• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Excuse me, can you give me a job?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you need help, your local RC will help you. Contact your nearest RC or come meet with your ward's MP or PAP grassroots advisor during the meet-the-people's session. Don't waste time with the lame duck opposition MPs. They can't help you.
You bloody pap gay want to give money and blow job is it ?

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you need help, your local RC will help you. Contact your nearest RC or come meet with your ward's MP or PAP grassroots advisor during the meet-the-people's session. Don't waste time with the lame duck opposition MPs. They can't help you.

I did learn some life-hacks or survival tricks during those difficult days which I still cling on to today.
Eg. Some people tell me that facial wash, shampoos, detergents (high margin items for supermarkets), are cheaper at CK. Yes, even cheaper than Sheng Siong. But now, i am buying my branded Pantene, Gatsby or Biore facial washes, shampoos, detergents at appx 50% cheaper from mama shops or outlets in foreign workers dormitory area. Foreign workers just buy enough for individual use and usually i will take almost all of the available item that i need from the shells so that I need not make multiple trips there. Eg. my Gatsby facial wash is just $3.40 per tube ($6 at cold storage.

These are not counterfeits.

In the later stage, I spoke to the shopkeepers and understood that Mandom, P&G, Johnson & Johnsons will frequently consolidate their unsold inventory (with another 6-12 months of shell-life) and offload them to the vendors at a tiny fraction to outlets in foreign workers dorm area. The middlemen makes millions a year by purchasing these excess inventory from these brands and the only trade-restriction is that they cannot be sold online or to mainstream supermarkets.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember an incident during my jobless day. I bought my family out for a meal at the hawker centre. I order a whole plate of chicken rice for each of my kids. Knowing that they had snacked two hours ago, they probably couldn't finish the whole plate, so I intended to let them have the meat and some rice while i could eat their remaining rice so that I could save on buying a plate for myself.

I took over a piece of meat and most of the rice from my eldest as he was indeed a little full, back then.

When my younger child couldn't finish his portion, i began to scoop the rice from his plate to eat and he burst in tears. He cried and said that I was naughty to take his food. He was so sad that I stole his food. He actually went on to finish his whole plate. I felt very ashamed of my cheapskatness and sitting besides me was a tiong family who was observing my family. I still remember the child from the tiong family made remarks like "又哭了" about my younger child although these tiong idiots were damn loud throughout the meal.

hahaa, sorry, say liao also feel sad.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was an incident that I went to a govt agency and got through all the interviews. The director liked me to be in his team and he was sincere about it.

He got his HR head to contact me for wages discussion. KNN, it was a pinoy. That pinoy low-balled me severely. My rank will be as high as the Pinoy, just in another division and he was fucking rude and arrogant, completely not interested to get me in the organisation (unlike the director). In the end, i didn't get the job but it kept me thinking; what is the future for locals when a Pinoy heads our local government agency's HR.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of jobs are on now contract basis because the employers do not want to commit to a severance package or reserve the right to give you a pay-cut if they are restructuring. I don't understand that even our civil services are resorting to such practices.

And who tells you that govt agencies will prioritize locals over foreigners? On payroll, they hire mostly locals but some of them outsource the whole admin, HR or finance functions to vendors who will use the cheaper foreigners. In the end, our PMET's pay becomes stagnant in recent years.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read about the retrenchment at SPH, actually these are the people who told us in their earlier writings that Singaporeans should be more competitive against foreigners, keep on retraining, improve, blah blah blah.

Yes, many Singaporeans suffered the same fate or worse of all, many of us were forced to leave our unhappy jobs without severance package.

Year-end is the retrenchment season for healthier companies because HR will use the allocated annual bonus to subsidize the severance compensation.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
merry Christmas and happy new year bonuses
retrenchment benefits huat man

I heard quite a few of the younger got retrenched because they are not as obedient as the seniors in their reportings.
And their severance package will be lighter because of their shorter stay in SPH.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
lowe-decor-blog-image.jpg

Anybody watched this movie before?

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard quite a few of the younger got retrenched because they are not as obedient as the seniors in their reportings.
And their severance package will be lighter because of their shorter stay in SPH.

Sumiko has been promoted to managing editor of the English/Malay/Tamil Media (EMTM) group at SPH.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember an incident during my jobless day. I bought my family out for a meal at the hawker centre. I order a whole plate of chicken rice for each of my kids. Knowing that they had snacked two hours ago, they probably couldn't finish the whole plate, so I intended to let them have the meat and some rice while i could eat their remaining rice so that I could save on buying a plate for myself.

I took over a piece of meat and most of the rice from my eldest as he was indeed a little full, back then.

When my younger child couldn't finish his portion, i began to scoop the rice from his plate to eat and he burst in tears. He cried and said that I was naughty to take his food. He was so sad that I stole his food. He actually went on to finish his whole plate. I felt very ashamed of my cheapskatness and sitting besides me was a tiong family who was observing my family. I still remember the child from the tiong family made remarks like "又哭了" about my younger child although these tiong idiots were damn loud throughout the meal.

hahaa, sorry, say liao also feel sad.
just in case you are not aware, next time if you are jobless again, can always go to hospital for free healthy nice lunch and dinner :smile:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just in case you are not aware, next time if you are jobless again, can always go to hospital for free healthy nice lunch and dinner :smile:

Can also go KFC and McDonald's to pamper yourself by eating the leftovers. You will get tired of the salt-free and oil-free hospital food in no time.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Your PAP MP will make you feel good ...you will come out of the session energized and all ready to take on the world. When you get up next morning, reality sets in ...you were conned.

PAP is the best.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your PAP MP will make you feel good ...you will come out of the session energized and all ready to take on the world. When you get up next morning, reality sets in ...you were conned.

PAP is the best.

I have been to the CDC Job Matching office.
Trust me, you will be sufficiently humiliated. They assume people are jobless because we are choosy.

In their mind, technically nobody will be jobless if the jobless are willing to settle for a low-ball $1500 security or cleaning job.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been to the CDC Job Matching office.
Trust me, you will be sufficiently humiliated. They assume people are jobless because we are choosy.

In their mind, technically nobody will be jobless if the jobless are willing to settle for a low-ball $1500 security or cleaning job.
My uncle told me he was offered $700 for cleaning job le where got $1500.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
A leader of the country once told me that is for the overall good of the nation; the country need misplaced PMETs like us, so that we have better-quality taxi drivers and property agents.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
knn my friend tried to help local boys
so recruited ten of them
knn one by one scoot off within a month
too lazy too soft cant take pressure
knn my friend toolan
now outsource to india
he is doing roaring business
profits soar now millionaire
local boys are really useless bums softies

If your friend has a well & employed a INDIAN to look after it...you better, get your friend to dig deep to check if the bottom of the well have piping for the 'snakes' have been siphoning the water for sale...same for a tank of petrol, diesel or any oil, even it is connected to a meter or even a silo of grains.

The local boys are simply too educated to steal..