• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how to make friend with girl I see at mrt everyday?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just want to make friend. punggol to buonavista is long journey. see her almost every morning at same mrt door and she is alone too. i think no boyfriend

Do not make that assumption.
The issue is not whether or not she has a bf, but whether or not she is married.
If she is not married, simply say hello, and indicate that she appears to be on the MRT at the same time as you, most days of the week.
What a coincidence? Do you wish to meet for a coffee?

啊中母鸡排真好吃

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is there any thing special that a person is English educated?
From this post, it does not reflect that you are English educated or speak and write English fluently.

my english o level b4. parents chinese educated and speak mainly hokkien at home.so every time see those chiobu usually like good english tokong type. me also no dare to chase them.i know my own weakness...

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my english o level b4. parents chinese educated and speak mainly hokkien at home.so every time see those chiobu usually like good english tokong type. me also no dare to chase them.i know my own weakness...

Then, may be, consider improving your English, and be more confident, and take chances.
How old are you?

啊中母鸡排真好吃

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do not make that assumption.
The issue is not whether or not she has a bf, but whether or not she is married.
If she is not married, simply say hello, and indicate that she appears to be on the MRT at the same time as you, most days of the week.
What a coincidence? Do you wish to meet for a coffee?
Not brave enough.
Why not?
What is there to lose?
Who Dares, Wins.
Just do it.
So what if she say NO, or ignore, try another lady.
if kenna rejected or she think i teeko,next time i got to change train compartment and cannot beo her anymore...

啊中母鸡排真好吃

Alfrescian
Loyal
not that young, but not old.
Be confident, and a little more aggressive, but be polite and pleasant.
Are you tall (say 170 cm or taller, and about 65 kg) and reasonably good looking
no lah. i not tall handsome type. only 168 169, not even 170.most girl wear high heels already taller than me. and i no carry branded things. which girl will like gshock guy. chio one will always go for rich boy angmoh speaking type, right? but then, i also don't blame them. which chio girl don't want comfortable life. if i chio girl, i also want handsome man, comfortable, got car, got condo.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no lah. i not tall handsome type. only 168 169, not even 170.most girl wear high heels already taller than me. and i no carry branded things. which girl will like gshock guy. chio one will always go for rich boy angmoh speaking type, right? but then, i also don't blame them. which chio girl don't want comfortable life. if i chio girl, i also want handsome man, comfortable, got car, got condo.

first, please consider my suggestion:
You may wish to speak and write generally more acceptable standard English, such as (to use the facts from your response)
"No, I am neither tall nor handsome. About 169 cm tall, where most of the younger ladies with high heels, may appear taller than me. I do not believe in branded consumer items. Whereas, it appears that most of the beautiful young ladies would prefer a financially rich English speaking boyfriend. It is logical to prefer a financially wealthy bf or husband, every thing else being equal, because a reasonable person would desire a more comfortable life, such as a good looking spouse, a motor vehicle and a condominium."

If this may be any encouragement and comfort to you:
After graduation from university in Singapore, I worked a few months in SG, even before the final results were announced.
I attended my reservist training that year, and in June that year, as a reservist officer, I attended and completed the Armour and Infantry Officers Advanced Course (used to be called SATO - School of Advanced Training for Officers), as the Best Candidate. Shortly after, I left SG and came to Canada.
It means that I have to start life fresh, re: work and live in a new country without knowing any person, and qualify in a new country.
Compared to most individuals whom I know, I am a late starter re: getting married and raising children.
How I met my wife, is probably also unusual, because at the then (no longer around since the mid 1990's) Metro Toronto International Caravan (a multi ethnic and multi cultural event over a ten day period from mid to late June each year) Toronto Caravan, it appears that she has noticed that I asked many girls to dance, but most of them turned me down. One evening in June 1990, she came from behind me, to ask me to dance, At the end of that evening, I asked her, that if she is going to that "Kiev" pavilion (the Ukrainian National Federation Hall in downtown Toronto) the next evening, and if she is, then I will ask her to dance, otherwise, may be we could exchange telephone numbers.
We were married in 1995, and we have four children.
Unlike most parents, we do not have any of our parents in Toronto, to help us with baby sitting and other matters.

Be positive, take polite and bold (or may be bolder than your current plans) steps towards your goals.
One small step at a time.
If you do not try, you will not know.
WHO DARES, WINS.

Good luck and good health.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
@Charlie99 Kindly allow me to suggest to TS to adopt this logo. He could even buy t-shirts bearing this emblem to boost his confidence.

SAS-main-larger.jpg

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[glockman],

A very good suggestion.
I used to live by that "motto"
I prefer WHO DARES, WINS, rather than "For Honour and Glory"
I desire to win all the time, but do not need the glory.
At my SATO course, there was another commando LTA, who is an outstanding officer,
a very gentleman looking guy, not super solid physique, not garang, but as good any other commando officer.
Whereas, when I was a recruit, a CPL, an SAF officer, or reservist officer, I was always on the ball.
But unlike the SOTF LTC Fred C, who was a USA Navy SEAL, and an elite, I was just average.

Enjoy your day.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
169cm is short arse for a guy. she may look down on you thinking your kkj is also short.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may wish to speak and write generally more acceptable standard English, such as (to use the facts from your response)
"No, I am neither tall nor handsome. About 169 cm tall, where most of the younger ladies with high heels, may appear taller than me. I do not believe in branded consumer items. Whereas, it appears that most of the beautiful young ladies would prefer a financially rich English speaking boyfriend. It is logical to prefer a financially wealthy bf or husband, every thing else being equal, because a reasonable person would desire a more comfortable life, such as a good looking spouse, a motor vehicle and a condominium."

After graduation from university in Singapore, I worked a few months in SG, even before the final results were announced.
I attended my reservist training that year, and in June that year, as a reservist officer, I attended and completed the Armour and Infantry Officers Advanced Course (used to be called SATO - School of Advanced Training for Officers), as the Best Candidate. Shortly after, I left SG and came to Canada.
It means that I have to start life fresh, re: work and live in a new country without knowing any person, and qualify in a new country.
Compared to most individuals whom I know, I am a late starter re: getting married and raising children.
How I met my wife, is probably also unusual, because at the then (no longer around since the mid 1990's) Metro Toronto International Caravan (a multi ethnic and multi cultural event over a ten day period from mid to late June each year) Toronto Caravan, it appears that she has noticed that I asked many girls to dance, but most of them turned me down. One evening in June 1990, she came from behind me, to ask me to dance, At the end of that evening, I asked her, that if she is going to that "Kiev" pavilion (the Ukrainian National Federation Hall in downtown Toronto) the next evening, and if she is, then I will ask her to dance, otherwise, may be we could exchange telephone numbers.
Unlike most parents, we do not have any of our parents in Toronto, to help us with baby sitting and other matters.

Be positive, take polite and bold (or may be bolder than your current plans) steps towards your goals.
WHO DARES, WINS.

KNN interesting to have a teacher marking and correcting bad english in sbf KNN

啊中母鸡排真好吃

Alfrescian
Loyal

WHO DARES, WINS.

you write very well.