• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Changing my mind about the PAP doesn't make me inconsistent. It simply means that they conducted a good enough campaign that convinced me to change my vote.

If the 6% swing from the PAP to the opposition in the last election is being applauded by many, why should my switching my loyalties from the opposition to the PAP be deemed "inconsistent"? Vote swings can go either way. It's part and parcel of the democratic process.

Woh ho ho! Your post that u "hate PAP to the core" was only few days earlier than your latest "my beloved PAP". What campaign did PAP conducted that was good enough to convince u to change your mind in only a few days? Oh yes, silly me, it must be the way they handled the MRT incident right?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:
Changing my mind about the PAP doesn't make me inconsistent. It simply means that they conducted a good enough campaign that convinced me to change my vote.

I am beginning to have the view that oversea-based citizens should not be given the right to vote as they will be basing their votes on what they remember of the past and not having experienced first hand the reality of the present. Alternately, those non-citizens based in Singapore should be given this right. In the UK this is exactly what is happening. Long stayers have the right to vote in the local election but not the national election. Since in Singapore there is only one election, my mind is only half made up.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am beginning to have the view that oversea-based citizens should not be given the right to vote as they will be basing their votes on what they remember of the past and not having experienced first hand the reality of the present. Alternately, those non-citizens based in Singapore should be given this right. In the UK this is exactly what is happening. Long stayers have the right to vote in the local election but not the national election. Since in Singapore there is only one election, my mind is only half made up.

No need lah, bro. Other overseas-based citizens don't have a warped logic like our forum host. He is probably the only one who thinks like this, so no point changing the rules for just one person.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a facsinating thread...

I agree with some of TracyTan866's conclusion but her arguementative skill leave much to be desired....

I dun agree with Boss half the time but he make compelling points .... I dun think he is trolling... he has a valid point... but most here are just too biased,,,

I thought Nice-Gook was a troll last time.... Learn so many things from him...please keep sharing....

It will still be 60% simply because that is the percentage of the Singaporean electorate that can see through the falsehoods that the opposition parties perpetuate and realise what an excellent party the PAP is.

This is stinkiest piece of bull shit I even come across in any forum other than that those I sprout myself....

The WP is no different. Just look at the number who entered parliament by hiding inside LTK's chinaman underwear.

True some of them could be better.... some are just loyalists being rewarded

race, religion, language are very sensitive and must be handled wisely...look at the SMRT saga and Seng Han Tong's issue..

motherhood statement from TT

The current generation are a different kettle of fish. They are self centered, lazy, stingy, unappreciative of the great things the govt does for them and totally oblivious to the hardships faced by segments of the community. The pretend to care but don't lift a finger to actually do anything to alleviate the plight of these poor unfortunate souls.

They waste both their time and their money on useless gadgets to boost their fragile self esteem. The 12 hours they spent queuing for an iPhone could have been channeled towards helping at an old folk's home or an orphanage. The $$$$ they spend on iPhones, iPads, Galaxies and what have you could have been put to much better use organising a food kitchen and a shelter for the homeless.

To the current generation of Sinkies, I spit on you twice over... PTUI.. PTUI.... and one more time for the heck of it. PTUUUIIIIIIII!!!!

ABsolute agreed with Boss on this. I am Gen Z or gen Y ... I absolute agree.... you can see how spoilt the youngster are even in poly .... just look at the Adelyn Hosehbo saga and Aaron Tan Saga....

the most recent poly transport subsidy make me puke ..... these poly kid spent 3 yrs not learning anything, working part time half the time.... piak around and watch K pop idol and every of these bratty kids have an iphone or galaxy tabs,.... and they have the cheek to ask for subsidy...? no sene of shame only a sense of entitlement which the OPP and even YPAP is flaming ... Philip Yeo is right hout govt being afraid of the people now

Those that have formed the government are the exceptions. They have sacrificed their time, their privacy and their freedom in order to keep Singapore successful and prosperous.
They may be young but they have earned my respect and admiration. I wish them the very best for their own sake and for the future of Singapore.

disagreed with boss... some may be like that.... like Tin PeilIng who took a lot of venom online.... but what about those coward like Steve Tan, Lim Hwee Hua amd George Yeo who have no fighting spirit at all ???

what about careerists like Sim Ann, Lawrence WOng, TCJ, CCS? they are all careerist for which politics is just another step in their public sector career .... these scums are the worst....

Yup,the telecoms simply entraps you by this so called freebies.In the same principal of debt trap-

But what is missing is the consumer protection by the government.When first the Hire Purchase came into being there were laws the protected the consumers so that unfamiliar consumers do not enter into contractual agreements they hardly understand.

WHAT debt trap? WHO FORCE YOU TO BUY IPHONE ??? like BOss, I am also on a cheapo phone and singtel i value.... do you really need to play mindless game on MRT??? whatever happen to reading a good book ???? no wonder sinkier are getting illiterate and becoming mindless zombies...
stop the culture of blame

Whether you take the subsidy and sign the two-year contract or you don't, you still pay the same subscription. You only lose the right to change operator during the two years. Most people accept the compromise and enjoy the subsidy.

you can take the phone and sell it... its like getting phone service for much cheaper.... I get upfront cash some more... hahaha

I'm sure many are enthralled by your investigative journalistic skills. However, you didn't dig deep enough or you would have discovered that I'm more consistent than anyone else when it comes to airing my views.

Boss is like my beloved Ron Paul..... consistent thats why they hate him....

People dun agree with you.... so dun let then vote ??? sound like LKY

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
freedalas said:
No need lah, bro. Other overseas-based citizens don't have a warped logic like our forum host. He is probably the only one who thinks like this, so no point changing the rules for just one person.

Merry Xmas.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
What campaign did PAP conducted that was good enough to convince u to change your mind in only a few days? Oh yes, silly me, it must be the way they handled the MRT incident right?

I'll be even more specific. It was this mature, balanced and profoundly insightful statement that Tin Pei Ling released regarding the MRT breakdown that made me realise she's not the bimbo that many have made her out to be. She is sensitive, talented, caring and a shining light to lead the current generation of Singaporeans. Hopefully, she can convince her generation to ditch their materialistic outlook towards life and acquire a social conscience so necessary in this day and age.

I have to admit that I too was influenced by the scorn and ridicule that was heaped upon her during the election campaign. I thought she was an airhead interested only in the baubles of office. I feel really ashamed of myself for drawing conclusions regarding her abilities without first doing my own research.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

you have to be a virtually vaginaless veteran to understand that he writes the total opposite of what his intestines tell him. the moment he posts something real out of his rectum, the mayan calendar truly comes to an end. :p

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eatshitndie said:
you have to be a virtually vaginaless veteran to understand that he writes the total opposite of what his intestines tell him. the moment he posts something real out of his rectum, the mayan calendar truly comes to an end. :p

By the way, the Mayan calendar did come to an end last Wednesday.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hail Chairman Lee !

mao-zedong.jpg

I'll be even more specific. It was this mature, balanced and profoundly insightful statement that Tin Pei Ling released regarding the MRT breakdown that made me realise she's not the bimbo that many have made her out to be. She is sensitive, talented, caring and a shining light to lead the current generation of Singaporeans. Hopefully, she can convince her generation to ditch their materialistic outlook towards life and acquire a social conscience so necessary in this day and age.

I have to admit that I too was influenced by the scorn and ridicule that was heaped upon her during the election campaign. I thought she was an airhead interested only in the baubles of office. I feel really ashamed of myself for drawing conclusions regarding her abilities without first doing my own research.

How do you know it wasn't a ghostwriter or something like that ? PAP got money to throw mah. You can't expect a CCP spokesperson to say much - politically inclined to PAP fascist advantage mah. Han Tong should keep quiet and let this Kate Spade do the commies talking.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Hail Chairman Lee !

now, I dunno whether Boss is trollin or not..... I also dun believe TIn Tin is the caricature that you guys think she is ....... I think she can trash Nicole because 5 years is forever in politics

but she is not representative of the PAP.... most of them are still rotten.... like Jason Neo, Sear Hock Rong, lionel de souza, seng han thong and choo wee khiang..

these are the representatives of the PAP... the rotten core.... TIn Tin, Halimah, Denise Phua and Lily Neo are the peripherals... they will never be able to influence policy

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a facsinating thread...

I agree with some of TracyTan866's conclusion but her arguementative skill leave much to be desired....

When you disagree with my arguments, there are three likely causes:

1. My argument is wrong.
2. My delivery is bad
3. Your understanding power is bad.

So which of the above caused you to disagree with my argument?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Hail Chairman Lee !

now, I dunno whether Boss is trollin or not..... I also dun believe TIn Tin is the caricature that you guys think she is ....... I think she can trash Nicole because 5 years is forever in politics

but she is not representative of the PAP.... most of them are still rotten.... like Jason Neo, Sear Hock Rong, lionel de souza, seng han thong and choo wee khiang..

these are the representatives of the PAP... the rotten core.... TIn Tin, Halimah, Denise Phua and Lily Neo are the peripherals... they will never be able to influence policy

Jason neo, Hock Rong, lionel, SHT etc can influence PAP policies?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is important for Singaporeans to speak up and convince those who are misled. We have failed if we do not speak the truth to overseas Singaporeans

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our money is all tied up with CPF and HDB, how to consume?

The whole economic structure is designed to support Temasek and its cronies.

Many Singaporeans still do not understand that the pap uses CPF, its liberal uses to pap for high medical costs and high housing cost, distortion of filial piety, distortion distortion of confucian values, high cost of living to keep singaporeans poor and subjugated.

Singaporeans must not overspend but live within their means and save more to be free from pap clutches and subjugation.

besides political dominance, the pap has used a more subtle economic dominance to control Singaporeans

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
When you disagree with my arguments, there are three likely causes:

1. My argument is wrong.
2. My delivery is bad
3. Your understanding power is bad.

Don't worry. It's "3". He has very poor comprehension skills. You are the best. Nobody comes close.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's Christmas this weekend so let stop whining for this festive season :biggrin:

Take a break .... guys :p

These are not whinings..

It is precisely during this time of good tidings that we shd wish SG and Singaporeans well. And nothing else beats good wishes which are spoken with truth as truth sets people free...no more under falsehood, fear nor bondages