• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng's National Day Message (YT)

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Compare GMS's NSP speech to KJ's RP speech.

A National Day Message from the Reform Party
Posted on August 8, 2010 by iamvoting4rp

Dear Fellow Singaporeans,

On Monday we will celebrate our 45th National Day since the break with Malaysia in 1965. Most Singaporeans justifiably take pride on this day in our country’s economic achievements since independence. Indeed the PAP government uses this day to peddle its version of history and contrast what is presented as their achievements with the unprovable counterfactual of what life would have been like for Singaporeans if the PAP had not been in charge. Our bookstores proudly display MM Lee’s book entitled, “From Third World to First” and foreign journalists often repeat the mantra that Singapore was a mangrove swamp before the PAP were elected to power. Last National Day PM Lee showed slides of Singapore as it was fifty years ago and contrasted it with the shimmering metropolis of today.

Yet it is only right that these achievements be set in context and relative to what other countries have achieved. At independence Singapore already had several advantages over other countries at similar stages of development, including an incomparable strategic location and one of the world’s best natural harbours as well as the benefits of past investment and legal framework by the British Colonial powers, including a world-class dry-dock, the deepest dock in the region and a reasonable infrastructure and education system. Between 1960 and 2007 Singapore’s real GDP per worker grew some 660%. However over the same period Malaysia managed 643%, Thailand 668%, Hong Kong and South Korea both managed 800% and Taiwan managed 1240% over the same period. The Reform Party has already drawn attention to the fact that when Singapore’s very impressive-looking statistics for real GDP per capita are normalized for the effects of Singapore’s much greater pool of productive workers relative to the total population then our real GDP per employed person in 2008 drops to only slightly higher than that of South Korea. When account is taken of the much longer hours worked by Singaporeans then the real GDP per hour worked is only some US$25, about the same level as Korea and well below Japan on US$39 or the USA on US$55. Over the period 2000-08 our real GDP per hour worked only expanded by some 1.2% p.a. while the USA and Japan managed 2% and Korea managed 4.2%. Productivity fared worse, falling sharply subsequent to the recent recession (by some 14% peak to trough). The undoubted recent sharp recovery on the back of the spectacular GDP growth numbers will probably only put us back to where we were in 2007. In other words we are no better off than in 2007 let alone than in 2009.

The only conclusion one can draw is that, despite the incessant harping by the PAP government on the superior quality of governance Singaporeans enjoy, there has been little value-added despite the multi-million dollar salaries for our ministers and the curtailments of personal freedoms and political rights that we have suffered. Indeed, Hong Kong, with its minimal government interference in the economy, stands in stark contrast to Singapore where after the share of GLCs and foreign MNCs is taken into account there is precious little left for domestic private enterprise.

But how has the average Singaporean done over this period? While we would not dispute that there have been substantial advances since 1959, in line with the experiences of most developed nations, statistics for the last ten years tell a different tale, particularly for those below median incomes. Using figures provided by the Household Expenditure Survey for period to 2007/8, one can compute that average real incomes of the poorest 20% of resident households fell by at least 15% over this period and by considerably more if a basket of consumption goods more appropriate to the consumption patterns of this segment were used. While the real median incomes of resident households increased by some 20% from 1999 to 2009, or 1.8% per annum the practice of lumping together Singapore citizens and PRs as residents coupled with a big increase in the number of new citizens and PRs, likely to have less dependents and be earning more than the native Singaporeans, may mean that this is less impressive than it appears. Certainly when one looks at the figures from the Labour Force survey the increase in the median real wage for those in full-time employment from 1999 to 2009 falls to some 1.4% p.a., and this again may be influenced by a big influx of more highly paid PRs and new citizens during this period and by a change in the definition of full-time employment. Previously this meant those working in excess of 30 hours per week but in 2009 this was changed to 35 hours thus presumably eliminating from the calculation of the median many lower paid workers. In any case the CPI is unlikely to be an accurate reflection of the increase in housing costs during this period based on the notion of an imputed rent calculated by some bureaucrat. As my fellow-candidate Hazel so kindly pointed out in her recent blog the Resale Price Index for HDB flats has risen by some 45% between 2006 and 2009 (and continues to rise) while nominal household income has risen by some 21% over the same period.

On National Day the PAP government will predictably point to the economic growth numbers and say, “Look how well we’re doing” , at the same time exhorting Singaporeans to work “cheaper, better, faster.” With the release of the second quarter GDP figures there’s likely to be a sharp increase in productivity, possibly putting us back to where we were in 2008, allowing the government to proclaim the success of its productivity initiatives, which it introduced after the Reform Party pointed out that economic growth had been built for some time solely from increased labour inputs rather than through working smarter. And while no doubt there will be some goodies for the electorate in a pre-election softening-up, it will largely be back to business as usual as regards the liberal foreign labour policy. As PM Lee said recently the strong economic growth figures mean that business needs at least another 100,000 new workers. On this logic there seems no reason why Singapore should not grow its population to the size of the USA, India or China since it’s always possible to generate more growth if you can import more people. And this was prefigured in a ST article last Friday, which said that the entire world population could be comfortably accommodated in an area 1,000 times the size of Singapore which entirely coincidentally happens to be 1,000 times the 6.5 million population target which is quietly coming back onto the government’s radar screen. And after this is reached the next target will be 8 million, and who knows what after that in an effort to keep growth going by maximising the economically active proportion of the population even as the profile of the native population begins to rapidly age.

Needless to say, the Reform Party has a different vision for Singapore. Though those who have different visions to the PAP have frequently been called unpatriotic and the whole notion of exercising your democratic rights to freedom of expression and choosing your own government has been branded as un-Singaporean and un-Asian, we would reverse that and say that there can be nothing more patriotic than caring enough about your country to want to have a say in how it is governed. We have consistently pointed out that just as lack of competition in business leads to monopoly, higher prices and poor service for the consumer, so competition in politics is necessary to ensure policies are scrutinised and mistakes exposed. While liberty is the inalienable right of every individual and there should be damn good reasons for infringing on those rights, the Reform Party would go further and say that it is necessary if Singapore is to be competitive as a modern economy. We have been surpassed economically by South Korea, Taiwan and even Hong Kong all of which are considerably freer than we are, will we allow ourselves to be surpassed by India, or at least by the fastest-growing regions of India because of our government’s desire to maintain control at all costs.

Since the Reform Party started pointing out how ordinary Singaporeans were being failed by the PAP and how we would focus on more relevant indicators, such as growth of GDP per hour worked or growth of real median incomes rather than just GDP, the PAP has again borrowed from us and said that it is committed to providing a better life for all Singaporeans. Indeed Minister Tharman has said that the government’s goal is now to maximise real median incomes and set a target of $3,100 for median incomes by 2020. One way it may achieve this is by admitting large numbers of better paid immigrants as citizens or PRs or by awarding more scholarships to foreign students who are invited to become PRs without having to do NS. But as long as the government continues to treat Singapore as a business rather than a country it is doubtful whether the target can be achieved. For a firm labour is just one of the inputs and provided its cost does not rise or can be cut by using cheaper labour from abroad, for instance, then there is no incentive to use labour more productively. And this is what has happened in Singapore, as I pointed out in my comment on Alex Au’s article on “Domestic Costs Drive Inflation, Not Import Prices.” As long as the government permits a relatively elastic supply of labour from abroad while the cost of other domestic inputs, like land, continue to rise (partly because of the government’s position as the monopoly owner of most land), then the real wages and salaries of our own workers will get squeezed. And this has indeed happened.

So how would the Reform Party change things? Many of you will be familiar with at least some of our proposed policies but let me repeat the more important ones, at the risk of boring you:

A more rational foreign labour policy particularly for semi-skilled and skilled labour which competes directly with Singapore workers, including a requirement for companies to show that they had advertised the job to Singaporeans at the going wage rate for a certain period. At the same time the Reform Party, in keeping with its generally business and investment-friendly ideology, would be relatively liberal in its immigration policies in industries where Singaporeans lack the necessary skills.
A minimum wage to encourage businesses to use unskilled labour more productively and act as an incentive to employ Singaporeans rather than foreigners once their cost advantage had been eroded.
Greater investment in education and training and expansion of university enrolment which still lags behind that of the advanced countries. We understand that the new schemes for retraining for less skilled workers announced in the Budget have been poorly taken up because the workers concerned do not see much benefit from the training. By controlling the supply of foreign skilled labour and thus raising the rewards to education there would be greater incentive for Singaporeans to undertake the necessary training.
Reducing the number of scholarships given to foreign students and/or requiring them to do NS while increasing the assistance given to less well-off but bright Singaporeans to enter further education.
Restoring the rights to freedom of association and the formation of independent trade unions with appropriate democratic safeguards to prevent the economy being damaged by the actions of a small minority. Right to strike not to be allowed in essential services or government.
Curbing the relentless rise of housing costs by releasing more land and allowing more competition while at the same time scaling back HDB’s role to be that of providing public housing for the poorest 20% of the population. As part of the privatization of land the Reform Party would examine the possibility of turning over the freehold rights to the owners of HDB flats. We would also take further measures to segment the market and restrict the speculative demand for HDB properties. At the same time with so much of the average Singaporean’s wealth tied to HDB property we would be mindful of the need to prevent a property price collapse which has so badly affected the US economy.
You can read about our other policies elsewhere in our blog, specifically our 19 policy pledges. As you read them it is my hope that you will find the Reform Party’s vision for Singapore so much more attractive than the ruling party’s that you will come forward to support us and help us make this dream a reality.

All that remains is for me to wish my fellow Singaporeans a very happy National Day and let’s take the first steps towards taking control of our destinies.

Majulah Singapura!

Sources: US Bureau of Labour Statistics, Penn World Tables, Singapore Household Expenditure Survey 2009, Singapore Yearbook of Manpower Statistics 2010.

Released by Kenneth Jeyaretnam on behalf of the Reform Party, August 8th 201

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My assessment is NSP (GMS) 0, RP (KJ), SDP (CSC & kids) 0, PAP (LHL) 1. WP (LTK or SL) smart enough not to particiapte.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the groud is sweet for harvest by the oppositions, anywhere in Singapore, except maybe Marine Parade and Telok Blangah.

Any minor blunders or bloopers committed will give PAP big cherry points. If I may say, PAP election strategy this coming election is "No strategy" meaning, I think they know the ground is not favorable for them, so now the only strategy is for oppositions camp to commit their own boo boos and then state media blow it up like "NSP plays down prospects of party returning to SDA".

We may all be in agreement NSP leave SDA, but to the public do they know the truth or do they even care to know the TRUTH? All the see and read from that one liner is NSP is a running dog of opposition full stop draw line.

I hope I am wrong! Cause I want the opposition to win and win big. But with such political damage done by GMS, I hope he can salvage it. But when he gave his national speech, I was like "SH*T another nail onto the coffin lid!" ... now last of lasts strategy for GMS is to have walked 136 blks in tampines grc X 3 ....

Subok, you have done nothing but to show that you are a fake and a charlatan.

I suggest that you spend more time away from GMS and concentrate on the PAPies. Let's see what you are made of.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Subok, you have done nothing but to show that you are a fake and a charlatan.

I suggest that you spend more time away from GMS and concentrate on the PAPies. Let's see what you are made of.

House not in order you want to fight PAP? WAKE UP! If one GMS already cause such damage to opposition what if there be 10-20 more>?!

Bu swearing Chao PAP will help? Ya you swear Chao PAP during Rally all the crowd cheers! but come polling all guai guai vote PAP why? Why people rather be screwed again and again?

Because all we got in the oppositions camp now in likes of GMS are narcissistic brand of politics. OMO - its all about him, its all abt GMS.

I back up whatever I said with facts what have you to show? if you trace prior to this media report of GMS reaction to SDA, I was all for GMS. Go search!

If you cannot even do a decent background check on real or fake supporters you expect to win electorates from PAP's hands?

FAT HOPE! and that's all we GOT! sadly with GMS, I can only HOPE! at least with KJ or LTK or even Sylvia, or even SDP in the distant end I can smell some form of REAL tangible hope. with GMS sub standards and self-acceptance of sub standards as passable .. gosh!

You take GMS Nation Day script bring to any English Language Speech and Drama school, the kids that can do 1000X better than him! I would even rather the malay chap who delivers the bahasa version to delivers it!

if I am ChaoPappyPoodle, barking @ oppositions, I would say, and LAUGH at the same time, "IS THAT ALL YOU GOT?"

Look at MBT's smile, getting sweeter with each passing day, why? In MBT's camp his RSM will be shouting, "Sir enemy in front!".... MBT would laugh, "huh? GMS? Enemy? hahah, open front door big big for him. He will lop the grenade at himself, no one worry, RSM".

When enemy do not even bother to take notice of you, shows what kind of threat are you.

ALL said, GMS better go fast march to 130s over blocks in Tampines GRC and get all the votes he need. Last count for SDA @ Tampines GRC is 31%. He jolly well surpass that and not disgrace the opposition camp.

But anyway, EVEN before any real battle, GMS already PUBLICLY announced that he already prepare a back door via HK. What an encouragement. ....

BTW, if you find me harsh @ GMS,... well he ain't see anything yet from PAP.... or GMS SHOULD worried he did not see anything from PAP.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are a sad fuck Subok! Why don't you spend time hitting at Lim Swee Say's English and while you're at it, do spend some of your time debunking the logic of Mr Lim's sayings.

Stop your pathetic and lowlife acts of being a charlatan. You quack like a duck and rightly so you are a charlatan.

I have given you a challenge, go spend as much time hitting at the PAPies as you do GMS and the APs. Come back when you have evened out. Then let's see how you progress thereafter.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are a sad fuck Subok! Why don't you spend time hitting at Lim Swee Say's English and while you're at it, do spend some of your time debunking the logic of Mr Lim's sayings.

Stop your pathetic and lowlife acts of being a charlatan. You quack like a duck and rightly so you are a charlatan.

I have given you a challenge, go spend as much time hitting at the PAPies as you do GMS and the APs. Come back when you have evened out. Then let's see how you progress thereafter.

You are a joke. Expect the enemy to throw some slack @ you. If we cannot even survive our own, you think GMS can survive out there?

Ex president clinton can have BJ with his sec and still walk out unharmed why? He got a strong propaganda team.

I tear down PAP so that GMS can have it easy and proclaim himself "passable"?

You can fool me, you can arm lock me to LOVE GMS, but you cannot fool the electorate or arm lock them.

Surprising, the electorate is ever so unforgiving of oppositions and ever so forgetful about PAP's oppression why?

I will leave you to it.

I wish OPPOSITION all the best @ tampines GRC as much as I wished for them to win, and not in the person of GMS, I concede.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You are a joke. Expect the enemy to throw some slack @ you. If we cannot even survive our own, you think GMS can survive out there?

Surprising, the electorate is ever so unforgiving of oppositions and ever so forgetful about PAP's oppression why?

I will leave you to it.

I wish OPPOSITION all the best @ tampines GRC as much as I wished for them to win, and not in the person of GMS, I concede.

Dear Subok,

Actually I like what you say except your constant ranting about "opposition unity" and UNFOUNDED perception of "great damage" done by my response on the issue of joining SDA.

It is actually no big deal. Everybody knows WP and SDP will not join SDA, so what? Everyone knows NSP has left SDA and definitely, those who in the know, would not expect NSP to rejoin back SDA, else it will create perception like "playing masak masak". Thus, my response is well "EXPECTED". Just like people won't be surprised if WP or SDP would respond that they are not interested to join SDA. Very simple logic.

Apart from that, both RP and NSP are very open in declaring that regardless of whether we are in any form of alliance, we will still maintain opposition unity by seeking cooperation and collaboration in other ways.

Thus, I really do not understand your obsession on this little position that I have taken. In fact, it seems that you are the only one here who is crying out loud on "GREAT DAMAGE DONE". I suggest that maybe you should sit down, take a hot bath, relax and reconsider your position.

Goh Meng Seng

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
YOU BLOODY IDIOT.

What a silly comparison... HAHAHAHAH!

Forumers be the judge

My question: Does GMS look 90% like Najib Tun Razak?

:biggrin::biggrin:

We should ask GMS to fly to KL see if the mata at KLIA salute him or not:rolleyes::p

If any one could find that Najib's photo in his orange batik shirt, it will look even more alike. Pse post here!

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just control the speed of speech and it looks perfectly fine. This is much better than Ken Sun's ranting last year.

GMS speech is definitely better than NSP's speech last year. Lee Wai Leng's hand gesture looked a bit primary school and ken sun was a funny clown.

GMS has done well. But one minor point ... Goh Meng Seng: Can you don't touch your nipples when talking? Otherwise, it was pretty good.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What's your beef with GMS? I can easily find more than half of the opposition speaking worse than him. I don't think it your intentions are so straightforward.

Well, Perspective, if you think carefully about this Subok character, he is the one who appears each and every time GMS makes a statement and proceeds with his usual disjointed diatribe. He must be getting desperate though, he doesn't even bother to change his writing style or his chauvinism comments anymore. Only thing is that his other nick tends to use more capital letters than this one .....

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
My assessment is NSP (GMS) 0, RP (KJ), SDP (CSC & kids) 0, PAP (LHL) 1. WP (LTK or SL) smart enough not to particiapte.

How can you give LHL 1?

I think he own goal himself by giving a speech that will almost certainly inflame sentiments toward the PAP.

If you look at the speeches given by GCT and LHL, you can sense that they have conceded the high ground on many of the issues. Instead of trying to reach out to those who have turned against them, the speeches seem more to be directed at their own supporters to hold firm and not waver. This is probably due to restless and signs of dissatifaction among those who had traditionally supported the PAP. Also the problems affecting those who have turned against the PAP (public housing, public transport etc) are so severe that the speeches are a silent acknowledgement of defeat.

This would explain the continual pushing back of the elections so that they can squeeze an extra 2 to 3 years of power/million dollar wages before the demographic tsunami hits Singapore.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ex president clinton can have BJ with his sec and still walk out unharmed why? He got a strong propaganda team.

I tear down PAP so that GMS can have it easy and proclaim himself "passable"?

You can fool me, you can arm lock me to LOVE GMS, but you cannot fool the electorate or arm lock them.

I will leave you to it.

I see you as having problems tearing down a pair of panties, so I won't ask you to tear down the PAP.

I am asking you to refrain from personal attacks against an AP member. It is as simple as that. GMS has never stated that he wants to be our PM. And yet, on numerous occasions you mention him as being incapable for the PM's post. You talk cock too often. So, I came onboard and asked you to instead look at your hero, Lim Swee Say and look at the pathetic English and logic of that man. Why don't you ponder on Lim Swee Say's pathetic spewings. Even with the backing of the state media, he comes out like an idiot and one with thick-skin too. Just look at his Zoro impersonation recently.

What about Lim Swee Say as PM? :oIo:

Subok, you're a creep! And everyone should see you for what you are. :oIo:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How can you give LHL 1?

I think he own goal himself by giving a speech that will almost certainly inflame sentiments toward the PAP.

Half of LHL ND message was actually support YOG, show the world Singaporeans are good hosts, that's a 0 score. However, I gave him score 1 for one thing, he didn't attack or even attack opposition.

All opposition messages are about attacking PAP. If opposition can come to the point where they could ignore PAP and get on their their point, then that's worth a score 1. If their point is actually good, more score.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, Uncle Yap you really make me laugh yesterday. Thank you for your help on the filming. Very much appreciated.

Goh Meng Seng

As I was filming I couldn't help but felt like I was filming Najib's National Day Speech - looking at the screen I kept seeing Najib in his Yellow Batik Shirt. :biggrin:

16.Sept is Malaysia Day and also LKy old dog's birthday, can I film you again with UMNO's flag and you give a Malaysia Day Speech & wish LKY Happy Birthday, we put on Youtube.Com for fun? :p:wink::biggrin:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been persuading GMS to keep a moustache for ages. If he'd kept a moustache, voila! Goh Tun Razak! Goh Chok Tong and Lee Kuan Yew see also scared, Lee Hsien Loong and the others shiver!

Only lack mustache easy lah. Stick on mah.

You tell me honestly, how many % alike?

:confused::rolleyes:

Najib Tun GMS! :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As I was filming I couldn't help but felt like I was filming Najib's National Day Speech - looking at the screen I kept seeing Najib in his Yellow Batik Shirt. :biggrin:

16.Sept is Malaysia Day and also LKy old dog's birthday, can I film you again with UMNO's flag and you give a Malaysia Day Speech & wish LKY Happy Birthday, we put on Youtube.Com for fun? :p:wink::biggrin:

Actually that's a good idea, get GMS to wear batik. He so fat always complaining suit too hot. Batik is just nice. Look like towkay to Chinese and look like datuk to Malays. Sure vote more votes!

By the way, I thought Aug. 31 is Malaysia Merdeka Day.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Subok,

Actually I like what you say except your constant ranting about "opposition unity" and UNFOUNDED perception of "great damage" done by my response on the issue of joining SDA.

It is actually no big deal. Everybody knows WP and SDP will not join SDA, so what? Everyone knows NSP has left SDA and definitely, those who in the know, would not expect NSP to rejoin back SDA, else it will create perception like "playing masak masak". Thus, my response is well "EXPECTED". Just like people won't be surprised if WP or SDP would respond that they are not interested to join SDA. Very simple logic.

Apart from that, both RP and NSP are very open in declaring that regardless of whether we are in any form of alliance, we will still maintain opposition unity by seeking cooperation and collaboration in other ways.

Thus, I really do not understand your obsession on this little position that I have taken. In fact, it seems that you are the only one here who is crying out loud on "GREAT DAMAGE DONE". I suggest that maybe you should sit down, take a hot bath, relax and reconsider your position.

Goh Meng Seng

WP and SDP can hold its own. Who are you may I ask?

Boy, your interest to join SDA or not is not the paramount importance. YOUR REACTION is what the media want to solicit from you! And you played into it. It is better to keep you fat mouth SHUT than to "answer" all doubts WHICH incidentally you did! The media insofar that you claimed did you in, in the WP's Saga. I cannot believe you fell into the SAME trap and did yourself in AGAIN.

Apologies, I personally do not think it is deserving to mention RP "AND" NSP in the same length and breath. Apparently the latter who did not branding or little branding gets more support than NSP... strangely...

You do not understand because you are politically amateurish at best. I do not call myself expert but you did it! you scored your own goal. Believe you me, it will come back to haunt you. AND if you are sincere, DO NOT COME BACK HERE and engage me or anyone! GO ON THE STREETS! you have over at least 130 over blocks to cover! to just be assured of a passing marks. And if going by statistics that opposition controls 30% of the votes, which mean 1 in 3 vote for opposition. That means in order to win you need to canvass and urged at least 1 more other person. Which means visiting 130+ blocks will only guarantees you a poll result of 40 blocks routing for you. you are still short of 90 blocks of supporters. Which means you have to go and find another 270 blocks to cover or recover to get the 90 blocks. Boy, if you are serious go walk your talk or prepare to go HONG KONG after election. Can't talk, can't smile properly, not very intellectual, england also sub sub, only way is your sincerity which is all THAT IS LEFT and please for the sake of NSP, and the rest of opposition and the people of Singapore, STOP TALKING TO MEDIA! You have been "misquoted" not once but twice! it is about time you LEARN, young man!

Yup, I need a hot bath, a hot bath to walk me up from the cold shock of realization of your "passable" standards.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see you as having problems tearing down a pair of panties, so I won't ask you to tear down the PAP.

I am asking you to refrain from personal attacks against an AP member. It is as simple as that. GMS has never stated that he wants to be our PM. And yet, on numerous occasions you mention him as being incapable for the PM's post. You talk cock too often. So, I came onboard and asked you to instead look at your hero, Lim Swee Say and look at the pathetic English and logic of that man. Why don't you ponder on Lim Swee Say's pathetic spewings. Even with the backing of the state media, he comes out like an idiot and one with thick-skin too. Just look at his Zoro impersonation recently.

What about Lim Swee Say as PM? :oIo:

Subok, you're a creep! And everyone should see you for what you are. :oIo:

Sorry all it is not about PERSONAL attacks and BTW GMS is seeking PUBLIC OFFICE and not PRIVATE OFFICE!

If GMS has no intention of being a PM then should jolly well knows his limits and go under more capable leadership than for him to be political liability to the rest.

Why compare GMS to Lim Swee Say? If you must then I tell you, though LSS england may not be as good. Let me tell you RULE NUMBER ONE OF PUBLIC SPEAKING which GMS fail miserably and LSS score big. Give your speech without a script. Enough said. GMS is already out in public speaking. In technicality, LSS abandon his script for candid straight talk, which infuriated us with his nonsensical allegorical CPF money etc etc.... you learned you spat on that... but to the audience, LSS CONNECTS! Why? Without script, candid, straight, the audience at large feel connected, even boo boos they laugh along with him, what does this shows? LSS connected with the audience. GMS was only able to do that when he took cheap swipe @ PAP, needless say anything #!$@$%#^#PAP the crowd go crazy and gaga.

And I totally agrees with you LSS looks stupid even with state media helping him. But is your vote so damn important to him? So what if it is idiotic to you! But to many aunties and uncles who recognizes Zorro will answer 'WAH PAP hoi ah! Yi Na si HERO!" clap clap clap! This my friend is media propaganda. It is good you woke up and not easily food. But too bad, only you. How about the rest?

Go on lament F* mother F* father or cow mother cow father, will not change the rules. We all know it is unfair. So how? #$(@$%$@%* at it? And say if without all these opposition sure elected!

I can also say if I bought the toto ticket just now I am the winner already!

The first step to solving problems is to FACE IT! half battle won. Now you not only cannot face it but shout FOUL! half battle already lost.

Singaporeans though may be apolitical, you think they do not know PAP put unfair rules? Do not insult the intelligence of your electorate.

The electorate do not care how good you are, they only care how much you care! making media boo boos only kill your own image before the electorate. worst if the electorate are those atas atas people. Because they know media will play a role in "fixing" the opposition and GMS once again play into it. You think no rich man out there want to throw their lot behind opposition? I believe there will be a few to bind their chance at a new leadership but they are also they most astute to smell out the best "investments". If GMS is good, money will roll in.

Lim Swee Say may not be the best of PM choices, but if he wants to, do you know he got his lot of DIE HARD unions behind him? I ever overheard an unionist comments on govt locking in the 50% profit for 2nd flat purchse, "Govt good! thinking for people! make sure they do not anyhow spend their retirement money! this kind of govt where to find?"

Do not expect most of the electorate to be as informed as you. If you cannot even make the media dance to your tune, what makes u think u can get win an election?

GMS- 130blks of polls you need. u need to walk at least 130 blocks to get the require number but another 270 blocks to get the assured vote.

All best GMS! I hope you will inspire political wannabes to come forward to say the least and hopefully, attracts better ones along the way. Maybe some expert or consultant from media industry.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, Perspective, if you think carefully about this Subok character, he is the one who appears each and every time GMS makes a statement and proceeds with his usual disjointed diatribe. He must be getting desperate though, he doesn't even bother to change his writing style or his chauvinism comments anymore. Only thing is that his other nick tends to use more capital letters than this one .....

There is no other nicks. There is only 1 Subok.

Desperate? yes... very desperate each election jump up new monkeys getting more and more absurd than before.

GMS can even have the cheek to call SDP extremist! But perhaps it is the SDP to thank for bringing about some form of political awaking among the apolitical.

I hope someone with professional media experience come forth to help GMS, otherwise, with such intensity to want to proof himself as the sec gen of NSP, the supposed incumbent PM if his party becomes dominance, will fail miserably.

I rather be a chauvinist for opposition than to be clown played to the whim and fancy of the media.

People are not totally apolitical or lack of apathy or indifference. People in general I believe is tired of "passable" sub-standards opp candidates confer on themselves when former actually fail in real terms.

Crucify me the messenger for all I care. Mark my words. In forth coming GE @ Tampines GRC, what I said here in the confinement of this virtual world though will haunt GMS and NSP.