• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SBS Bus Numbers in the 70s and 80s

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's start a thread on bus numbers of yesteryears and their destinations. How many bus numbers still ply the same routes till this very day?
137 used to go to the zoo in Mandai.
151 used to go to Outram Park from Toa Payoh.
140 from Toa Payoh to Orchard Rd to Shenton Way.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
226 and 385 is no longer around, combined with the into the bus 60 route.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's start a thread on bus numbers of yesteryears and their destinations. How many bus numbers still ply the same routes till this very day?
137 used to go to the zoo in Mandai.
151 used to go to Outram Park from Toa Payoh.
140 from Toa Payoh to Orchard Rd to Shenton Way.
140 was the first double-decker bus here that rode from Shenton Way near the Tuah Pek Gong temple to Toa Payoh.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN if can leemember 70s must be very old uncle liao KNN my uncle only can leemember taking 1 feeder bud 248 if not mistaken along commonwealth ave West there to the poly KNN it will go both sp and nap KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jit pa ho starting from ghim moh Rd depot to queensway to Alexandra to serangoon Garden final destination KNN

nin-nao-hiah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bus 70 Jalan Kayu to Geylang
Bus 71 same as above, more or less
Bus 72 Mountbatten Road to Paya Lebar
Bus 73 Serangoon Gardens circle
Bus 103 Jalan Kayu to....
Bus 41 to Bedok Interchange

Yes, Bus 158 ends at Toa Payoh, same as 73

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
111 Ghim Moh to Orchard

51 is like the longest route through Pasir Panjang

198 another very long route

Oh I used to take 2 to Changi via Geylang

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
i want to know if sbs number has any coding or system? for example 1 is for long haul routes ?
I remember before they chased away the residents at kampongs along telok paku and nicoll drive, bus 1 used to ply from Delta Circus to Changi Village, 1A (later numbered 3) too but it took an alternative route. Bus 2 plies from the old Commonwealth Ave terminal (the current Commonwealth Ave road sits on top of the terminal) to Changi Village. Bus 1 and 3 hv since become obsolete although there is a new bus 3 now plying between punggol and tampines. Bus 2 has been shortened to New Bridge Road terminal

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
111 Ghim Moh to Orchard

51 is like the longest route through Pasir Panjang

198 another very long route

Oh I used to take 2 to Changi via Geylang
111 used to ply from the old Commonwealth Ave terminal to 6.5 milestone Upper Serangoon Road via Simon Road, Simon Lane, Florence Road, Florence Lane and then Lim Ah Pin Road.
51 not sure where it starts but used to end at The old Jalan Eunos malay kampongs.
198 was from upper jurong road terminal before it moved to the old Jurong Interchange at Jurong Port Road and Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about the TIBS buses? Anyone recall their numbers? There was a CSS 8 from Katong to Orchard I think.
The first Tibs buses are based inYishun and Woodlands interchanges. Bus 850 from Yishun to Shenton Way and 851, 852 are some of the earliest services. 850 has been abolished after the mrt went to yishun. 851 remains basically intact. 852 used to ply fm yishun to the old jurong interchange. Woodlands buses starts from the old woodlands interchange near the CIQ. My memory fails me here but I think the earliest Tibs buses that operate from here are 900, 901 etc. This is because bus 178, 181(current day 961) and 169 used to belong to Sbs and they operate from this interchange. This defunct interchange has recently been demolished for building the new and expanded CIQ complex.