• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BREAKING NEWS ; RIOT & EXPLOSIONS at Little India!!!

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think they can handle that kind of riot at little India. Their problem is they didn't know how to get there in time. They moved the convoy into a traffic jam. Something that is weird to happen to such a well trained force

I agree with your comment(s).

Perhaps, the SPF Special Ops Command may wish to learn a few ideas from the SAF and Commandos re: recce and advance party to rush there to provide an up to date assessment to enable the Special Ops men to determine where to form up.
In addition, the SPF Special Ops should also drive to various parts of Singapore, and walk the ground for familiarization.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree with your comment(s).

Perhaps, the SPF Special Ops Command may wish to learn a few ideas from the SAF and Commandos re: recce and advance party to rush there to provide an up to date assessment to enable the Special Ops men to determine where to form up.
In addition, the SPF Special Ops should also drive to various parts of Singapore, and walk the ground for familiarization.

I passby soc camp at bukit merah almost everyday. Every morning ard 9, the angchia will convoy out. Go where i dunno but seems to be training ops and follow by unmarked toyota hiace blue van with tinted window panels.

Btw, a suggestion to mata, for goodness sake, unmarked vehicles also be allocate "normal" license plate instead of the current license plate that the mata is currently using. If a layman like me can spot an unmarked vehicle then criminals also no problem lor.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I passby soc camp at bukit merah almost everyday. Every morning ard 9, the angchia will convoy out. Go where i dunno but seems to be training ops and follow by unmarked toyota hiace blue van with tinted window panels.

Btw, a suggestion to mata, for goodness sake, unmarked vehicles also be allocate "normal" license plate instead of the current license plate that the mata is currently using. If a layman like me can spot an unmarked vehicle then criminals also no problem lor.
I thought there is another Angchia Camp at Ayer Rajah...that day I went Colbar to eat, I saw a few of them all there...

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Meng ge!
please verify if the below is true?

ah neh used molotov cocktail to burn mata and ang-chia?

The ability and know how to use the usemolotov cocktail by the rioters tells us that the case is not simple as what PAP claimed.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Little India as I said should be meant for tourists...not am ah nehs enclave where there are drunkards..loitering...hooliganism all fused into one. The PAP has always turned a blind eye when residents complained...lip service attitude by PAP has resulyed in this riot. The MPs of these area should offer their resignation cos they have let the residents of Little India down.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought there is another Angchia Camp at Ayer Rajah...that day I went Colbar to eat, I saw a few of them all there...

just normal / routine show of force - patrolling areas where foreigners normally congregate eg holland village, Clarke quay, opposite the amari-kan embassy etc.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
7 acquitted of Little India riot charges, 53 others to be repatriated

By Sharon See
POSTED: 17 Dec 2013 16:44

Singapore police have withdrawn the charges against seven of the 35 Indian nationals charged with rioting in Little India on December 8. The other 28 remain charged with rioting.

SINGAPORE: Singapore police have withdrawn the charges against seven of the 35 Indian nationals charged with rioting in Little India on December 8.

The other 28 remain charged with rioting.

They are accused of playing an active role in the incident on December 8.

At a news conference on Tuesday afternoon, police also said they rounded up an additional 53 people on Tuesday morning.

They comprise 52 Indian nationals and one Bangladeshi national.

Chairing the news conference, Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean said the 53 people were identified to have taken part in the riot, and to have failed to obey police orders to disperse.

Mr Teo, who is also Coordinating Minister for National Security and Home Affairs Minister, said the response of the 53 people makes their continued presence in Singapore "undesirable".

Those workers will be repatriated once outstanding matters such as the issuance of their salary and other administrative matters have been settled.

During this period, the Indian and Bangladeshi High Commissions have full consular access to these individuals.

Some 200 other South Asian workers who were also present at the scene will be issued police advisories.

No further actions will be taken against them -- they will be allowed to stay on to work as police have determined their involvement at the riot to be "relatively passive".

As for the traffic accident that sparked the riot, police commissioner Ng Joo Hee said investigations are ongoing.

He also said police are taking extra care with the case as it was a trigger for the riot.

So police have also appointed an independent expert in accident reconstruction to work on the case.

Police are also expected to provide updates midweek on the temporary alcohol ban for Little India and the suspension of private transport services there during the weekend.

- CNA/nd

JohnnyCage

Alfrescian
Loyal

Updated: 12/18/2013 17:43 | By Channel NewsAsia

Little India alcohol ban to continue for up to 6 months

E860C7FC203B6F81CFFBD6402E93BC.jpg

SINGAPORE: The ban on alcohol consumption in public areas of Little India will continue for up to six months, until the Committee of Inquiry makes its recommendations.

The police announced this at a media conference on Wednesday, adding the ban will be in force every weekend, public holiday and eve of public holiday.

The police said it has good reason to believe that alcohol consumption and intoxication in public areas had contributed to the riot at Little India on December 8.

But shops in the zone holding retail and wholesale licences will be able to sell alcohol, though for shorter hours.

The retail hours are from 6am to 8pm on weekends, eve of public holidays and on public holidays.

The move will affect 134 outlets such as liquor shops and convenience stores.

The police said this will stop customers from having "easy access" to alcohol during peak crowd periods.

Police said one of the considerations was finding an appropriate balance between the various competing interests of businesses and residents at Little India.

As such, feedback from various stakeholders was taken into consideration.

For establishments like restaurants, hotels, pubs and coffee shops holding public house and beer house licences, the ban on sale and consumption of alcohol will be lifted.

But consumption must be within their premises. This will affect about 240 outlets.

Deputy Commissioner of Police Raja Kumar said: "We would encourage as a best practice for the hawkers who are selling alcohol to basically not sell unopened bottles of beer. So you will know it's going to be then consumed there and then."

25 Little India bus services run by private bus operators will resume this Sunday, but at half the number of scheduled buses for a start.

This will reduce the number of people ferried to Little India from 20,000 to 10,000-12,000.

DC Kumar said: "These measures are likely to remain in place for the time being, with adjustments at the margins as we take stock of the situation after this weekend and over the rest of the month.

“Specifically for the alcohol-related measures, we will also refer to findings from the ongoing public consultation on liquor sale and consumption at public places and the COI findings and recommendations.”

The police will continue to maintain a strong presence in Little India.

The Manpower Ministry said it is encouraging the major dormitory operators to provide more recreational activities for its residents.

Some dormitories will be organising movie screenings this weekend.

It is hoped this will provide workers alternative ways to relax and enjoy themselves on their rest days.

The police also said they take a serious view of assault complaints and will investigate thoroughly.

A group of civil society volunteers had earlier called for investigations, after it said workers who were remanded had complained of police assault.

DC Kumar said: "If criminal charges are disclosed, the police will not hesitate to take criminal action against the errant officer concerned. However if the allegations are found to be false, appropriate action, in accordance with our laws, will be taken against any persons who have furnished false information to the police.” - CNA/xq

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Live Report from Little India - Saturday 5.30pm

Very peaceful and serene. This should be Little India!
Lots of police patrols...pleasant place to visit if you previously do not wanna come. :biggrin:

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Live Report from Little India - Saturday 5.30pm

Very peaceful and serene. This should be Little India!
Lots of police patrols...pleasant place to visit if you previously do not wanna come. :biggrin:

dont try too hard to impress with another Inf-Comp ok

stale news dont sell anymore....now fuck off!!!

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could not resist a quick drop-in at race course road for some makan this evening. All back to normal.

You guys should be back to full steam bitching by tomorrow afternoon.

jw5

Loyal
Could not resist a quick drop-in at race course road for some makan this evening. All back to normal.

You guys should be back to full steam bitching by tomorrow afternoon.

Kah Ch$ng, do you call your wife and children "you guys" as well?

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was right...forummer wendy chan just opened a thread moaning about the jaywalking and her solution was to yell at people saying 'do you want to start another riot?"

What a classic.

jw5

Loyal
I was right...forummer wendy chan just opened a thread moaning about the jaywalking and her solution was to yell at people saying 'do you want to start another riot?"

What a classic.

Aiyah, relax lah. Why be such a bitch all the time? Because in real life you must fake it?
Take it easy lah, forget about what your parents told you about Harry. Get your own personality.
It's not too late, you are still not too old.