of individuals will stay the same, so it makes no difference in the short run.

Long run, silence will not be looked on favourably because it's not just one extra woman here, but a small crowd. The issue will come back to haunt them. I think they want to work their way out of the mess through sheer hard work on the ground and in parliament.

Last edited: