• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat If I buy property in JB, am I a Single Traitor?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Under Najib msia wld b bankrupt in no time:sleep:
On the contrary, Najib's government did show that investments had come into Malaysia, albeit mostly from China. Now with Mahathir and combined with his continued antagonisms with China (and all Chinese if I could also say) and the US, how is Malaysia going to prosper in the coming years? These 2 are the world's 2 biggest economies and even if you don't like them, you just cannot afford to make trade enemies with them. The Ringgit's valuation will tell a lot about the economic health and the political governance of Malaysia. The ideal exchange rate should be about S$1.00=RM1.80. But I think even when I'm gone, this will still not happen.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the contrary, Najib's government did show that investments had come into Malaysia, albeit mostly from China. Now with Mahathir and combined with his continued antagonisms with China (and all Chinese if I could also say) and the US, how is Malaysia going to prosper in the coming years? These 2 are the world's 2 biggest economies and even if you don't like them, you just cannot afford to make trade enemies with them. The Ringgit's valuation will tell a lot about the economic health and the political governance of Malaysia. The ideal exchange rate should be about S$1.00=RM1.80. But I think even when I'm gone, this will still not happen.

If investment brings in job opportunities for the locals then is alright. Look at sinkieland. So many jobs available. But whos the taker?

I have full trust in Tun. Remember the Financial crisis 1997? Most of Asian countries borrowed from IMF. Herd mentality. But not Tun. Anwar wanted to increase lending rates. But Tun insisted in lowering instead. Benefits SME. Insisted no borrowing from IMF and peg US$ to M$ and was ridiculed by western countries. Even Sinkieland also dont agree. But end of the day who managed to save Msia? Whos policy was the right one?

I believe M$ will improve but not to 1.80 lah. Again, cheap ex rates doesnt mean bad for the economy. Its good for tourism. And we know tourism is one area where it creates lots of jobs opportunities. U have strong home currency. So? Just look at Sinkieland. Everything bloody expensive. At least in Msia u can see for urself and compare with sinkieland what are the things that are real cheap.

Relationship with China and US will improve. Tun already 93. Hopefully Anwar wont be like Najib or Pak Lah. Mati katak nanti.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
If investment brings in job opportunities for the locals then is alright. Look at sinkieland. So many jobs available. But whos the taker?

I have full trust in Tun. Remember the Financial crisis 1997? Most of Asian countries borrowed from IMF. Herd mentality. But not Tun. Anwar wanted to increase lending rates. But Tun insisted in lowering instead. Benefits SME. Insisted no borrowing from IMF and peg US$ to M$ and was ridiculed by western countries. Even Sinkieland also dont agree. But end of the day who managed to save Msia? Whos policy was the right one?

I believe M$ will improve but not to 1.80 lah. Again, cheap ex rates doesnt mean bad for the economy. Its good for tourism. And we know tourism is one area where it creates lots of jobs opportunities. U have strong home currency. So? Just look at Sinkieland. Everything bloody expensive. At least in Msia u can see for urself and compare with sinkieland what are the things that are real cheap.

Relationship with China and US will improve. Tun already 93. Hopefully Anwar wont be like Najib or Pak Lah. Mati katak nanti.
To be frank, it's not no job for Sinkies. It's mainly because Sinkies are too choosy. I have to admit that Sinkies are totally spoiled. If a Johorean staying in Kulai can wake up at 4am to come to work in Singapore and not return back home until 8.30pm on all weekdays, why can't a Sinkie take that job by taking the MRT at 7.30am and be home by 5.30pm instead? Sinkies will always complain: too far, no weekends, low salary, odd hours, etc.

Yes, the currency control imposed by Mahathir back in 1997 was the right move. This I agree. But do you also know that during Mahathir's governance, he had also lost some Billions (RM) in forex trading? But are you sure that Anwar can become the next PM? I very much doubt so. His daughter had already thrown in the towel and called it quit.

You complain that everything is expensive in Singapore. It is not true that the cost of living in Malaysia, for the Malaysians, are cheap as well. Those average people working and living in JB are also complaining that their cost of living are ever increasing. Your comparison is bias because you are earning in S$ and spending in RM. In this way, of course, the exchange rate is already benefitting you. I find that many imported items in JB are on par or only slightly cheaper than in Singapore, vis-a-vis the S$/RM exchange rate. Some are even more expensive, eg: Imported fragrant rice and milk packs (not infant formula). So, don't you think the locals here will find it even worse when their salaries are in RM?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be frank, it's not no job for Sinkies. It's mainly because Sinkies are too choosy. I have to admit that Sinkies are totally spoiled. If a Johorean staying in Kulai can wake up at 4am to come to work in Singapore and not return back home until 8.30pm on all weekdays, why can't a Sinkie take that job by taking the MRT at 7.30am and be home by 5.30pm instead? Sinkies will always complain: too far, no weekends, low salary, odd hours, etc.

Yes, the currency control imposed by Mahathir back in 1997 was the right move. This I agree. But do you also know that during Mahathir's governance, he had also lost some Billions (RM) in forex trading? But are you sure that Anwar can become the next PM? I very much doubt so. His daughter had already thrown in the towel and called it quit.

You complain that everything is expensive in Singapore. It is not true that the cost of living in Malaysia, for the Malaysians, are cheap as well. Those average people working and living in JB are also complaining that their cost of living are ever increasing. Your comparison is bias because you are earning in S$ and spending in RM. In this way, of course, the exchange rate is already benefitting you. I find that many imported items in JB are on par or only slightly cheaper than in Singapore, vis-a-vis the S$/RM exchange rate. Some are even more expensive, eg: Imported fragrant rice and milk packs (not infant formula). So, don't you think the locals here will find it even worse when their salaries are in RM?
KNN there is 1 thing about certain universal brand items eg pharmaceutical gillette, Gatsby, adidas , etc the rm price is some time even more ex than sg price KNN considering the exchange rates does it mean the common mudlansian will not be using all these products ? KNN

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

No one is

Plenty of jobs ,but you must know what kind of job and what kind of pay they are paying. If these are the kind of job and pay only Malaysians can do, then don't waste time.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN there is 1 thing about certain universal brand items eg pharmaceutical gillette, Gatsby, adidas , etc the rm price is some time even more ex than sg price KNN considering the exchange rates does it mean the common mudlansian will not be using all these products ? KNN
You go to malaysia only for food and petrol and nothing else

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I always hear the same tune.....sinkies are choosy. Not all are choosy. Some choosy cos of the pay. Not cos nature of work. If i am a Msian, staying in kulai, i wouldnt mind coming to sinkieland. Why not when i can earn 3x more than my peers whos working in JB/Msia. Lets say a welder job...just like my jiuhukia neighbour. He earned plus OT $2000 that translate to M$6000 pm. Good pay...shouldnt be choosy. If I am paid S$6000 pm as a welder, why should i reject? But no...i only paid $2000 pm as a sinkie, living and spending in Sinkieland. I will try to look elsewhere for higher pay cos i need to feed my family here. U call that choosy? Just like security job or cleaner. Have few relatives....uncles and aunties...working security officer. Mentioned many many times leow....6 days week including sat, sun and PH...12 hrs shift day/nite, only 4 off days in a month. Where got choosy? U know hw much they are paid....only $2200 gross pm. U tell me this type of pay, working condition, standing 12 hrs....cushy job? Choosy?

Then how about our garment...sovereignty funds? Making tons of money? Never loss?

Yes...tere are some goods that are expensive than Sinkieland eg electronic goods. But essential goods by and large are cheaper than sinkieland. Essential needs like Medical...u know how much Msian are charged at public clinic? U know how much my msian relative wife paid when she delivered her child at maternity ward? U will be shocked when compared to Sinkie hosp/poly? Utilities....u go compare u will be shocked too when compared to Sinkieland. Aiyoh banyak lah bang. U dont be biase...go compare those essential stuffs between Msia and Sinkieland. Even when they are jobless they can any time have a cart along side the road and earn a living. Kamp house can even convert into a "restaurant". Dont even have to pay a single sen to the garment. Hows tat? Sure can survive lah those jiuhukia. But not sinkies. Sinkies mati katak.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Plenty of jobs ,but you must know what kind of job and what kind of pay they are paying. If these are the kind of job and pay only Malaysians can do, then don't waste time.

Precisely. But 70% sinkies said 30% sinkies are fussy and choosy with jobs. For$2000 pay of course jiuhukia grab lah..translated to M$6000. We sinkies have family to feed, live here with $2000 per mth. How to make ends meet like that?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always hear the same tune.....sinkies are choosy. Not all are choosy. Some choosy cos of the pay. Not cos nature of work. If i am a Msian, staying in kulai, i wouldnt mind coming to sinkieland. Why not when i can earn 3x more than my peers whos working in JB/Msia. Lets say a welder job...just like my jiuhukia neighbour. He earned plus OT $2000 that translate to M$6000 pm. Good pay...shouldnt be choosy. If I am paid S$6000 pm as a welder, why should i reject? But no...i only paid $2000 pm as a sinkie, living and spending in Sinkieland. I will try to look elsewhere for higher pay cos i need to feed my family here. U call that choosy? Just like security job or cleaner. Have few relatives....uncles and aunties...working security officer. Mentioned many many times leow....6 days week including sat, sun and PH...12 hrs shift day/nite, only 4 off days in a month. Where got choosy? U know hw much they are paid....only $2200 gross pm. U tell me this type of pay, working condition, standing 12 hrs....cushy job? Choosy?

Singapore's remuneration commensurate with educational qualification. Go to those big cities, New York, London, Tokyo, etc. They're the same as well. That's how a nation progresses. Most security guards (except their supervisors) are with Secondary education at most whilst some don't even complete Secondary 4. You expect these to earn above S$2,500? Even though the guy in Kulai earns x3 in RM, but he is also paying at between x2 and x2.5 in RM for his general expenses. A bowl of decent Wantan noodles (equivalent in standard to those in Singapore) will easily cost RM9 and above. Work that out for yourself. Please don't compare with those fritters that come with only 4 small shreds of char-siews and 2 miserable pieces of Wantans. Oh, I forget that you're a Malay and don't take pork. My apologies.

Yes...tere are some goods that are expensive than Sinkieland eg electronic goods. But essential goods by and large are cheaper than sinkieland. Essential needs like Medical...u know how much Msian are charged at public clinic? U know how much my msian relative wife paid when she delivered her child at maternity ward? U will be shocked when compared to Sinkie hosp/poly? Utilities....u go compare u will be shocked too when compared to Sinkieland. Aiyoh banyak lah bang. U dont be biase...go compare those essential stuffs between Msia and Sinkieland. Even when they are jobless they can any time have a cart along side the road and earn a living. Kamp house can even convert into a "restaurant". Dont even have to pay a single sen to the garment. Hows tat? Sure can survive lah those jiuhukia. But not sinkies. Sinkies mati katak.
Only products produced or sourced domestically are cheap. When your currency is weak, obviously you cannot expect to pay reasonable prices for imported products. It's totally illogical and just doesn't make sense. Yes, the charges in public hospitals are dirt cheap in Malaysia, because these are heavily subsidized by their government. However, this is also being slowly curtailed because their government had already announced that these subsidies will be gradually reduced effective 2019. Also, have you ever stepped into any 1 of them before? The environment and general facilities provided are pathetic as compared to even Singapore's public hospitals. You pay for what you get. This cannot be help because to be cheap will always come with only the basic provisions and they are okay with the average Malays because what they want is a place to attend to their illness and medical requirement. There's no need for any extravagance and they don't even complain because they knew very well that they'll have to pay x5 more for private medical treatment.

I have to also admit that nowadays, the public hospitals in Singapore are too conservative and will always make you do a lot of unnecessary tests and diagnostics. They always like to ask you to do biopsies, scope tests, etc. These are expensive and in most cases are not really necessary. I believe this practice is to beef up their hospital revenues and I find it not very ethical. They should have instead start with the basic oral or application treatments and only if the symptoms will still persists after these treatments, further tests should then be accorded. But in most cases, they'll straightaway ask you to make the next appointment for all these unnecessary tests (most of the times) and the patient will eventually feel all these extra costs at each visit to the hospital.

It is a known fact that living in Singapore is not cheap, but at the same time, still manageable if one learns to be prudent, especially for those average ones. The trouble is because almost everyone wants to be seen as "achievable" to their neighbors and relatives. During my teenage years, do I have tablets, handphones, eat McDonalds, etc. No..... I play with marbles, carom boards and eat whatever is provided on the table. I travel to my destinations by bicycle if they are within reasonable distance, not by air-con buses nor MRTs, not to mention even Taxis. Times have changed and expectations have increased. Cannot compare with those past years. That's why I'll still say that the majority of Sinkies are spoiled, both in their living patterns and work/salary expectations. Tame down one's expectations and can still be manageable.

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lower exchange good can sell more liulian and palm oil. Cross causeway earn more worth than working in KL. What is there not to like or no good at all? Civil service. That is why Sing dollar must remain strong regardless of consequences. :cool:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are clearly 2 types of people who buy properties in JB

1) Can only afford 1 damn property, but can't can't quite afford more than 1 mil in Singapore to buy condo

2) Can afford to buy multiple properties all over the world

Guess where most loser Sinkies belong to?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are clearly 2 types of people who buy properties in JB

1) Can only afford 1 damn property, but can't can't quite afford more than 1 mil in Singapore to buy condo

2) Can afford to buy multiple properties all over the world

Guess where most loser Sinkies belong to?
KNN something not quite right with (2) KNN why would they buy jb properties if they can afford all over the world KNN ahhh KNN they like firecrackers type is it KNN