• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbies in Moderation

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Spam looks like this in the moderation queue :

spam.gif

It's therefore a lot easier to spot.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not really a bit i must say, but a lot.

At least ram will respect your views if you don't agree with him. For this screw if you disagree with him, means you're enemy for life and not only that the bugger will start new threads scolding the person. That's why time and time again your nick keeps on getting mentioned about begging for pts. Then he'll start some type of awards thread praising or scolding forummers.

There is not a need to agree with this sinkie. I always fuck him upside down. I never agree with him. He talk like some big fuck sinkie and think that people owe him a fucking living. Why give a fuck to this sinkie loser? He thinks he own the cyberspace.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Can you automate the clearing from the moderation queue, ie. if content did not consist of "URL", "IMG" etc... let it through?

Plenty of genuine members post urls. Many copy and paste form other sites and the message is full of urls. Images are posted all over the place. So are videos.

There are links to other sites, to interesting articles, to blogs.

There is also a trick where spammers put all the links in their signatures instead to defeat forums that have disabled all html and bbcode that provides links so I'd have to disable html in signatures too.

All this can be done but at the end of the day, if too many functions are disabled, people will just go somewhere else.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Plenty of genuine members post urls. Many copy and paste form other sites and the message is full of urls. Images are posted all over the place. So are videos.

There are links to other sites, to interesting articles, to blogs.

There is also a trick where spammers put all the links in their signatures instead to defeat forums that have disabled all html and bbcode that provides links so I'd have to disable html in signatures too.

All this can be done but at the end of the day, if too many functions are disabled, people will just go somewhere else.

I refering to those in moderation, a small price to pay I suppose?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I refering to those in moderation, a small price to pay I suppose?

I just took a look at the current moderation queue and I don't think it would make much difference. Besides unless everyone understood what was going on, members would be wondering why their first 2 posts (no html) went through and and the next 5 (which contained urls) ended up getting stuck in moderation.

There are many ways to skin a cat. All of them have their advantages and their drawbacks.

Microsoft, a company with huge resources, declared war on spam many years ago. They thought they could defeat it using technology and smart programming. They have long since given up the battle and spam is more prevalent than ever.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you take care of one species, and other species are gonna multiply like locusts and shit on the prairie. a diplodocus with the largest body and highest no. of points is always a target. t-rex keeps eyeing you and wanting to tear you apart. you're part of the food chain, and with your points, a main entre. :p

Your view on this is pretty skewed. There will always be some bias toward one another, as it is a human trait. Can you say you never have had any bias towards anyone at all?

Altercations happen frequently. as communication often breaks down for one reason or another, plus the one reading the comment can either be intelligent or downright stupid. Take all with a grain of salt and mull it over before getting red-eyed and losing one's cool.

The anology about taking down a monicker is laughable if you read LeongSam's comments about "vet" forummers. Any "vet" forummer taken to the cleaners since time immemorial as yet?

I quote: "The "vet" forummers you refer to are the worst candidates. Many are in the middle of long running feuds which have lasted as long as the forum. They are the least suitable of all when it comes to moderating.

In fact, almost everyone here is at war with some other member. I'm the only one who rises above all this shit."

Yes, this is a forum where almost anything goes, and if one cannot take the heat then get the hell out of the kitchen. No one shall be spared including me.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
A forum that exemplifies the liberating nature of laissez-faire anarchy, offering a respite from the autocracy that is Sinkieland. :smile:

svLEEKUAN_narrowweb__300x417,0.jpg

"And I say without the slightest remorse, that we wouldn’t be here, we would not have made economic progress, if we had not intervened on very personal matters – who your neighbour is, how you live, the noise you make, how you spit, or what language you use. We decide what is right. Never mind what the people think!"

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's not get lost. We need to allow newbies to post without unnecessary moderation. Understand the spam, but hopefully a better solution can be found. Also thoose who have any pride are unlikely to beg for points to avoid going back to moderation. I am also sure decent ones will not manipulate the gullible and the blurfucks.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, this is a forum where almost anything goes, and if one cannot take the heat then get the hell out of the kitchen. No one shall be spared including me.
You and your full of shits analogy, say wanna quit but came back anyway, your words are worthless, even cow dunks worth a few cents, LOL

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am glad that this thread is generating ideas on how to solve it.
Plenty of genuine members post urls. Many copy and paste form other sites and the message is full of urls. Images are posted all over the place. So are videos. There are links to other sites, to interesting articles, to blogs. There is also a trick where spammers put all the links in their signatures instead to defeat forums that have disabled all html and bbcode that provides links so I'd have to disable html in signatures too.All this can be done but at the end of the day, if too many functions are disabled, people will just go somewhere else.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is not a need to agree with this sinkie. I always fuck him upside down. I never agree with him. He talk like some big fuck sinkie and think that people owe him a fucking living. He thinks he own the cyberspace.

well said! applause! hahaha! no need to reason with that lao chee bye. waste of keystrokes only.

just fuck him, idiot screwball. :oIo::oIo:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am glad that this thread is generating ideas on how to solve it. Forummer Glaringly suggestion is worth a try despite they bearing it in their signature. Not sure if the signature can be disabled. Let's face it, a newbie wants his message put across and URLs and other stuff are just secondary. I am sure they rather post without all these than be in moderation. Not sure if we segment the newbies based on HTML/bbcode etc. Maybe others can throw some light.
Plenty of genuine members post urls. Many copy and paste form other sites and the message is full of urls. Images are posted all over the place. So are videos. There are links to other sites, to interesting articles, to blogs. There is also a trick where spammers put all the links in their signatures instead to defeat forums that have disabled all html and bbcode that provides links so I'd have to disable html in signatures too.All this can be done but at the end of the day, if too many functions are disabled, people will just go somewhere else.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are basically clueless. Nobody else demeaned you like Ramseth. Not even Windsor. I cannot remember anyone else calling you short and fat. And it would carry on thread after thread. Note that Ramseth will never do it to Drifter or 99% of Forummers here. Why? We know him longer than you. Bear in mind I not even taking about your obsession with points.
The funny thing is that I supported Screwball to be the moderator and this is how he did to me, whahahaha

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are basically clueless. Nobody else demeaned you like Ramseth. Not even Windsor. I cannot remember anyone else calling you short and fat. And it would carry on thread after thread. Note that Ramseth will never do it to Drifter or 99% of Forummers here. Why? We know him longer than you. Bear in mind I not even taking about your obsession with points.
Yes, to you I'm basically useless even I explained everything? SO? LOL

Yes yes, you are right in everything, so can you give me back my points since you said I'm obsessed with points? hehehehe

You are so fucking lor sor, even grandmothers also lose to you, hhahahaha

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I am glad that this thread is generating ideas on how to solve it. Forummer Glaringly suggestion is worth a try despite they bearing it in their signature. Not sure if the signature can be disabled. Let's face it, a newbie wants his message put across and URLs and other stuff are just secondary. I am sure they rather post without all these than be in moderation. Not sure if we segment the newbies based on HTML/bbcode etc. Maybe others can throw some light.

Yes signatures can be disabled, html can be disabled, bbcode can be disabled, scripts can be disabled etc for new accounts but I'm not sure I want to go down that route again. I've tried it before.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No worries. Just a consideration. Thanks.
Yes signatures can be disabled, html can be disabled, bbcode can be disabled, scripts can be disabled etc for new accounts but I'm not sure I want to go down that route again. I've tried it before.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a difference between clueless and useless. You are not useless. I note also that you still do not know what caused the issue with Windsor. I suspect that you made a mistake or mis interpreted something.
Yes, to you I'm basically useless even I explained everything? SO? LOLYes yes, you are right in everything, so can you give me back my points since you said I'm obsessed with points? heheheheYou are so fucking lor sor, even grandmothers also lose to you, hhahahaha

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Scroobal, quit stirring shit in vain. Whether Alamaking calls me ponytail donkey or I call him fat orange monkey is in good humor between ourselves, none of your business.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a difference between clueless and useless. You are not useless. I note also that you still do not know what caused the issue with Windsor. I suspect that you made a mistake or mis interpreted something.
Your lanjiao lah, u claim u dunno the incident yet you already pointed finger at me, what kind of fucked up man are you? _|_ _|_ _|_