• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

珍远记 XO Fishead soup at Balestier

jw5

Loyal
One thing about Toman fish, once the serving is coLd; the gamey smeLL turns up.Which is why they cooked it with
Lots of gingers and the addition of miLk to mask the fLavour..:cool:

I think garouper is the best fish to use for fish soup but only know of 2 stalls in SG which have it.
One is in Bukit Timah Market and Hawker Centre (opposite Bukit Timah Plaza) and the other is in Golden Mile Hawker Centre (opposite Golden Mile Plaza).
Anyone knows of any other stalls using garouper in their sliced fish soup?
Tks.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think garouper is the best fish to use for fish soup but only know of 2 stalls in SG which have it.
One is in Bukit Timah Market and Hawker Centre (opposite Bukit Timah Plaza) and the other is in Golden Mile Hawker Centre (opposite Golden Mile Plaza).
Anyone knows of any other stalls using garouper in their sliced fish soup?
Tks.
i do not wish to be a party spoiLer, but serving some fresh water fish is Like doing injustice to the cuLinary
know-hows of otherwise a great dining experience of having the reaL stuffs..:cool:

jw5

Loyal
i do not wish to be a party spoiLer, but serving some fresh water fish is Like doing injustice to the cuLinary
know-hows of otherwise a great dining experience of having the reaL stuffs..:cool:

Sometimes if one person or have only $10 in the pocket but feel like eating fish, still have to eat fish soup and not one whole fish.
Having one steamed whole garouper is definitely better, but sometimes, it's not possible or practical.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Holland Village XO Fish bee hoon better. It has now shifted to a new secret location.

Saw a segment on this HoLLand V XO Fish bee hoon dish hosted by Fiona , but what put me off was the whoLe serving was done on some meLanie pLastic bowLs ! ! :eek:..

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fresh water fish is best cooked in curry style, my all time fav :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same here,bro! I hate people serving me kopio in styrofoam cups! It shld always be drunk in the thick porcelain cup, not even a glass.

Saw a segment on this HoLLand V XO Fish bee hoon dish hosted by Fiona , but what put me off was the whoLe serving was done on some meLanie pLastic bowLs ! ! :eek:..

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Balestier Shopping center got cinema meh? Suaku me never heard of it...

No lah, watching Dark Knight at Balestier shopping centre, went there early so go eat there lor....

This is a place where I will visit again next time if I'm nearby :biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of the top fishhead beehoon used to be 家嫂 but as with many things in sinkieland standards dropped liao
There use to be one good one in Chinatown HC call 安记. Near the famous (联合本记 claypot rice. Last taken was at least 10 years ago.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There use to be one good one in Chinatown HC call 安记. Near the famous (联合本记 claypot rice. Last taken was at least 10 years ago.

I only know thats one 兴隆 behind this claypot rice....famous for their steam 松鱼 fish head.
The daughter in law is Thai and an old friend....she always gives me extra servings :biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I only know thats one 兴隆 behind this claypot rice....famous for their steam 松鱼 fish head.
The daughter in law is Thai and an old friend....she always gives me extra servings :biggrin:
This hawker centre is the only one that I will visit everyday when I am back in SG. I avoid mondays cos' many stall closed as no pork on mondays. Not sure this tradition still in practice?

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was there last week. Sitting next to our table were a group of prc cunts. They wore cheap perfume macham like eau de bubblegum !! Yucks. !!

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yup, stiLL in practice; as Long as the bookies are stiLL in operation.Cos monday is the day to settLe the bets..
:smile: