• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GMS speaks about integrity - Narcissistic personality disorder

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://singaporealternatives.blogspot.com/

More than 20 years ago, I was just an Officer Cadet in OCS. Day in day out, right from dawn till dusk, our trainers would shout at us and punish us for the slightest fault we made. I remembered very clearly that the most often used phrase was "All of you have integrity problem is it?"

In fact, several fellow cadets were kicked out of course due to "integrity problems". Integrity problems could range from telling white lies, breaking rules knowingly to outright stealing. Looking back, all those little issues are really minor and OCS might have been too strict. However, it set the expectation of every officer-to-be: Integrity is the most important virtue valued.

I would expect any persons in the positions of public service to uphold the highest integrity level. This should apply to both ruling and opposition parties MPs. Even in Hong Kong, where they are having election of the Chief Executive by a mere 1200 electorates, they were fighting on the issue of integrity.

It is really disappointing to note that in the recent months, certain events had happened and it exposed the lack of due respect to integrity in the leadership of the highest authority of law making, parliament. Integrity encompasses a whole range of issues, from Yaw-gate, plagiarism, intellectual dishonesty, refusing to admit glaring mistakes and use lots of lame excuses like "it is just a joke" or "it is not against the rules and law" to explain away their spoken words cum actions, to the disrespect of our written Constitution on by-election etc. People just couldn't think straight and talk straight but tried every ways to twist and turn, flaunting with words and "interpretations".

If this is the First World Parliament that we are supposed to build, I would rather not have it. Contrary to some people, including my friends who thought that I am "trumpeting" about "High Moral Standards" in my expectation of our representatives in parliament, I have only asked for the very basic quality of leadership in terms of Integrity, transparency, accountability and democracy to be part of the core values of them, to be upheld and safe guarded.

I understand it is unrealistic to ask for saints to fill all the parliamentary seats but at the very least, we should have people with basic integrity and honesty to lead the country.

As for opposition party supporters who have been criticising me for being too vocal on opposition MPs, particularly WP MPs and I should cut them some slack because they are, as IPS Gillian Koh said, "rookie politicians", I have only this to say to them: I have been the Secretary General of NSP and I understand it is really difficult to attract good and upright individuals to join the opposition cause.

However, if we do not keep our "role model" opposition MPs in check and keep reminding them what qualities are expected from them, especially in the aspect of Integrity, then those good and upright people would think thrice before they want to join any opposition parties. In the end, only those who do not put emphasis on integrity will join opposition parities. Do we want that to happen?

On the other hand, the middle ground voters who are mostly better educated would feel disappointed after giving opposition parties their votes in last GE. We should not take their support for granted and be mindful that the only way to continue to get their support or even convince others in the middle ground to support opposition cause, is to give them full confidence in our opposition MPs. Integrity is part of the confidence building process.

I thought with the break through in a GRC by WP is a major step forward a more balanced democracy but I was wrong. It seems that we just have a long way to go in achieving an upright democratic development for Singapore. I hope future political players will work harder to achieve that goal, with integrity.

Goh Meng Seng

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Symptoms of this disorder include, but are not limited to:

• Reacts to criticism with anger, shame, or humiliation
  • May take advantage of others to reach his or her own goal
  • Tends to exaggerate their own importance, achievements, and talents
  • Imagines unrealistic fantasies of success, beauty, power, intelligence, or romance
  • Requires constant attention and positive reinforcement from others
  • Easily becomes jealous
  • Lacks empathy and disregards the feelings of others
  • Obsessed with oneself
  • Mainly pursues selfish goals
  • Trouble keeping healthy relationships
  • Is easily hurt and rejected
  • Sets unrealistic goals
  • Wants "the best" of everything
  • Appears as tough-minded or unemotional

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://singaporealternatives.blogspot.com/

More than 20 years ago, I was just an Officer Cadet in OCS. Day in day out, right from dawn till dusk, our trainers would shout at us and punish us for the slightest fault we made. I remembered very clearly that the most often used phrase was "All of you have integrity problem is it?"

More than 20 years ago, I was just a recruit in PA. Day in day out, right from dawn till dusk, our trainers would shout at us and punish us for the slightest fault we made. I remembered very clearly that the most often used phrase was "All of you have integrity problem is it?"

Z

Zombie

More than 20 years ago, I was just a chow recruit in Tekong. Day in day out, right from dawn till dusk, our trainers would shout at us and punish us for the slightest fault we made. I remembered very clearly that the most often used phrase was "See the tree over there....?". We learned how to see beyond ourselves. Maybe GMS got the wrong trainer.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
More than 20 years ago, I was just a recruit in PA. Day in day out, right from dawn till dusk, our trainers would shout at us and punish us for the slightest fault we made. I remembered very clearly that the most often used phrase was "All of you have integrity problem is it?"

More than 20 years ago, I was just a chow recruit in Tekong. Day in day out, right from dawn till dusk, our trainers would shout at us and punish us for the slightest fault we made. I remembered very clearly that the most often used phrase was "See the tree over there....?". We learned how to see beyond ourselves. Maybe GMS got the wrong trainer.

Ram and Zom can wait for lawyer letter from GMS LOL

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems that everyone is only interested in mocking him and not go into a proper rebuke.

To GMS, though integrity should be one of the primary values for a party's candidate, but it is also one of the most difficult to ascertain and it takes time. So, when your time as SG of NSP, did you actually go through a fine comb with those Rp deflectors on integrity before putting them as candidate for GE 2011? If not, why expect others should?

Realistically, for any party that just don't have the numbers yet, it will be a very tall order to expect this from the beginning. It is only fair when the party's grow that some culling needs to be done to cut loose those with integrity issue.

jw5

Loyal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Symptoms of this disorder include, but are not limited to:

The diagnosis is probably right, but the biggest problem I have is that he was (and could still be) an opposition candidate/politician who purports to serve the people.
I wouldn't be so angry if he was just a party supporter or detractor or ordinary party member or forummer.
It's a totally different game once you try to get the ordinary people involved.
The last time I was this upset with a "non pap" politician, was when someone tried to get a petition from ordinary citizens, before he could decide whether to stand for elections.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It seems that you are the only sensible one here. Yes, it will take time for us to weep out those with integrity problem. But the problem is, once they become MPs, it is very difficult to kick them out.

Goh Meng Seng

Seems that everyone is only interested in mocking him and not go into a proper rebuke.

To GMS, though integrity should be one of the primary values for a party's candidate, but it is also one of the most difficult to ascertain and it takes time. So, when your time as SG of NSP, did you actually go through a fine comb with those Rp deflectors on integrity before putting them as candidate for GE 2011? If not, why expect others should?

Realistically, for any party that just don't have the numbers yet, it will be a very tall order to expect this from the beginning. It is only fair when the party's grow that some culling needs to be done to cut loose those with integrity issue.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The problem with people here is that they only see what they want to see.

This article also points out that the ruling party, PAP, also has MPs with integrity problems as well.

Goh Meng Seng

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you name one sitting PAP MP that has got integrity problems?

You already highlighted Pritam and CSM, would be good to see if you play on a level playing ground.

The problem with people here is that they only see what they want to see.

This article also points out that the ruling party, PAP, also has MPs with integrity problems as well.

Goh Meng Seng

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Can you name one sitting PAP MP that has got integrity problems?

You already highlighted Pritam and CSM, would be good to see if you play on a level playing ground.

i can name you one who thinks he has no integrity problems - GMS

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did realise that GMS's interpretation of character attributes are different from others. It became evident during TKL PE bid. GMS kept repeating loyalty and also said that TKL is an indendent candidate. So i am not surprised that his notion of integrity is soemthing else.

I am also wondering if this ridiculous and over the top approach is a subliminal message that he is a captive and its all vocational.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You really have wild imagination, Scroobal.

Integrity is universal.

Goh Meng Seng

I did realise that GMS's interpretation of character attributes are different from others. It became evident during TKL PE bid. GMS kept repeating loyalty and also said that TKL is an indendent candidate. So i am not surprised that his notion of integrity is soemthing else.

I am also wondering if this ridiculous and over the top approach is a subliminal message that he is a captive and its all vocational.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you recall my years of warring with Ptader who also had issues with WP. Not once did I think that he was pro PAP or anti opposition. He went for the PAP jugular everytime they overstepped the mark or ran roughshod.

You on the hand at this rate, will get the Pingat PAP award for consective months.

What happenned bro?

You really have wild imagination, Scroobal.

Integrity is universal.

Goh Meng Seng

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been the Secretary General of NSP and I understand it is really difficult to attract good and upright individuals to join the opposition cause.

Goh Meng Seng

16 months as NSP SG. That was all fucking to it. And what had Goh Meng Seng to show for it? How long had Low Thia Khiang been building up the WP? Choo Wee Kiang was a PAP member, no? And all the ex PAP MP who gone to jail or asked to commit suicide, how?

Failure in omitting relevant facts is an indication of lack of integrity, yes?

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Its the timing, Scroobal. During your warring time with Ptader, WP didn't screw up so badly: deviate from their initial manifesto on ministerial salary to come up with one badly prepared, having MPs who have shown little regard to integrity issues etc. They shot their own feet too often within less than 10 months. They only have themselves to blame.

It is better to wake them up from their bloody slumber rather to wait 4 years later and find them losing all the good will and credibility altogether with the next GE. Bitter medicine now but it will work, hopefully.

Goh Meng Seng

If you recall my years of warring with Ptader who also had issues with WP. Not once did I think that he was pro PAP or anti opposition. He went for the PAP jugular everytime they overstepped the mark or ran roughshod.

You on the hand at this rate, will get the Pingat PAP award for consective months.

What happenned bro?

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is better to wake them up from their bloody slumber rather to wait 4 years later and find them losing all the good will and credibility altogether with the next GE. Bitter medicine now but it will work, hopefully.

Surprise. Slumber can win 6 seats. Surprise. Can even afford to expel MP and PM dares not call for BE. Surprise. You're political medical doctor now.