• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

珍远记 XO Fishead soup at Balestier

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1f489acd.jpg

a1627257.jpg

f3457f92.jpg

Was at Balestier side today and was hungry. I passed by this shop, bioed a long time already, today finally have a chance to eat this.

I'm not a fan of XO kind of fish soup, too gimmicky. So I ordered a normal fish head soup and my friend ordered slice fish soup.

Wah, it surprised me really, the stall look ordinary but the food are good. They use 生鱼,it is fresh and the soup are tasty (milky kind), got at least 10 pcs on the Fishead soup, and 6 damn thick slices of fish from the fish slice soup. Look at the pic!!!!

Overall, I rated 4/5 for this, strongly recommended. Try their garlic HK kailan and steamed mince pork with salted fish, freshly steamed.

Cost: $6 per bowl, think managed by Malaysian helpers

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was at Balestier side today and was hungry. I passed by this shop, bioed a long time already, today finally have a chance to eat this.

I'm not a fan of XO kind of fish soup, too gimmicky. So I ordered a normal fish head soup and my friend ordered slice fish soup.

Wah, it surprised me really, the stall look ordinary but the food are good. They use 生鱼,it is fresh and the soup are tasty (milky kind), got at least 10 pcs on the Fishead soup, and 6 damn thick slices of fish from the fish slice soup. Look at the pic!!!!

Overall, I rated 4/5 for this, strongly recommended. Try their garlic HK kailan and steamed mince pork with salted fish, freshly steamed.

Agree. Food is great. Decent pricing. Hard to find carpark lots. Beware tiok summons. They will frequent this location on an almost daily basis. I kena twice. Made my meal very very ex.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The prawn paste chicken (ha chiong kai) and coffee pork ribs or something like that also bay phai jiak. At least 10 transit hotels along that road, in case a quickie is needed before/after meal. I think there is a Fragrance metres away.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
One thing about Toman fish, once the serving is coLd; the gamey smeLL turns up.Which is why they cooked it with
Lots of gingers and the addition of miLk to mask the fLavour..:cool:

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When my page opened up, was admiring the building.
Always take an interesting in good recommendations,
so take a closer look of the name and shop,
it looks like 珍达记

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AK, thanks for the lobang, I make it part of my food itinerary if I visit SG.

I like fish slice soup (Yu Pin) with rough Bee hoon (Chor Bee Hoon). :smile:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One thing about Toman fish, once the serving is coLd; the gamey smeLL turns up.Which is why they cooked it with
Lots of gingers and the addition of miLk to mask the fLavour..:cool:

As Toman aka giant snakehead is a freshwater fish they tend to have a more fishy smell.. You're right.. Must add more ginger to cover the flavour.. For those who enjoy fishing and loves Toman, can try fishing at Macritichie Reservoir for these Tomans.. Quite a few big ones there..

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
you always hungry la thats why you nearly 100kg :p. Good one bro...i like fish soup.

[Was at Balestier side today and was hungry. Overall, I rated 4/5 for this, strongly recommended. Try their garlic HK kailan and steamed mince pork with salted fish, freshly steamed.

Cost: $6 per bowl, think managed by Malaysian helpers

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
As Toman aka giant snakehead is a freshwater fish they tend to have a more fishy smell.. You're right.. Must add more ginger to cover the flavour.. For those who enjoy fishing and loves Toman, can try fishing at Macritichie Reservoir for these Tomans.. Quite a few big ones there..
Some pantang chinese choose not to eat toman, esp for staunch buddhists..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Where aunties go to work carrying baskets, before making some $ to do marketing..It's stiLL the onLy Licenced Bar to be opening at 9.30am for buisness. Lai Lai Lai ! ...:biggrin: