• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Screwjack Yaw - the end is near?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
4 women and a baby. This is no longer your ordinary case of womanising, adultery or one of roving eye. This guy seems to be taking advantage of women as a matter of course. I won't be surprised that there are more.

With a situation like this, no amount of apology or remorse is going to help.

It maybe better if LTK offer the apology, dismiss this prick from the party and go for a byelection. I am sure Hougang will still vote in a WP candidate. Possibly Png Eng Huat.
hahaha....reading the gossips from the msm/forums suddenly some demi god believed everything and added in his own conclusion of "taking advantage of women".....maybe he should be called the prata man instead..

Last edited:

Alladin

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that is how you think things should be done bro, you are gonna need a big shovel. A very BIG one and lots of effort behind it. Cheers
Yep. Depending on how WP handle this, I suspect there's going to be more revelations to come, and YSL/AF ain't gonna be the only ones caught with their pants/skirt down.

PMPunk

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got pass him your wife to fuck?

Buttfucker Joseph Ong Chor Teck, you know you are in the red or not? Hahahaha!!!!!! middle_finger.gif

maozedong

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are making a serious accusation. Predatory is a strong word. Do you have proof? I'm not defending YSL, but for all you know, he could be just another 'player', and the women were not innocent victims. It takes two hands to clap, you know.

But I do think YSL's political career is over, kaput for now, mainly because of the way he mishandled the crisis.

Bro, not your usual adultery of poor judgement. This guy is certainly taking advantage of women. Counting agent, translator etc. There is an element of abusing position. Looks serial to me.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry but agree with S and TFBH because people change minds based on new information received.

Those who do not change minds based on two different information - old and new info - is like accusing 100 people of theft and if 1 really is a thief who commits theft after the accuser first accused, the accuser weirdly claims credit for some prophetic skills.

There are also those who change minds based on two same information. Eg. party leader fields someone with track record of maid photography but now takes the moral high ground of accusing the affair chap of bad behaviour. Plus somemore later bring in the maid chap as another case of bad behaviour whom the chap itself fielded as candidate.

dun try to digress....

the writing was already oin the wall .....
WP was lucky to have CNY as a breather

.... you guys are like 3 or 4 times my age.... you really think it is going to just blow over with no comments....

TFBH change his mind pretty fast.... but not people like aurvandil ... pathetic... aurvandil actually think he can influence public opinion ....

and the other1 who keep harping on Shanmugan is preety self inflated if you ask me...

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dunno where but somebody mentioned it before: there was definitely something fishy when YSL refused to confirm or deny the rumours.

There was something fishy going on. I still think the WP did the right thing.

If there is a skeleton in the closet, and there is only 1 skeleton in the closet, and if it doesn't affect YSL's political career, admit to the world that there is a skeleton in the closet, and the move on.

If there are more skeletons in the closet, and people only know about one, and the guy's political career is finished, just throw away the whole closet along with that person.

This angle on his behaviour being predatory and an abuse of authority puts a new spin on my view of Bill Clinton. For years I had accepted the argument that personal life is personal life and politics is politics. However, if you say that YSL is unfit for office due to recurring patterns of behaviour, then Bill Clinton should have been punished for preying on an intern. I suppose he only survived because people thought he was doing a good job.

Simbian

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read the WP's reaction as "not surprising", largely because LTK - and by extension the WP - is known to view the mainstream media as the PAP's propaganda wing [of course, he is right to have this view] and largely circled the wagons. Of course, if party members are still walking the ground and listening to feedback, the party might have a better feel of the ground on how the public feels about the whole matter rather than caving into what pressure being created by the media.

As I see it, it will be an overreaction for WP to ask Yaw to resign as MP and then call for by-election. As someone has already pointed out, the brand of conservatism in the HDB heartland is not really the kind of social conservatism we find in say, the Deep South of the United States. And my gut feeling tells me that the Christian Right in Singapore are hardcore PAP voters anyway and if they exist, the Christian Left will vote for SDP or anything that is not PAP.

As for Yaw, it is up to the party whether they should field him in GE2016. Perhaps by then people would have forgotten about it.

More importantly, this fiasco shows what Temasek Review truly is and why the government never even bothered to gazette it. It is truly a rabid dog running around biting anything that is remotely establishment. :biggrin:

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I read the WP's reaction as "not surprising", largely because LTK - and by extension the WP - is known to view the mainstream media as the PAP's propaganda wing [of course, he is right to have this view] and largely circled the wagons. Of course, if party members are still walking the ground and listening to feedback, the party might have a better feel of the ground on how the public feels about the whole matter rather than caving into what pressure being created by the media.

As I see it, it will be an overreaction for WP to ask Yaw to resign as MP and then call for by-election. As someone has already pointed out, the brand of conservatism in the HDB heartland is not really the kind of social conservatism we find in say, the Deep South of the United States. And my gut feeling tells me that the Christian Right in Singapore are hardcore PAP voters anyway and if they exist, the Christian Left will vote for SDP or anything that is not PAP.

As for Yaw, it is up to the party whether they should field him in GE2016. Perhaps by then people would have forgotten about it.

More importantly, this fiasco shows what Temasek Review truly is and why the government never even bothered to gazette it. It is truly a rabid dog running around biting anything that is remotely establishment. :biggrin:

I do agree with you. In fact, most "saintly" people played with fire all the time and were not caught. Pastor of highly beings become a phaedophile, teacher molest young underaged student, grassroot leader took underskirt photos, monk misappropriated money, police chief bribed for sex, Foo Mee Har flirt with her boss but SPH didn't even sound a loud alarm button. It is not about the nature of crime but the legality of it, it is about fair & objective coverage by traditional media.

Yaw was just a naughty boy who lighted up a match stick and the whole town screamed for Fire Engine and wanted his life, that is what I meant by disproportionate blaming and we should not fall into PAP trap.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do agree with you. In fact, most "saintly" people played with fire all the time and were not caught. Pastor of highly beings become a phaedophile, teacher molest young underaged student, grassroot leader took underskirt photos, monk misappropriated money, police chief bribed for sex, Foo Mee Har flirt with her boss but SPH didn't even sound a loud alarm button. It is not about the nature of crime but the legality of it, it is about fair & objective coverage by traditional media.

Yaw was just a naughty boy who lighted up a match stick and the whole town screamed for Fire Engine and wanted his life, that is what I meant by disproportionate blaming and we should not fall into PAP trap.

well said!!! up u. so many people here so smart and pointing finger here and there. if u all not happy, dont vote for WP. no need come here act like saint. u know who u r.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo,

YSL has been a serial and successful womanizer. In so much as it was consensual, there is currently no hint of harassment , rape, exchange of sex for Aljunied Town Council Translation Services contract etc etc etc. The question is one about the "damage" to the party, damage to the opposition and the ability of the party to manage its "crisis".

The damage will not be to HG , but rather to the erosion of support for the WP in AJ. HG is at 65% which is or will be hard to chip away at in one go, AJ is at 56% which is still politically dangerous and which could swing either way in the next round.

I am afraid that the handling of the crisis by the party is symptomatic of how LOW and in particular a certain way of thinking continues to dominate and dictate how issues are settled and done within the party.

The "LTK" philosophy remains , that " One should have no expectations from the party, One should die for the party , and that any bone or responsibility is a gift and not a right ". In so much as that attitude produces loyalty and discipline it also produces a load of lemmings willing to go over the edge if the wrong advice is given or read by those at the top.

The triumvirate of LTK SL and YSL has been disrupted for a reason, the leaks were from within for a reason. In the traditional chinese way of "borrowing a sword " , YSL was not the target of this escapade but rather SL and LTK.

The belief strongly held that door to door vista , dinners, funerals, temple dinners. etc etc can overcome any amount of bad press by a hostile media. That belief is built into its leaders, its candidates and its leaders even when many should know better based on their professional backgrounds.

And when the proverbial shit hits the fan, the party reaction as a whole reverts to its tried and tested MO. " Shut Up and Disclose Nothing ". If loyalty is valued above all else then more rocky roads lie ahead. YSL might have been loyal to the party but how far SHOULD the party remain loyal to him ? Should it in any way risk AJ to save him ?

Locke

4 women and a baby. This is no longer your ordinary case of womanising, adultery or one of roving eye. This guy seems to be taking advantage of women as a matter of course. I won't be surprised that there are more.

With a situation like this, no amount of apology or remorse is going to help.

It maybe better if LTK offer the apology, dismiss this prick from the party and go for a byelection. I am sure Hougang will still vote in a WP candidate. Possibly Png Eng Huat.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not suggesting anything criminal. Its using the position to take advantage of people who are subordinate and supporting him. If he was screwing SL, Glenda and even Angela I have no issues. There are many on both sides of the divide and nothing new. We talking about translator and counting agent. Note the comment from the PRC.

Obviously it was serious enough for a sitting MP to be turfed out from CEC.

YSL is not issue and I suspect that you know that. When a party adopts a line along accountability and transparency and a co-driver as they don't trust the ruling party, we are talking about moral conduct. If WP says that they would be contributing towards policy making, going thru the budget with fine tooth comb, I am sure we can't be bothered.

There are 2 options facing WP Leadership - one, turf him out and reclaim the moral high ground or slowly move away from accountability and transparency and just concentrate on tangible stuff which they have limited competence in. The question is, is YSL worth it. Are the rest prepared to carry the can for this runway prick with pun intended.

I am also quite interested in this episode as I too am struggling internally how best to handle it if I were in their shoes. Not at an emotional level but more at a tactical level. Quite interesting.

I am pretty sure that some are not prepared and thus the leak.

ps. this is purely speculative but I suspect I now understand why LTK did not go for the jugular when the PM gave him the knife over WKS. He probably knew that PM and establishment had a handle over what is going on.

Dear Scroo,

YSL has been a serial and successful womanizer. In so much as it was consensual, there is currently no hint of harassment , rape, exchange of sex for Aljunied Town Council Translation Services contract etc etc etc. The question is one about the "damage" to the party, damage to the opposition and the ability of the party to manage its "crisis".

Locke

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Locke Liberal is YSL buddy. I've lost count of how many women he's been involved with. But it's alright for LL. He's neither an MP nor planning to be one. :wink:

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo,

Honestly it is my belief that there is a strong consensus that if they attend enough temple dinners, sell enough hammers, knock on enough doors etc etc, that these tactics are enough to overcome or limit whatever happens at the strategic or CEC level.

The problem with accountability is that its all fine in theory till it touches a "loyal" or the "golden one". In the West at least, the party outweighs all any "any" golden boy can go from hero to zero in a blink.

In Low's view, some degree of accountability has been done but it has been private accountability and the key is I believe this, Private accountability allows for redemption of the golden boy at a later date hopefully when all is forgotten. Public accountability removes that ability to a large degree.

Removing him from the CEC was a blunder as it reopened the floodgates and was a tacit admission. Not explaining the decision was even worse , People read between the lines and they are not stupid and they all believe that YSL did it and he was censured by the party for it. Keeping silent adds no value whatsoever except to protect whatever shred of dignity that YSL left and it goes back to the question how far should he be protected as the golden boy ? And to what extent YSL is the golden boy who should be protected is a calculation for the CEC and those who have been gifted by low, desire political advancement, see things in its brutal clarity to decide or feel that loyalty however lemming like in its blindness should be the priority, its for them to decide, This remains strictly out of my party pay grade. .

Low's explanation of his silence on LTK was so weak to the cadre conference that year as to be laughable. Basically he adopted "strictly" the dictates of the Westminster principle of accountability that as long as the MInister was not directly responsible for the actions of the service , he should not resign. Of course that principle has to be balanced against the known FACT that N Selamat was no boy scout and the most dangerous terrorist in Singapore during that period, and whether that Political Judgement was made correct was in my view made incorrectly.

At the end of the day , LOW delights and wants a free shot at the PAP. That is an argument to which the PAP has no response. That forgets the whole point that the PAP will have some response however stupid or inane and the art lies in showing its stupidity in its full glory.

Locke

Not suggesting anything criminal. Its using the position to take advantage of people who are subordinate and supporting him. If he was screwing SL, Glenda and even Angela I have no issues. There are many on both sides of the divide and nothing new. We talking about translator and counting agent. Note the comment from the PRC.

Obviously it was serious enough for a sitting MP to be turfed out from CEC.

YSL is not issue and I suspect that you know that. When a party adopts a line along accountability and transparency and a co-driver as they don't trust the ruling party, we are talking about moral conduct. If WP says that they would be contributing towards policy making, going thru the budget with fine tooth comb, I am sure we can't be bothered.

There are 2 options facing WP Leadership - one, turf him out and reclaim the moral high ground or slowly move away from accountability and transparency and just concentrate on tangible stuff which they have limited competence in. The question is, is YSL worth it. Are the rest prepared to carry the can for this runway prick with pun intended.

I am also quite interested in this episode as I too am struggling internally how best to handle it if I were in their shoes. Not at an emotional level but more at a tactical level. Quite interesting.

I am pretty sure that some are not prepared and thus the leak.

ps. this is purely speculative but I suspect I now understand why LTK did not go for the jugular when the PM gave him the knife over WKS. He probably knew that PM and establishment had a handle over what is going on.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great points.

Also in the West, there is sizeable pool where replacements with competence are waiting in the wings. Here it is limited.

The CEC dismissal is to assauge others and not to punish him.

Dear Scroo,

Honestly it is my belief that there is a strong consensus that if they attend enough temple dinners, sell enough hammers, knock on enough doors etc etc, that these tactics are enough to overcome or limit whatever happens at the strategic or CEC level.

The problem with accountability is that its all fine in theory till it touches a "loyal" or the "golden one". In the West at least, the party outweighs all any "any" golden boy can go from hero to zero in a blink.

In Low's view, some degree of accountability has been done but it has been private accountability and the key is I believe this, Private accountability allows for redemption of the golden boy at a later date hopefully when all is forgotten. Public accountability removes that ability to a large degree.

Locke

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo,

Removing him from the CEC was a blunder as it reopened the floodgates and was a tacit admission. Not explaining the decision was even worse , People read between the lines and they are not stupid and they all believe that YSL did it and he was censured by the party for it. Keeping silent adds no value whatsoever except to protect whatever shred of dignity that YSL left and it goes back to the question how far should he be protected as the golden boy ? And to what extent YSL is the golden boy who should be protected is a calculation for the CEC and those who have been gifted by low, desire political advancement, see things in its brutal clarity to decide or feel that loyalty however lemming like in its blindness should be the priority, its for them to decide, This remains strictly out of my party pay grade. .

Low's explanation of his silence on LTK was so weak to the cadre conference that year as to be laughable. Basically he adopted "strictly" the dictates of the Westminster principle of accountability that as long as the MInister was not directly responsible for the actions of the service , he should not resign. Of course that principle has to be balanced against the known FACT that N Selamat was no boy scout and the most dangerous terrorist in Singapore during that period, and whether that Political Judgement was made correct was in my view made incorrectly.

At the end of the day , LOW delights and wants a free shot at the PAP. That is an argument to which the PAP has no response. That forgets the whole point that the PAP will have some response however stupid or inane and the art lies in showing its stupidity in its full glory.

Locke

HI Locke, thanks for your posting, you confirm my suspicious...

I been fishing for info about groupthink in WP for so long here, what we have here is a 1 man show...

If WP is to progress further, we will need more Yee JJ and SHow Mao and less of LTK...

most importantly, Yee JJ and SHow Mao do not need LTK, whereas young guns like GG, pritam and Yaw all owe their loyalty to Low...

as long WP is a 1 man show, it cannot progress to attract the likes of Yee JJ and SHow Mao ....

if you guys speak to Eric Tan, He lay the blame solely on LTK as well..... he never blame the rest of CEC, he is probably still on good term with most of the CEC and rest of the Party....

sometime i wonder if there is any collective leadership ?? .... for all the "talent" in the WP CEC, you really wonder if they are all Yes-men or just awfully self disciplined ?

I still find it hard to believe learned men like JJ and show mao will think they can just keep mum.....