• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best factory outlet in california - pls help

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought he acted in several westerns before Dirty Harry.

In the 60's Sporeans saw him on TV in the western Rawhide. Then he appeared in a number of spaghetti westerns like A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Personally prefer his early movies :smile:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think bro Joetys may be in time for the Bayto Breaker Parade. :biggrin:

bay to breakers is a competitive run from the bayside south of market to the great highway on the pacific coast. there are monetary awards for top runners. many bayareans treat it as a fun run and adorn themselves in silly costumes and sometimes nothing. for those who have never seen a hairy twat, it's an opportunity to see chicks do their bio breaks out in the open.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
First of all you guys are all GREAT! Thanks! Come Thailand I will sure open bottles for you all!

I think bro Joetys may be in time for the Bayto Breaker Parade. :biggrin:

Will check this out Ramsy.

Joeyts, do you like golf? If you do, don't forget to stop over at Pebble Beach Golf Academy on your way to Monterey. You will probably pass by Cannery Row Factory, reminiscent of John Steinbeck.

I am not up to standard yet maybe can go just to visit like what I did at Jacksonville a few years ago the golf courses there are worth to visit.

If the trip is for her benefit, then maybe you can narrow down the options by revealing more about whats she enjoys doing e.g. shopping, enjoys nature, eating, etc. :confused:

Noted johnny333, very good advise.

If you are in the area, in Carmel you can visit Clint Eastwoods ex-restaurant the Hog's Breath Inn :smile:

Can read about it here http://gocalifornia.about.com/cs/montereycarmel/a/clintcarmel.htm

Cool may do that. While in Chicago a few years ago I visited the Michael Jordon restaurant and it was really good in terms of the deco basketball theme and food really great and gigantic portion.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Whenever I travel I will call my mobile provider AIS for subscription to unlimited data roaming service which costs 1,400 baht per 5 days which is about $58 or $11.70 per day. Considering its for work this is not too expensive. Most of ASEAN countries and also Japan and China has this service as they partner with AIS.

I just call AIS and found out that they do not have this with any USA service providers. Can someone advise what is the best option while in States to get hold of unlimited data roaming plan SIM card? I will be there for 17 days.

RelackLah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to the outlet at Las Vegas, it was superb.. great savings especially on American brands... Below is the SF outlet

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=23

Joetsys, yes, the premium outlet recommended by garlic is humongous.

If your wife intends to buy Coach there, make sure you bring some sort of identification that corresponds to your credit card. You can use either your passport or your driver's license. Alternatively, even a photostat copy of the passport will do. They are so afraid people buy them and sell them in China for a profit.

Also, do remember when you shop in the US, make sure the salesperson who helps you rings up the sale. They get a commission so it is not fair if someone helps you and another joker jumps in and gets the reward. The elegant slim white lady in the Coach store is very helpful and she can surely advise your wife. Then those Filipinas will hang around and hope to ring up the sale.

If your wife intends to do extensive shopping, suggest you bring 2 suitcases each (allowed under SIA for travel to US) and 1/4 fill each of them. Split up your stuff so that each suitcase has sufficient to last you at least a day. Reason is that SF airport is notorious for lost baggage. Had gone without proper clothes for business meeting. So now handluggage has essentials plus 1 clean shirt and office pants.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If your wife intends to do extensive shopping, suggest you bring 2 suitcases each (allowed under SIA for travel to US) and 1/4 fill each of them. Split up your stuff so that each suitcase has sufficient to last you at least a day. Reason is that SF airport is notorious for lost baggage. Had gone without proper clothes for business meeting. So now handluggage has essentials plus 1 clean shirt and office pants.

Can always travel light and buy your luggage over there. That's what I did bought new luggage on one of my trips there

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whenever I travel I will call my mobile provider AIS for subscription to unlimited data roaming service which costs 1,400 baht per 5 days which is about $58 or $11.70 per day. Considering its for work this is not too expensive. Most of ASEAN countries and also Japan and China has this service as they partner with AIS.

I just call AIS and found out that they do not have this with any USA service providers. Can someone advise what is the best option while in States to get hold of unlimited data roaming plan SIM card? I will be there for 17 days.
if you carry the iphone 4s, you can check with sprint for the unlimited data plan. they are the only iphone carrier in the u.s. with an unlimited data plan. but you have to sign up for 2 years to get their sim. to use ais sim on sprint, don't think they have worked out a roaming agreement yet. at&t has a gsm and hspa network and should have roaming agreement with ais, but data roaming is atrociously expensive. verizon relies on vodafone for all gsm and hspa roaming outside of u.s. both sprint and verizon run cdma networks, and the iphone 4s is capable of both gsm/hspa and cdma, but is configured for only one mode by carriers depending on technology used.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Joetsys, yes, the premium outlet recommended by garlic is humongous.

If your wife intends to buy Coach there, make sure you bring some sort of identification that corresponds to your credit card. You can use either your passport or your driver's license. Alternatively, even a photostat copy of the passport will do. They are so afraid people buy them and sell them in China for a profit.

Also, do remember when you shop in the US, make sure the salesperson who helps you rings up the sale. They get a commission so it is not fair if someone helps you and another joker jumps in and gets the reward. The elegant slim white lady in the Coach store is very helpful and she can surely advise your wife. Then those Filipinas will hang around and hope to ring up the sale.

Thank you so very much RelakLah for all your pointers. As for extra suitcases I have a habit to stuff my clothes into a smaller soft suitcase and then put this case into a bigger hard case. In this case I have an extra suitcase to use and a large one some more. Also my limit is 40kg so I have plenty of space :biggrin:. You live in States now?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
if you carry the iphone 4s, you can check with sprint for the unlimited data plan. they are the only iphone carrier in the u.s. with an unlimited data plan. but you have to sign up for 2 years to get their sim. to use ais sim on sprint, don't think they have worked out a roaming agreement yet. at&t has a gsm and hspa network and should have roaming agreement with ais, but data roaming is atrociously expensive. verizon relies on vodafone for all gsm and hspa roaming outside of u.s. both sprint and verizon run cdma networks, and the iphone 4s is capable of both gsm/hspa and cdma, but is configured for only one mode by carriers depending on technology used.

Thanks eatshitndie. Like this I think I siao liao la. Got to be connected. I wonder if wifi is easily available. My recent visits to northern Japan was surprising, wifi is so hard to get.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
joetys said:
Thanks eatshitndie. Like this I think I siao liao la. Got to be connected. I wonder if wifi is easily available. My recent visits to northern Japan was surprising, wifi is so hard to get.

Not only wifi but is your handphones cellular of the right radio system?

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been SF only once for three nights, sent there to attend a banking conference. Outside conference hours, beside downtown the financial district naturally, I only got to visit Chinatown and Fisherman's Wharf. I was very impressed. It must be one of the most beautifully liveable cities in the US, if not the world. I read from brochures that there're many other attractions but too bad, I hadn't enough time. My biggest regret was not having enough time to visit Golden Gate Bridge, just could gaze at it from a distance from Fisherman's Wharf. Don't miss the seafood and souvenir shopping there.

That was also the first time I saw a real Chinatown, i.e. a town with Chinese majority in a country with non-Chinese majority. The Chinese there are so different from Singapore Chinese in behavior and bearing, no disgusting Singapore Chinese habits like putting a leg up on the chair while eating or both legs up in a bus. The Chinese food is also par excellence, way better than Singapore Chinese food, not only in taste by also in hygiene.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

free wi-fi is available at every starbucks store. many public places such as airports, city halls, civic centers, libraries and plazas provide free public wi-fi. some towns and cities provide free wi-fi throughout busy streets, major intersections and popular hang-outs. check out gadget kiosks or mi-fi rentals at the airport. you may be able to rent a mi-fi at a reasonable rate. mi-fi is a tiny mobile hotspot device the size of a credit card. your iphone, ipad, ipod touch and macbook will work with any mi-fi. it uses 3g or 4g for access to the internet, and your phone can tether via wi-fi to it as though it is connected to the local 3g or 4g network.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
check out gadget kiosks or mi-fi rentals at the airport.

eatshitndie, this is great news about the mi-fi. If have this it means I can be very mobile throughout my stay in US. If I rent one in LA can I use it in Honolulu and then while I drive all around San Francisco and also while on the move when there is 3G signal? Also does this come with unlimited data plan?

Hey I google mifi and found this

800px-MiFi2372.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I've booked my flight:

BOOKING REF : AMADEUS: 6DKAGS, AIRLINE: TG
FROM /TO FLIGHT CL DATE DEP FARE BASIS NVB NVA BAG ST

BKK SUVARNABHUM TG 0794 Q 27APR 1930 QLE3MTH 27JUL 2PC OK
LOS ANGELES SEAT:53J ARRIVAL TIME: 2135
TERMINAL:B

LOS ANGELES TG 0795 Q 13MAY 1310 QLE3MTH 27JUL 2PC OK
TERMINAL:B
BKK SUVARNABHUM SEAT:58H ARRIVAL TIME: 2250

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eatshitndie, this is great news about the mi-fi. If have this it means I can be very mobile throughout my stay in US. If I rent one in LA can I use it in Honolulu and then while I drive all around San Francisco and also while on the move when there is 3G signal? Also does this come with unlimited data plan?

if you're on the move with mi-fi, you're connected where ever there is 3g or 4g coverage. when switched on, it uses up battery life rapidly, thus you want to charge it in car while driving or overnight in hotel when sleeping. for rentals, i don't think there is any unlimited data plan. need to look up rental kiosks at sfo, honolulu or lax.

Last edited:

RelackLah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you so very much RelakLah for all your pointers. As for extra suitcases I have a habit to stuff my clothes into a smaller soft suitcase and then put this case into a bigger hard case. In this case I have an extra suitcase to use and a large one some more. Also my limit is 40kg so I have plenty of space :biggrin:. You live in States now?

Well, since the 2 of you are allowed 4 suitcases altogether, you may want to open them up and split your stuff over 4 of them so that if something gets lost in SF airport, you have something to wear/use. The luggage will eventually be found and sent to the lost-baggage address. For people who live in SF, it is not a problem, but for people like you who are on the move, it is damn inconvenient. If you observe carefully, many Americans who travel for 5 days or less do not bother with check-in luggage. They wheel around this hard-case cabin trolley. More reliable, they say. American baggage handlers are the pits; lost, delayed, stolen....you name it, they have it. The great equaliser; whether you pay 1st class or coach class, your luggage may still get delayed.

Someone was mentioning buying luggage; yes, it can be done quite easily. Many outlet shops have Samsonite and the brand is reliable. Otherwise, can be quite expensive. Not like Shanghai or BKK, everywhere can find cheap luggage.

Yes, used to live in the States. Now no more.