• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have received quite a number of PM regarding my post on the "noise pollution" from Tengah restricted area just opposite Puterie Harbour. Apparently many thought it was a sensitive topic and therefore PM me instead of posting into forums.

Please bear in mind my fellow investors or residents, picture this, you are in your penthouse of imperia facing Singapore coast. Tengah is just 500m away. And do you guys actually know where are the training grounds and base of our F-16s? Tengah Airbase. Lucky from Horizon Hills I dint hear the fighter jets screaming past above me. This is a big problem in some residents living in CCK and it was in forums. And mind you, CCK is about 5km away at least. PH is 500m away.

Believe it or not my friends

Here is the link to google map that shows Tengah Airbase airstrip:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=tenga...5&hq=tengah+airbase,&hnear=Singapore&t=m&z=13

You can clearly see that both CCK and Jurong Lake District are much closer to the airstrip than Puteri Harbour. If CCK if 5 KM away, Puteri Harbour is at least 10 KM away, as the crow flies.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having stayed at Sungei Gedong camp for 2 years, I dont think the live firing and jet fighters are major issues. But I do find other types of sounds in Malaysia, to be louder than Singapore's. I find those sound issues are more problematic to me.

Then again, I am staying next to a construction site + temple in Singapore, and I have more or less gotten used to the noise.... so I think PH should be ok lah....

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro, I come from a small town; but I'm 99% confirm going to settle down in Iskandar and plant my roots here. After more than 20 or 30 yrs working away from my hometown, I have nothing to pull me back, not even the allure of cheap properties and food.

So, although these Msians have such an option, most that I know rarely exercises that option.

Yea, I m joining your bandwagon to start anew in Iskandar too.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is the link to google map that shows Tengah Airbase airstrip:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=tenga...5&hq=tengah+airbase,&hnear=Singapore&t=m&z=13

You can clearly see that both CCK and Jurong Lake District are much closer to the airstrip than Puteri Harbour. If CCK if 5 KM away, Puteri Harbour is at least 10 KM away, as the crow flies.

Tengah is military airbase and military aircraft can fly over Singapore airspace only. So nearby CCK, Jurong West areas within the airplanes flight paths would be impacted by the noise. I experience this numerous times having lived in Jurong West extension and then Lakeside area.
At least Lakeside area no longer can hear those big arty pieces doing live firing. I used to hear them alot when living in Jurong West extension near NTU. Sounds almost like a big battle going on at a distance. I think prolly live firing sounds may be heard from Puteri Harbour but I doubt fighter jet sounds can be heard cos they are not supposed to fly over Malaysian airspace.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
What sounds are coming from malaysia side may i know? Cos all along it was supposed to be deep vegetation

Err.........too sensitive to be discussed in public forum........ I not referring to PH but in general, living in Malaysia.... Wasnt used to it at first.... But with tv on, its not too bad lah...

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Err.........too sensitive to be discussed in public forum........ I not referring to PH but in general, living in Malaysia.... Wasnt used to it at first.... But with tv on, its not too bad lah...

Are u referring to the Muslim prayers call? If it is, u have to get use to it i.e. if u r going to live in Msia. Like it or not. Cos JB is no Sinkie land.

Was at Kota Raya tat day. Teres a Hindu temple, Chinese temple and a Mosque. They are all within walking distance among themselves. Occasionally I could hear bells chiming away fm the Hindu temple. Quite loud though. But i have no issue with tat.:smile:

Last edited:

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi
May i know typically how frequent are the prayers? And how long each session? Agree we have to live with it. Can be quite soothing too, right?

Are u referring to the Muslim prayers call? If it is, u have to get use to it i.e. if u r going to live in Msia. Like it or not. Cos JB is no Sinkie land.

Was at Kota Raya tat day. Teres a Hindu temple, Chinese temple and a Mosque. They are all within walking distance among themselves. Occasionally I could hear bells chiming away fm the Hindu temple. Quite loud though. But i have no issue with tat.:smile:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi
May i know typically how frequent are the prayers? And how long each session? Agree we have to live with it. Can be quite soothing too, right?

Hi austin

The are 5 prayer calls in a day which lasted typically 3-4mins.

Yes, it is soothing. Especially so if one who call for prayer have a melodious voice. imo

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Published: Friday October 5, 2012 MYT 5:11:00 PM

Johor is to emerge as the richest state in Malaysia by 2025

JOHOR BARU: Johor is to emerge as the richest state in Malaysia by 2025, overtaking Selangor, if the current trend of development pace and investment inflows continues, an analyst with an investment bank said Friday.

Dr Nazri Khan, Affin Investment Bank Vice-President and Retail Research Head, said the projection was not something impossible to achieve with Iskandar Malaysia, one of the five economic corridors in Malaysia, having attracted more than one-fourth of the RM383bil total investment target by 2025.

He said the economic growth brought to Johor by Khazanah Nasional Bhd, the government's investment arm, is seen as among concerted initiatives by the government to establish an economic hub in Johor outside the Klang Valley.

"We will see Johor transform into an Orlando in Florida and become Asia's Theme Park Hub with the presence of at least four theme parks in the state.

"They include Legoland Malaysia which opened recently, Puteri Harbour Family Entertainment Centre and Austin Heights Water Theme Park is due to open its doors soon. All these parks will provide ample jobs to our youths," he said. - Bernama

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/10/5/nation/20121005171154&sec=nation

Hongqigong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me too lived in Sungei Gegong for 2years.. The live firing, illum I the middle of the nights, the helicopter are pretty nice part of my memory..

In Singaoore I lived in a house beside bus stop for 20 years.. Now also live near to a small road. Used to be quiet but now usually can heard the roar of Ferrari, labo in the middle of the night. I would prefer the sound of insects or birds.. Oh man, there are more and more flashy cars in Singapore....the gap is getting wide.. Nusajaya is my new haven.

Having stayed at Sungei Gedong camp for 2 years, I dont think the live firing and jet fighters are major issues. But I do find other types of sounds in Malaysia, to be louder than Singapore's. I find those sound issues are more problematic to me.

Then again, I am staying next to a construction site + temple in Singapore, and I have more or less gotten used to the noise.... so I think PH should be ok lah....

Hongqigong

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think he is referring to the bikers sounds along coastal highway? I find the Muslim prayer early in the mornings very peaceful.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The first time my wife and I went to Legoland was on a Sunday. Out of 20 cars in the car park, only around 1 is a Singapore car.
I felt really disappointed that so few Singaporeans are interested to visit such a nice international theme park in Johor.

We went there again today and to our Surprise... Out of 20 cars, around 10-12 are Singapore cars :eek:
Yes, there were more Singaporeans than Malaysians at Legoland today.

Last edited:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
The first time my wife and I went to Legoland was on a Sunday. Out of 20 cars in the car park, only around 1 is a Singapore car.
I felt really disappointed that so few Singaporeans are interested to visit such a nice international theme park in Johor.

We went there again today and to our Surprise... Out of 20 cars, around 10-12 are Singapore cars :eek:

8 are SPR :biggrin:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
601503_10151115546879667_2134293748_n.jpg

When you pass by Legoland while driving along Coastal Highway and you see an empty car park, don't be mistaken that Legoland is deserted or that it'll be another white elephant. That's because everyone parked their cars at Mall of Medini's car park. See below.

550456_10151115550734667_1603878668_n.jpg

602286_10151115551529667_526905198_n.jpg

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where were all these SPRs during our first visit on Sunday the 23rd of Sept? :confused:

hi bro investor, for sure you do not have school-going kids yet. Yesterday (Friday 5 Oct) was Childrens' Day in Singapore, schools' out.

I took leave and brought my family across...not for LL but Persada. Nicer prices, vs previous Persada a year ago. :smile:

As for LL, I was there last weekend but just too hot and trees not mature yet. I really hope they focus it on night time more because otherwise they will not get many repeat customers.

And I hope they stop messing around with the car park. Went there twice before, so annoying each time they move the access around to encourage people to park further away...

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Investor... It's exam season, exam season!!!!

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi bro investor, for sure you do not have school-going kids yet. Yesterday (Friday 5 Oct) was Childrens' Day in Singapore, schools' out.

I took leave and brought my family across...not for LL but Persada. Nicer prices, vs previous Persada a year ago. :smile:

As for LL, I was there last weekend but just too hot and trees not mature yet. I really hope they focus it on night time more because otherwise they will not get many repeat customers.

And I hope they stop messing around with the car park. Went there twice before, so annoying each time they move the access around to encourage people to park further away...

Investor... It's exam season, exam season!!!!

No wonder there were so many Singaporeans yesterday(Friday). Only parents with school going kids will know =D

Last edited:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder! Only parents with school going kids will know =D

Oh... No wonder u r as free as a bird! So much investigation.. My family might validate our family annual pass on marking days, hopefully the weather is good on that day n more people too..

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh... No wonder u r as free as a bird! So much investigation.. My family might validate our family annual pass on marking days, hopefully the weather is good on that day n more people too..

Hahaha you still remember the 'investigator' topic =D
Or maybe you were spooked, that's why you cannot forget ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.