• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sammyboy Moderators are all multi millionaires!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whahahahah ...he don't even know how many zero in a million :wink:

it is strange in this forum, sometime you talk to them, you wonder , who are these people? they lack even basic common sense. do they even have a job?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are many Sporeans who have accumulated $1 million or more over their lifetime. However this is Spore & it doesn't go far because of the high cost of living in Spore...................................

With a million I'm certain you can find something better:smile:

if the million is tied up in a real estate property with zero to little cash flow, sinkies might as well live on instant noodles, go to bedok reservoir or jump on mrt tracks. if the home is paid up, you have no car and have a million in cash, retirement in sg will be comfortable with room for multiple vacations outside of sg per year. sg is an exceptionally affordable and convenient place for retirees if you meet these criteria. definitely do-able in the 1m asset and 1m cash range. therefore, count your blessings.

not here in the sf bay area. to retire well and comfortable, you'll need at least 3m usd in investments and 2m usd in cash. the roi is a whopping 3% if you're lucky and 2% if you're satisfied with interest earnings as a fixed income. any major medical emergencies or treatment will deplete your cash and eat into your investments. at least in sg, you are never faced with a usd 5m bill for heart bypass surgery. :p

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
it is strange in this forum, sometime you talk to them, you wonder , who are these people? they lack even basic common sense. do they even have a job?

Maybe most of the ppl here are just smart in studies ... When comes to street smart they are worst then ah beng

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Leongsam can't be a multi-millionaire. Multi-millionaires have great compassion towards the poor and needy and they are worthy of many benevolent acts.

No they don't you twit. Don't be fooled by the PR stunts multimillionaires pull in order to appear generous.

Bono of U2 was exposed for the charlatan that he is when the band moved their assets to a tax haven to avoid tax law changes in Ireland. This is a guy who goes around making headlines by taking governments to task for not doing enough to eliminate poverty. His actions tell a different story.

You're obviously a very gullible person. You're getting conned by both ends of the scale. The "poor" rip you off by getting you to do the dirty work of "fighting for their plight" while the rich have pulled the wool over your eyes.

belfasttelegraph.co.uk

U2 frontman Bono's tax avoidance 'depriving poor'

Wednesday, 25 February 2009

U2 front man Bono came under fire today from campaigners who claim he his not putting his money where his mouth is.

The human rights activist was accused of robbing the world's poorest people by storing some of his wealth in a tax haven. Bono impersonator Paul O'Toole joined protesters outside the Irish Department of Finance on the eve of the launch of the band's new album No Line On The Horizon in the Irish Republic.

Campaign group the Debt and Development Coalition Ireland (DDCI) claimed the supergroup was depriving the Irish exchequer of much-needed revenue which could be spent on overseas aid.

It claimed that despite Bono's fight to help the world's poor, he had joined a list of individuals and corporations who have denied impoverished governments millions through tax avoidance or evasion.

DDCI's Nessa Ni Chasaide called on Bono to give his view on the impact of tax injustice on the impoverished world.
"We wanted to raise our concern that while Bono has championed the cause of fighting poverty and injustice in the impoverished world, the fact is that his band has moved part of its business to a tax shelter in the Netherlands," she said.
"Tax avoidance and tax evasion costs the impoverished world at least 160 million US dollars every year. This is money urgently required to bring people out of poverty.

"U2 is just one part of the problem. This is a much wider and systemic problem in our global financial system. Every company and individual has the responsibility to pay the right amount of tax."

The rock band moved the company U2 Ltd, set up to deal with royalty payments, to a finance house in Holland in 2006 after the Irish Government scrapped an artist income tax exemption scheme. The new limit was capped at 250,000 euro (£223,000).

Accounts for 2007 show U2 Ltd paid out more than 21 million euro (£19m) in wages.

Mr O'Toole also launched a mock version of one of U2's greatest hits, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, taunting the band for the move overseas.

Oxfam and Concern Worldwide are among 70 organisations involved in the coalition, which met Irish Finance Minister Brian Lenihan before protesters gathered.

"We have tax treaties with other countries that regulate where you pay tax," said Mr Lenihan. "There is a problem with smaller countries that have to set up deliberate tax havens. We are raising that at EU level." Andy Storey from justice group Afri said tax was a fundamental question of global justice.

"Lost taxes in impoverished countries far outweigh what they receive from rich countries in aid," he added. "There are trillions of dollars stashed in tax havens. If that money was taxed in the countries where it was earned, governments would have their own resources to improve the lives of their people."

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Go Zimbabwe if you want be billionaire....trillionaire also possible

Me a multi-trillionaire... wahhahaha....

Zimbabwe-Dollar_100_Trillion_-_2009.jpg

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leongsam can't be a multi-millionaire. Multi-millionaires have great compassion towards the poor and needy and they are worthy of many benevolent acts. Best known examples are Warren Buffet and Bill Gates. They are socially responsible and seek to play a part in contibuting back to the community with what they have earned to help alleviate the problems that the poor, sick and least face.

Leongsam not only does not exhibit any of such attributes of multi-millionaires but are haughty and evil towards the poor and needy, mocking them relentlessly. So much as Leongsam tries to create an impression that he is a multi-millionaire, he's just a loser who had to quit S'pore.

Why bother to put up such long summary on Ah Sam.

He's just a pimp who decided move his activities on-line and lurk deeper into the shadows!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
warren buffet and bill gates are not multi millionaires, but multi billionaires, you twit. when you become a multi billionaire, dishing out millions to the underprivileged for tax deduction purposes is no hallmark of a true benevolent philanthropist. they are simply driven by too much tax exposure and prefer to channel gains that would have gone to the irs to some so called tax-exempt charity funds instead. if the irs and the tax code do not impose such a heavy tax burden on the very wealthy today or if the tax law exempts them from paying their share, billionaires would park all their gains in their family coffers and trusts and not give a single cent to charity.

in terms of job creation on a per capita basis, it's the multi millionaires who contribute the most. this is the same group who contributes the largest amount to the tax base. enterprise and job creations are the best and most effective philanthropic activity on this planet. every dollar spent is hundreds of times more productive than a single dollar given away freely to some loser asking for a free handout.

hi there

1. bro, wise words man!
2. yes, the rich donate for some personal agenda: taxation.
3. only daft sheep think that such specimen will part with monies.
4. sammy could not be some millionaire or what.
5. no mention from him of his charity works!

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
go to bedok reservoir or jump on mrt tracks :p

hard to jump mrt now, lky cronies up the barrier everywhere

Bedok lake still open though, want to jump have to act fast before they decide to put up barrier, not for fear that you will jump _ for fear that you will steal the water

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if the home is paid up, you have no car and have a million in cash, retirement in sg will be comfortable with room for multiple vacations outside of sg per year. sg is an exceptionally affordable and convenient place for retirees if you meet these criteria. definitely do-able in the 1m asset and 1m cash range. therefore, count your blessings.

not here in the sf bay area. to retire well and comfortable, you'll need at least 3m usd in investments and 2m usd in cash. the roi is a whopping 3% if you're lucky and 2% if you're satisfied with interest earnings as a fixed income. any major medical emergencies or treatment will deplete your cash and eat into your investments. at least in sg, you are never faced with a usd 5m bill for heart bypass surgery. :p

Looking at what Spore has become I don't think that even the local born rich are happy with the congestion, noise, pollution, problems,...... :(

Having $$ gives you more options & the wealthier you are the more options you have:wink:

Living in the bay area has never been cheap. However it's a good place if you are ambitious. It's one of the few places where you can become a billionaire honestly:smile: People like LKY would have a problem making ends meet there:p

As an american you have the option of moving to some place cheaper or even to Spore & be treated as a god.:eek:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Looking at what Spore has become I don't think that even the local born rich are happy with the congestion, noise, pollution, problems,...... :(

Living and working in Singapore is like working for Google or Apple. Asset enhancement and a strong currency ensures that a large number of Singaporeans can cash out and retire.

Had I not emigrated, I'd be a pauper today. However, because I cashed out, I was able to realise the value of my assets (home + business) which I then placed in a low to medium risk portfolio.

This portfolio has yielded between 3% to 12% (after taxes) over the years. However, because I don't need to spend that much, I've managed to reinvest a good portion of the returns which has resulted in the doubling of my net worth over the past 12 years. That is the power of compound interest.

You can see wonders of compound interest at http://www.moneychimp.com/calculator/compound_interest_calculator.htm

Suppose you cash out of the little red dot by selling all your overpriced assets and end up with 1.8 million in hand.

You can then move to a place like NZ and purchase a modest home or a nice downtown apartment for around $300,000. That leaves you with 1.5 million to invest.

Assuming you can get 5% after taxes [which is what I've averaged over the years], this sum will give you an income of $75,000 a year which is big money by NZ standards where a good used car is only $5,000 and road taxes are less than $300 per year... no ERP and no COE.

If you can reinvest $25,000 a year [more if you get a job] and add that to your portfolio, then in 12 year's time, you'll be worth about $2.4 million without doing a stroke of work. Try working out various scenarios on the calculator. It's amazing how much more money you can make once you have a million or so in cash.:p

If you make periodic withdrawals and don't add to your portfolio, you can work things out at http://www.dinkytown.net/java/DistribSavings.html

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I think this thread is getting to become a sticker thread and will be known as "SBF Millionaire Club"

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle Sam you should sticky this thread!

Good insights from few bros here on getting rich and then getting even richer!

This should reduce those whining/compraining threads you so abhor. :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Had I not emigrated, I'd be a pauper today. However, because I cashed out, I was able to realise the value of my assets (home + business) which I then placed in a low to medium risk portfolio.

Unfortunately I have parents who think Spore as their home & not a hotel:eek:
Must be senility setting in:smile:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
This should reduce those whining/compraining threads you so abhor. :smile:

What I don't like about my own forum is that there is too much negativity.

It would be great if there was a better balance.

I'm dead serious in saying that many Singaporeans who spend their time here whining about the PAP can retire as millionaires if they set their minds to achieving this goal.

Once the first million is achieved, the 2nd million comes easily. In fact, if you invest $1,000,000 at 5% after taxes and don't make any withdrawals [which is possible if husband and wife both work in low stress, part time jobs], you'll be worth $2,000,000 million in 14 years. Inflation will have eaten away a portion of your savings but it's still a tidy sum.

So if you cash out of Singapore Inc at 45 with a million in the bank and take things easy for 15 years earning enough for day to day expenses, you'll be worth more than $2,000,000 at 60. Since you'll be closer to meeting your maker, you can then start spending your capital and enjoying the luxuries of life. After all, you can't take it with you.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Since you'll be closer to meeting your maker, you can then start spending your capital and enjoying the luxuries of life. After all, you can't take it with you.
so, r u squandering away all ur moni now? ... :rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Unfortunately I have parents who think Spore as their home & not a hotel:eek:
Must be senility setting in:smile:

You have to live your own life. If your forefathers had not left their parents in China to seek out a better life elsewhere, you might be feeding chickens now instead of surfing sammyboy.com

All parents kick up a fuss when their offspring spread their wings. Just do what you need to do and things will always work out.

You don't have to go all the way to Ang Moh land. Thailand is a great option and a million smackos will get you even further there. You can add a maid, a gardener and a driver to the mix.