• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always look forward to reading Investor's posts because they make me feel very good :smile:

Yes, I remember you were always saying about investment in JB since day 1 haha...Proven you're really a good investor by now :smile: Although i've only one house in JB for retirement and will remain that way, I also hope that you'll be right in your new prediction!

Yes, I also remember the feeling of talking to myself when I talk about investing in Nusajaya in 2010.
The only two who replied me were Dapbest and Coolsaint, maybe both are here now with different nicks :wink:

Anyway, I just like to share my views and of course I would talk about the development I've bought. If I buy 'A' and always talk about 'B', then I must be a nutcase. I guess there will definitely be people who think that I'm an agent or maybe the marketing Director of 'A'. Laughing out loud!

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha.. you are also v the Best! Don't use Parang to rob people in JB.. try to use that in Singapore.. more money! though could die faster...

What different nick? In 2010 I said DAP is the best. Fast forward 2013 and isnt DAP still the best as they are the biggest Chinese party now displacing the irrelevant Gerakan and MCA?

I am alive and kicking and recently sold a few semis and bungalows in Nusajaya and trying to throw more money into Iskandar booming houses. My profits within a space of 2 years is RM 2.7 million. Read this. RM 2.7 million in 2 years and much of the initial capital outlay was even borrowed from the banks thru my businesses in Singapore.

Back then I was thinking of do-or-die. If I lose money, at least I declared bankrupt and continue staying in Spore and find a 1-room flat to rent or buy and sleep in it Cos I am single man without any liabilities. Or I could invest in a parang and start robbing people in Johor Bahru as its a good side income.

Nowadays I dont tell people around me where I buy because everyone throws money into where I wish to buy and end up I got to suck thumb

I am happy that Gelang Patah is now under my big boss Lim Kick Siang and DAP. It does show that my foresight and slogan of " DAP is the BEST" is true and accurate. I cant help but envy my own foresight and luck.

Before I end, I would like to reiterate that DAP is the BESTEST so please continue to support my boss Kit Siang in retaining Gelang Patah come GE 2013. UBAH the government, not UBAH the Gelang Patah MP

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Welcome back, I prefer this nick(dapbest) of yours because you use it to post bullish comments about Nusajaya back then. I have no comment about your other nicks ;D lol.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, I remember you were always saying about investment in JB since day 1 haha...Proven you're really a good investor by now :smile: Although i've only one house in JB for retirement and will remain that way, I also hope that you'll be right in your new prediction!

Ginfreely, other than getting extra for investments, I'm also here for retirement, I love the space and well manicured environment here.
I'm not here to act like a rich(I stay in HDB, not saying that all who stay in HDB are not rich ok) investment guru with great foresight(luck is on my side on this one).
I just like to share my views, that's all :wink:

I always look forward to reading Investor's posts because they make me feel very good :smile:

Glad that there are friends here who remember my post and look forward to it :smile:
Oh by the way, one of my replies to you here was being removed and moved to East Ledang's thread, please check it there.

Last edited:

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ginfreely, other than getting extra for investments, I'm also here for retirement, I love the space and well manicured environment here.
I'm not here to act like a rich(I stay in HDB, not saying that all who stay in HDB are not rich ok) investment guru with great foresight(luck is on my side on this one).

Glad that there are friends here who remember my post and look forward to it :smile:
Oh by the way, one of my replies to you here was being removed and moved to East Ledang's thread, please check it there.

When I was much younger and Singapore still not very expensive, I was staying at a 3 room hdb flat and in my car park was one mercedes owner.

I was told this man owns few properties at Orchard road collecting rental but stay at hdb as is subsidized and also get rebates. I guess many of those staying in hdb 3 room may not necessary be poor or just enough blokes. Also got smart and sharp investor staying who probably knows where to stretch their investment dollars and looking out for value-for-money moves.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls dont welcome me back. I am all along here watching from the sidelines and seeing my properties appreciate $10k every other month for 2-3 years. I only have one nick because I am loyal to my boss and party ( DAP ). Come next election in 2017, DAP sure win. Mark my word. Johor will fall to opposition and opposition will form government with Anwar as PM.

By-standers should just sell off their fully paid HDB flats for RM 1 million and come to Iskandar to buy up at least 5 to 10 properties along Medini or Puteri Harbour. 4-5 years later its another buy 1 get 1 free results like me and your 5 properties will all double. By that time you can go to night clubs in Peace Centre or Tiananmen or Lido etc to eat payayas every other nights.

Today is 16 May 2013, on 16 May 2017 which is 4 years later I will rise from the dead and post again here to show that my predictions are correct and that DAP is still the bestest as one the main component parties of the New Malaysia government. UBAH Ubah!

Jumpa Lagi

Oh common! You could be more generous than just posting one comment every 4 years.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Definitely, your investments have more than paid off handsomely, kudos to you. You should be doing very well already. So far, the highest amount (pure profit) made by someone i know in the last few years is about 7 million. Happy for him as i had to really convince him back then that his country still has lots of mileage left in it.

Btw, from what little i know, lots of transactions recently, even a large hotel is being marketed for 200 million.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nowadays HDB price very high too, those central area 5 rm or larger HDB flat owners i think all millionaire already.. Just heard that Icon 700+ square feet unit is selling for S$1.3m, so next year SG will have another 1848 millionaires when nearby Pinnacle@Duxon MOP is over and can start resale...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pinnacle@Duxton

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
properties in spore also appreciated 100% compared to 2 or 3 years ago so weather we r vested in mlsia or spore the difference is the exchange rate ,so its a game of who makes more?

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks RedsYNWA, this is great, thanks for your advice!

Brother Wuji, FYI - I called EL and LF, EL - zero, LF - Villa at RM5.8mil... Good land size and build up but price is beyond my mean.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sharing some pictures of food and some places. :smile:

Curry rice.jpg
My favourite middle of the night curry joint in Kovan area (Singapore)

Desaru.jpg
Good area for water sports, recreation and general value for money resort. Nice place for the family. They have
pools, game centres, paintball, atv riding etc. A little old but still a very nice place to go.

One of their sea fronting restaurants even had Thai singers and one even sang a Min Nan song today. "Che Zhan" or
railway station. I was the only guy who clapped, guess i was the only Hokkien there today.

Parasailing.jpg
Inspired by the many powered chutes that he saw in the Mutiara mas area, some even with Ubah flags on them.
I promised a young man he could have a go at the parachute. Rushed down straightaway after work a few times
but either wind was down or their speedboat was in use. Had to placate him with 2 rounds on a Jetski.
Finally, a promise made that was kept today. Kept it twice. :smile:

942457_10151469795989811_1978286224_n.jpg
Pineapple rice, they have nice spring rolls as well as other types of food. Nice place with Thai/Laos type of cuisine. Nice
drinks including the wood apple drink. Waitresses (from Philippines) seemed to have a fight the other day when we were
there. Food was authentic enough that a friend from Bangkok went back for seconds after coming out here for business.

486796_10151461661419811_2053310189_n.jpg
Toyota Celica "Convention" at Desaru Lotus Resort. Modded cars and gullwing doors aplenty. :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
310945_10151446502484811_37381080_n.jpg
Archery in Danga City Mall, they have bows for kids too and right next to it is a paintball arena.

479956_10151434436774811_192171014_n.jpg
Kampachi - They have a nice selection of teas and sake.

734447_10151372468374811_1899040669_n.jpg
Kampachi, this particular one was in JPO, 2nd floor.

538310_10151340919644811_605018490_n.jpg
Legoland, during CNY. Recently they closed earlier so the nearby Medini mall is quite empty after 8pm.

408735_10151260630174811_465224826_n.jpg
Traffic congestion in Melaka from a hotel room window, taken from Hatten hotel. Booked to watch fireworks
with wife as we could see the fireworks happening all around direct from our room. In fact, most rooms can see
it. Pretty nice restaurant too, one of the best selections ever encountered. Nice crabs too though mainly for my
wife. :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
For those who like authentic Japanese food, Ebisu near the new Public Bank branch is pretty nice. Not a fan of alcohol but they even have a brew with a taste i acquired from my time in Japan. Remembered this sake over the others as someone who was very kind poured me a cup even though he was supposed to be my "senior" but as a gaijin, i guess he made an exception for me. Still keep in touch with him and his family.

Roughly translated in English, the brew is known as 8 seas & mountains, the niigata style of brewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.