• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi bro investor, for sure you do not have school-going kids yet. Yesterday (Friday 5 Oct) was Childrens' Day in Singapore, schools' out.

I took leave and brought my family across...not for LL but Persada. Nicer prices, vs previous Persada a year ago. :smile:

As for LL, I was there last weekend but just too hot and trees not mature yet. I really hope they focus it on night time more because otherwise they will not get many repeat customers.

And I hope they stop messing around with the car park. Went there twice before, so annoying each time they move the access around to encourage people to park further away...

I read a comment in their FB page saying that they are looking at ways to maybe build more shelters.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Especially the older people in their 40s and 50s looking to add to their investment portfolio as still can get 80% loan in Malaysia till age 70. These people are the one with money and if they settle here we will see a bigger Singapore community here.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you Bro IR for the information.

Some of you would have also realised that the number of people browsing this particular forum has increased from the usual of 100 ppl (in the evening) to 250 ppl at some days recently. I am sure the publicity (in the news) on Iskandar/Nusajaya coupled with Legoland's opening recently must have escalated the public interest. Very very surprise to see the hits on "Horizon Hills"....Maybe some golfers trying to find their way there :smile:

Interesting observation at Google Trends:

http://www.google.com.sg/trends/explore#q=nusajaya&cmpt=q

If I read correctly, the Google search volume on Nusajaya increased steadily at around 10% per month from March to August. In September, the search volume increased approx 250% of August level. And, in October, during the first 6 days of the month, the search volume is already 82% of September level.

I did a similar search for East Ledang, Horizon Hills, Puteri Harbour and notice the jump in October, this is just based on Partial Data .......

http://www.google.com.sg/trends/explore#q=East Ledang, Horizon Hills, Puteri Harbour&cmpt=q

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello Kitty Town in Johor, 1st outside Japan

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Malaysia/Story/A1Story20120806-363591.html

If your kids are not tall enough to meet the minimum height requirements for the rides at Universal Studios Singapore, hop across the Causeway.

Malaysia is offering an option for families with young children: The Puteri Harbour Family Theme Park.

Located in Nusajaya, Johor, the park - set to open in mid-November - is a 20-minute drive from the Malaysia-Singapore Second Link at Tuas, and is 10 minutes from Legoland Malaysia.

Themed Attractions and Resorts managing director and chief executive Ahmad Burhanuddin calls the park "an ideal destination for a short weekend getaway, for some quality time together".

One of its key attractions is the Sanrio Hello Kitty Town, which is the first Hello Kitty theme park outside Japan.

Fans can look forward to a high-tech experience at the park's Black Wonder attraction and its interactive activities.

Another park feature is The Little Big Club, which will have a series of rides and activities with themes relating to international cartoon characters, such as Bob The Builder and Barney.

To wrap up a day of fun, families can enjoy a meal at Lat's Place, a restaurant which will bring illustrator Mohd Nor Khalid's famed Kampung Boy character to life.

[email protected]

Tickets for either Hello Kitty Town or The Little Big Club cost RM65 (S$26) each, while Combo tickets to both attractions cost RM85. To purchase, visit www.tar.com.my/PuteriHarbour

Last edited:

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to Home fair at Persada yday. Many ideas for ur home reno u can get there. Some really gd bargains. I looked at a 60" Sharp Led tv after conversion cost abt $2100+ whereas in spore the same model costs $2500+. Gd thing is they are not as pushy as spore homeshow to me at least. Still got time to go today last day.

Btw Sis Sanur i asked a similar type of structure like ur tree hse, there ey quote given abt rm20k.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to Home fair at Persada yday. Many ideas for ur home reno u can get there. Some really gd bargains. I looked at a 60" Sharp Led tv after conversion cost abt $2100+ whereas in spore the same model costs $2500+. Gd thing is they are not as pushy as spore homeshow to me at least. Still got time to go today last day.

Btw Sis Sanur i asked a similar type of structure like ur tree hse, there ey quote given abt rm20k.

Hi thanks, if u happen to b there again, please help to get contact for me for the tree house. Thanks

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Narmi

U lucky. I met very pushy supplier selling hoods n induction cooker. They luring me to buy both 5k pkys with 24 minths installnents. N keep wan me to place deposit lor. Stucked there 30mins. Never wan to sit down when other suppplier wan to expain details to me. I just collect brochures for reference .....

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, some sales person from booth can be very "sticky", time wasted if not really interested in their products.

We will be going today.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, some sales person from booth can be very "sticky", time wasted if not really interested in their products.

We will be going today.

True. Trick is ahh tell them ur hse will only be ready in 2yrs. If u say 1 yr not enuf cos they will say u can book 1yr in advance..if not just a firm no but thank u will suffice. Never buy under pressure i feel.

At furniture area HingFuat also got booth..very tempted but hse bot move in condition yet..

Btw Crystal did u check there the water filtration sys booth wic got outlet in Tesco BI?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
narmi

yes i saw e water filtration booth , e lady served me told me she work in tesco bi branch , so next time can look for her ..l. but i find e design not as modern as coway .... but price is reasonable ....

btwn, e pushhy hood supplier also sells penguin water filter ,they say they are very well known in msia ...

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I couldnt sleep well for the past few nights. Been thinking of shifting more investments into PH area.

I decided enough is enough and drove to PH hoping to check out more. The security guard is the only person i can trust to check out more about the bombardments happening across the border in tengah.

According to him, the live firing happen twice a week. Around 9 or 10am start. He can hear it very clearly as its damn loud. He can also hear the roaring of the jets. The sounds from the live firings is enough to jolt him from his afternoon naps and enough to deter him from fallling asleep as the ground shakes. His shelter shakes very often during the exercise.

The only consolation is that night time its peaceful.

This is from the horse mouth, someone who has been based in PH. Asking those contractors or visitors are useless as they are not based there.

I have never experienced it in my visits to PH (only twice in day time).... your question is intriguing because the new ferry CIQ of PH has been announced. Cant imagine public ferry crossing the zone .... let along attracting international yachters from berthing in PH and investing in high end condos there. Lets hope there will be some good news bw the 2 govs on this matter...

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
No worries, out of respect for you sir, this post will remain. :smile:
Normally it is the month before Hari Raya that we really see great discounts though but i am sure you can negotiate something.
Yes, if you are able to get the direct guys who will be doing the job. In fact, if you spend a bit of time in Perling area, i am sure
you can save some money already.

I had the most stressful weekend at the Persada but it was most efficient at the same time. Stressful because devil always in the details and it was a very tiring process when forced to go into the details and negotiating all the time because everything added up.

But I enjoyed it immensely because I managed to eke out a significant 25% savings vs my own estimations (derived from my homework of previous Persada). :smile:

If you plan to buy from Persada, you must do your homework (by checking quotes in previous Persada or online and understand specs of what you intend to buy and get a good idea or your needs in your new place) or else you will be swamped and get lost in the details and never know if you buying at good value or not on that day.

Never have I spent so much money with so many vendors in one-go in one day buying major stuff. But happy with the freebies negotiated into each and also the extra discounts. Thats because I know when I can push for what and how far.

Efficient because in one day purchases cover major vendors of dry & wet kitchen and the hood, hobs, ovens, bed, mattress, wardrobe, dresser for rooms, sofa sets. Making informed purchases from discussing with the vendors 'experts' and comparison right there and then.. A process that if not for Persada, would have taken me too many precious weekends. This savings in time is not quantifiable but very significant. :smile:

Also learned a lot about prices of electrical appliances and most important, form a better plan to buy these from one or two of the electrical shops later, eg Perling, Bestari. This is because you have to consider the installations and one shop or two doing them will be most efficient.

In addition, I learned that ID is just an added complication and cost for myself, so I do not go with them. The homework process gave me an idea of what I try to achieve in my home. Then buy from Persada, and let the vendors install.

Celebrated with a very very delicous dinner of beggar's chicken at a special place in JB.

House not yet ready but it has been a special journey thus far.. Special thanks for good advice to all forumers on this topic, esp wuqi, crystal, teck, and lyc396......

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had the most stressful weekend at the Persada but it was most efficient at the same time. Stressful because devil always in the details and it was a very tiring process when forced to go into the details and negotiating all the time because everything added up.

But I enjoyed it immensely because I managed to eke out a significant 25% savings vs my own estimations (derived from my homework of previous Persada). :smile:

If you plan to buy from Persada, you must do your homework (by checking quotes in previous Persada or online and understand specs of what you intend to buy and get a good idea or your needs in your new place) or else you will be swamped and get lost in the details and never know if you buying at good value or not on that day.

Never have I spent so much money with so many vendors in one-go in one day buying major stuff. But happy with the freebies negotiated into each and also the extra discounts. Thats because I know when I can push for what and how far.

Efficient because in one day purchases cover major vendors of dry & wet kitchen and the hood, hobs, ovens, bed, mattress, wardrobe, dresser for rooms, sofa sets. Making informed purchases from discussing with the vendors 'experts' and comparison right there and then.. A process that if not for Persada, would have taken me too many precious weekends. This savings in time is not quantifiable but very significant. :smile:

Also learned a lot about prices of electrical appliances and most important, form a better plan to buy these from one or two of the electrical shops later, eg Perling, Bestari. This is because you have to consider the installations and one shop or two doing them will be most efficient.

In addition, I learned that ID is just an added complication and cost for myself, so I do not go with them. The homework process gave me an idea of what I try to achieve in my home. Then buy from Persada, and let the vendors install.
Hi bro contra, when will ur house be ready? Mind sharing how you did your homework online or at previous home fairs? Do you get quotations from a few vendors and go into details? Perhaps you can PM me if the process/reply is too lengthy. My house will only be ready in another 6-8 months; but I need to start early because my wife is due in 6 months. Thanks.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today ST reported that foreign students coming to study in Singapore drop sharply because of the high costs, difficulty and uncertainty in getting a place in schools, polytechnics and private institution. Most making a beeline for Malaysia. I think chances are that many will be enrolling in the universities at edu park. Not only that work has commenced on the mega oil hub in pengerang. Guess Singapore is screwed and Malaysia esp Johore will benefit at its expense.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
The first time my wife and I went to Legoland was on a Sunday. Out of 20 cars in the car park, only around 1 is a Singapore car.
I felt really disappointed that so few Singaporeans are interested to visit such a nice international theme park in Johor.

We went there again today and to our Surprise... Out of 20 cars, around 10-12 are Singapore cars :eek:
Yes, there were more Singaporeans than Malaysians at Legoland today.

We've have gotten so used to travelling by car so we have forgotten that most Singaporeans don't drive. I see the CCs and RCs around the island organising trips to Legoland with shopping, bus transfer and dinners thrown in at quite affordable price. So the number of Singaporean visitors could be quite significant if this is taken into account.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, congrats on your savings in Rm and time.
The running about just to source for things is very time consuming, yet one cannot really rely on the "all in one" solution, especially the property is for own-stay.

We wanted to visit Home Fair too but our spirits were dampened by a delay in the paperwork of our purchase. I guess just have to go for the next fair then.

House not yet ready but it has been a special journey thus far.. Special thanks for good advice to all forumers on this topic, esp wuqi, crystal, teck, and lyc396......

Status
Not open for further replies.