• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What my Thai friend thinks about Singaporean

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Gents, he's incoherent with his posts (warped logic?) so we are not getting anywhere. Serves no purpose, other than unwittingly glorify his thread. Understand from Delphi alumni he comes with some track record, so there you are.

To think he 1st started off with his proclaimed mouthpiece on some thai friend's opinion on singaporean (oops, sinkie in his crusade style) traits. So easy to take cover under guise of what some foreign friend said, with no responsibilty.

Let TS have his anti-sinkie space and allow this thread to sink (pun intended) in his sinkie abyss:rolleyes:

What track record. please specify. You are beginning to sound like LKY with his suing habits on branding his opponent like a criminal who in the first place are just trying their best and the original right to have a stand.

If you notice your post #14:
Whilst we shd be able to take a dig at ourselves, the flip side also applys. Look no further beyond the sex forum as to generalisation on traits of thai gals (for better or worse).

It's all too easy to post some personal, subjective opinions (maybe even "controversial", to stir up debate).. and take cover, as it's always espoused by some friend. Nobody's short of quotes, real or by own creativity

You are one of the first in the defensive and attacking mode who i spotted without forming a proper discussion in which i believe most humans with a proper brain are capable of forming.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
The not too good character is being observed by me in this thread from those losers who posted it and it leaves me clues on why sinkies behave like an ass in bangkok.

Ps: i am beginning to suspect that it is only when i agree with you then u think that i am starting to post nicely. Please dun let me have such impression as that is how sinkie usually behave.

Not all singaporeans behave like an ass in bangkok. Likewsie there are Britains, Germans, Frenchs, Spainards, and other nationalities who behaved worst than arses. At least from those foreign paedophiles which are caught in Thailand, currently none are from SG to really give SG such a bad name.
Turning the tables over, some Thais also kanna sai when they are in Singapore.
Happens everywhere. Live and let live

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What track record. please specify. You are beginning to sound like LKY with his suing habits on branding his opponent like a criminal who in the first place are just trying their best and the original right to have a stand.
Oh oh, some1 getting testy here. So now resorting to dropping names in your pathetic (and off tangent) response? You need prescription glasses, or need Delphi alumni to help testify in your kangaroo court for sinkies?
You are one of the first in the defensive and attacking mode who i spotted without forming a proper discussion in which i believe most humans with a proper brain are capable of forming.
Yours is twisted 1. Your spouting rubbish is ad nauseam:rolleyes:

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, this tonychat is just doing his best to beat everything down. When we argue against his case, we're being defensive. When we qtn with vigour, we are in attack mode and so on. All these plus others are sinkie behaviour in his eyes.

tony, you are setting too many rules. Discussions are high tempo and unless uncouth lang. is used, all are welcome. Right? And you like to talk down on to anyone who is against your ideas. I am afraid to say, but what you have is beginning to sound pretty like "sinkie syndrome". Hahaha. quick go find a cure. hahahaha.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not all singaporeans behave like an ass in bangkok. Likewsie there are Britains, Germans, Frenchs, Spainards, and other nationalities who behaved worst than arses. At least from those foreign paedophiles which are caught in Thailand, currently none are from SG to really give SG such a bad name.
Turning the tables over, some Thais also kanna sai when they are in Singapore.
Happens everywhere. Live and let live
correct me if i'm mistaken, bt i recall there was a male sg teacher charged for child sex in thailand some yrs back. n the victim was a male minor.

i think u shouldnt underestimate wat kinds of depraved characters there r regardless of nationalities.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
tony, no doubt your thai frens may have some opinions about sg men/ sgporeans... bt surely its doesnt represent the entire populace. cos if it were, i dun see reason y more n more thai gals r marrying sg men.

i too have thai frens who've opinions about sgporeans, n i take them with a pinch of salt. for they disclaimed that their citings were based on 1 or 2 classic cases n nt generalizing the entire populace. nonetheless, of the many that theyve listed, i do agree that some of the ugly sgporean ethics need some remedy.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
correct me if i'm mistaken, bt i recall there was a male sg teacher charged for child sex in thailand some yrs back. n the victim was a male minor.

i think u shouldnt underestimate wat kinds of depraved characters there r regardless of nationalities.

You don't need to go till Thailand, in Singapore already have underaged sex etc. What I am trying to drive across is, people who do that, doesn't represent the whole nation.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
You don't need to go till Thailand, in Singapore already have underaged sex etc. What I am trying to drive across is, people who do that, doesn't represent the whole nation.
thx for clearing the air. anyway, no matter where we go, encountering ppl from wherever they're from... there'd always be a handful of idiots that spoil the image la.

its no wonder y the region likes to nickname sgporeans as "birds". cos wherever we go shopping, the remark is largely the same " cheap cheap cheap... cheap cheap cheap" (chip chip chip)

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
tony, no doubt your thai frens may have some opinions about sg men/ sgporeans... bt surely its doesnt represent the entire populace. cos if it were, i dun see reason y more n more thai gals r marrying sg men.

i too have thai frens who've opinions about sgporeans, n i take them with a pinch of salt. for they disclaimed that their citings were based on 1 or 2 classic cases n nt generalizing the entire populace. nonetheless, of the many that theyve listed, i do agree that some of the ugly sgporean ethics need some remedy.

The whole idea of this thread, once again, is not about what the thais thinks about sinkaporeans. It is about how sinkaporeans react if they did not hear what they like about them. From this thread you can see how sinkies handle it.

That gives me clues on why some Singaporeans which i brand them as sinkies, behave 3rd worldly in Bangkok where they think the place they comes from is sooooo first world.

What i suggest is that they should learn a thing or two about being gracious from the thai. Thailand is a developing country and yet they are so first worldly gracious.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Guys, this tonychat is just doing his best to beat everything down. When we argue against his case, we're being defensive. When we qtn with vigour, we are in attack mode and so on. All these plus others are sinkie behaviour in his eyes.

tony, you are setting too many rules. Discussions are high tempo and unless uncouth lang. is used, all are welcome. Right? And you like to talk down on to anyone who is against your ideas. I am afraid to say, but what you have is beginning to sound pretty like "sinkie syndrome". Hahaha. quick go find a cure. hahahaha.

You wanna talk? Take a look at yourself first. Such arrogance is totally uncalled for. A Thai will not behave like that. Even the Filipinos who can speak good English do not behave like that.

Are you kidding me bro bebo?? Name me one other asian country that has English literacy rate as high as ours. Dun be taken in by all the garment propaganda about how we must speak queen's english and all that. Every society has its own cultural and ethnic roots and thus language will evolve accordingly.

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
You wanna talk? Take a look at yourself first. Such arrogance is totally uncalled for. A Thai will not behave like that. Even the Filipinos who can speak good English do not behave like that.

What you talking? Taken in the context of my reply to poster bebo who said that Spore english is an embarassment to the world, it is in no way meant to be arrogant.

I believe it is just that you are too caught up in yr obsession against anything remotely siding the ppl you live amongst, that yr vision is skewered.

If i am likewise, i may construe yr words as arrogance too.

And another thing, you dont have to use enlarged red letters here. We are not blind.

What a sinkie defensive reaction. That is why i have friends like her rather than sinkies.

Last edited:

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole idea of this thread, once again, is not about what the thais thinks about sinkaporeans. It is about how sinkaporeans react if they did not hear what they like about them. From this thread you can see how sinkies handle it.

That gives me clues on why some Singaporeans which i brand them as sinkies, behave 3rd worldly in Bangkok where they think the place they comes from is sooooo first world.

What i suggest is that they should learn a thing or two about being gracious from the thai. Thailand is a developing country and yet they are so first worldly gracious.
i'd agree about the grace & benevolence in the thai culture. which possibly makes it a novelty to be involved/engaged with. their live n let live attitude is nt something easily mustered, especially since we sgporeans live in a dog eat dog society. the neck to neck competitive attitude that brings out the survivor instincts of wanting to outdo the person next to us is inculcated since our tender age. some also say we're very uptight.... n i cant dispute that.

i believe the above mentioned composites reasons y many like to visit the land of smiles these days, to unwind. nonetheless, leopards will never change its spot. which makes adaptation for many sgporeans overseas a feat in itself.

hw sgporeans react/handle the truth? well, i've learnt that we're living in our own world, like frogs in the well, perpetually brainwashed into thinking n believing that this island is the best in the world. (very similiar to wat happens in n.korea)

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
uncle tony, this world is lidat la. got many funny ppl eveyrwhere. sinkie, hongkie, angmo, PRc........ so many la. u say sinkie until lidat goot meh? u say thai fren comment about sinkie lidis or lidat, is it bcos they refering to u?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i'd agree about the grace & benevolence in the thai culture. which possibly makes it a novelty to be involved/engaged with. their live n let live attitude is nt something easily mustered, especially since we sgporeans live in a dog eat dog society. the neck to neck competitive attitude that brings out the survivor instincts of wanting to outdo the person next to us is inculcated since our tender age. some also say we're very uptight.... n i cant dispute that.

i believe the above mentioned composites reasons y many like to visit the land of smiles these days, to unwind. nonetheless, leopards will never change its spot. which makes adaptation for many sgporeans overseas a feat in itself.

hw sgporeans react/handle the truth? well, i've learnt that we're living in our own world, like frogs in the well, perpetually brainwashed into thinking n believing that this island is the best in the world. (very similiar to wat happens in n.korea)

I like the way you reply, very civilised, proper and unsinkified. This should be the way a real Singaporean should communicate after receiving more than 10 years of education since young.

Their 3rd world, developing Singlish will be forgiven by others due to such good grace and behavior, just like the thais who can't speak english well and many foreigners love to deal with them.

When you go oversea, foreigners will have a good impression of Singaporeans, not like those defensive and attacking losers. Please learn from suteerak.

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
uncle tony, u lidat say don't give face to other less angmo educated ppl leh. some ppl lucky can go angmo country to soak, then come back the angmo sipeh helicopter. bt u also can't say thsoe who can't use perfect angmo english to be less singaporan ma.

maybe some of us come from chinese speaking background, nobody to correct our broken english. last time my school teacher also use broken grammar to teach us in school. u lidis say is nt fair to every body leh.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
uncle tony, u lidat say don't give face to other less angmo educated ppl leh. some ppl lucky can go angmo country to soak, then come back the angmo sipeh helicopter. bt u also can't say thsoe who can't use perfect angmo english to be less singaporan ma.

maybe some of us come from chinese speaking background, nobody to correct our broken english. last time my school teacher also use broken grammar to teach us in school. u lidis say is nt fair to every body leh.

It is not really about speaking english well so that you get respected. But the way sinkies thinks that their english is top notch and should be respected, that needs some detailed questioning.

If any singaporeans can behave with grace and manners, whether they can speak english, it doesn't matter at all.

For those sinkies who behave like an ass in bangkok, even if they speak perfect english, they are still being looked down and despised, BY THE ANG MORs and others.

Last edited:

williamsF1

Alfrescian
Loyal
if we wanna talk about undesriable behaviour of sgporeans, there's a long list. so far, i believe we will rank very high for queueing up. we made it to world news for longest overnight queue at macdonald's for the hello kitty many yrs back.

we also see sgproeans cut queue quite often, no mater if its taxi queue, bus queue. MRT is most classic example, the doors open, then we see passengers clash like as if its a rugby scrum. our KSS - kia su sydrome should be trademarked globally.

our bargaining power also 1 of the best in the world. vendors or merchants who try to offer cut throat prices, our sgporeans will sure to counter offer a slit-throat discounted buying price.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if we wanna talk about undesriable behaviour of sgporeans, there's a long list. so far, i believe we will rank very high for queueing up. we made it to world news for longest overnight queue at macdonald's for the hello kitty many yrs back.

we also see sgproeans cut queue quite often, no mater if its taxi queue, bus queue. MRT is most classic example, the doors open, then we see passengers clash like as if its a rugby scrum. our KSS - kia su sydrome should be trademarked globally.

our bargaining power also 1 of the best in the world. vendors or merchants who try to offer cut throat prices, our sgporeans will sure to counter offer a slit-throat discounted buying price.

If you stay in bangkok and you see thais and foreigners behave with grace and manner most of the time and then out of a sudden, you spot one polluting human with his or her sinkie polluting behavior. It is that distinct. And you can see sinkies daily in bangkok.

In your own 640 sqkm land, it is not so distinct as most of them behave the same way.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like the way you reply, very civilised, proper and unsinkified. This should be the way a real Singaporean should communicate after receiving more than 10 years of education since young.

Their 3rd world, developing Singlish will be forgiven by others due to such good grace and behavior, just like the thais who can't speak english well and many foreigners love to deal with them.

When you go oversea, foreigners will have a good impression of Singaporeans, not like those defensive and attacking losers. Please learn from suteerak.
thanks for the compliment, but i think the attributes that u listed shouldnt be exclusive for sgporeans to adopt, bt perhaps for all humanity. if every1 learns to take a step back, life'd be a lot more pleasent, 1 less argument, 1 less squabble, 1 less fight... 1 less war(many lives spared)

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you stay in bangkok and you see thais and foreigners behave with grace and manner most of the time and then out of a sudden, you spot one polluting human with his or her sinkie polluting behavior. It is that distinct. And you can see sinkies daily in bangkok.

In your own 640 sqkm land, it is not so distinct as most of them behave the same way.
i have to disagree, i've personally witnessed unruly thais & westerners too. though i cant discount the fact taht the asian looking ones could possibly be from neighbroing borders. while, many westerners look upon thai girls as if, all of them are prostitutes. some actually harress & ask girls off the street to name their price.... n that to me, dissolves all respect for the person as a being.

compared to those demonstrated by westerners... undesirable behaviors of sgporeans abroad, i'd consider as a very mild. regardless how unpleasent it may be, its nt detrimental to any1's health or self-esteem.