• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best factory outlet in california - pls help

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
here are some mi-fi rental sites:

the verizon 4g lte mi-fi offers the fastest speed in data throughput.

Thanks eatshitndie, sorry I still don't really get it about these machines.

1. When they say rental for the machine, does the cost include the cost of data download? (if this is the case then its like unlimited data plan)

2. Does the machine by itself is already able to receive data from internet and then through it transmit the data to the iPhone by wifi, is this how it work?

Last edited:

RelackLah

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was also the first time I saw a real Chinatown, i.e. a town with Chinese majority in a country with non-Chinese majority. The Chinese there are so different from Singapore Chinese in behavior and bearing, no disgusting Singapore Chinese habits like putting a leg up on the chair while eating or both legs up in a bus. The Chinese food is also par excellence, way better than Singapore Chinese food, not only in taste by also in hygiene.

The food is so good because it is HongKong food. Have you noticed that they all speak Cantonese? It is the same thing in NY, maybe even more variety. In Vancouver, they even have 9pm all-you-can-eat-sushi, and all-you-can-eat steamboat!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It must be one of the most beautifully liveable cities in the US, if not the world. I read from brochures that there're many other attractions but too bad, I hadn't enough time. My biggest regret was not having enough time to visit Golden Gate Bridge, just could gaze at it from a distance from Fisherman's Wharf.

What a waste. You should have crossed Golden Gate to Sausalito and Larkspur.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks eatshitndie, sorry I still don't really get it about these machines.

1. When they say rental for the machine, does the cost include the cost of data download? (if this is the case then its like unlimited data plan)

2. Does the machine by itself is already able to receive data from internet and then through it transmit the data to the iPhone by wifi, is this how it work?

the price quoted is per week and includes rental of device and data usage, not just downstream but also upstream as an aggregate. depending on carrier, there are surcharges after the initial data cap. with verizon, it's up to 2g of data, and the rental affiliate or reseller will charge you extra for anything over 2g. i think it is similar with at&t and sprint, except for minor tweaks with the data cap.

the mi-fi device connects automatically with the internet via 3g or 4g and transmits and receives data to and from the iphone via wi-fi. there's no need for software mods, upgrades, downloads, or any changes to the iphone.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
the price quoted is per week and includes rental of device and data usage, not just downstream but also upstream as an aggregate. depending on carrier, there are surcharges after the initial data cap. with verizon, it's up to 2g of data, and the rental affiliate or reseller will charge you extra for anything over 2g. i think it is similar with at&t and sprint, except for minor tweaks with the data cap.

the mi-fi device connects automatically with the internet via 3g or 4g and transmits and receives data to and from the iphone via wi-fi. there's no need for software mods, upgrades, downloads, or any changes to the iphone.

Thank you eatshitndie. Its so clear for me now.

By the way I had gathered all that you and the other contributors of this thread had given me and will look through all of them to plan.

Thanks all of you who had helped me.