• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GMS speaks about integrity - Narcissistic personality disorder

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
E
This comparison is not right.
Taiwan KMT politician Qiu Yi is a big famous mouth with a humongous ego who loves himself to death and enjoys badgering anyone who crosses him, but that's where the similarities end.
He is also someone who has a strong sense of social justice, who would be willing to use his own money to pay informants to expose corruption and injustice. To many Taiwanese, he is a hero who has helped them speak up om matter of injustice and unfairness. GMS is nothing like that.

Thank you for pointing this out. I saw similarities in terms of style, but you're right. Substantively, I think they're very different.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
another difference : qiyi was elected before. gms madcow has never won an election before.

To be fair, GMS had respectable scores above 40% in his two elections. Not winning aside, that's something few candidates can boast of. But regretably, he could have scored a famous victory over MBT but he lost focus and missed the chance with his misguided bloat-headed idea leading to NSP contesting too many constituencies. With due respect, he's like JBJ in 1988, not Harbans Singh. JBJ in 1988 also took in anybody willing to stand and scored many high 30s and 40s percentages but won nothing. LTK has always declined last minute bandwagon jumpers and he won something. Had LTK followed JBJ and GMS style, the whole of Singapore could have be contested as early as 2006 but still ended up none was won, for those who know the stretch of election logistics.

LTK is the classic Chinese strategist. Take YSL for example. Even someone known and worked hard for more than ten years, something could go wrong. Nothing else to say, just a matter of fate. But if you take in someone last month and field that someone for election next month, also what else to say? Not only did your party not win any seat in Parliament but you lost your seat in the party as well, because you trusted them without the time of knowing them well.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
To be fair, GMS had respectable scores above 40% in his two elections.

The problem is that he thinks he is solely responsible for the 40+% votes.
Not because of voter sentiment and Sylvia and a strong WP team in 2006 and not because of voter sentiment and resenment against the pap team in 2011. But because of him, the opposition undisputed world champion.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem is that he thinks he is solely responsible for the 40+% votes.
Not because of voter sentiment and Sylvia and a strong WP team in 2006 and not because of voter sentiment and resenment against the pap team in 2011. But because of him, the opposition undisputed world champion.

If you know how GRC campaigning is conducted, each candidate in the team is assigned a division, whether PAP or opposition, although the collective result counts for the GRC as a whole. In 2006 e.g., Sylvia had already beaten LHH in Serangoon Gardens division but the collective GRC result pulled it down to a defeat. Rule by rule, law by law, there's nothing unfair nor illegal in that. Both PAP and opposition counting agents are there to see it, know it and go back to analyze it.

GMS did have high scores well above 40% in his divisional wards both Kovan (Aljunied GRC 2006) and Tampines (Tampines GRC 2011). On the flipside of this system, TPL had clearly lost to my niece in MacPherson division of Marine Parade GRC 2011. However, the GCT votes in Marine Parade pulled her back to win.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
GMS did have high scores well above 40% in his divisional wards both Kovan (Aljunied GRC 2006) and Tampines (Tampines GRC 2011). On the flipside of this system, TPL had clearly lost to my niece in MacPherson division of Marine Parade GRC 2011. However, the GCT votes in Marine Parade pulled her back to win.

Before 2011 GE, I suggested that GMS's team may be able to win a grc if he was perceived to be the 3rd or perhaps even 4th well-known/strongest candidate in the team.
In 2006, he was perhaps the preceived 2nd strongest, arguably 3rd strongest candidate in that team.
What did he do in 2011? Put himself in a team of newbies and unknowns, thinking that he would carry them to victory. He has only himself to blame for becoming Aesop's proverbial dog in the manger now.

Z

Zombie

it does not matter whether you are the best sniper in the world, if you are using the SAW as the your only weapon..

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What did he do in 2011? Put himself in a team of newbies and unknowns, thinking that he would carry them to victory. He has only himself to blame for becoming Aesop's proverbial dog in the manger now.

Exactly what I was thinking. He thought he himself alone could wear the coat and tailcoat the others to win the whole thing. I said not possible. He didn't believe.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I'm sure I'm not the only here to realize that Nicole Seah doesn't exactly have the same surname as Vincent Sear.

Please explain the niece connection in greater detail.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come on guys. Read GMS's article with an open mind. What he said is absolutely true. What is the point of supporting WP just because they happen to be opposition when they are clearly lacking in integrity and competency? Spade is spade, cock up is cock up. We give them so much slack, where is the limit? You think they will get better without kicking from the people?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even LHL and his son has surname spelt differently Lee and Li but meant the same 李。Seah and Sear meant the same 佘。

Last edited:

ForFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly what I was thinking. He thought he himself alone could wear the coat and tailcoat the others to win the whole thing. I said not possible. He didn't believe.

Could it be an intentional kelong on his part? I am viewing him with much suspicions these days.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
GMS did have high scores well above 40% in his divisional wards both Kovan (Aljunied GRC 2006) and Tampines (Tampines GRC 2011)

bro,
only this question: can we actually attribute those 40% valid vote cast for the opposition party solely to GMS?
looks like we will only know when he joins a 3 cornered fight in a SMC, say... DL vs DC vs GMS... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
it does not matter whether you are the best sniper in the world, if you are using the SAW as the your only weapon..

Agree, see what happens when even the star Nicole Seah has only the NSP to boot.

In Feb her Facebook page had 4 rounds of updates 6th, 9th, 19th and 22nd then nothing even until March which is midway through.

Even the NSP youth wing which she supposedly leads have no updates or activities since July 2011.

Even a star can't do much, much less the insect if it stayed.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro,
only this question: can we actually attribute those 40% valid vote cast for the opposition party solely to GMS?
looks like we will only know when he joins a 3 cornered fight in a SMC, say... DL vs DC vs GMS... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Can. Counting agents can see vote by vote in the respective precincts. That's also how PAP can tell HDB blocks are hopelessly opposition and demolish. To be fair, opposition counting agents are there to see and know too. Just that not winning government, no power to tell HDB demolish blocks that are hopelessly PAP. :biggrin:

I may agree or disagree with GMS at times depending on facts and my personal opinions. But this is a matter of fact to be fair. GMS scored highly in his precincts.

However, the point of your question on what if 3-corner has been answered by Desmond Lim. It's not fully attributable to candidate, the party matters more.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
GMS scored highly in his precincts.

alamak... my point is simple, my understanding is that GMS can't be solely be responsible for those 40% of votes.

as you've mentioned, some would be party votes, some are anti-PAP votes, some are pro-opposition votes, some are GMS votes, and not forgetting accidental votes.

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
alamak... my point is simple, my understanding is that GMS can't be solely be responsible for those 40% of votes.

as you've mentioned, some would be party votes, some are anti-PAP votes, some are pro-opposition votes, some are GMS votes, and not forgetting accidental votes.

And you point being?

WP votes are only from WP supporters?

Accidental votes? You mean Tampines has a lot of blind voters?

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what you said earlier.
your inference skills are lousy. even when me voting for WP in Aljunied GRC, it was a anti-PAP vote. go figure.

Let me replace it with YSL for HG.

YSL can't be soley be responsible for those 60% of votes.

Some would be party votes, some are anit-PAP votes, some are pro-opposition votes. ( I'll leave out accidental votes )

So, what's your point? Every opposition team or single candidate that stood in the last election would have all the above be it WP, SDP, NSP, SPP and RP.