• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What my Thai friend thinks about Singaporean

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I've lived in Thailand for years and still visit there frequently. I suspect that "Singaporeans" means you and "other Thais" means her, and "think" means what she thinks of you.

For example, instead of bluntly saying that she thinks that you're overly disciplined and mechanical, smart but without sex appeal, she diplomatically went around the bush by saying that "other Thais" think that "Singaporeans" are overly disciplined and mechanical, smart but without sex appeal.

LOL!!! I think you suspect too much. This is what i expected from sinkie who cannot take anything bad from others. Behave just exactly like the Sg govt. Why get so defensive??

It is just a mere comment from my thai fren which i am always curious to know. I do agree with her points regarding singaporeans. But i do not really agree on the smart part.

Most business in Thailand are in someway link to the Sg govt, high profile ones i mean, those with big buildings. Due to this, they think that Sg are smart. And there are many buidlings owned by Sg.

When a person who listen to everything the govt tells them to do, i dun think that is call smart.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Pray tell your thai friend what we singaporeans think of Thai Girls

1. Good for sex
2. famous for sex
3. paid for sex

I presume your thai friend meant this rather then your interpretation:

Singaporeans are SMART to act mechanical and are overly disciplined with no sex appeal because 7 out of 10 are married and need to be like that in front of their OC or girlfriend..

What a sinkie defensive reaction. That is why i have friends like her rather than sinkies.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You got a point there. Ur right. But given a choice where would you send your kid to school? This is a hypothetical qtn without any prejudice so no offence meant.

The question is about which other asian country has the english standard of SG.

Originally Posted by tenggiri View Post
Are you kidding me bro bebo?? Name me one other asian country that has English literacy rate as high as ours. Dun be taken in by all the garment propaganda about how we must speak queen's english and all that. Every society has its own cultural and ethnic roots and thus language will evolve accordingly.

That question is filled with arrogance and disgust. I have already know for quite a while that this is how sinkie behave. They think they are one bloody big deal just because they can speak english.

This thai fren of mine teaches English in a University in Bangkok and her English is far more superior than any other thais and sinkies that i come across. And she does not display such arrogance and disgust.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...implicitly equating speaking good English to some kind of intellectual superiority. Now you're self-manifesting a snobbish trait of Singaporeans who are criticised for colonial hangover and Pinkerton syndrome.
suspect that "Singaporeans" means you and "other Thais" means her, and "think" means what she thinks of you. ..instead of bluntly saying that she thinks that you're overly disciplined and mechanical, smart but without sex appeal, she diplomatically went around the bush by saying that "other Thais" think
Ouch, that must have hurt...tenderloin? Boomberang effect. :rolleyes:

Eloquence in english is no barometer of any character or intellect. Haven't we come across lemons... ooops, fruitcake types but blessed with english fluency. :p
tonychat said:
Most business in Thailand are in someway link to the Sg govt, high profile ones i mean, those with big buildings. Due to this, they think that Sg are smart. And there are many buidlings owned by Sg.
C'mon, give more credit to thai economic engine than allude to Temasek association.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Eloquence in english is no barometer of any character or intellect. Haven't we come across lemons... ooops, fruitcake types but blessed with english fluency. :p

I agree but that is how sinkies should be deal with. Using standard of English, it seems like that is the only thing that they think they can be proud of.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have nothing to defend. I'm neither offended by nor identify with her remarks. Question is, why are you so defensive? It's just my mere comment.

LOL!!! I think you suspect too much. This is what i expected from sinkie who cannot take anything bad from others. Behave just exactly like the Sg govt. Why get so defensive??

It is just a mere comment from my thai fren which i am always curious to know. I do agree with her points regarding singaporeans. But i do not really agree on the smart part.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have nothing to defend. I'm neither offended by nor identify with her remarks. Question is, why are you so defensive? It's just my mere comment.

Which part of my comment shows that i am defensive? You mean this?

Because u claimed that you been to thailand so much and i presume that you should have friends there. I am just surprised that the thais didn't tell you the truth.

I've lived in Thailand for years and still visit there frequently. I suspect that "Singaporeans" means you and "other Thais" means her, and "think" means what she thinks of you

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
C'mon, give more credit to thai economic engine than allude to Temasek association.

That is what my thai fren told me. I didn't create that information. You should ask her to give more credit to the thai economy engine, not me.

I am here just to present the information given to me by them.

eRRoRist

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am just surprised that the thais didn't tell you the truth.

That is what my thai fren told me. I didn't create that information.
I am here just to present the information given to me by them.

Stop hiding behind your "thai friend". So you assume just because she speak good English, what she's saying is true and can be the spokesperson for the entire Thai population?? This only shows level of maturity and how naive you are.

It's obvious that you're 1 of those "Singaporean who look down on other Singaporean, thinking that they have seen the light and have become better then most SINKIES" Of course it's good to criticize and keep improving, but when people start bashing for the sake of bashing, hoping that it will make them look more superior, then I say it's meaningless.

She find it hilarious that SG govt is trying all sorts of attempt to boost birth rate.

As oppose to what?? Letting people have more children then they are able to take care of?? Boys will try to become girls and when they grow up let them go into the city and sell their body as that's the only thing they have?? Hoping to be picked up by some easy-going, spontaneous, witty, sexy farang to get them out of poverty?? By the way, a social science professor in NUS told me this. I am here just to present the information given to me by him. :wink:

Note that this is not a "typical SINKIE defensive behavior". I'm just trying to let you see yourself in the mirror, see how meaningless all these stereotyping and m&d-slinging are. We can all go on and on but what's the point?? Hope you leave your "Oh!! I'm better then everybody" attitude at the delphi forum.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
She could be describing u. Better chk with her.

Ok i will ask her again and tell her to take a look at this thread. IN fact, i will be meeting her in person again this friday.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Stop hiding behind your "thai friend". So you assume just because she speak good English, what she's saying is true and can be the spokesperson for the entire Thai population?? This only shows level of maturity and how naive you are.

It's obvious that you're 1 of those "Singaporean who look down on other Singaporean, thinking that they have seen the light and have become better then most SINKIES" Of course it's good to criticize and keep improving, but when people start bashing for the sake of bashing, hoping that it will make them look more superior, then I say it's meaningless.

As oppose to what?? Letting people have more children then they are able to take care of?? Boys will try to become girls and when they grow up let them go into the city and sell their body as that's the only thing they have?? Hoping to be picked up by some easy-going, spontaneous, witty, sexy farang to get them out of poverty?? By the way, a social science professor in NUS told me this. I am here just to present the information given to me by him. :wink:

Note that this is not a "typical SINKIE defensive behavior". I'm just trying to let you see yourself in the mirror, see how meaningless all these stereotyping and m&d-slinging are. We can all go on and on but what's the point?? Hope you leave your "Oh!! I'm better then everybody" attitude at the delphi forum.

You are another one who cannot take such comments from a foreigner. You certainly reminds me of The Straits Times.

Well, if you think that such posting are meaningless, why are you replying to one then? That is what most sinkies do.

Instead of thanking the other party for revealing some truth or research and discuss on that, i see some sinkie chinky behavior around here and it usually comes with some personal bashing and ego protection or ego saving. Such behavior are very chinese-like. or to me sinkie-like.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Nope, i didn't assume that being able to speak english well, she can be the spokesperson for entired thai population. Such sinkie assumption doesn't arise from me as well as my good thai pal.

I am just highlighting to some of these egoistic sinkies that there are thai people who can speak better english than sinkies, Beside her enlightening comment.

If you stay in thailand, you can observe how these sinkies behave and you can tell that they behave a rank higher just because they can speak english and their currency is worth more. That is just my friendly reminder.

Last edited:

eRRoRist

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are another one who cannot take such comments from a foreigner. You certainly reminds me of The Straits Times.

Well, if you think that such posting are meaningless, why are you replying to one then? That is what most sinkies do.

Instead of thanking the other party for revealing some truth or research and discuss on that, i see some sinkie chinky behavior around here and it usually comes with some personal bashing and ego protection here. Such behavior are very chinese-like. or to me sinkie-like.

You keep going on about the "TRUTH". I seriously wonder how you got this "TRUTH", because someone told you it is?? :confused: So what the others have said has no truth at all?? When a SINKIE says something it's personal bashing and ego protection?? We have no right to make share our opinions on other countries because we are SINKIES?? We have no rights to question the "TRUTH"??

We did discuss, but seems that SINKIES opinions have no value as long as they disagree with a superior being.

Beside her enlightening comment
:confused:

Such sinkie assumption doesn't arise from me as well as my good thai pal.
Yes!! Yes!! ONLY SINKIE make assumption.

I am just highlighting to some of these egoistic sinkies that there are thai people who can speak better english than sinkies

you can observe how these sinkies behave and you can tell that they behave a rank higher just because they can speak english and their currency is worth more.
I just trying to highlight these egoistic behavior of some people who think they have seen the light and have evolved into a more superior being.

Anyway good tactic, ignore the points made, just attack the person. Nothing I say is valid because I'm a SINKIE. As long as I'm a SINKIE, I must agree to what a Non-Sinkie person like you say. Oh well, let's just let the people reading form their own opinions. :biggrin:

Maybe you start a thread on how to Unsinkified a SINKIE, so that we can all be more like you. :biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oh , you are disputing on the word "Truth". The truth i am pointing at is the true opinion by them and what i see among sinkies in bangkok.

You can disagree, no sweat. I just observing just how sinkies relate to the disagreement rather than just disagreeing to it.

I dun think i see myself seeing the light. I am just trying to present the true opinion from a foreigner that i find it makes a lot of sense to me.

If it doesn't make sense to you, then that is ok.

Anyway good tactic, ignore the points made
Please quote the points as i dun wish to be accused.

Last edited:

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal

Instead of thanking the other party for revealing some truth or research and discuss on that, i see some sinkie chinky behavior around here and it usually comes with some personal bashing and ego protection or ego saving. Such behavior are very chinese-like. or to me sinkie-like.

Hey buddy no need for name calling k. You seem pretty agressive from behind the computer. Anyway i gonna leave you and yr anger alone for now.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am just wondering if my posts seems angry. I have many feedback on that. By the way, i didn't call people names.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is what my thai fren told me. I didn't create that information. You should ask her to give more credit to the thai economy engine, not me. I am here just to present the information given to me by them.
Why would or should I? Rest of us here have no business with your purported friend (never mind gender).

As for your disclaimer on "just present the info", did you not expressly ask for or implicitly expect responses? If you raised this in 1st place, be adult enough to handle the exchanges here. Or is the heat a bit too hot to handle?

Like I posted earlier, it's always somebody else who said this or that. Even if your "on behalf" opinion by some1 else is without any empirical survey, this is subject to endless debate. Yours have gone off tangent, with your axe to grind on sinkies.

Last edited: