• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GMS speaks about integrity - Narcissistic personality disorder

jw5

Loyal
alamak... my point is simple, my understanding is that GMS can't be solely be responsible for those 40% of votes.

as you've mentioned, some would be party votes, some are anti-PAP votes, some are pro-opposition votes, some are GMS votes, and not forgetting accidental votes.

My point is is the same. The % of votes due to GMS individual charisma and personality is very very very very very very very small. :biggrin:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
My point is is the same. The % of votes due to GMS individual charisma and personality is very very very very very very very small. :biggrin:

Most of the people are just opposition supporters. They voted for NSP because NSP happened to contest in Tampines. They don't really differentiate between SDP, WP, NSP etc so long as it opposition. Even my friend from SDP also feels so.

As for the fence sitters who voted GMS team, it due to their anger at govt than their support for GMS and opposition.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
So, what's your point? Every opposition team or single candidate that stood in the last election would have all the above be it WP, SDP, NSP, SPP and RP.

my point is this: GMS is not solely responsible for garnering all those 40% of the votes.

likewise for any percentages any political parties have garnered for in the GEs, as well as any individuals having garnered in the PEs. you're nuts to attribute any percentage point just to any individual or any political party.

there are always various reasons to attribute to in terms of voting patterns. that's my point and it's in simple English.

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
my point is this: GMS is not solely responsible for garnering all those 40% of the votes.

likewise for any percentages any political parties have garnered for in the GEs, as well as any individuals having garnered in the PEs. you're nuts to attribute any percentage point just to any individual or any political party.

there are always various reasons to attribute to in terms of voting patterns. that's my point and it's in simple English.

I never say GMS is responsible for garnering all those 40% votes.

All I am pointing out is what's your point, since all others are the same.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

As for the fence sitters who voted GMS team, it due to their anger at govt than their support for GMS and opposition.

later our (do allow me to quote bro wikiphile's title for GMS here) 淡滨尼文武慈勇不败大圣天君 will get angry ah...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I never say GMS is responsible for garnering all those 40% votes.

All I am pointing out is what's your point, since all others are the same.

me pointing out to Ramseth that the 40% is NOT solely attributed to GMS. you have problems with comprehension?

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
me pointing out to Ramseth that the 40% is NOT solely attributed to GMS. you have problems with comprehension?

I don't have problem with comprehending what you said. It is you that refuse to address what you had said earlier.

Nevermind.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I don't have problem with comprehending what you said. It is you that refuse to address what you had said earlier.

Nevermind.

huh? which part? the accidental votes?
our electorate are very sophisticated and not blind. if you need a political novice like me to explain to you what are accidental votes, you're kidding me.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
alamak... my point is simple, my understanding is that GMS can't be solely be responsible for those 40% of votes.

as you've mentioned, some would be party votes, some are anti-PAP votes, some are pro-opposition votes, some are GMS votes, and not forgetting accidental votes.

In fact, most are party votes. In you put YSL under PAP in 2011, he'd lose too. However candidate personaility and popularity with electorate plays a signficant role too. That's why WP could win Aljunied but not East Coast under the same banner. The difference is of course the candidates. I'd say 6:4 party brand and candidate name.

jw5

Loyal
However candidate personaility and popularity with electorate plays a signficant role too. That's why WP could win Aljunied but not East Coast under the same banner. The difference is of course the candidates. I'd say 6:4 party brand and candidate name.

Are you saying that east coast had a very popular pap candidate with great personality? :eek: :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you saying that east coast had a very popular pap candidate with great personality? :eek: :biggrin:

I'm saying PAP has the bigger brandname and instead of 6:4 it's 7:3 to stand under PAP ticket. Let's face it, most of the masses are not like us looking into politics in details but would just vote for the known devil against the unknown devil when in doubt. It means it takes more personality and popularity for an opposition candidate than a PAP candidate to win. That's also why LTK decided to step out to Aljunied to ensure a win. No point hitting another 40 or even high 40+%. Had LTK stayed in Hougang, Desmond Choo might have broken record of PAP losing margin. He's just a weak and cheap bait to tempt LTK to stay put for a surely easy and big win. But that's not worth the while in the bigger picture for WP. The prize was Aljunied GRC. They redrew whatever Aljunied precincts redrawable to discourage LTK stepping out but that pissed LTK even more. The day LTK complained out loud in Parliament about the Aljunied boundary redrawing, the die was cast and the gauntlet was thrown.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For a second, I thought you were referring to the hangflower scene. In addition to 6:4 and 7:3, also have 5:5, 8:2 and 9:1.

Hangflower is not my game. Nowadays in GM karaoke, even male singers got hangflower (with dollars attached). Faint!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of the people are just opposition supporters. They voted for NSP because NSP happened to contest in Tampines. They don't really differentiate between SDP, WP, NSP etc so long as it opposition. Even my friend from SDP also feels so.

Very well said... Tampines was my hometown for nearly 20 years... Last year me gave my precious vote to GMS's NSP. Tampines residents who are anti PAP got no other choice but to vote for NSP since NSP is the only Oppo contesting against Mabok Tan's White Scums Party... GMS must be hallucinating if he thinks that the 42.7% votes that he received in Tampines last year were due to his fiery election speech or his charisma.. Anti PAP and anti MBT's sentiments running high during that period, that's why he managed to get at least 40% votes.. You can even put 5 monkeys contesting against MBT in an Oppo ticket and I'm sure that group of monkeys can even garner at least 30% votes from Tampines residents just to spite the PAP...:eek: Go to Tampines and ask the Ah Peks drinking beer or sipping Kopi O at those Tampines St 21 coffeshops, who GMS is, and I'll bet you that they gonna give you a blank look.. Its just a one off occasion last year when NSP managed to get 42.7% votes.. Credit to those Scums in Whites, they have in fact been running Tampines Town well over the decades.. With MBT no more leader of the PAP team in Tampines and with Heng Swee Keat now doin a good job of helming the team, it would be hard for any Oppo to win control of Tampines.. GMS can try fighting for Tampines in 2011 and I won't be surprised if he still lose...

Last edited: