• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Screwjack Yaw - the end is near?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
To add - even if WP decides to dismiss Yaw from the party, Yaw can still remain as MP if he joined another party. When Chiam left SDP, he still retain his seat upon joining SPP.

Correction - you will be disqualified as MP. To be exact, Chiam left SDP only in 1996 and refreshedly contested under SPP in 1997. He tried to fight very hard to stay as a member in 1993.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most likely strategy is for WP to remain silent no matter how many women come forward to tell their tales.

YSL was overheard saying very boldly to msm reporters that even if they expose 8 or 10 women, it is still "no comment".

He seems supremely confident that everyone is going to stand by him.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Correction - you will be disqualified as MP. To be exact, Chiam left SDP only in 1996 and refreshedly contested under SPP in 1997. He tried to fight very hard to stay as a member in 1993.

I see.

Sounds a bit odd though. Let's say you win a seat as an independent candidate. You'd have no party anyway, right? So I don't quite see the logic in how a party sacking would mandate being disqualified as MP, unless the argument is that people voted for you as a member of a party and not purely as individual.

Last edited:

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actions may speak louder. She has every right to separate, move out, sue for divorce etc. On the other hand, she can stand by him, appear supportive. No need to talk. Appear as the ultimate saviour of this sorry mess, if indeed she thinks he's worth saving. If so, others may also forgive and forget. Case closed. But that will take a lot from her. WP leadership is probably rallying around her rather than him.

If wife opens mouth to media " I believe in him and stand by him. ", she will be bombarded by leeporters ," So did he do it? " .Jialat liow... Then she will be forced to lie for him or confess for him. If she divorces him, it is as good as indirect confession by Yaw, and all the strategy of keeping mum by him goes down the drain. I think she'd better stand by him quietly. I believe wife at this time is the victim and suffers the most, and if possible will try to shy away from media. Many have disagreements on how WP and Yaw responded to the scandal, and I think they will have to bear the repercussions of their course of actions depending on individual's level of perception and acceptance. But it's a shame some fella can snake through these sort of things Bo Tai Ji, as highlighted in bro Scroobal's other thread, on how one can by good fortune of his special connection and backing, escape the scrutiny of the media and people unscathed, and still can climb up higher and higher.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear TFBH,

The "WP stonewall " is a page straight from the Low Book of media relations. Even before GE 2011, Low as the sole WP representative had a reputation of being uncontactable for comments when he wanted it so.

When the party was LOW and LOW was the party, it made certain sense. It makes less sense with six opposition MPs and the first Malay Opposition MP for donkey years. Politicians live and die by the media. The relationship between the media and the WP is not a one way street as dictated by the wishes and wants of the WP depending on the occasion and the sooner they wake up to that fact, the better it is for them,

The stonewall exists or is in place for no other reason than to protect Yaw in case someone decides to redeem him at a later stage. Is the WP immune to the normal dictates of the media game ? Can they afford even a 2% drop in support for the party if this issue is not dealt with correctly ?

Locke

Most likely strategy is for WP to remain silent no matter how many women come forward to tell their tales. I think they have made the calculation that no matter whether it is silence or otherwise, the media attention and if I may add harassment of individuals will stay the same, so it makes no difference in the short run.

Long run, silence will not be looked on favourably because it's not just one extra woman here, but a small crowd. The issue will come back to haunt them. I think they want to work their way out of the mess through sheer hard work on the ground and in parliament.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like many people here, I would really like WP and YSL to come clean and tell us the truth. However I also think that from WP's point of view, remaining silent may be the best strategic thing to do, after doing their maths and calculations.

It's still early into the term, being 4 more years before the next GE. There's still a lot of time to wait and see what develops, then react accordingly. Making an early hasty decision now that they may regret later is likely to be a bad idea. What has happened is going to lose them some votes, but will it be a significant amount of votes? If YSL stays at Hougang SMC, is he going to lose the 30% margin he held? Is WP going to lose the 8% margin they held in Aljunied? It's possible, but really highly unlikely.

If LTK had big plans for YSL's future with WP, then they will probably have to be shelved, possibly for good. WP's immediate goal is to keep Hougang and Aljunied safe while trying to make headway into other constituencies. YSL can still play an important part in this by staying behind in Hougang to keep it safe. Dumping YSL and replacing him with someone else is not only unlikely to affect the polling results, but a waste of a good candidate being moved from another constituency into Hougang.

Seriously, expecting WP or any politician to be a pillar of morality is being simply naive. Their primary goal is to win your votes, and to do that they just need to make sure you like them more than the other guy. How many people are going to say "I hate the PAP. WP is becoming like the PAP so I hate WP. Therefore I am going to vote for PAP instead of WP."?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dear TFBH,

When the party was LOW and LOW was the party, it made certain sense. It makes less sense with six opposition MPs and the first Malay Opposition MP for donkey years. Politicians live and die by the media.

Locke

I would agree with you on this. WP has grown and become more successful in parliament, but the methods of media relations have not changed.

WP is taking a calculated gamble that their tried and tested strategy of "if there's nothing good to say, don't say anything", will work again, or rather --- that it will be the least bad strategy of all possible strategies. They are falling back on historical experience and past behaviour, which as you've point out may not work or becoming irrelevant in this day and age.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see.

Sounds a bit odd though. Let's say you win a seat as an independent candidate. You'd have no party anyway, right? So I don't quite see the logic in how a party sacking would mandate being disqualified as MP, unless the argument is that people voted for you as a member of a party and not purely as individual.

It doesn't apply to independents. But independents have a low projection rate, that is the trade-off. How many independents around the world win seats.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perspective is right. Old Man changed the rules after his MPs crossed the floor and defected to the Barisan Sosialis. Thereafter, he changed rules such that if an MP leaves or resigns from his party on which he was elected, then the seat falls vacant and a BE has to be called to fill it.

I see.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To people who professed to vote for any animal or insect except PAP, now way way before PAP is in anyway challenged of losing power in government, you've gone into zoological studies of species.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
To people who professed to vote for any animal or insect except PAP, now way way before PAP is in anyway challenged of losing power in government, you've gone into zoological studies of species.

Hopefully YSL was not so dumb as to be a customer of an online vice ring dealing in unripe fruits.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that is true, then Scroobal was spot on in his assessment of that chap.

the only guy who has been spot on since day 0 is me....

I was the 1st to say the below

WP is not doin itself any favour by keeping quiet... all this talk of Transparency and Accountability... in the end when shit hit the fan ..... no1 have the fucking ball to make a fucking beep....

ah Yaw think he can pretend nothing happen by disabling his FB wall.....

he is nt letting any1 down... but just letting his supporters down only .... the 50 thousands of us who pack serangoon stadium... that is who he let down....

and now I will be the 1st to say that it is probably more than just 2, look at Jack and Tiger, Terry and Giggsy.... he may not be as rich and famous as them.... but the thing bout these sex addict is they dun stop at 1 or 2 ....

so please go fuck yourself

Last edited:

Alladin

Alfrescian
Loyal
YSL was overheard saying very boldly to msm reporters that even if they expose 8 or 10 women, it is still "no comment".

He seems supremely confident that everyone is going to stand by him.
It's the expected number when all his shit gets spilled lah. :p Hint hint a bit to test water and market reaction first.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hopefully YSL was not so dumb as to be a customer of an online vice ring dealing in unripe fruits.

and i would seriously encourage forummers here not to engage in and fall for such exchanges of field reports and/or pics and images of minors, even though you may think it's a joke, for fun, or they may seem harmless to you. it's criminal, and law enforcement all over the world are spending much time, effort and money scouring the internet, going undercover, posing as fellow members, and sniffing for evidence, identifying and watching perpetrators. it's zero tolerance, and it's one area in cyberspace where many countries' law enforcement agencies have agreed and come to work together, especially when underaged girls and boys are involved.

sam should put up a strong reminder on this, and i'm sure he already has. members just ignore or don't read.

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
hohohohohoho...man u sure r a slippery slimy eel GMS...

i clearly recall u trying to fudge YSL's vote pap booboo during delphi days...all becuz YLS's booboo appeared to hv been raised by yr then "enemies" la mei n gang...

i hv all along maintained that YSL is a piece of shit politico since his vote pap booboo...n am not surprised by what has since transpired...although to me personally it is just wayang n dramarama...a distraction fm the bigger picture...

this latest episode also proves me right...that u GMS r also a piece of shit wanabe politico...i hate to say this but in a 2 way GE fight between u n pap...i wld spoil my vote...

YSL is an idiot anyway, right from 'I vote PAP saga' to all his scheming and scandalous dealings. It is just sooner or later he be made the sacrificial lamb.

Goh Meng Seng

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Too be fair to YSL,,,how come no one comment that Angela was unfateful too? it takes 2 to tango,,if he want affair and she dont want affair,,would that not be rape/harrasement? so Both are at fault as both were unfaithful,,,