• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbbride

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the past, when im first introduced my hubby (at that time was bf) to my johorean aunt, after she get to know my bf is also a Johorean, the first qns that came out of her mouth was "CAN MEH"?
To them, a msian cousin who married a ABC was consider an "upgrade", me sgp married msian was a "downgrade".

teoky

Alfrescian
Loyal
EL appreciated 116% in 2yrs 5 months from Oct 2010 to March 2013.
Just 2 months from March till now, buyer presently offered my friend 1.5mil for the smallest terrace in EL(that's an appreciation of 150% in 2yrs 7 months).

Last transacted price of semi-d in EL was RM2.5mil, the buyer forked out near to RM1mil cash to buy that semi-d.

Not as fantastic and unbelievable as the previous one I mentioned which appreciated 90% in 6 months, but still very fantastic and unbelievable even when compared to amazing Singapore.

The question I have is who are the buyers? If they are willing to pay, are they buying to live or to rent?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The question I have is who are the buyers? If they are willing to pay, are they buying to live or to rent?

From what I see presently, buyers of completed lamded units are securing for own stay because they need to pay a huge percentage in cold hard cash due to cash-over-valuation. This is not what a speculator would do, a speculator would wanna secure the highest loan possible in order to pay lesser from his own pocket. Other than low upfront cash, speculators love DIBS, paying nothing during the approximately 3 years of construction of a condo.

Those buying for own stay can clearly see that prices are still cheap for say a high end terrace in Nusajaya now. For Example the EL case. S$600(RM1.5mil) can't get them just the kitchen of the cheapest and oldest terrace in Ulu parts of Sg. Lousy places like Jalan Kayu has small and narrow terraces selling at S$3mil. Even if you find a run-down terrace and don't mind living with some termites and not to rebuild the old house, you still can't get it below S$2mil(of course we cannot use some examples of those with say 50yrs of lease left).

Undeniably, many who are buying small condos at low quantum now are trying to ride the Iskandar wave to make profit by buying early before others do in 2-5 years time.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Land are aplenty in Johor? Yes.
Supply can be more than demand? Why not!

Can IRDA replicate another investment magnet like Nusajaya 'within the next 5 years'? No! (They can do it in say 10-20 years, definitely not 5 yrs) Anyway, IRDA is not stupid and they won't build another Nusajaya to compete with themselves now. If they do so, it'll only benefit buyers, not themselves.

So the key is to buy a 'location' which is irreplaceable or irreplicable within the next 5 years. Location as in Very specific, exact land plot within say Nusajaya or Medini itself! I'm not suggesting any project, everyone has their own view and I'm not sharing my targets(strangers here won't believe me anyway), happy hunting.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've estimated that my investment in 2010 will double in price within 5 years - It happened in 2.5years.

I've predicted that 'greed driven' demand will start coming here from 2012 - It happened since 2012(my posts can be found via a search in the forum, not bull-shitting) and you can see tens of thousands of such buyers today. Just Meridin's close-door ballot alone, there were maybe around a thousand people(news reported 1500).

Now I'm predicting that the big surge in real home seekers from Sg will start coming here starting 2015 and the numbers will grow thru the following 5 years. To be on the safe side, choose the best location to beat the huge future supply, and also to make the highest appreciation(but room for appreciation also depends on developer's selling price too, some locations are good but overpriced).

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also feel Medini is very expensive and price is ahead of time.. Even though the projects there are all lease hold, they are specical because Temasek is in it.. I am thinking if I ever want to buy something there, I would buy those that are built by more reputable developers.. (for eg E&O, UEMland or Temasek) Usually top developers don't use agents in Malaysia because the projects sell by itself.. Those those that need agents to push is casting a doubt on my brian.. As of now even if I don't buy is ok because already have a few.. However I am interested in the ones to be launched by Temasek.. What is the name of the development? Maybe should consider only those that are not pushed by agents..

Actually Medini has been launched at high psfs of RM650 levels upwards. I wonder if condo prices getting ahead of demand? Did you that know HH houses still RM300 psf levels only, and can get even better value for other G&Gs like Nusa Idaman & Nusa Sentral?

When you stay in JB you would probably get a car which is reasonable price as there is no COE, plus petrol prices even better. So when you get a car, it does not matter where you stay. Land is in abundance so walking will not be efficient. But quality landed G&G is of limited stock. Thus the high demand for these landeds you mention. Car puts people's pref for residential neighborhoods to live-in and drive into commercial for work. Nothing wrong to staying in city centre, just like some people prefer to stay in Ang Mo Kio for the family feel rather than cold downtown Shenton Way after hours.

Do be aware of fine print. Medini's tax incentives expire if you do not start your qualifying business there before end of 2015.

Having said these, I am still a fan of Medini and the vision. Just bullets seeking landed G&G for now. All the best, you have made money as next launches in Medini seeing to be RM750 psf and above. For those on landed G&G, these can only be good news for your investments. Good day all :smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I also feel Medini is very expensive and price is ahead of time.. Even though the projects there are all lease hold, they are specical because Temasek is in it.. I am thinking if I ever want to buy something there, I would buy those that are built by more reputable developers.. (for eg E&O, UEMland or Temasek) Usually top developers don't use agents in Malaysia because the projects sell by itself.. Those those that need agents to push is casting a doubt on my brian.. As of now even if I don't buy is ok because already have a few.. However I am interested in the ones to be launched by Temasek.. What is the name of the development? Maybe should consider only those that are not pushed by agents..

Afiniti by Pulau Indah(Temasek and Khazanah's JV).
Avira by E&O(Temasek and Khazanah's JV).

Afiniti only has 147 units for sale, very hard to get even if you want one. Heard that the prices will be around 9xx -1000 per sq ft.

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are these on sales now? Do you know where is the sales office? I am keen to buy direct..

Afiniti by Pulau Indah(Temasek and Khazanah's JV).
Avira by E&O(Temasek and Khazanah's JV).

Afiniti only has 147 units for sale, very hard to get even if you want one. Heard that the prices will be around 9xx -1000 per sq ft.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are these on sales now? Do you know where is the sales office? I am keen to buy direct..

Not yet.

Pulau Indah Ventures (Afiniti)

Add: Anchor 6, Mall of Medini
4 Lebuh Medini Utara
Medini Iskandar Malaysia

Tel: 07 5090388

www.afiniti.com.my

Eastern and Oriental Berhad (Avira)

Level 3A (Annexe), Menara Milenium
8 Jalan Damanlela, Damansara Heights
50490 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Tel: 03 2095 6868

Last edited:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I feel that Medini is reasonably priced. Priced at around RM750 psf before a 10% rebate, actual price is RM675psf. Even the cheapest HDB flats arent this cheap. Plus it is 129 years LH. from an financial investment calculation angle, it is almost freehold. also, there is the close proximity to commercial and medical services. from a lifestyle angle, Medini looks like a steal!

so why is Medini so cheap, you ask? There is still the risk that all these ideas remain as ideas. It is in Malaysia after all.

Medini is really hot rite now! I registered my interest with Mah Sing TWICE! and I got zero request for my cheque.

Last edited:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very bold predictions! I hope you are right! I am not as optimistic though. 50% growth in price by 2020, I think I would already be very happy.

And I also hope the Malaysian govt continues to be lax with the visa for foreign workers. More TKBs and Nusajaya would be my new playground!

I've estimated that my investment in 2010 will double in price within 5 years - It happened in 2.5years.

I've predicted that 'greed driven' demand will start coming here from 2012 - It happened since 2012(my posts can be found via a search in the forum, not bull-shitting) and you can see tens of thousands of such buyers today. Just Meridin's close-door ballot alone, there were maybe around a thousand people(news reported 1500).

Now I'm predicting that the big surge in real home seekers from Sg will start coming here starting 2015 and the numbers will grow thru the following 5 years. To be on the safe side, choose the best location to beat the huge future supply, and also to make the highest appreciation(but room for appreciation also depends on developer's selling price too, some locations are good but overpriced).

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Black 505 Rally coming to Johor tonight. There may be big jams around JB. Heard the rally site is at ulu Tiram, moved from original Sutera mall area.

kiteman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: State Authority Consent matters

Kam Sia...this is a direct purchase from developer. Now at least I know what to ask when I call up the lawyer. Frankly I do not see why developer would want to delay the consent application. I am even thinking of holding the progressive payment if I don't get this sort out as this is the exact condition for bank to disburse the fund to developer. Learning new thing everyday!

Just managed to get the Lawyer and Developer to submit the State Consent Application yesterday. There is a condition in which the title deed has to be transferred to us within 12 months after State Consent is approved. This is the reason why the lawyer and developer is delaying the application nearer to completion. However, after discussing with lawyer to understand the impact of the last adjustment of minimum purchase price from RM250k to RM500k, we decided to go ahead with the application to avoid any impact due to policy changes. Managed to work out with Developer on the title deed transfer matter as well in the event there is a delay. The above doesn't apply to Strata title (Condo etc) though.
Learn something again.... Don't take what the lawyer and developer have told you, you really have to do your home work in Boleh land.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depending on the type of properties you invest in, you might be surprised by the fast appreciation.
Somewhere in Nusajaya, price appreciated 90% in the last 6 months. It took the last 5 or 6 years for my cousin's mass market condo, Kovan Melody, to appreciate 90%.

Reits are also moving up, quite a few 20-30% since beginning of year. Momentum is building up in Stock markets too which if continued, will add fuel to the fire in Iskandar at least.

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is fun to catch the right wave.
In life you need not be right all of the time, just 3-5 times will do.

Time to place more bet. EL, HH prices are running away, but there are still a lot of landed coming soon. Just keep the radar on...

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I may be wrong, but with the huge supply coming up, & a generally untested rental market, I feel it may be better to put the money in freehold landed near commercial hubs (1st & 2nd link), instead of condo.

The only condo projects I am interested in are those within walking distance to RTS, but in the end, I decided to book another freehold landed near a 1st link commercial hub instead. Bearing in mind that Bukit Indah took more than 10 years to take off, I feel a lot of the condos investment are quite high risk.

This is esp as the price gap between JB condo and SG/KL condos are fast narrowing. But a wide gap remains between JB and SG/KL landed. Lastly my advice is: do not be caught at the tail end of the cycle when the music stops....... All these are just my personal opinion of course, and I may well be wrong as like our PM, I don't have 20/20 hindsight too. Hehe...

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Sunway Iskandar (very near the 2nd link)is worth a bet if it is freehold. They are known for tight security. Watch for it.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://homes.yahoo.com/news/chinese-are-pouring-money-into--super-cities--231006251.html

CNBC

Chinese investors can't seem to get enough of commercial real estate abroad - having already spent $1 billion in the first quarter on buying property, they are now on track to spend a whopping $5 billion for the whole year, according property services firm Jones Lang LaSalle.
If Chinese outbound investment in commercial property does hit $5 billion, as forecast, it will catapult the group to among the five biggest cross-border investors in this sector globally, according to Jones Lang LaSalle.
"It makes them an increasingly important player on the global scale," David Green-Morgan, research director, global capital markets at Jones Lang LaSalle told CNBC. "The last two years they've made more of a mark and that's when we've seen more of the outflow of capital from China coming."
Money flowing out of China into buying commercial real estate overseas reached $4 billion in 2012, according to Jones Lang LaSalle, which is 33 percent higher than in 2011.
The firm says Chinese investments have been growing in the top five "super cities" of Hong Kong, New York, London, Singapore and Sydney. The first three cities have seen investments of almost $2 billion to $3 billion between 2003 and 2012.
Green-Morgan said Chinese individual investors are mainly interested in the industrial and hotel space in these cities, while he's also seeing a lot of demand from companies.
"The Chinese government has a policy of globalizing Chinese companies, so we see a lot of demand from corporates who like to own their own buildings when they go overseas," Green-Morgan said. "They may rent some office space for a year or two and then look around for a building they can buy themselves."
Another reason for the huge Chinese interest in commercial property is because it's become easier for investors to take money out of China now, according to Green-Morgan.
"Institutional investors and high net worth individuals are able to transfer money out of China more easily now. That has been a big hurdle taken out of the way," he said.
According to Reuters, last month a group of Chinese investors including Zhang Xin, the chief executive of commercial real estate developer Soho China, was in talks to buy a 40 percent stake in the iconic General Motors building in Manhattan, New York, in a $3.4 billion deal – making it the most valuable office building in the U.S.
Global growth
There's been a shift in the past few years globally of rebalancing towards real estate as an investment class, Green-Morgan said.
Fears of a global economic slowdown this year so far has not dented global appetite for commercial property investment, Green- Morgan added.
"Our first quarter figures [of commercial property transactions] were up 20 percent on this time last year – we don't see a slowdown at the moment. People like the Chinese investors as well as lots of other investors from emerging markets are helping to push those volumes ever higher," said Green-Morgan, adding that the commercial property investment market could reach $1 trillion in value by 2030.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, I remember you were always saying about investment in JB since day 1 haha...Proven you're really a good investor by now :smile: Although i've only one house in JB for retirement and will remain that way, I also hope that you'll be right in your new prediction!

Status
Not open for further replies.