• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Now I Finally Understand What The Yellow Arrows At The MRT Are For!

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I couldn't resist taking this pic at admiralty today... I know this isn't STOMP, but what the heck... now I know what the yellow arrow pointing outward from the platform is for - it's for the aunties to know exactly where to stand and board the train to cause the most amount of problems for people getting off the train - that's it, one foot either side of the yellow line... wow, what was I thinking all these years? - never could work out the meaning of the arrows before now. :biggrin: BTW - that's my little baby boy's feet to the left of the pic (in the pram).

mrtarrows2.jpg

I'm a Singaporean FT in Oz and you are an Oz FT in Sinkeeland? Just curious. Are you in any way affected by the recession in Sinkeeland? :confused:

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm a Singaporean FT in Oz and you are an Oz FT in Sinkeeland? Just curious. Are you in any way affected by the recession in Sinkeeland? :confused:

Hi mate - hasn't affected me - I have a global role and can do it from anywhere... for ease of travel, I choose to do it from a central part of the region (here in SG)... :biggrin:

I notice it doesn't take long for something small and amusing to turn the thread into FT bashing and accusations of stealing people's jobs (if I leave, so does my job and my contribution to society). There's so many paranoid hatefilled people that post on this forum (and some really good blokes and gals too) - some people don't understand that this country is now my my home too (whether they like it or not) - I'm lucky I have many, many good decent and dear SG friends who despise people that behave like this - these haters are just a minority here in this great country, but seem to flood this forum - strange. :eek:

Last edited:

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi mate - hasn't affected me - I have a global role and can do it from anywhere... for ease of travel, I choose to do it from a central part of the region (here in SG)... :biggrin:

I notice it doesn't take long for something small and amusing to turn the thread into FT bashing and accusations of stealing people's jobs (if I leave, so does my job and my contribution to society). There's so many paranoid hatefilled people that post on this forum (and some really good blokes and gals too) - some people don't understand that this country is now my my home too (whether they like it or not) - I'm lucky I have many, many good decent and dear SG friends who despise people that behave like this - these haters are just a minority here in this great country, but seem to flood this forum - strange. :eek:

Tat bloke actually asked:
Originally Posted by Satan View Post
I'm a Singaporean FT in Oz and you are an Oz FT in Sinkeeland? Just curious. Are you in any way affected by the recession in Sinkeeland?

This msg shows how small yr brain is.

That bloke asked a decent question and yet you turned it into hell of a complaint,no different fr our PAP ministers.

On this score,you do learn pretty fast.

Enjoy yr Sinkie,I am beru glad that a bloke like you has chosen to let yr kids to be here,but it is OK,to each his own mah.

Isayso

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are not incorrect, mate. "Arrow out" is to position yourself the most stratregic position to rush into the train at the shortest possible time. They should have done such signs infront of lifts as well.

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tat bloke actually asked:
Originally Posted by Satan View Post
I'm a Singaporean FT in Oz and you are an Oz FT in Sinkeeland? Just curious. Are you in any way affected by the recession in Sinkeeland?

This msg shows how small yr brain is.

That bloke asked a decent question and yet you turned it into hell of a complaint,no different fr our PAP ministers.

On this score,you do learn pretty fast.

Enjoy yr Sinkie,I am beru glad that a bloke like you has chosen to let yr kids to be here,but it is OK,to each his own mah.

Satan and I are sort of "forum mates" already - I answered his question - then took the opportunity to respond to all the other posts - I don't have the patience to answer them all individually.

U're right - each to his own... cheers... :biggrin:

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
The auntie wasn't standing there for the next train. She was pushed out of the last train by the rushing crowd alighting from the train.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
some people don't understand that this country is now my my home too (whether they like it or not) -

oh so have you contributed your time, sweat and blood to national service like all true blooded born in singapore male? if there is a war, are you going to stand side by side with us to defend this country or will you take the first flight out?

Singaporean of all races should unite and chase these Foreign Trash out of this country...Nationalism is not a crime

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
harry lee once said
sinkies still think they are shitting in a hole in the ground.

or they are PRC

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh so have you contributed your time, sweat and blood to national service like all true blooded born in singapore male? if there is a war, are you going to stand side by side with us to defend this country or will you take the first flight out?

Singaporean of all races should unite and chase these Foreign Trash out of this country...Nationalism is not a crime

Hail Herr Frankestine! *nazi salute*

hiak! hiak! hiak!
DOM

ps: don't hate the FT.....they are also kena conned by the White Scums to be here........:biggrin:

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
is that a photo of your son trying to leap into oncoming train as his father never do NS but force him to do it ?

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Satan and I are sort of "forum mates" already - I answered his question - then took the opportunity to respond to all the other posts - I don't have the patience to answer them all individually.

U're right - each to his own... cheers... :biggrin:
OK,mate,you have absolutely no ground to complain,you have exercised yr freedom of choice and come to the small country of yr great admiration,not that you are any better,but only because Sinkie is apprently the most generous blok on earth,any how offer resident,citizenship to any Tom,Dick cum Harry cum Ah Kow cum Sammy cum cum,cum,haha.

Again welcome to Sinking land,a land of yr huge admiration be just bacause of MM Lee who is old but aged,a golden 86 going 87+etc,hehe.

May you and yr future generations have many glorious days ahead under the dear and the great leaders plus the holy Goh,

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
is that a photo of your son trying to leap into oncoming train as his father never do NS but force him to do it ?

Guys, can you take it easy.

The issue is not with FTs per se. They are probabaly not aware how things have deteriorated since the mid 90s. The press which is controlled by govt management share arising from change of legislation in 1986 paints a rosy picture to foreigners.

Decades ago when I was showing a British gentleman around Singapore and made the proud claim how clean and safe Singapore is, his reply shocked me. He told me that he had been to Pyongyang and it was cleaner and safer than Singapore. He told me when you have travelled the world enough, you know what a free society will look like.

Aussie Pete is as sincere as they come and you more or less can tell from his posts that he is attempting to integrate rather than keep to the expat crowd.

In time, he will sense the undercurrents. He will eventually wonder why a highly qualified Singaporean needs to get endorsed by a relevant industry body in Australia vouching for his competency in that field and that there are inadequate candidates to fill industry needs before he is allowed into Australia. While in Singapore, any foreigner basically can obtain a 6mths visa to look for a job with no restrictions.

He will also wonder why first generation leaders and Singaporeans of the early era speak good English but subsequent generations did not receive the same attention so that an elite group with native coaching can command the masses.

He will also eventually realise why a minority Singaporean whose family have been in this country for generations cannot contest an elections without first seeking a partnership with a member of a majority race. When his wife decides to take up citizenship, she can contest the elections but an Indian, a Malay or any other minority whose family have been on this island for generations must team up with a majority race member of the country Its become truly insidious when a native Malay, whose land we live on can't contest as a single candidate while migrant race can.

He will realise that employers both local and foreigners rather pick a foreigner than a Singaporean to avoid losing the latter for up to 40 days each year for reservist duties until age 40 and for some until age 50.

He will begin to learn that well meaning social activist were detained twice for lengthy periods without trial under Operation Spectrum. These included people who were schooled in Harvard and other well known institutions.

He will learn that despite 49 years of continous rule, the 3 main races have been kept apart and with the older generations remembering the camaraderie between the races during the British colonial rule.

He will eventually learn that the DPM and Minister of the all powerful Home Affairs is the PM's first counsin's husband. The wife heads Temasek while his father heads GIC, the only 2 sovereign funds of this country.

He will eventually find a copy of "Wired" which wrote the seminal article on "death in disneyland"

He will evetually come to know how Don Dunstan, the colourful South Australian Premier and the Australians fought a rearguard action to save Singapore press from govt control. The battle raged with Europeans coming in and from a plethora of English and vernacular papers, it all came to one Singapore Press Holdings.

Finally he will learn that Madam Butterfly despite the thick make-up is a man.

So cut him some slack and don't get personal.

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
G'day mate!

My Great Grand Uncle was literally shredded by the Japanese Imperial Army in Johore. Shall I also respond like you on Okinawa-Joe should such a moniker comes in to post?

Hatred begets hatred. Why not you try transforming your hatred arising from the death of your friend to love and use them here. Try! Give Bro Monster a BIG SMOOOOOCH! :biggrin:

Cheers!
DOM (aka Down Onder Mike)