• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sammyboy Moderators are all multi millionaires!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think this thread is getting to become a sticker thread and will be known as "SBF Millionaire Club"

hi there

1. joe, good one!
2. so far, the besterest joke of today.
3. there shall be many pricks in the sbf millionaire club category, i bet!

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
So if you cash out of Singapore Inc at 45 with a million in the bank and take things easy for 15 years earning enough for day to day expenses, you'll be worth more than $2,000,000 at 60. Since you'll be closer to meeting your maker, you can then start spending your capital and enjoying the luxuries of life. After all, you can't take it with you.

How do I reach 1 million at age 45 in the first place? With a combine income of $8k, no other debts except that pigeon hole, I really don't know how. I do not have rich parents to start me off in my life. Neither do my wife.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
How do I reach 1 million at age 45 in the first place? With a combine income of $8k, no other debts except that pigeon hole, I really don't know how. I do not have rich parents to start me off in my life. Neither do my wife.

I'm afraid I don't have a magic formula for achieving the first million. If I had, I would have sold the formula for 100 million. :biggrin:

However, I have to say that we all have it within ourselves to create an entity that is worth something to someone else. In my case, it was photo editing and web design because I saw these skills as something that could be used to create wealth. Look around you and within you and ask yourself what you can create that others are willing to pay for.

If you can get 600 people to pay you USD19.95 per month each every month for the next 5 years, then that's USD718,200 in the bank.

You can then sell this little enterprise of yours for about USD200,000 and you're almost there in USD terms.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got 1 time, I charge $1k for 2 hours of photo editing to my client, lol

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just valued sammyboy.com. This is the result. It's just a crummy forum but traffic has built up to a point where it is now worth a reasonable amount. That is how you look beyond a basic salary to improve your net worth.
Can give some bonus to laojiaos who contributed? Dun be a miser lah

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
However, I have to say that we all have it within ourselves to create an entity that is worth something to someone else. In my case, it was photo editing and web design because I saw these skills as something that could be used to create wealth. Look around you and within you and ask yourself what you can create that others are willing to pay for.

Thats what I'm starting to do now. My knowledge and skill from my current job allows me to do some sideline (finding my own customers and selling them the items that I sourced myself). However, this is a very active income, not passive at all. I have the interest to do a website that caters to foreign students in Singapore. Sgchinese.net is doing a very successful business for the PRC students and workers here. I do notice that the rest of the S.E.A community is being neglected. There is certainly money to be made. What is the startup cost of a website that is similar to sgchinese.net?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
What is the startup cost of a website that is similar to sgchinese.net?

Since you already have a computer, the start up cost is your first month's web hosting fee of about USD20 to USD30 for a virtual server.

Everything else can be obtained for free.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I reached my goal within 10 years by investing in the US stock market. I was also lucky in buying Apple shares. Without Apple it would have taken a little longer.

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
...you'll be worth more than $2,000,000 at 60. Since you'll be closer to meeting your maker, you can then start spending your capital and enjoying the luxuries of life.
Not if there's HYPERinflation (and I don't mean "strong" inflation, such as what we're experiencing nowadays):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation#Worst_hyperinflations_in_world_history

Let's say the price of a loaf of bread is S$2 (at the moment, the price of a 600g "Budget"-brand loaf of wholemeal bread imported from Malaysia is S$1.60; and even the NTUC Fairprice brand is also under $2, or S$1.65 for 500g, if I remember correctly); you would be able to buy a million loaves of bread.

But if there's TRUE HYPERinflation, the price of that S$2-loaf of bread could DOUBLE every WEEK!!!

after week 1: $2 x 2^1 = $4
after week 2: $2 x 2^2 = $8
after week 3: $2 x 2^3 = $16
after week 4: $2 x 2^4 = $32
after week 5: $2 x 2^5 = $64
after week 6: $2 x 2^6 = $128
after week 7: $2 x 2^7 = $256
after week 8: $2 x 2^8 = $512
after week 9: $2 x 2^9 = $1,024
after week 10: $2 x 2^10 = $2,048
after week 11: $2 x 2^11 = $4,096
after week 12: $2 x 2^12 = $8,192
after week 13: $2 x 2^13 = $16,384
after week 14: $2 x 2^14 = $32,768
after week 15: $2 x 2^15 = $65,536
after week 16: $2 x 2^16 = $131,072
after week 17: $2 x 2^17 = $262,144
after week 18: $2 x 2^18 = $524,288
after week 19: $2 x 2^19 = $1,048,576
after week 20: $2 x 2^20 = $2,097,152

Can you imagine that? In less than 5 months, your S$2 million would only buy you ONE loaf of bread, and then you'll have to prepare to die of starvation!

The more important question is: CAN such hyperinflation happen again, and happen in "first-world" countries?
Here's an answer: http://www.businessinsider.com/how-hyperinflation-will-happen-in-america-2010-9
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-...-rise-in-the-price-of-a-necessary-commodity-1
(Basically, the key thing to watch out for is inflation in COMMODITIES, especially AGRICULTURAL commodities)

And that's one of the main reasons I HATE money!
(even if I were a billionaire!)

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is well-known that LeongSam is a multi-millionaire with multiple passports living the high life in many countries.

Now, another moderator 'JW5' has disclosed that he is worth at least 7 digits, i.e. 10 million dollars! This is a forum where all the moderators are multi-millionaires! :eek:

I concur ! Personally I know 3 dudes from here paid their house approx SGD 1mil in CASH. These dudes are highly educated or chicken lover like me :-)

jw5

Loyal
7 digits is 1,000,000 to 9,999,999 you twit.

JW5 could be worth no more than a measly 1 million dollars.

Hehehehehe. :o
28 years old and still doesn't know the difference between 7 and 8 digits.
He needs to get richer, so that someone can do the maths for him.
Young and english speaking and good in maths.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I reached my goal within 10 years by investing in the US stock market. I was also lucky in buying Apple shares. Without Apple it would have taken a little longer.

I would love to try but is a complete dummy in doing that. Are you willing to teach me the basic?