• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Sinkie Snowflake Upset That Pub Isn't Halal And Serves Pork!

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chun Fong Avril
about 2 weeks ago
Was actually happy when they reopened, because my fiance and I used to frequent them before they disappeared for awhile without any notice. It really seems as per what a customer said in an earlier review - that they do not take pride in their eatery nor value their customers.
Yesterday I facebook messaged them to ask if they are Halal certified. My message was simple: "Hi are you guys halal certified?" The reply was shocking and upsetting: "Hi Chun. Why do you ask such a question. This is Singapore not Saudi Arabia. Anyway. You'll be pleased to know that we are a pork loving restaurant. Peace be with you."
Nope not going back anymore neither will I ever again recommend this place to my family and friends.

Look at this pretentious stupid bitch. There's no such thing as FIANCE in Singapore. The term - 'Fiance' is used by insecure stupid bitches who are not married to their men, but managed to force them to accept this meaningless change of title.

Why don't she do a hyphenated family name such as fong-tan Avril?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's the stupid broad....

931392_10151712771826934_155212982_n.jpg

1039801_10151761085031934_1428040744_o.jpg

Hey look at me, i am stupid, but i am flexible!

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
So the question was posed by a non-Muslim presumably because she was going to ask her Muslim friends along - as she is obviously ignorant of the norms around what is halal food she gets rebuked for asking and then points out that the answer was not appropriate (let's just assume she is naive).

So why the condemnation of Malays/Muslims then?

On the other hand, the Gulf airlines (and non Gulf airlines) serve halal food and alcohol side by side and the status qui does not negate the "halal" status of the food so maybe it's not as dumb a question from her perspective?

Again just find it curious that the vitriol is hurled at a particular group who do not appear to be direct actors in this saga. If a Malay Muslim family had complained after going to a pub I could understand but this is a real stretch including saying that the pub should had stood their ground.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So the question was posed by a non-Muslim presumably because she was going to ask her Muslim friends along - as she is obviously ignorant of the norms around what is halal food she gets rebuked for asking and then points out that the answer was not appropriate (let's just assume she is naive).

So why the condemnation of Malays/Muslims then?

Trust me, the Chinese broad was naïve — and dumb. I know many local Chinese youth who know very little of the cultural practices of the other ethnic groups – thanks to the segregationist policies of the PAP govt. Many think that if the food doesn't contain pork, it's halal. Most of the SAP school alumni I know did not have a single minority friend throughout their school years.

And yes, the vitriol hurled at the Malays/Muslims in this thread is unwarranted.

That said, I didn't find the restaurant's reply particularly offensive: "This is Singapore, not Saudi Arabia." Not a rude reply by any stretch, nor an attack on Muslims, but a sarcastic reminder to what they felt was a stupid question posed by a Chinese that this being Singapore, you wouldn't imagine a pub to be certified halal in the first place.

I'm very sure had the questioner been a Malay, the restaurant would have replied in a more neutral manner.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trust me, the Chinese broad was naïve — and dumb. I know many local Chinese youth who know very little of the cultural practices of the other ethnic groups – thanks to the segregationist policies of the PAP govt. Many think that if the food doesn't contain pork, it's halal. Most of the SAP school alumni I know did not have a single minority friend throughout their school years.

And yes, the vitriol hurled at the Malays/Muslims in this thread is unwarranted.

That said, I didn't find the restaurant's reply particularly offensive: "This is Singapore, not Saudi Arabia." Not a rude reply by any stretch, nor an attack on Muslims, but a sarcastic reminder to what they felt was a stupid question posed by a Chinese that this being Singapore, you wouldn't imagine a pub to be certified halal in the first place.

I'm very sure had the questioner been a Malay, the restaurant would have replied in a more neutral manner.

Many stupid broads in Singapore for sure.

Can't cook. Can't do housework. Says those should be done by a maid. Totally useless. Excellent in spending money on useless shit like Prada, Celine and Chanel though.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many stupid broads in Singapore for sure.

Can't cook. Can't do housework. Says those should be done by a maid. Totally useless. Excellent in spending money on useless shit like Prada, Celine and Chanel though.

One of my American friends — an expat — made this observation after a month here: S'porean girls are good at only 3 things — eating, shopping & fucking.

An exaggeration, but not far from the truth.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my American friends — an expat — made this observation after a month here: S'porean girls are good at only 3 things — eating, shopping & fucking.

An exaggeration, but not far from the truth.

I made one slight correction....

One of my American friends — an expat — made this observation after a month here: S'porean girls are good at only 3 things — eating, shopping & nothing else

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You still don't get it. Why the double standards???? If they find pigs and pork dirty, by the same logic all their parts should be dirty. It's like saying you find you can give birth and still be a virgin or kill someone and still go to heaven and be given 72 virgins. that's why almost all religions are nonsense. atheism and scientific wisdom is the best.

Every new surah of the Quran, the first sentence is BisMilla Hi RahmanniRahim.
It means In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful.

Its mentioned many times in the Quran life is precious. Tats why Muslims are discourage fm taking own life. So Pigs may be filthy but in times of emergency like war and teres no available food except pigs, then it is permissable to eat pork cos Allah is merciful and do not wish to make us difficult such as die from hunger. Islam is a way of life and is flexible. Would u rather be stubborn and die of hunger when theres food available during war time? Its filthy but not poison.

Killing someone intentionally is already a sin. U dont have the chance to even smell heaven. Express to Hell.

"Nor take life -- which Allah has made sacred -- except for just cause". [Quran 17:33]