• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Screwjack Yaw - the end is near?

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read the WP's reaction as "not surprising", largely because LTK - and by extension the WP - is known to view the mainstream media as the PAP's propaganda wing [of course, he is right to have this view] and largely circled the wagons. Of course, if party members are still walking the ground and listening to feedback, the party might have a better feel of the ground on how the public feels about the whole matter rather than caving into what pressure being created by the media.

As I see it, it will be an overreaction for WP to ask Yaw to resign as MP and then call for by-election.

I agree with you that Yaw should not be made to resign now. No doubt, he is a bumbling idiot for not being able to control his hormones since he is holding a postion which is considered to command high moral authority. He should serve till the end of the term and the WP should decide what to do with him then. The simple reason is that the moment he resigns, there is no assurance that there will be a by-election in Hougang since from experience, the PAP has never allowed by-elections to be held for decades (Bukit Batok - Dr Ong Chit Chung and AMK - Dr Sadasivan are examples). In fact, the moment Yaw resigns, the PAP will move in their people (adviser to RC or whatever) to take charge by giving whatever stuplid excuse and when 2016 comes, they will have the upper hand and thus win Hougang. So, Yaw must not be made to resign, no matter what. Mark my words, no by-election will be held.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you that Yaw should not be made to resign now. No doubt, he is a bumbling idiot for not being able to control his hormones since he is holding a postion which is considered to command high moral authority. He should serve till the end of the term and the WP should decide what to do with him then. The simple reason is that the moment he resigns, there is no assurance that there will be a by-election in Hougang since from experience, the PAP has never allowed by-elections to be held for decades (Bukit Batok - Dr Ong Chit Chung and AMK - Dr Sadasivan are examples). In fact, the moment Yaw resigns, the PAP will move in their people (adviser to RC or whatever) to take charge by giving whatever stuplid excuse and when 2016 comes, they will have the upper hand and thus win Hougang. So, Yaw must not be made to resign, no matter what. Mark my words, no by-election will be held.

Correction, that should not be a concern. Bukit Batok, Ang Mo Kio are not single member constituencies. GRCs are different. There will definitely be a by-election in Hougang if Yaw resigns, or if Amy Khor in Hong Kah North resigns.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Correction, that should not be a concern. Bukit Batok, Ang Mo Kio are not single member constituencies. GRCs are different. There will definitely be a by-election in Hougang if Yaw resigns, or if Amy Khor in Hong Kah North resigns.

You are right, but the timing is an issue. Please do correct me if I get it wrong, but the govt has no obligation to call for a by-election immediately? In other words, they have like a 6-12 month window or something?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am also quite interested in this episode as I too am struggling internally how best to handle it if I were in their shoes. Not at an emotional level but more at a tactical level. Quite interesting.

Sack YSL from party and immediately trigger by-election. The whole Singapore will be rocked by WP's move and WP will have the golden opportunity to raise the bar, turn the moral tide against PAP, and emphasize decisiveness all at one go. Then fight the best campaign you can on P.E.H. and win convincingly. WP will emerge stronger than ever and no one not even estab will dare to bring up infidelity again.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sack YSL from party and immediately trigger by-election. The whole Singapore will be rocked by WP's move and WP will have the golden opportunity to raise the bar, turn the moral tide against PAP, and emphasize decisiveness all at one go. Then fight the best campaign you can on P.E.H. and win convincingly. WP will emerge stronger than ever and no one not even estab will dare to bring up infidelity again.

ERM TFBH, i already post this 2 weeks back.... all you guys are damn SLOW

see below
the best way to save Yaw now is to initiate full disciplinary inquiry, demote him to ordinary member

ask him to quit his seat and run for by-election.... even LKY quit his seat and went for by-election before,,,
let the media and public have their show ... because this what it is, 1 big wayang show,,,

after all is done and dusted... Yaw is bruised but still wiser... he still keep his MP seat... he is vindicated by the loyal hougang resident .... he will work slowly back into favour and become a CEC member after a lull

this topic is boring me... so I have kinda stop commenting so much on this affair now...every1 ish just parroting me ....

this is what they call me after calling for by-election and of course zap zap

KNNBPCB, Singapore Dog Party

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Might lead to serious consequences within the PAP. 1st cabinet meeting after dismissal will make one minister very unconformtable. 2 PAP MPs will be wondering what their colleagues and grassroots leaders are pondering. Alan Chan will summon Chua Lee Hoong on the topic of opening the pandora box. TRE will have to look for another source of funding.

And the PM will unlikely give LTK the knife again. GMS will suddenly remain very quiet. And East Coast is a goner and NSP will be on their knees in some coffeeshop pleading with LTK not to touch MP.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Might lead to serious consequences within the PAP. 1st cabinet meeting after dismissal will make one minister very unconformtable. 2 PAP MPs will be wondering what their colleagues and grassroots leaders are pondering. Alan Chan will summon Chua Lee Hoong on the topic of opening the pandora box. TRE will have to look for another source of funding.

And the PM will unlikely give LTK the knife again. GMS will suddenly remain very quiet. And East Coast is a goner and NSP will be on their knees in some coffeeshop pleading with LTK not to touch MP.

NOW you talk so much, where were your comments when i say the same thing 2 weeks ago... SAD to say WP CEC have missed the boat.... LOW is an old chinese school LAO KOK KOK... the rest of the CEC have no moral courage to stand up to big bully LOW THIA KIANG...

if I were in CEC, I might have resign just to protest ... very disappointed in all these self serving CEC members who were more desperate to save themselves and their potential MP seats instead of saving the Party......

same for you Scoo, you have a lot of acumen but you have no courage to speak up for past 3 weeks .... bery disappointed in you

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bro, your post was going very well until you said GMS will suddenly be quiet. That is one thing I can bet will never happen. Hahahaha!

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right, but the timing is an issue. Please do correct me if I get it wrong, but the govt has no obligation to call for a by-election immediately? In other words, they have like a 6-12 month window or something?

You are right. The government may refuse to hold one for the next 4 years. The last time in 1986, they refused to have it for 2 seats.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You are right. The government may refuse to hold one for the next 4 years. The last time in 1986, they refused to have it for 2 seats.

OMG, 4 years?!?! If Leisure Suit Larry resigns now, they can just call the GE in time for it.

Who will look after the town council and its accounts?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The town council setup would be advantageous.

I think it will force the govt's hand if is an SMC. They will look bad. One other scenario is that our screwjack will go to court for unfair dismissal and the Govt will wait as they did in Chiam's case.

The town council is part of one collective Aljunied-Hougang anyway. The staff will still be there.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think it will force the govt's hand if is an SMC. They will look bad. One other scenario is that our screwjack will go to court for unfair dismissal and the Govt will wait as they did in Chiam's case.

If Leisure Suit Larry goes to Court, he will hurt himself, the women, their families, and tarnish the image of WP irreparably.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
The town council setup would be advantageous.

why will govt look bad when it is WP forcing the by-election?
you are dumb if you think he will go to court .. he is nothing without Low... He is no Chiam...

if anything Low can just force him to resign, so what unfair dismissal are you talking about .... dun be a cock

I just look for people who have been more consistent over time and put well-thought out views. There's a whole bunch of them in SBF and that's why I keep coming back for more.

now you know who to look for...
look at my posts for the past 3 weeks, who has been most consistent since forever.... i wrote long well-thought out essays which scoo and a host of othere still have not reply to yet...

actually i dun have to promote myself, it s not my loss whether you read or not

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If there is a court case, he will continue to earn his salary, he will continue to act and conduct himself as MP just as Chiam did. He can also argue that these private matters and he had fulfilled the party function with distinction.

In essence he has nothing to lose. Serial womanisers generally are bold and not much concerned about dignity or integrity.

If Leisure Suit Larry goes to Court, he will hurt himself, the women, their families, and tarnish the image of WP irreparably.

Checker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doubt if he will resign as there is little incentive to. News cycle will fade. WP does not command the resources and network of power & wealth to "look after" him should he decide to do the "honourable" thing (resign). Political career is completely over should he resign. Only way out for him is to lie low, don't tell lies (keep quiet), work hard and hope for turn-around in fortunes. He's elected member. Hasn't broken laws. Can WP easily go above the electorate to force a resignation if he refuses? Why should he agree to such an arrangement?