• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What my Thai friend thinks about Singaporean

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello bro suteerak,
Not sure whether you still remember me?
We had a short conversation in phasa thai b4 in sby forum under health club n karaoke.
And ended up having so much war with other jealous forumer about us speaking in phasa thai amongst ourselves such as Bro JWNY and yourself......... Note :
This conversation is just between me and bro suteerak so I hope no one will come in and start a war.Pls respect our wish.
sawadeeeeeee~~ nan mai dai kui gan liao. chuang nee sabai dee reu? maa-wa rao poot thai dai, lae mee bang khon jer liao it-chaa. khao chop bon gor hai khao bon la, mai hen bpen rai leui.

poot tueng nee, pom mai keui yoo mueng-thai naan. suan-yai bpai gor mai gern nueng sabdaa. laeo dtae wella kong pom laeo dtae wella kong faen duai. took khon gor mee turak, mee para tee bahn. ta dai samak bpai ying naan, rao ja ru-seuk dee ying mak duai.

reung yai bpai yoo mueng thai dtalort, pom gor yang paen yoo. pror mai yak hai faen bpen huang, mai yak hai faen lambak duai. ta dai samak pert turakit kong dtua eng, hen wa na-ja dee gwaa. mai dtong riip koi koi doo, koi koi paen, ta dai oh-gart gor ja bpai nae-non.

pasa-thai geng reu mai geng mai hen bpen jambpen mak gwa gaan-ngern. hak-wa yoo dai gor yoo dai, yoo mai dai gor yoo mai dai, leao-dtae kwam samak kong took khon, pror bang-khon mee ngern dtae mai chin, lae mee bang khon mai koi mee ngern yer dtae gor chin dai. chiwiit dtor-bpai gor leui-leui... koi bpen koi bpai nor. ruu-seuk wa chiwiit mee kwam-suk lae mee kwam-rak yoo kup faen jambpen samkaan tee-soot. hen duui mai?

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
...... 1.overly discplined
2.Mechanical
3.Smart
4.No sex appeal

This is an opinion and usually there is "no smoke without Fire ".

Anyway my Thai friends main observation about Singaporeans is that many still have to work until very old.They were surprised to see many elderly Singaporeans working as cleaners,road sweepers, taxi drivers ect2 in what is supposedly an affluent society.
perhaps that's 1 of the reasons y many choose to uproot & resettle elsewhere. to the thais, they'd perceive the act of making our elders slog for a living as unfilial. nonetheless, they'd never understand the scales of economics here, compared to their's. many to whom i've explained the situation in sg, n the sentiments of migration... most of whom raise both hands in agreement.

to the rest of the world, they only see 1 side of the coin (as advertised overseas). upon arrival, despite marvelling at the structures & developments available, the biggest flaw is nt being able to hide reality. witnessing the aged working in fastfood chains, cleaners, hawkers, garbage collectors (collecting cardboard cartons & alu cans), taxi drivers.... all that combined, killed their pleasure of the holiday trip. the common remark they (not only thais) give; "life in sg is so sad. even the old cant retire? wat's wrong with sg?"

however, the saving grace that i've received so far, about their impressions on sg men arent always dampening. most of whom find our men to be very independant, diligent, responsible. rich or not rich is nt really the biggest issue - for to each his own capacity. many give the thumbs up that sg men make very good husbands, n they wouldnt hesitate in nabbing 1 for good.

while thai ladies can be a lil more pragmatic, bt their benevolence also conditioned them to understand the fact that all things good n bad comes in a package. to them, the minor transgressions n flaws in our characters r still bearable.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different culture. Just like why many thai girls became prostitutes to feed their family of so many. These thai girls have to sell their body so that their family have food to eat. And the most surprising thing is given the option of having to work as cleaners, road sweepers, taxi drivers, they just allow their daughters to sell their bodies so that they don't need to do these jobs. Therefore it does not matter where singapore is an affluent society. They basically just allow things to happen like that. Will a singapore man allow his daughter to work as a prostitute to feed the family?

This question must ask tonychat too.
I answer first, I wouldn't allow that to happen.
fren, daughters whoring themselves is a choice of their own. no parent in the right frame of mind would like the idea. likewise, the girls who work in the less celebrated industry do not make it known to their folks, cos they hold closely to heart the "face" & "honor" factor that might kill their folks upon breaking the news.

not that the folks r silly n gullible enough to believe that their under-educated/ uneducated daughters can fetch large chunks of bacon home in their home soil. the simplest excuse the girls can find, is to plough in foreign land - which eventually paints a fantastic picture to their less travelled countrymen that foreigners should be loaded with cash- for their under-educated/ uneducated daughters can fetch a handsome sum home monthly.

which also eventually leads to the notion of them approving the idea of their daughters marrying foreign men.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's useful feedback to know what others esp our neighbours think of us.
Singaporeans are not the most popular people in this region-we quarrel with Malaysia(eg water price,Pedra Branca), Indonesia( eg extradition of criminals ),Thailand (Investment in Shin Corp) ect 2 and I am therefore not surprised by Tonychat's friend viewing us as

1.overly discplined
2.Mechanical
3.Smart
4.No sex appeal

This is an opinion and usually there is "no smoke without Fire ".

Anyway my Thai friends main observation about Singaporeans is that many still have to work until very old.They were surprised to see many elderly Singaporeans working as cleaners,road sweepers, taxi drivers ect2 in what is supposedly an affluent society.

Oh yes, you are right. My other thai frens has this observation too when they come to Sg to visit. Sad right, work till like that. Thai old pple just stay at home and relax. Many are seen at lumpbini park for excerise.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
perhaps that's 1 of the reasons y many choose to uproot & resettle elsewhere. to the thais, they'd perceive the act of making our elders slog for a living as unfilial. nonetheless, they'd never understand the scales of economics here, compared to their's. many to whom i've explained the situation in sg, n the sentiments of migration... most of whom raise both hands in agreement.

to the rest of the world, they only see 1 side of the coin (as advertised overseas). upon arrival, despite marvelling at the structures & developments available, the biggest flaw is nt being able to hide reality. witnessing the aged working in fastfood chains, cleaners, hawkers, garbage collectors (collecting cardboard cartons & alu cans), taxi drivers.... all that combined, killed their pleasure of the holiday trip. the common remark they (not only thais) give; "life in sg is so sad. even the old cant retire? wat's wrong with sg?"

however, the saving grace that i've received so far, about their impressions on sg men arent always dampening. most of whom find our men to be very independant, diligent, responsible. rich or not rich is nt really the biggest issue - for to each his own capacity. many give the thumbs up that sg men make very good husbands, n they wouldnt hesitate in nabbing 1 for good.

while thai ladies can be a lil more pragmatic, bt their benevolence also conditioned them to understand the fact that all things good n bad comes in a package. to them, the minor transgressions n flaws in our characters r still bearable.

I really enjoy reading your post. You really know thai pple well. Yes, their buddhist culture put filial piety at the top. Their knowledge of technology for normal thai pple isn't that "well versed" as Singaporeans. But those educated ones and younger ones are very current with technology. They are improving.

One thing i like about thai is that they dun have that " i think i am good and i know the best" attitude (unlike SG) and add in that you call benevolence, make the whole person very likable.

If you observe some of the replies here, there are many who got the " i know the best and i check if you know as much as me" type of replies ( unlike you), That really turns me off. That is why some sinkie behave like that in bangkok and it totally spoilt the whole picturesque of graciousness. It is not about sex and stuff like that but on the behavior like this.

That is why i wanna analyse that such "i know more" kind of behavior, is it coming from the leader of Sg. My idea is, if a leader is an ass, most of it citizen will in some way behave like that as well, especially those who work close to the top of the govt. or those who are a natural leader in their life will take the ass behavior of the Sg leader.

Last edited:

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really enjoy reading your post. You really know thai pple well........... If you observe some of the replies here, there are many who got the " i know the best and i check if you know as much as me" type of replies ( unlike you), That really turns me off. That is why some sinkie behave like that in bangkok and it totally spoilt the whole picturesque of graciousness. It is not about sex and stuff like that but on the behavior like this.

That is why i wanna analyse that such "i know more" kind of behavior, is it coming from the leader of Sg. My idea is, if a leader is an ass, most of it citizen will in some way behave like that as well, especially those who work close to the top of the govt. or those who are a natural leader in their life will take the ass behavior of the Sg leader.
fren, empty vessels making noise doesnt surprise me much la. smart alexes out there also plenty in abundance. ive personally been thru 2.5yrs of flame war trilogy in the other forum, n i'm quite numb to it already. at the very least, just think of it as though u're attending the "stomp" performance.

meanwhile, as u've also mentioned yourself, the benevolence of the thais has its appeal, then y cant u also try to adopt that yourself?

ps: my understanding of the thais? i'd consider myself still in the process of learning. as my tutor once taught; kao mueng dta lieu, dtong lieu dta dtaam

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
fren, empty vessels making noise doesnt surprise me much la. smart alexes out there also plenty in abundance. ive personally been thru 2.5yrs of flame war trilogy in the other forum, n i'm quite numb to it already. at the very least, just think of it as though u're attending the "stomp" performance.

meanwhile, as u've also mentioned yourself, the benevolence of the thais has its appeal, then y cant u also try to adopt that yourself?

My practice of benevolence , if i want, is for the thais and proper Singaporeans like you and not those sinkies. YOu can say the real practice of benevolence is for all people, but that is not my style. There are some pple who do not deserve respect and benevolence, well , at least from me, for the good for them. I am not that perfect in this sense,well, i try to improve. sometimes, you need to be harsh in order to benefit the other party. Thai pple in this sense isn;t that good on that as far as i encounter.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dear suteerak, would you like to comment on this:

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
My practice of benevolence , if i want, is for the thais and proper Singaporeans like you and not those sinkies. YOu can say the real practice of benevolence is for all people, but that is not my style. There are some pple who do not deserve respect and benevolence, well , at least from me, for the good for them. I am not that perfect in this sense,well, i try to improve. sometimes, you need to be harsh in order to benefit the other party. Thai pple in this sense isn;t that good on that as far as i encounter.
then in that case i think u just disqualified yourself of using the word "benevolence". cos, benevolence is for every living being under the sun

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

ps: my understanding of the thais? i'd consider myself still in the process of learning. as my tutor once taught; kao mueng dta lieu, dtong lieu dta dtaam

Yes, i agree, everyone is learning but i just can't help it when i witness the " i know more than you" attitude and every time i encounter such attitude being surfaced, it is always from a sinkie. That is so disappointing.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
then in that case i think u just disqualified yourself of using the word "benevolence". cos, benevolence is for every living being under the sun

:smile: i am totally ok with that. however, to be benevolent to every one in every circumstances doesn't seem wise to me.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
fren, daughters whoring themselves is a choice of their own. no parent in the right frame of mind would like the idea. likewise, the girls who work in the less celebrated industry do not make it known to their folks, cos they hold closely to heart the "face" & "honor" factor that might kill their folks upon breaking the news.

My fren, let's see this situation in a more pragmatic manner.

Choice of their own? Let me ask you which kind of girl loves to whore herself. To be honest, no girls like to open legs like dat. If I put my fingers in your nose, you like it?(jus joking nia) :p
The actual fact is no one likes it. All because for the dough. Some are materialistic, for the lifestyle, for the branded, but majority is because of family. Why do they have to do it for their family? Because the family needs it. The family need to eat, build house, pay debts.

Just need to look at how vibrant the sex industry is in Thailand. So much Massage parlours, brothels, karaokes. Their family don't work, because of low pay in many jobs. They are Khon thais, for goodness sake. Don't tell me they don't know what is the wage structure like in Thailand? When their daughters tell them they work in companies, work as cashiers, suddenly bring home 30K, 50K, 80K, 100K, buy car for family, 1 month 8K installment, 100-200K downpayment easily settled, you seriously think the family don't know where the money come from?

So sometimes, you think its face value. Actually they knew it but just don't want to tear everyone's face. Because by doing that they are tearing their face themselves.

There are many prostitutes in Thailand where their family knew their daughters are working in the industry. Yet, when the dough comes home, they accept it and when more comes in, Greed sets in. The more the merrier. They would think their daughter brings in 100K a month, then 2 years would be 2.4million. Their daughter can stop. 2 years later, they have 2.4 miilion? yes, they have, but all spent and more have to be earned to reach that financial freedom state.

You are right, no parent in the right frame of mind like the idea of whoring, but lest no forget, money blinded their right frame of mind which is what is happening now.

luvcunt

Alfrescian
Loyal
My fren, let's see this situation in a more pragmatic manner.

Choice of their own? Let me ask you which kind of girl loves to whore herself. To be honest, no girls like to open legs like dat. If I put my fingers in your nose, you like it?(jus joking nia) :p
The actual fact is no one likes it. All because for the dough. Some are materialistic, for the lifestyle, for the branded, but majority is because of family. Why do they have to do it for their family? Because the family needs it. The family need to eat, build house, pay debts.

Just need to look at how vibrant the sex industry is in Thailand. So much Massage parlours, brothels, karaokes. Their family don't work, because of low pay in many jobs. They are Khon thais, for goodness sake. Don't tell me they don't know what is the wage structure like in Thailand? When their daughters tell them they work in companies, work as cashiers, suddenly bring home 30K, 50K, 80K, 100K, buy car for family, 1 month 8K installment, 100-200K downpayment easily settled, you seriously think the family don't know where the money come from?

So sometimes, you think its face value. Actually they knew it but just don't want to tear everyone's face. Because by doing that they are tearing their face themselves.

There are many prostitutes in Thailand where their family knew their daughters are working in the industry. Yet, when the dough comes home, they accept it and when more comes in, Greed sets in. The more the merrier. They would think their daughter brings in 100K a month, then 2 years would be 2.4million. Their daughter can stop. 2 years later, they have 2.4 miilion? yes, they have, but all spent and more have to be earned to reach that financial freedom state.

You are right, no parent in the right frame of mind like the idea of whoring, but lest no forget, money blinded their right frame of mind which is what is happening now.

Oh give me a break. Ur comment reflects ur immuturity or knowledge of this world regardless whether it is Thailand or other countries.

Bro suteerak speaks with knowledge and his comments are wise.

Anybody point a gun at them to become a whore or is it life threatening that they have no other alternative ?
Do you reli know what is the meaning of choice of their own?

Anyway my apologies if u are offended by my remarks.
I just find ur comment abit too shallow.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody point a gun at them to become a whore or is it life threatening that they have no other alternative ?

It's called freedom of speech. I don't get offended. But if you get uptight and uneasy with what I said, then no choice.

It's a simple economics question. Old people in sg work, because either they need money or they are bored not working. Sometimes also due to social acceptance, they do not want people to think they are useless.

People from elsewhere think why sgpre work so hard even so old still work. So it brings me to the point where I mention, in sg, many old work as cleaners, fast food joints, but why thailand don't have the old working? I never mention that being a prostitute is being forced. But I did mention they became one to feed the family. Are the family working? Most of the time, most of the family members are jobless and not working. Why? Instead of becoming a prostitute, they could work as cashier or factory worker. But the problem is, it is not enough. So did every part of the family put in effort to work to bring the dough instead of only depending on the lady?

I have thai lady friends who are not prostitutes. They can make do with 10-15K working in offices holding decent jobs without selling their body. Their family also need money, who don't need? But why they can accept a decent job instead of prostituting? Because prostituting is the fastest way to earn money.

If you think my comments are shallow, its ok. I accept how some people view a glass as half full while I could be seeing it as half empty. :p

eRRoRist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh give me a break. Ur comment reflects ur immuturity or knowledge of this world regardless whether it is Thailand or other countries.

Bro suteerak speaks with knowledge and his comments are wise.

I'm sorry, but I really can't tell if you're just trying to be sarcastic. I will take it as you really meant what you say. Below are my thoughts.

Your comment reflects your immaturity or knowledge of this world regardless whether it is Thailand or other countries.

Don't think like an elite or based your opinions on the little SG well you live in. The children in some other countries are not as fortunate as you and I. They are not even given a chance to break out of that poverty cycle. Of course there are people who do it for the money, but to say that every WLs has a choice and they chose this path, this I have to disagree. Travel more, go to places like Cambodia, Myanmar, Indonesia or any other less developed countries. Then tell us whether or not they have a choice.

Anyway my apologies if you are offended by my remarks. I just find your comment a bit too shallow. :o

luvcunt

Alfrescian
Loyal
i got 1 thai fren say sporeans who migrate to thai n work there are those who cannot make it in singapore..

hahaha... try harder tonychat..

Bro AhPek65,
Sad to say but I'm one of them :(
I was hit badly by the 2001 recession,closed my company,retrenched my 8 employees,packed and left sg soon after.
Struggle several yrs in the phil,thailand and china looking out for ways to carry on surviving.
Today I'm happy to say I've found my place and see lights at the end of the tunnel.
I'm actually going to do better than that of my old business in sg.
Thailand market is so huge and there are an abundance of opportunity here.
My network of customer now is from all over Thailand's province including bkk.
Sg is just too competitive,too many restrictions,high labour cost,high operation cost etc.
All I can say is ..this is my first time doing business experiencing demand outstriping my supply.This never happen to me in sg.

Guess I'm a loser in one way and a winner in another.
To me we are loser only in the eye of the PAP govt only.
I like my country but not our present govt.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
U] Just need to look at how vibrant the sex industry is in Thailand. So much Massage parlours, brothels, karaokes. Their family don't work, because of low pay in many jobs. They are Khon thais, for goodness sake. Don't tell me they don't know what is the wage structure like in Thailand?

Oh gosh.... the thai people i met have jobs of their own. Teacher, Sales, office workers. Low pay yes, but u give the impression that they offer their body just because of this. Are you sure you are in thailand, or maybe you didn't mix with the thai people much or you just spend most of ur time at NaNa during your stay there?

luvcunt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sorry, but I really can't tell if you're just trying to be sarcastic. I will take it as you really meant what you say. Below are my thoughts.

Your comment reflects your immaturity or knowledge of this world regardless whether it is Thailand or other countries.

Don't think like an elite or based your opinions on the little SG well you live in. The children in some other countries are not as fortunate as you and I. They are not even given a chance to break out of that poverty cycle. Of course there are people who do it for the money, but to say that every WLs has a choice and they chose this path, this I have to disagree. Travel more, go to places like Cambodia, Myanmar, Indonesia or any other less developed countries. Then tell us whether or not they have a choice.

Anyway my apologies if you are offended by my remarks. I just find your comment a bit too shallow. :o

Hi Bro errorist,
I'm staying n living in Thailand now.
I've stayed in the phil for a few yrs.I've got a phil wife n 2 kids there too.
The nature of my business brings me to myanmar,cambodia regularly besides china.
Countries which I've resided for a shorter term are msia n Indonesia.
Infact I frequent cambodia very often.
I know many poor thais,filipino,indonesian and cambodian bro.
Yes they do have a choice to be or not to be a whore unless they are force to by some syndicate.
It's how they want to have a better life or a hrad life work on a megre salary.
Come visit me bro in bkk...I can bring you up to cambodia personally for leisure and show you around.
I don't believe in talking....I personally see n experience all this :smile:
Even the thread starter have met up with me b4...I'm always with an open arm to my fellow sporean if they want to meet up with me.
I've got nothing to hide or be fearful of anything so my conscience are clear.
But I will always respect all bros privacy and confidentiality and will not give out any info about them at all.
And I'm not an elite but just an ordinary layman who lives and adapt to all difference culture where ever I go.

Cheers !

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro AhPek65,
Sad to say but I'm one of them :(
I was hit badly by the 2001 recession,closed my company,retrenched my 8 employees,packed and left sg soon after.
Struggle several yrs in the phil,thailand and china looking out for ways to carry on surviving.
Today I'm happy to say I've found my place and see lights at the end of the tunnel.
I'm actually going to do better than that of my old business in sg.
Thailand market is so huge and there are an abundance of opportunity here.
My network of customer now is from all over Thailand's province including bkk.
Sg is just too competitive,too many restrictions,high labour cost,high operation cost etc.
All I can say is ..this is my first time doing business experiencing demand outstriping my supply.This never happen to me in sg.

Guess I'm a loser in one way and a winner in another.
To me we are loser only in the eye of the PAP govt only.
I like my country but not our present govt.

You are a true entrepreneur!!!! Sg has lost one talent. I earn my living from the internet, go anywhere in the world is still the same.

I am more focus on the behavior of people and move to a place where the people are more human and i am happy that Thailand is one of them.