• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Now I Finally Understand What The Yellow Arrows At The MRT Are For!

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Dom - I accept your infraction - what about what I responded to? Does that not deserve one - my best mate was killed in the Sari Club. How should I have respoded?

Actually, I read from the sidelines in this thread and I think Frankie is a shitty character that makes a stupid comment regarding the JI.

DOM being as supportive for his friend, supports his friend blindly via supporting his stupid comment with another shitty argument on his great grand uncle getting killed during world war 2. If he doesn't support blindly, then he is another shitty character

This kind of insensitive comments made by stupid individuals, just ignore them. One day they will understand how you feel when someone makes stupid comments on people who are with them. Now they are just gloating over your reaction. Cheer dude.:p

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I read from the sidelines in this thread and I think Frankie is a shitty character that makes a stupid comment regarding the JI.

DOM being as supportive for his friend, supports his friend blindly via supporting his stupid comment with another shitty argument on his great grand uncle getting killed during world war 2. If he doesn't support blindly, then he is another shitty character

This kind of insensitive comments made by stupid individuals, just ignore them. One day they will understand how you feel when someone makes stupid comments on people who are with them. Now they are just gloating over your reaction. Cheer dude.:p

My Great Grand Uncle was really killed by the Japanese in 1942. I'm not lying. I added that infraction because Pete lost his cool with that vulgarity.

I didn't support blindly and that makes me a shitty character by your lopsided defination. Thanks! :biggrin:

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hallo! all of u... pls dun get too personal ok. :rolleyes:

Friendly Coffee Shop Talk.
Cup_of_Coffee.GIF
We talk 'NICELY' to each other here please. :smile: No nasty and abusive posts. :rolleyes:

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is a personal picture of his son waiting to leap into oncoming train due to stress of his father forcing him to serve NS instead of the father doing it .

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
So cut him some slack and don't get personal.
Bro Scroobal,

Good post,not that I am anti-FTs,in fact we do need FTs,that we can agree,but we do not agree the PAP's way,full stop.

Why I bother is that this mate seems to be too naive to be true.But then again,the beauty of FTs is that they can always return to where they came from.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Scroobal,

Good post,not that I am anti-FTs,in fact we do need FTs,that we can agree,but we do not agree the PAP's way,full stop.

Why I bother is that this mate seems to be too naive to be true.But then again,the beauty of FTs is that they can always return to where they came from.

Singapore's success has been on the backs of FTs since its founding. The country was built on indentured labour, expats, contract workers, the cosmopolitan entrepot traders, foreign maids and healthy dose of homegrown locals. Something that we all know from the very start and proud of it. The least xenophobic country both in letter and in spirit.

Sometime in mid 90s, the PAP forgot the locals. Its the only country in the world where locals have no standing. The philosophy of meritocracy seem to me mean more than what it should. Name me one country in the world that allows access to employment and residence in this manner.

Remember in early 2000, when the govt realised that besides the joy of national service, there was no material difference between a citizen and a PR. In 1993, entry to the elite Admin was open to PRs and foreginers. Try getting a similiar position in Canberra.

The end result is that Singapore will move towards a purely economuc model where the bedrock of nationhood will start to crumble. The vast majority will go back to their home country and it host a new bacth of FTs.

Pete like many FTs are trying their darnest to integrate and do their share. It obvious from his ramblings that he is one bloke who is firing on all cylinders to mix and associate with the locals.

He is probably yet to understand the nuances of this particular site, the communication protocol and what to say and what not to say. Most importantly he does not seem to sense that his contribution to Singapore pales in comparison to the anxiety that locals face. The fact that we rather tap rubber, helm a tonkang or cast a fishing net than to lose our dignity for "failing to contribute" to our own country seems to be lost to him.

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pete like many FTs are trying their darnest to integrate and do their share. It obvious from his ramblings that he is one bloke who is firing on all cylinders to mix and associate with the locals.

He is probably yet to understand the nuances of this particular site, the communication protocol and what to say and what not to say. Most importantly he does not seem to sense that his contribution to Singapore pales in comparison to the anxiety that locals face. The fact that we rather tap rubber, helm a tonkang or cast a fishing net than to lose our dignity for "failing to contribute" to our own country seems to be lost to him.

Well said! You sum up all that I feel about OzPete.......and I'm blindly supporting you or I'm a shitty character, according the defination of Bro siverfox! :biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
He is probably yet to understand the nuances of this particular site, the communication protocol and what to say and what not to say. Most importantly he does not seem to sense that his contribution to Singapore pales in comparison to the anxiety that locals face.

bro,

one very interesting feature i see in the differences between Asian cultures and Western cultures: Western cultures bank on honesty and straightforwardness, whereas Oriental cultures bank on being tactful and reserved in their speeches.

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing to do with western or eastern culture. the only thing aussie pete didnt realise is this forum is IMH No.2.

thank you very much

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro,

one very interesting feature i see in the differences between Asian cultures and Western cultures: Western cultures bank on honesty and straightforwardness, whereas Oriental cultures bank on being tactful and reserved in their speeches.

sg likes 2 pride itself 2 being both eastern n western ... so, in sg, u r honest n straightforward yet tactful n reserved? ... full of contradiction? ... :confused: :p

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
sg likes 2 pride itself 2 being both eastern n western ... so, in sg, u r honest n straightforward yet tactful n reserved? ... full of contradiction? ... :confused: :p

Yes!!! that's exactly what happened!!!

do you really believe raising the GST can help the poor??? :p:biggrin::p:biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Dom - I accept your infraction - what about what I responded to? Does that not deserve one - my best mate was killed in the Sari Club. How should I have respoded?
Pete
this site is an oddball. Don't take it to heart. We have our bad days and our good days. There is no love lost between the JI and us and we more than anyone else screwed the JIs in numbers. The remark by the chap was below the belt but he is pretty ok when his is not having his period. You obviously missed Dom's subtle attempt to get him to switch tack.

Don't worry, you more than welcome to this country. If you get a nod or a smile on the streets of singapore from a stranger, you know it came from us. For appearence purposes, there is a raging battle between locals and foreigners so that the men in white and fucking old prick staying in the Istana for 49 years rent free will do something.

By the way, you might want to read up on "sook ching" where nearly every chinese singaporean lost a family member. So the Bali things pales by comparison in our context.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I read from the sidelines in this thread and I think Frankie is a shitty character that makes a stupid comment regarding the JI

what JI did is no dif from what the united shits are doing in Iraq...both are terrorist acts but why support the united shits and condemn JI? So if they chose to play with fire namely states that support the united shits acts then they must themselves expect to die with fire....