• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SBS Bus Numbers in the 70s and 80s

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I remember before they chased away the residents at kampongs along telok paku and nicoll drive, bus 1 used to ply from Delta Circus to Changi Village, 1A (later numbered 3) too but it took an alternative route. Bus 2 plies from the old Commonwealth Ave terminal (the current Commonwealth Ave road sits on top of the terminal) to Changi Village. Bus 1 and 3 hv since become obsolete although there is a new bus 3 now plying between punggol and tampines. Bus 2 has been shortened to New Bridge Road terminal

Bus #4 running along Tampines to Katong area in the past if I recalled correctly.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
The first Tibs buses are based inYishun and Woodlands interchanges. Bus 850 from Yishun to Shenton Way and 851, 852 are some of the earliest services. 850 has been abolished after the mrt went to yishun. 851 remains basically intact. 852 used to ply fm yishun to the old jurong interchange. Woodlands buses starts from the old woodlands interchange near the CIQ. My memory fails me here but I think the earliest Tibs buses that operate from here are 900, 901 etc. This is because bus 178, 181(current day 961) and 169 used to belong to Sbs and they operate from this interchange. This defunct interchange has recently been demolished for building the new and expanded CIQ complex.
CSS commenced services in 1975 and has 8 services. CSS 1, 4 are operates by ntuc and the others are by Singapore Shuttles Bus Pte Ltd. The fares for CSS are much cheaper than SBS and Tibs. Maybe thats why they are now out of business.

bonds

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN if can leemember 70s must be very old uncle liao KNN my uncle only can leemember taking 1 feeder bud 248 if not mistaken along commonwealth ave West there to the poly KNN it will go both sp and nap KNN

K.N.N.

Me Leerember rast time got this City Shuttle Service No.5 from Bt Merah Central to,
I think Bed-Ok, passing Rob-bin-son Load.
Used to take it go there when me working in Cecil St.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bus 70 Jalan Kayu to Geylang
Bus 71 same as above, more or less
Bus 72 Mountbatten Road to Paya Lebar
Bus 73 Serangoon Gardens circle
Bus 103 Jalan Kayu to....
Bus 41 to Bedok Interchange

Yes, Bus 158 ends at Toa Payoh, same as 73
103 was a very long route from Jalan Kayu to the old Commonwealth Avenue terminal past Chinatown and Margaret Drive

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
K.N.N.

No.2 journey long long route, bestest to CV.
Yep I like this route when taking it during young time. From Commonwealth Ave, bukit merah, chinatown, geylang, upper changi road (this is a very long mountainous single lane road from junction of siglap and new upper changi road today) till changi 10 miles(changkat changi) then changi village. Sad that in the name of progress, the longish Upper Changi Road has been butchered in many places.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyonevreme
K.N.N.

Me Leerember rast time got this City Shuttle Service No.5 from Bt Merah Central to,
I think Bed-Ok, passing Rob-bin-son Load.
Used to take it go there when me working in Cecil St.
that was CSS 8. It was the most profitable of all the CSS services from bukit merah to bodoh interchange passing robinson road, nicoll highway, marine parade then on to bodoh. This is also the last CSS service to be decommissioned. With that, CSS became obsolete

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone remember the old Kampong Chai Chee bus terminal? Do you know where was it? I used to catch the old bus 5 from here and on to upper bukit timah road

bonds

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyonevreme

that was CSS 8. It was the most profitable of all the CSS services from bukit merah to bodoh interchange passing robinson road, nicoll highway, marine parade then on to bodoh. This is also the last CSS service to be decommissioned. With that, CSS became obsolete

K.N.N.

Yes,
Yes, You are right.
Its No.8.
Apologies again, LauAhPek senile liao and forgetful.

bonds

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone remember the old Kampong Chai Chee bus terminal? Do you know where was it? I used to catch the old bus 5 from here and on to upper bukit timah road

K.N.N.

This one, if me memory not wLong,
shifted to present day Bodoh Interchange.??