• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbies in Moderation

Doubblur

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what happened to you....

You posted 6 messages on 1 Sep 2011. All went to the moderation queue as you were a new account.

The automated script took a look at you and decided after x number of hours that you were not a spam bot and you were released from moderation. You could have actually started posting without delay on X Sep 2011... I assure you it was a very short time.

However, because 6 of your messages had ended up in moderation, you assumed that the forum was crap or victimising you for some reason and did not post again until 8 NOV 2011!!!!

Had you just carried on posting normally and ignored the moderation, you'd have been up and running 2 months earlier.

If I had a solution to this problem, I'd definitely implement it. However, as I said earlier, I have to rely on a degree of automation to do the job or I'd be bogged down for hours trying to make judgement calls.

I don't blame you, especially not after getting more familiar with more reading of this forum. Yes, you're right. I stopped posting after my first few posts disappeared out of sight. But I kept reading and one fine day, I tried again.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I don't blame you, especially not after getting more familiar with more reading of this forum. Yes, you're right. I stopped posting after my first few posts disappeared out of sight. But I kept reading and one fine day, I tried again.

They didn't "disappear". When you posted them, you would have seen a message explaining that the post would have to be approved by a moderator before they appeared.

However, I guess you didn't notice it. :wink:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Besides me, everyone has feelings.

Look what LKY did to those who crossed his path.

I'm stuck with my own baby which I keep going simply because it's mine.

ironic that folks here who detest the old despot are becoming little lky themselves. i'm ok with the format for now. just that sinkie newbies like all sinkies are extremely impatient and special, and they demand special treatment such as jumping queues or securing tables with tissue. it's a national disease that's harder to get rid off than hiv.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
OK lah whatever, whenever I free I can I here chitchat, yah. :smile:

You're most welcome as long as you're not a spam bot.:smile:

I'm just making the point that the most perfect system with all the built in alerts, notices, explanations cannot cater for the fact that humans are... human! We have different attitudes, personalities... some more patient than others... some more alert to details... some can't be bothered with the small things. Most men don't read FAQs and instruction manuals. Most women fuss over the most trivial of matters.

It's impossible for me to design a system that caters for the whole spectrum. There will always be flaws.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am asking what triggered it? Windsor acted because of the torrent of abuse from him. I asked him this so many times but he does not know. I suspect that he got the wrong person and is afraid to admit it. When I told Alamaking that he was being groomed (as paedophiles do to young kids online) by certain manipulative forummers for points which are then used for zapping newbies and those with borderline points, he did not get it. Zeddy was one of the recent victims. I remember Almaking as the first forummer who had a signature begging for points. Sam realised it and acted on it. He still does not get it. He thought he was Mr. Popular despite not posting anything of importance. Others have also pointed out to him that you can convert the points and his contributions have not bearing. You can still see people sucking up to him and he still thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread. He has convinced himself that he worked hard for the points and people are jealous of him. In contrast look at Drifter. No one can take advantage of him and Teflon found to his detriment recently. Yet Drifter contributes significantly om emigration, wildlife and more importantly by giving points to deserving people to get them out of moderation. He also whacks the shit out religious zealots who spam this forum.
in my opinion, and this after years in cyberspace and online forums, it is moronic and cyberly unethical for mods to single out members who have chalked up gazillion points and/or rep power and target them for neutralization. after all, if the system allows the accumulation of virtual power, money, points, trophies, badges, coins, gold, medals, whatever, it is dishonest and disingenuous for any mod with lower accolades to target a fellow member with higher accolades or arseshit for moderation via power and privileges inadvertently accorded to a mod. if the mod is afraid of said member's growing power and increasing influence and decides to act speculatively and pre-emptively, he becomes the bigger alleged monster himself. this is no game of risk. fear and paranoia of letting an alleged evil growing out of control lead to one becoming the very evil itself.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
ironic that folks here who detest the old despot are becoming little lky themselves. i'm ok with the format for now. just that sinkie newbies like all sinkies are extremely impatient and special, and they demand special treatment such as jumping queues or securing tables with tissue. it's a national disease that's harder to get rid off than hiv.

Can't disagree with you there. :p

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am asking what triggered it? ......................................

it's very obvious. side targeted cool and wind targeted alamak, two members with highest rep power and points accumulated respectively. divide and conquer. intentions are good, but the road to hell is often paved with good intentions. and this they play subterfuge..... outside the moderated section and outside their jurisdiction! it's a total abuse of their power and privilege. cops in the u.s. can get fired for ticketing an errant driver outside their jurisdiction. forget what's on the surface. this is the root cause. anyone should be able to post any nonsensical shit they like, no matter how inane or insane it is. that's how i see it, but if they take down the server or harass with spamlike behavior, mods should step in. content must be differentiated from a concerted conspiracy to cause a crash.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There has got to be a better method than the current approach of moderating newbies. Completely understand the need to stop spambots and other prohibited stuff but the current approach discourages newbies who are posting on a hot thread or a topical issues. They want to be heard and wish to participate. The idea for waiting discourages and not good for for anyone. Why not let the first post go thru and then if need be to place them on moderation until there is level of behaviour change. Most people are not keen to suck up to a few for points neither do they find it pleasant manipulating or grooming few gullibles ones with choice words to get in. SBF has always been liberal so let's try a better approach.

create a forum yourself lah rather than come here and act like you own this forum.. Another sinkie shit !!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"road to hell is often paved with good intentions", not "good intentions are often paved with a highway to hell." whatever. :p

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
"road to hell is often paved with good intentions", not "good intentions are often paved with a highway to hell." whatever. :p

huh? You let me sits on it for a good 5 minutes. Still blur.

Is this the "practice" and "practise" thingy?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing has changed. You can post any rubbish here compared to any other forum. The mods here have no influence as they have found within days. That is why I am asking what triggered the the issue. Honestly what can any of mods do. All they can do is merge posts - housekeeping.
able to post any nonsensical shit they like, no matter how inane or insane it is. that's how i see it, but if they take down the server or harass with spamlike behavior, mods should step in. content must be differentiated from a concerted conspiracy to cause a crash.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Most men don't read FAQs and instruction manuals. Most women fuss over the most trivial of matters.

Is anyone here doing the above in alternate days? TonyChat?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
huh? You let me sits on it for a good 5 minutes. Still blur.

Is this the "practice" and "practise" thingy?

different meanings when one part of cliche precedes the other and vice versa. they are like siamese twins who share one set of genitals. one twin scratches balls, both have the same relief from itch; one twin smells fingers after the scratch and faints, other twin has no clue how sweaty balls smell like unless fingers reach his nose.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
different meanings when one part of cliche precedes the other and vice versa. they are like siamese twins who share one set of genitals. one twin scratches balls, both have the same relief from itch; one twin smells fingers after the scratch and faints, other twin has no clue how sweaty balls smell like unless fingers reach his nose.

Perhaps another analogy to explain this analogy, I catch no balls sorry, really. Thanks!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm surprised you actually answered screwball's queries. If you asked every single one of us we would have our own opinions on how to manage the new nicks and more or less our answers might be similar to screw's. After all what's so difficult to handle new nicks. Give them a moderation period and check on their posts. This isn't rocket science. Screw obviously started this thread to show case his imperial wiseness but it just comes across as a typical forummer overstepping the boundaries pretending to act like the owner.

wahahhaha.. this screwass need to seek professional therapy help.. No normal human being behaves like that.. There is some kind of inferior shit in him that he needs to vent out to cover up himself. I have seen many sinkies who behave like that ,usually has some kind of inferior problem. They just cannot stand it when there are others who are better than him or cannot take it when he cannot achieve the status he wants it to be.
Normal people will just see life and move on the best he can be, but for some, they take it too hard.

So in case the screwass see some almighty, like the forum host, he start to act like some sort of partner to him or like a right hand man, but in this case, he pretend to be the owner of the forum.

i mean if you can make it in life , why always come to the forum to act like some leader. Obviously, he cannot achieve his aim in life and flaunt his ego to feel accepted in the society, so he needs a forum to be like that.

The good thing is, this sort of behaviour is reversible, just go for some therapy session. I think this sort of thing is due to his incapabilities to deal with his emotional backstab in himself in the way he sees the society that he is in.