• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAPsmearer's analysis of latest Li Shengwu vs Li Hongyi FB exchanges

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
now i remember. recipient is informed of award a year before in order to have time to apply for university overseas. as most top universities in u.s. start in fall for freshman classes and acceptance is usually more than 6.9 months before orientation, award recipients must apply a year prior. and then ceremony usually happens in july before the scholar packs hisher bags and scoots to school by fall. depending on each scholar’s stint in ns, which ocs batch in the year, and where they plan to study, some may still be in ocs while some may already be done with ocs for some months before getting on the flight out.

That is pretty much it, don't know why you cut and paste all that useless shit info about getting the award while in NS. Some of them are already enrolled in their overseas uni and come back for the ceremony. But the main point is non of them will ever complete NS.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is pretty much it, don't know why you cut and paste all that useless shit info about getting the award while in NS. Some of them are already enrolled in their overseas uni and come back for the ceremony. But the main point is non of them will ever complete NS.
ns is extended a number of years depending on the bond. minimum is 6 years counting the time that is served before scholarship award. they can be in any assignment within mindeaf including civilian roles, and after the minimum number of years they fulfill their ns obligations but not necessarily their bonds as bonds can be over 6.9 years, typically 8.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
ns is extended a number of years depending on the bond. minimum is 6 years counting the time that is served before scholarship award. they can be in any assignment within mindeaf including civilian roles, and after the minimum number of years they fulfill their ns obligations but not necessarily their bonds as bonds can be over 6.9 years, typically 8.

You really need to stop spouting your shit knowledge about SAF scholarships. I have already corrected you once in this thread, and now I have to do it again. Stop spreading misinformation, its making you look like an asshole.

1) NS is never extended, regardless of the number of years of the bond. Once they disrupt from their NS to carry out their schooling under the scholarship, they never have to return to serve NS. When they set foot in Singapore again, after getting their undergraduate degree, they are already full fledged LTA, and regular sign on officers.
2) While they are in uni under the Scholarship, they are already promoted to 2Lt and then LTA, and get paid like regular SAF officers of the same rank. They do not get paid the NS allowance for NSmen 2Lt and LTA rank. Coupled with the money the get for schooling and board and lodging and flight home, you cannot even remotely say this is NS level compensation.
3) Once they return to singapore after graduating, they are posted out to their units as scholar officers. The rank of LTA and later Capt follows them. At no time do they suffer the pay, pain and sweat and tears of an NSmen. They are untouchables because no unit commander wants to piss off an SAF scholar for fear that the fucker will outrank him one day if he turns into a high flyer. I have seen SAF scholars disrupt midway thru School of Armour, and come back full fledge LTA regular from an Aussie Uni. They are fucked up out in the field because they never spend time with the armour regiments as a platoon commander, and have no idea what they are doing. I have so many complains from senior officers in the SIRs about these people being clueless.
4) Once they come back, the bond starts for the next 6 years. During this time, they are getting the full pay of a SAF regular. By the time the 6th year rolls along, they will get a Major rank if they are any decent. If not, then Capt rank. The promising ones are encouraged to stay in the SAF and sign another contract. Their career path is shown to them, which means to say they will attain Lt Col or full bird Col rank by the end of the second contract. By the end of the 3rd contract, they would have already been identified for political office or stat board position and these are the fuckers who will be General rank. Kee Chiu followed this path.
5) Hence all SAF scholars have never completed their 2-2.5 years of NS like other males. After their disruption, at no time do they receive NS pay or come back to complete their 2 years as NSmen. So, stop your bullshitting.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
You really need to stop spouting your shit knowledge about SAF scholarships. I have already corrected you once in this thread, and now I have to do it again. Stop spreading misinformation, its making you look like an asshole.

1) NS is never extended, regardless of the number of years of the bond. Once they disrupt from their NS to carry out their schooling under the scholarship, they never have to return to serve NS. When they set foot in Singapore again, after getting their undergraduate degree, they are already full fledged LTA, and regular sign on officers.
2) While they are in uni under the Scholarship, they are already promoted to 2Lt and then LTA, and get paid like regular SAF officers of the same rank. They do not get paid the NS allowance for NSmen 2Lt and LTA rank. Coupled with the money the get for schooling and board and lodging and flight home, you cannot even remotely say this is NS level compensation.
3) Once they return to singapore after graduating, they are posted out to their units as scholar officers. The rank of LTA and later Capt follows them. At no time do they suffer the pay, pain and sweat and tears of an NSmen. They are untouchables because no unit commander wants to piss off an SAF scholar for fear that the fucker will outrank him one day if he turns into a high flyer. I have seen SAF scholars disrupt midway thru School of Armour, and come back full fledge LTA regular from an Aussie Uni. They are fucked up out in the field because they never spend time with the armour regiments as a platoon commander, and have no idea what they are doing. I have so many complains from senior officers in the SIRs about these people being clueless.
4) Once they come back, the bond starts for the next 6 years. During this time, they are getting the full pay of a SAF regular. By the time the 6th year rolls along, they will get a Major rank if they are any decent. If not, then Capt rank. The promising ones are encouraged to stay in the SAF and sign another contract. Their career path is shown to them, which means to say they will attain Lt Col or full bird Col rank by the end of the second contract. By the end of the 3rd contract, they would have already been identified for political office or stat board position and these are the fuckers who will be General rank. Kee Chiu followed this path.
5) Hence all SAF scholars have never completed their 2-2.5 years of NS like other males. After their disruption, at no time do they receive NS pay or come back to complete their 2 years as NSmen. So, stop your bullshitting.

That is good,,if war happens..such Scholar officers will be Fragged

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i’m citing my own case lah twit. my minimum ns obligation was 6 years after i got bonded to study overseas. i served out 6 years including 2 years before departure for undergrad degree. so your claim that nobody served out their ns is pure garbage. i caught you again bullshitting as i slowly bait you with drips of info. this time you can’t hide and bs away as i have the personal sexperience over your non-sexperience and hearsay.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
May I ask if your NS was considered 2.5 years or 6 years? I thought that bonded scholars still served NS of 2.5 years and the rest of the 3.5 years was considered a bond, meaning that if you broke the bond but already served 2 years, you would simply have to serve 0.5 years more before ORD.

i’m citing my own case lah twit. my minimum ns obligation was 6 years after i got bonded to study overseas. i served out 6 years including 2 years before departure for undergrad degree. so your claim that nobody served out their ns is pure garbage. i caught you again bullshitting as i slowly bait you with drips of info. this time you can’t hide and bs away as i have the personal sexperience over your non-sexperience and hearsay.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May I ask if your NS was considered 2.5 years or 6 years? I thought that bonded scholars still served NS of 2.5 years and the rest of the 3.5 years was considered a bond, meaning that if you broke the bond but already served 2 years, you would simply have to serve 0.5 years more before ORD.
it’s termed as “ns obligation”. the bond is separate as it involves a contract and money. for example, if a scholar breaks his bond, he is required to pay up an amount that can be greater than the basic cost of sending himher for studies. but the scholar must fulfill his minimum ns obligation, and in his case he is a regular as he signs a contract with mindeaf. the ns obligation in such cases goes beyond 2.5 years of normal ns to the extent of the contract. so in effect a scholar can complete his ns obligation but still not fulfill conditions of the bond if he decides to break it later.

jw5

Loyal
Does this mean that in my example, if the scholar broke the bond after serving 2 years of NS, he pays the penalty and MUST serve another 4 years of NS? :eek:

it’s termed as “ns obligation”. the bond is separate as it involves a contract and money. for example, if a scholar breaks his bond, he is required to pay up an amount that can be greater than the basic cost of sending himher for studies. but the scholar must fulfill his minimum ns obligation, and in his case he is a regular as he signs a contract with mindeaf. the ns obligation in such cases goes beyond 2.5 years of normal ns to the extent of the contract. so in effect a scholar can complete his ns obligation but still not fulfill conditions of the bond if he decides to break it later.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does this mean that in my example, if the scholar broke the bond after serving 2 years of NS, he pays the penalty and MUST serve another 4 years of NS? :eek:
in your sexample the scholar will need to serve out his minimum ns obligation after breaking the bond prematurely - case of double jeopardy. and if he is overseas in the middle of studies when he breaks the bond and refuses to return he becomes an ns absconder.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

U are SAF Overseas Scholar? hahhahahhahha, U make me laugh. I don't think u can even get accepted by a 3rd rate overseas Uni. And by the way, the NS duration for enlistment for Officers during your time is 2.5 years. If you served only 2 years as you say, then you have not completed your NS, as you still owe 6 months. Therefore, you have not served out your NS. So, who is really bullshitting here. When you are proven wrong, then you come out with shit like, "i slowly bait you" or other shit like |I have the personal experience". U don't put this information up front, because its not true. When proven to be a bullshitting liar, then you invent these statements. U are good for a laugh, that's all.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U are SAF Overseas Scholar? hahhahahhahha, U make me laugh. I don't think u can even get accepted by a 3rd rate overseas Uni. And by the way, the NS duration for enlistment for Officers during your time is 2.5 years. If you served only 2 years as you say, then you have not completed your NS, as you still owe 6 months. Therefore, you have not served out your NS. So, who is really bullshitting here. When you are proven wrong, then you come out with shit like, "i slowly bait you" or other shit like |I have the personal experience". U don't put this information up front, because its not true. When proven to be a bullshitting liar, then you invent these statements. U are good for a laugh, that's all.
look who's laughing again. i know i'll have the last laugh as i still have real sexperience up my sleeve. before my departure for overseas studies i already graduated from ocs, thus my rank was 2lt before i left. so that debunks your first bs. had to get deferment as i didn't complete ns then. completed my studies, returned to sg, was parked in various units for 6.9 months for top security clearance to process plus some other admin stuff, and worked for co's of those units in special (short-term) projects. after 6.9 months were up, i thought i had served the full 2.5 years and asked if my ns obligation was over, g1 in mindeaf replied "no, your ns obligation is 6 years with remaining balance of 3.5 years." only then that i realized this was actually pointed out when i signed the fine print but as a youngster ready to go overseas, i either forgot it or skimmed over it without much thought. and it struck me. "hmmm, it's unfair my ns years are so long compared to 2.5 years, but hey, they are paying me way better than typical 2.5-year ns officers including ocs months so why should i complain." capiche?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
look who's laughing again. i know i'll have the last laugh as i still have real sexperience up my sleeve. before my departure for overseas studies i already graduated from ocs, thus my rank was 2lt before i left. so that debunks your first bs. had to get deferment as i didn't complete ns then. completed my studies, returned to sg, was parked in various units for 6.9 months for top security clearance to process plus some other admin stuff, and worked for co's of those units in special (short-term) projects. after 6.9 months were up, i thought i had served the full 2.5 years and asked if my ns obligation was over, g1 in mindeaf replied "no, your ns obligation is 6 years with remaining balance of 3.5 years." only then that i realized this was actually pointed out when i signed the fine print but as a youngster ready to go overseas, i either forgot it or skimmed over it without much thought. and it struck me. "hmmm, it's unfair my ns years are so long compared to 2.5 years, but hey, they are paying me way better than typical 2.5-year ns officers including ocs months so why should i complain." capiche?

U are truly such a moron. After you allegedly deferred to go and study, were u paid the same rate as an NSmen? Did you get the full benefits of a Sign on Officer or did you get the lousy benefits of a NSmen? If the answer to the questions is NO, and other NSmen of your cohort did not enjoy the pay, benefits, and schooling that you did, then you did not complete NS. Got it? Deferring from NS to complete your bond and to study IS NOT THE SAME AS DOING NS.

What the G1 handed you and did to all other scholarship holders is illegal. But no one challenges it because they are getting a benefit from it. In the NS Enlistment Act written in the Constitution, you cannot be given a national service obligation longer then what the Act says. In the case of Officers in your year, its 2.5 years. Therefore, you cannot be given a 6 year term. The SAF Overseas Scholarship cannot suka suka create a rule that supercedes the Enlistment Act. What the 6 year bond actually does is to include your actual NS time served, and then add additional years to it until it totals 6. SO, for you, if you allegedly served 2 years of NS, then the remaining 4 years is tagged on to the bond to make it 6. Other SAFOS only serve 6-9 months of NS (including BMT), and in the case of Patrick Tan, only 2 weeks in OCS, before they are deferred for their studies. SO, if the SAFOS only served 6 months of NS (comprising 3 months of BMT, and first 3 months of OCS term 1) then their bond is for the remaining 5.5 years for a total of 6 years. Their remaining 2 years of NS is folded into the 5.5 years of bond. But again, this is illegal, as the NS Enlistment Act does not permit NS term to be void in lieu of a bond.

For someone who allegedly got a SAFOS, u are sure ignorant as to the actual mechanics and illegality of what the SAF does with the scholarship. In order to encourage people to join the SAF as a profession, the SAF waives unfinished NS time and folds it into its scholarship. This is illegal as the NS Enlistment Act makes no exception for any profession. Or else people studying to be Dr. and Lawyers will also want their NS term shortened. Capiche?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U are truly such a moron. After you allegedly deferred to go and study, were u paid the same rate as an NSmen? Did you get the full benefits of a Sign on Officer or did you get the lousy benefits of a NSmen? If the answer to the questions is NO, and other NSmen of your cohort did not enjoy the pay, benefits, and schooling that you did, then you did not complete NS. Got it? Deferring from NS to complete your bond and to study IS NOT THE SAME AS DOING NS.

What the G1 handed you and did to all other scholarship holders is illegal. But no one challenges it because they are getting a benefit from it. In the NS Enlistment Act written in the Constitution, you cannot be given a national service obligation longer then what the Act says. In the case of Officers in your year, its 2.5 years. Therefore, you cannot be given a 6 year term. The SAF Overseas Scholarship cannot suka suka create a rule that supercedes the Enlistment Act. What the 6 year bond actually does is to include your actual NS time served, and then add additional years to it until it totals 6. SO, for you, if you allegedly served 2 years of NS, then the remaining 4 years is tagged on to the bond to make it 6. Other SAFOS only serve 6-9 months of NS (including BMT), and in the case of Patrick Tan, only 2 weeks in OCS, before they are deferred for their studies. SO, if the SAFOS only served 6 months of NS (comprising 3 months of BMT, and first 3 months of OCS term 1) then their bond is for the remaining 5.5 years for a total of 6 years. Their remaining 2 years of NS is folded into the 5.5 years of bond. But again, this is illegal, as the NS Enlistment Act does not permit NS term to be void in lieu of a bond.

For someone who allegedly got a SAFOS, u are sure ignorant as to the actual mechanics and illegality of what the SAF does with the scholarship. In order to encourage people to join the SAF as a profession, the SAF waives unfinished NS time and folds it into its scholarship. This is illegal as the NS Enlistment Act makes no exception for any profession. Or else people studying to be Dr. and Lawyers will also want their NS term shortened. Capiche?
you obviously don’t know what you’re talking about trying to bring in the enlistment act, after spewing so much rubbish and going on a fishing expedition. of course i received regular pay, and i mentioned since ocs (can’t you read?). for regulars and safos are essentially regulars, statutes allow mindeaf to dictate terms depending on number of years signed by regulars which translates to ns obligations going beyond 2.5 years. the regular section of the act gives that provision.

Last edited:

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the G1 handed you and did to all other scholarship holders is illegal. But no one challenges it because they are getting a benefit from it. In the NS Enlistment Act written in the Constitution, you cannot be given a national service obligation longer then what the Act says.
The SAF Overseas Scholarship cannot suka suka create a rule that supercedes the Enlistment Act.
if the SAFOS only served 6 months of NS (comprising 3 months of BMT, and first 3 months of OCS term 1) then their bond is for the remaining 5.5 years for a total of 6 years. Their remaining 2 years of NS is folded into the 5.5 years of bond. But again, this is illegal, as the NS Enlistment Act does not permit NS term to be void in lieu of a bond.
In order to encourage people to join the SAF as a profession, the SAF waives unfinished NS time and folds it into its scholarship. This is illegal as the NS Enlistment Act makes no exception for any profession.
Dear @Papsmearer, if it's not too much trouble, may I ask you to explain the true meaning of the following:
sso.agc.gov.sg/SL/EA1970-RG1#pr16-

"16. Unless otherwise expressly provided in any agreement in writing between the applicant and the proper authority, the terms and conditions of a person in regular service shall be as prescribed from time to time in regulations or in the orders of the Ministry of Defence."

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
He named his eat shit and die nick says about him...

jw5

Loyal
Should try to get sexamples from bondbreakers who served less than 2.5 or 2 years of NS, but didn't abscond. Ask them how many more years of NS did they have to serve. :whistling: