• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Quan Yifeng and cab driver: Who is right?

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest on the grapevine is that the police are going to charge her under Chapter 341 Section 2(b), S$2,000 fine and/or 3 years imprisonment max. She's excused from Chapter 68 Section 231 (3 strokes min to 8 strokes max) because she's female; only males can be caned.

If what krafty and Ramseth mentioned are true, then I propose the MAX penalty, simply because QYF is not a first time offender. As usual she will use her lawyer to intercede for out of court settlement with tear-jerking stories of how stressed she was lately as she had to juggle the heavy workload of being sole breadwinner and to take care of the daughter all by herself, etc... And also how devastated she was after her husband walked out of her life. She will further give excuse that her daughter needs her and she cannot go to jail. Darn! She was convicted before with a fine of $1000 and that did nothing to wake her up. Not only will a $2000 fine seem useless, it erodes the public confidence in the ability of our justice system here to uphold law and order. The only way to make her learn is to throw her into jail. There should not be double standard, if not, it will be a big injustice to those who were thrown into jail before her for similar offense. :cool:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Singapore Court is a big joke everyone should be made aware of .

It will be swept under the carpet yet again .

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
phpFDCEVh.jpg

Ruling and opposition lawmakers brawl as discussions start
on the Economic Cooperation Framework Agreement (ECFA).

<--- http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific/view/1068277/1/.html

Screwball

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Singapore Court is a big joke everyone should be made aware of .

It will be swept under the carpet yet again .

Just now on the way back from work, the taxi uncle is telling me no more case now as cabby chan has withdrawing his charges against quan yifeng. :confused:

Taxi uncle telling me settlement payment is 6 figure amount and cabby chan no need to driving taxi anymore. Going to taking the money and resigning from comfort :wink:

This is sinkapore.... got money can be above the law. :mad:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sure or not? like that also can.

Just now on the way back from work, the taxi uncle is telling me no more case now as cabby chan has withdrawing his charges against quan yifeng. :confused:

Taxi uncle telling me settlement payment is 6 figure amount and cabby chan no need to driving taxi anymore. Going to taking the money and resigning from comfort :wink:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cannot be right ?

This is not only between QYF and taxi-driver liow. ComfortDelgo's compensation for the damaged taxi who pay?

If truth, if someone kena wacked to death, the accused just pay $ to settle case privately can ?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cannot be right ?

This is not only between QYF and taxi-driver liow. ComfortDelgo's compensation for the damaged taxi who pay?

If truth, if someone kena wacked to death, the accused just pay $ to settle case privately can ?

Possible, if QYF pays both driver and company compensation acceptable enough for them to drop the case. In fact, that's a more equitable settlement than pursuing a police case. The victims get paid the costs and the aggressor pays the price. In a police case, the government receive the fine and the victims get so-called justice. For compensation, the victims have to hire lawyers and file civil suit all over. What do you prefer?

Murder, capital offences and offences directly against the state can't be settled out of court.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If QYF willing to pay thr Taxi diver Uncle Chan 6 figure and ComfortDelgo another $30k for the damage. Plus lawyer fee I estimate will be more than $60k for both side.
That will be more than $200k price tag to settle out of court room.
I already know that must be the Bitch QYF wrong when I read the news. No taxi driver will tear down their own taxi because is their rice bowl.
I can't imagine anyone can have time and act to damage taxi like that, must be mentally damage.
Now her children will have lots of stress in school. All will laugh and talk about her IDIOT mother. The bitch ask her daughter telling lie about the taxi uncle Chan her. That another stress for telling lie.
No taxi Uncle will do that because not the little girl fault.
The police should sue the bitch for false police statement and wasting their time.
What will Police next step? Sue the bitch?

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot be right ?

One Country Two Systems !! :mad:

IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE !!!

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are talking from the perspective of a passenger,wait till you drive a cab,then you know...:rolleyes:

When you face bad passengers you'd know how to appreciate the good ones.

And then, you should be a passenger too, and face some horrible drivers.:p

With a balanced experience from these two positions you'd know how to be a good driver.:p

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regarding the renegade province bitch and the driver,

If the driver is one of those assfuck kinds that you all talk about, then he truly deserves it although the bitch should be punished by the law also for her old werewolf girl violence. It must be a full moon that night, and she didn't get her mooncake. :p:rolleyes: Quite strong for her deprived age I see. :rolleyes:

If the driver is a good type then it is his bad luck to meet such a uncivilised passenger with poor upbringing.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sure such things happen to ass drivers too, albeit on a much smaller scale. And it does. Just a belief.

This is the kind of news we'd love to hear about.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I may be biased here but with too many instances of near misses with cabbies, I sincerely do not have any sympathy for them. Though this is a blanket statement but the sheer numbers of black sheep or taxi rogues on the streets, even good ones will be sublimed.

Can understand the among of stress and occupational hazards these taxi drivers had to bear each day. But if they are not prepared for it, maybe the easier way out is for these black sheep to collect tin cans for sale rather than to taint the taxi drivers profession.

Whether QYF is right or wrong, to me, being biased, to *#$&$@& with taxi drivers even if the justice system ruled unfavorably towards the alleged taxi driver, my apology would be, "get your house in order first before demanding others treat you as equal"

Y

Yip Hon

>
>

Actually, I may be biased here but with too many instances of near misses with cabbies, I sincerely do not have any sympathy for them. Though this is a blanket statement but the sheer numbers of black sheep or taxi rogues on the streets, even good ones will be sublimed.

Can understand the among of stress and occupational hazards these taxi drivers had to bear each day. But if they are not prepared for it, maybe the easier way out is for these black sheep to collect tin cans for sale rather than to taint the taxi drivers profession.

Whether QYF is right or wrong, to me, being biased, to *#$&$@& with taxi drivers even if the justice system ruled unfavorably towards the alleged taxi driver, my apology would be, "get your house in order first before demanding others treat you as equal"

>
>
>

Dear Subok ,

Sorry , but i feel a need to

say a few things any taxi drivers ...

a ) you need to "kay poh" more to understand
more about cabbies ...

b) Some of them , maybe , your father / mother and
relatives have once upon a time worked for them.
U see some cabbies do have glorious past ...
some have tasted the good lives , D10 address
, with drivers , what have U etc...
they have fallen on hard times and or fallen from grace ...

c) Some are from the "other" world , the notorious ones ...

Putting the number in order Cabby are actually
the most misunderstood because the cab companies
no do enought PR for them . Only want to collect
taxi rental , advertisement fees and earn the Diesel ...

1 ) How many number of Cabbies do we have ?

2 ) How many Property Agents do we have ?

3 ) How many insurance agent / Financial advisor do
we have ?

4 ) Renovation Contractors do we have ?

5 ) Muiti level agent do we have ?

Next compare the number of complaints in each
category ... do a percent of it then you will know
cabbies are doing a very good job ...

Imagine if tomrow you wake up and half the

cabbies in singapore go on strike ....

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apologies, I will still pull no punches. My friend's father used to be a cabby. One that RELIGIOUSLY keep to 80km/h MAX on the road despite being horned at.

By his sheer handwork, he send my friend and daughter to university. Now he is retired.

BUT, I can tell you the new generation of cabbies majority (though may be sweeping here) are really incorrigible! Speeding, cutting lanes and once u signal your intention to switch into their lane, they will speed up, and expect you to give ways to them no matter what, they have the kind of "bang me if you dare" kinda deserve to be F** attitude.

And please DO go geyland, look at the number of LANTERNS moving around NOT waiting for client/passengers but PRC pros!

They have no respect for their profession so why demand others to take them seriously? I ever sat in a taxi where the cabby bravely demonstrated how he can switch lanes in whichever ways he wanted despite inching very closed to other cars behind/in front. he was trying to impressed me, and SURE was I impressed.

Please show me CONCRETE proof that the total number of complaints on cabbies vis-a-vis other profession to substantial your claim that you seem to suggest cabbies got the lowest rate of complaints. BTW, insurance agent need to study and soon housing agent and please do not you dare to say about the taxi provisional test cause it pales in comparison, please do not even try.

"Imagine if tml you wake up ......etc etc etc"

I am doing that EVERYDAY! but "*damned! still sees them lurking at every corners. I drive a car but taxi drivers are one up better than me, cause they do not just DRIVE a car, they DRIVE people up the WALL !!!

To taxi drivers, there is no such thing as RIGHT of WAY except THEIR 'right of way'.

Apologies if my disdain for taxi drivers is immense, but if you are in my driver's seat, with all sincerity and earnestly, "God, remove these rogues from the road and return to us, the normalcy, tranquility and decency of pleasantries in driving"

If QYF is a devil, well taxi drivers are DEFINITELY 99.9999% no angels either! (0.1% = retired GOLD CAP Taxi Drivers)

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably the most bizarre argument so far. Everyone is a mother, father etc and not just cabbies. You also compared cabbies to property, insurance, MLM agents, etc . Anyone compared to these idiots will look like mother theresa. If cabbies go on strike is another bizarre arguments. What happens if bus drivers, MRT drivers goes on strike. Cabbies are not classified as essential services. Interestingly banking staff are considered essential staff.

>
Dear Subok ,

b) Some of them , maybe , your father / mother and
relatives have once upon a time worked for them.
U see some cabbies do have glorious past ...
some have tasted the good lives , D10 address
, with drivers , what have U etc...
they have fallen on hard times and or fallen from grace ...

c) Some are from the "other" world , the notorious ones ...

Putting the number in order Cabby are actually
the most misunderstood because the cab companies
no do enought PR for them . Only want to collect
taxi rental , advertisement fees and earn the Diesel ...

1 ) How many number of Cabbies do we have ?

2 ) How many Property Agents do we have ?

3 ) How many insurance agent / Financial advisor do
we have ?

4 ) Renovation Contractors do we have ?

5 ) Muiti level agent do we have ?

Next compare the number of complaints in each
category ... do a percent of it then you will know
cabbies are doing a very good job ...

Imagine if tomrow you wake up and half the

cabbies in singapore go on strike ....

Y

Yip Hon

>
>
>

Apologies, I will still pull no punches. My friend's father used to be a cabby. One that RELIGIOUSLY keep to 80km/h MAX on the road despite being horned at.

By his sheer handwork, he send my friend and daughter to university. Now he is retired.

BUT, I can tell you the new generation of cabbies majority (though may be sweeping here) are really incorrigible! Speeding, cutting lanes and once u signal your intention to switch into their lane, they will speed up, and expect you to give ways to them no matter what, they have the kind of "bang me if you dare" kinda deserve to be F** attitude.

And please DO go geyland, look at the number of LANTERNS moving around NOT waiting for client/passengers but PRC pros!

They have no respect for their profession so why demand others to take them seriously? I ever sat in a taxi where the cabby bravely demonstrated how he can switch lanes in whichever ways he wanted despite inching very closed to other cars behind/in front. he was trying to impressed me, and SURE was I impressed.

Please show me CONCRETE proof that the total number of complaints on cabbies vis-a-vis other profession to substantial your claim that you seem to suggest cabbies got the lowest rate of complaints. BTW, insurance agent need to study and soon housing agent and please do not you dare to say about the taxi provisional test cause it pales in comparison, please do not even try.

"Imagine if tml you wake up ......etc etc etc"

I am doing that EVERYDAY! but "*damned! still sees them lurking at every corners. I drive a car but taxi drivers are one up better than me, cause they do not just DRIVE a car, they DRIVE people up the WALL !!!

To taxi drivers, there is no such thing as RIGHT of WAY except THEIR 'right of way'.

Apologies if my disdain for taxi drivers is immense, but if you are in my driver's seat, with all sincerity and earnestly, "God, remove these rogues from the road and return to us, the normalcy, tranquility and decency of pleasantries in driving"

If QYF is a devil, well taxi drivers are DEFINITELY 99.9999% no angels either! (0.1% = retired GOLD CAP Taxi Drivers)

>
>

Where you visit play a part what type of experince you

get . the same logic is : try driving in China or Jakarta ??

See what you get ? i am sure when you at JB other private

cars also cut into your lane , right ??

OKAY here are the satitistics but i dont know how

to paste it here on the forum but i try ...

http://www.case.org.sg/statistics.html

Statistics

CASE STATISTICS RELEASED FOR THE YEAR 2009
The Association had received a total of 21782 complaints for the year 2009. Out of 21782 complaints, CASE has taken up 1597 cases in the year 2009. In comparison to 2008, there were more assisted cases and fewer filed cases. This goes to show that consumers are more empowered and savvy in taking up their disputes with retailers after receiving a written opinion from CASE.

Filed Cases

2150-

2100-
2050-
2000-
1950-
1900-
1850-
1800-
1750-
1700-
1650-
1600-
1550-
1500-

2008 2009

Assisted Cases

2200-

2150-
2100-
2050-
2000-
1950-
1900-
1850-
1800-
1750-
1700-
1650-
1600-
1550-
1500-
1450-
1400-

2008 2009

TOP 10 CATEGORIES
The chart below shows the Top 10 categories

The top 3 common disputes received by CASE, in relation to the provision of services or product by the supplier, are as presented in Table 1 below:

Table 1: Top 3 common disputes received by CASE DISPUTE 2009

Timeshare 2523

Beauty 2060

Educational 1843

CASE MEDIATION

Since the inception of our mediation centre in 1999 and as part of its process, CASE has arranged for mediation between disputed parties. Table 4 reflects the number of cases that was mediated in 2008 and 2009.

Mediated Cases

250-

150-
50-

2008 2009

There were 111 cases resolved in the year 2009. This accounts to a 68.5% resolve rate.

CONSUMER PROTECTION (FAIR TRADING) ACT 2003 ("THE ACT")
This Act provides the legislative framework to allow consumers aggrieved by unfair practices to have recourse to civil remedies before the courts. It also provides for a cooling-off period for direct sales and timeshare contracts, and allows specified bodies to enter voluntary compliance agreements with, or apply for injunction orders against errant traders - Ministry of Trade and Industry, Singapore.

On doing a year to year comparison, the number reported breaches of the Act by consumer are as presented in Table 2 below:

Table 2: Disputes received under the Act Year
Disputes received under the Act

The Top 3 industries, whose business practices or products are reportedly suppose to have breached the Act, are presented in Table 3:

Table 3: Top 3 industries that have been breaching the Act in 2009 RANKING INDUSTRY

1 Timeshare
2 Beauty
3 Educational

VOLUNTARY COMPLIANCE AGREEMENT ("VCA") / INJUNCTION
Voluntary Compliance Agreement is a voluntary document signed by a business whereby the business admits to committing unfair practices under the Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act and promised not to commit further unfair practices. Should the business commits further unfair practices, CASE may take out an injunction/declaration proceedings against the business. Injunction proceeding is to stop the business from further carrying out the unfair business practices.

Table 5 below presents the number of VCAs that have been voluntarily signed by businesses since 1 March 2004 to 31 December 2009. Table 9 presents the injunction/declaration proceedings that have been taken against the businesses in the same period.

Table 5: VCAs that have been voluntarily signed by businesses (1 March 2004 - 31 December 2009) Total

VCAs entered into 8

Letter of Undertaking 5

Table 6: Injunction/Declaration Proceedings that have been taken out against businesses
(1 March 2004 - 31 December 2009)
Total

Injunction/Declaration Proceedings 3