• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SBS Bus Numbers in the 70s and 80s

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Whenever I see these yellow/orange busses in Bangkok streets always reminds me of our very own City Shuttle

Bangkok
FBC66A63-6297-4A54-B0AF-31951DE96BB1.jpeg

Singapore
60B820E9-FD47-46DA-8CA9-4992ED178328.jpeg

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the 1960s, no aircond buses. Windows were sliding ones - up and down, with wooden panels to provide
the grip. When it starts raining, passengers had to push up the windows. When all the windows up, and
the bus is less noisy, conductors with a sense of humour will scream: WHATEVER HAPPENS, I KNNM YOUR
MOTHER IF YOU FART :biggrin:

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
K.N.N.

Is it 103 or 106??
Used to take to tHe old CMPB in
Ho-Lan Load.

Wow.!! 69 yrs had passed just lidat.
Neither the old 103 nor 106 plies Holland Road leh. Maybe you took the new 106 ( currently between bukit batok and shenton way) to cmpb.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bus 170 Queen St to JB
Bus 171 Ply along Bukit Timah to Mandai
Bus 172 End of Lim Chu Kang to Prince Edward rd ( near Marina bay)
Bus 173 Ply along Bukit Timah to Hillview
Bus 174 Chinatown to end of Jurong
Bus 175 Ply along Bukit Timah to Tuas
Bus 176 ??
Bus 177 Upper BKT to CCK
Bus 178 Ply along Upper BKT via Bukit batok to Taman Jurong
Bus 179 Upper BKT to end LCK
These numbers are new ones introduced after the bus system revamp in 1 April 1973 if I am not wrong. They mostly belong to United Bus Company before Lky nationalised the 3 remaining bus companies into SBS.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
These numbers are new ones introduced after the bus system revamp in 1 April 1973 if I am not wrong. They mostly belong to United Bus Company before Lky nationalised the 3 remaining bus companies into SBS in 1978. After the liquidation of STC (singapore traction company)(green livery)which is government-owned, the 3 pte bus companies, namely Amalgamated Bus Company(blue livery), Associated Bus Services(red livery) and United Bus Company(yellow livery) were coerced by lky to buy all the STC buses and take over the running of the routes. Less than 2 years later, they were forced to merge to form SBS. Sounds familiar? Think SPH.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

For that matter, think Tat Lee Bank, Overseas Union Bank and two other smaller banks whose names I cannot remember.
These four banks are represented by the vertical lines in the UOB logo, with the horizontal line representing UOB which
took over these smaller banks over a period of time.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For that matter, think Tat Lee Bank, Overseas Union Bank and two other smaller banks whose names I cannot remember.
These four banks are represented by the vertical lines in the UOB logo, with the horizontal line representing UOB which

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no idea..I only know if anyone has studied in school along bukit timah would have those 17x buses.
These numbers are new ones introduced after the bus system revamp in 1 April 1973 if I am not wrong. They mostly belong to United Bus Company before Lky nationalised the 3 remaining bus companies into SBS.

bonds

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whenever I see these yellow/orange busses in Bangkok streets always reminds me of our very own City Shuttle

Bangkok

Singapore

K.N.N.

Now Bangcocks vely modern.
Gots Metropolitan Rapid Transit.
I take day time,
at night take tut-tut
shiok-shiok look see, look see.

bonds

Alfrescian
Loyal

K.N.N.

Is it
Chung Khiaw bank &
Lee Wah bank.