• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sammyboy Moderators are all multi millionaires!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What encouragement :eek: It is envy:smile: You are out there enjoying life while I have to listen to LKY's hard truths :wink:

he he he one day buddy, you can come join me here for a short break from that evil old man.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it seems the low was $82.33 in January 2009, just 3 years ago.
So those friends of yours who sold at $100+ in 2007 or 2008, could/might have bought back in at below $100 in early 2009...

Haha, even you yourself think your investing strategy is "half baked" and yet you still want to continue with it? :confused:
So now, besides receiving warnings from other people, you are also subconsciously warning yourself! haha

Many sell but they never expected the price to go up and up, each time it went up, they thought it was the ceiling. Even today at $540+ there are people who doubt that the shares will go higher :smile:

Berkshire shares that Buffet administers are the world's most expensive shares. The A shares are going for $118,000 per piece. So $1,000 is do able.

If you have read any of O'Neils books his strategy is to watch the price action & to buy companies that are increasing in price i.e. momentum stocks. This is the strategy that Nicholas Darvas used to make millions in the late 50's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Darvas

It may appear that my strategy is half baked but I watch Apple very, very closely. I also know many Apple employees & ex-employees. It is a first rate company & if any company can become a trillion dollar company it's Apple.

I used to hold IBM shares & just this week it hit $200. However Apple is my best performing stock which I am keeping. It's such a historical & controversial company. :cool:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, it isn't...
The simplest form of investment is a simple fixed deposit.
But the simplest (and safest) form of highly-profitable investment is the purchasing of physical gold and silver bars, and storing them under your bed! :wink:

I should have qualified my statement by saying profitable investment by lay people who can afford it.

In Spore the banks are giving rates of less than 1% :eek:. One is actually losing money in the banks. If you can afford property it is still a good investment. You can live in it, rent it out, or sell it at a future date. The place I'm living in has appreciated 200% in 12 years

With precious metals you have to guard it & you don't get a return until you sell .

Last edited:

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have read any of O'Neils books his strategy is to watch the price action & to buy companies that are increasing in price i.e. momentum stocks.
But if you're not lucky, you might have bought in at the end of the so-called "momentum"! haha

It is a first rate company & if any company can become a trillion dollar company it's Apple.
We'll just have to wait and see...

However Apple is my best performing stock which I am keeping. It's such a historical & controversial company.
cool.gif
Hope you can remain "cool
cool.gif
" with your "sunglasses
cool.gif
" on for many more years! haha
But seriously, you might want to sell at least a quarter or a third of your Apple shares this month...
Losing out on another possible, but not guaranteed, $200 per share for well below half of your current Apple shareholdings is not that big a loss, in my opinion.

Besides, there are also external economic and political factors that could affect ALL U.S. companies...
For example, another terrorist attack?
Or a sharp rise in oil prices, e.g. oil reaching US$200 per barrel within the next couple of years, making everything much more expensive?

...If you can afford property it is still a good investment. You can live in it, rent it out, or sell it at a future date. The place I'm living in has appreciated 200% in 12 years
That's if you can get a buyer when you want to sell.

And just because some properties have appreciated in price does not guarantee ALL properties will appreciate in price, or even just maintain its value.

The U.S. housing market collapse a few years ago can happen again and can happen anywhere in the world, especially if there's HYPERinflation, when FOOD will be "king" and houses will have the LEAST demand (and therefore MUCH lower prices, i.e. at least 90% lower! and I'm not joking, because a $2 million house can easily drop to only S$200,000 in a HYPERinflationary country, where nobody will bother to even consider buying houses for whatever reason), simply because EVERYBODY will be worried about food and wouldn't mind continuing to live in their present homes rather than buy new and nicer houses to live in, let alone invest in properties.

With precious metals you have to guard it & you don't get a return until you sell .
Shouldn't one's own home be safe enough?
If it's not, investment banks/brokerages might also not be safe enough because they can fail; properties you buy for investment might also not be safe enough because they can get damaged because of some reason.

As for precious metals, I'm not recommending anyone to sell at all!
I'm advising such an investment to guard against HYPERinflation, when precious metals can be DIRECTLY USED to BUY things, especially food.
In other words, precious metals would function as CURRENCY, so that there would be no need to sell them to get cash in order to use cash to buy things.
And even if there's no hyperinflation, there would still be very strong inflation, so if anyone needs cash from their precious metal holdings, they can easily sell some of their precious metals to get cash, and it would even very likely be at a substantial profit!

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Besides, there are also external economic and political factors that could affect ALL U.S. companies...
For example, another terrorist attack?
Or a sharp rise in oil prices, e.g. oil reaching US$200 per barrel within the next couple of years, making everything much more expensive?

That's if you can get a buyer when you want to sell.

And just because some properties have appreciated in price does not guarantee ALL properties will appreciate in price, or even just maintain its value.

The U.S. housing market collapse a few years ago can happen again and can happen anywhere in the world, especially if there's HYPERinflation, when FOOD will be "king" and houses will have the LEAST demand (and therefore MUCH lower prices, i.e. at least 90% lower! and I'm not joking, because a $2 million house can easily drop to only S$200,000 in a HYPERinflationary country, where nobody will bother to even consider buying houses for whatever reason), simply because EVERYBODY will be worried about food and wouldn't mind continuing to live in their present homes rather than buy new and nicer houses to live in, let alone invest in properties.

Shouldn't one's own home be safe enough?
If it's not, investment banks/brokerages might also not be safe enough because they can fail; properties you buy for investment might also not be safe enough because they can get damaged because of some reason.

After so many years I think the worst of the recession is over. Many people have adapted to the situation : tighten their belts, spend less, lowered their expectations, etc. There will always be world issues out there even if there isn't a global recession there will always be an Iran, North Korean, etc.

Spore has always had a high rate of inflation caused by the PAP's policy of asset enhancement:rolleyes: They will try to keep the situation under control. If they fail they will be kicked out because for many Sporeans have invested in property. It's really no big loss as the PAP needs Spore more than the citizens need the PAP.

You can always buy both, why have everything in one basket:confused: Although I'm not into properties I can understand the rational of investing in properties. Even if you can't sell you it you can stay in it or rent it out. You can of course chose to hold precious metals but unlike property there is no potential for a recurring income stream like rent. Even if you get stuck buying at the top, things will eventually improve. I have thought about acquiring properties as an investment but I don't want to be tied down to Spore. Floods, crowds, stressed infrastructure, new water, inflation, changes just for $$, ......so many issues to living in Spore.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If someone wants to buy metals which broker are you using. Do you actually buy the metal or do you buy the companies that produce the metals. Are you leveraged e.g. using options.

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
After so many years I think the worst of the recession is over.
But that's just "recession".
What about DEPRESSION?
And the worst of all, HYPERinflation!
That hasn't happened yet...
And just to remind you and everyone else again, I've not been warning about "recession" at all so far.
I've been warning about HYPERinflation only, which is a HUGE difference from recession.

You can always buy both, why have everything in one basket:confused:
That philosophy does not apply to an investment that guards against HYPERinflation.
To guard against HYPERinflation, there is only ONE kind of investment, i.e. precious metals (gold and/or silver, and maybe platinum).

...or rent it out.
That's IF you can get a tenant.

...no potential for a recurring income stream like rent.
There's no need for a recurring income stream when it comes to precious metals.
For example, anyone who invested in gold in 2002, ten years ago, would now have an unrealized profit of 500%, which can be easily realized now if cash is needed.

The ONLY factor that's causing gold and silver to be so bullish is INFLATION in the supply of US Dollars, especially during the past decade!
All the "smart money" understood this, which is why they started buying gold over ten years ago AND continued buying even until now!

Even if you get stuck buying at the top, things will eventually improve.
That does not make sense at all.
In fact, it's a contradiction!
If things were to "improve", that so-called "top" would not be the top, but a high that's below the NEW top in the FUTURE.

But I think you probably mean that buying at the SHORT-TERM top is okay because some time later in the future, after the market goes down for a while, it will rebound to NEW highs, right?
In other words, you're saying that the property market will remain bullish FOREVER, which is a big gamble because there's no guarantee.

I have thought about acquiring properties as an investment...
My advice is to STOP thinking about that! haha
It's not a good investment, and I dare say that it SHOULDN'T be an investment at all.
Simply because buying properties should be an EXPENSE for LIVING in, WITHOUT any intention of selling for a profit in the future.

but I don't want to be tied down to Spore.
If you've already settled down overseas, I think it's best not to return to Singapore...
I mean, why make your life more complicated?

If someone wants to buy metals which broker are you using. Do you actually buy the metal
Yes, that's what I've been saying, i.e. buying the physical metal (e.g. gold bars) itself and storing it under your bed!
I know it might sound a bit funny, and maybe childish, but I'm really not joking! :smile:

If you're really living in, or near, "Disneyland" in California, I'd recommend this broker: http://www.europacmetals.com/
which is owned by the famous Peter Schiff; or maybe he's not famous enough for you, but he's certainly famous enough in the USA, in my opinion...

or do you buy the companies that produce the metals.
That's another way to invest in precious metals, but I wouldn't recommend it, unless you're already a multi-millionaire with lots of cash to spare to buy shares of mining companies! haha

Are you leveraged e.g. using options.
NEVER use leverage for anything, unless you can afford to, and are mentally prepared to, lose ALL your capital for that particular investment!

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apple shares has hit $600 today & the iPad 3 hasn't even even started selling in large numbers, yet:smile:

Many analysts are predicting $700 plus by the end of this year:eek:

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apple shares has hit $600 today & the iPad 3 hasn't even even started selling in large numbers, yet:smile:
Wow! :eek:
Around 50% gain in only 3 months?!
It's looking like a "blow-off top" to me:

Sell When a Blow-Off Top Occurs
http://whentosellastock.com/selling/blowoff.htm
(this article includes the famous example of Qualcomm in late 1999 to 2000, i.e. from $200+ per share to $800 in only 2 months!? And then it fell 75% by July 2000, and down to only $13 by mid-2002!!)

Many analysts are predicting $700 plus by the end of this year:eek:
I can also predict $1,000 by end of next year! haha

But seriously, just sell at least a third or a quarter of your shares by the end of this month or even today!

For whatever reason, things could go very wrong later in the year, and you might regret to the point of being heartbroken...

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I don't think so.. I have frz here in Sammyboy who has at least net 1 million hard cash.

I made my 1 million @ 38 by converting a property (into a "legal brothel" and vacant land) thru "Change of Use" & "Subdivision" process. Fully compliance to the legislative requirement for a full brothel :-) Now I am subletting the premises to a full-time operator. I have owed the bank >AUD1mil during the interim but the net worth is of course more than the debt :-)

You will be surprised some forummers fully retired @ 45y.o.

There're no millionnaires in this forum, unless he's a millionnaire certified insane. Sane millionnaires have many more better things to do.

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
arse168,

better bullshit your stuff at the emigration folder. those idiots over there are more likely to believe your crap. btw, u still conning new migrants at oussieland? u still staring at the ceiling fan?

KNN... You got nothing else to do is it? (as idle as me) Always stalking me ! I told you before, I don't supply chickens but my operator did !

Dude, btw.. I hardly mix with sinkies.. China, HK, Thai & Aussies maybe..

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont get jealous with me.. ride alongside with me and enjoy the lifestyle :-)

Err.. if you want chickens, I am sorry you have to pay for a full service. There's no such things as FOC.

Prostitution may be illegal, but... what happens inside the cubicle is between you and the chicks.

Happy ending !

CCB to u :oIo:

i consider it as national service. i need to warn newbies about assholes and fraudsters like you, neddy and ash007. :oIo: