• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What my Thai friend thinks about Singaporean

luvcunt

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's called freedom of speech. I don't get offended. But if you get uptight and uneasy with what I said, then no choice.

It's a simple economics question. Old people in sg work, because either they need money or they are bored not working. Sometimes also due to social acceptance, they do not want people to think they are useless.

People from elsewhere think why sgpre work so hard even so old still work. So it brings me to the point where I mention, in sg, many old work as cleaners, fast food joints, but why thailand don't have the old working? I never mention that being a prostitute is being forced. But I did mention they became one to feed the family. Are the family working? Most of the time, most of the family members are jobless and not working. Why? Instead of becoming a prostitute, they could work as cashier or factory worker. But the problem is, it is not enough. So did every part of the family put in effort to work to bring the dough instead of only depending on the lady?

I have thai lady friends who are not prostitutes. They can make do with 10-15K working in offices holding decent jobs without selling their body. Their family also need money, who don't need? But why they can accept a decent job instead of prostituting? Because prostituting is the fastest way to earn money.

If you think my comments are shallow, its ok. I accept how some people view a glass as half full while I could be seeing it as half empty. :p

Dear Bro Silverfox,
Again my apologies if it's deem offensive my remarks.
I'm not an academic so maybe I should learn more how to bring across my message.
On our topic,bro u just cannot make remarks base on sg situation or the thais living in bkk.
Bro old ppl in sg have got to carrying on working to survive.
In thailand it's a little different.
Bro many ppl who can't make it goes back to their province to live on whatever they farm.
No matter how bad they will never starve unlike sg whereby everything is money.
The old ppl in thailand don't work is bcos there are no work for them in the city or even in their own province.
They just spent their time weaving...yes weaving straw hats to sell for just a few baht.In the early morning they tend to their farm b4 the hot sun rises.
Bro I'm a sporean and I actually stay,see and exprienece this in REAL life.
So naturally when I read all this comment I was like...huh...does this ppl reli knows what they are talking about???

I'm not uptight with ur comments just that I'm bad in my expression when written in words. Sori !

Anyway u r right ..it's freedom of speech n I will respect it :smile:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It's good to see this sort of thread again.... rational people agreeing to disagree in a reasonably civilised manner.:biggrin:

Such exchanges have been few and far between in the delphi coffee shop since 2003.:p

luvcunt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not trying to start a war in any case. Excuse me for coming in, but I do find your comments of interest to me. I lived in Thailand for 2 years, but mostly in Hatyai and Bangkok. Though I can now speak, read and write simple Thai, I can't claim to be Thai expert. Where I'm experienced with contains about 10% of Thai population and covers around 1% of Thailand area only.

Congrats and best wishes to you, your life and your family in Thailand.

Dear Bro Ramseth,
Thank you very much for ur kind wishes.
No u are not intruding n all reply are welcome.
My note is to flamer who intent to start a war on my private conversation with Bro suteerak.
Other than that all replys are most welcome.
Afterall this is a forum isn't it :smile:

If u wish to chat with me regarding our experience and life in Thailand pls feel free to PM and we can communicate from there.
I will reply ur pm with my email address.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think that you started this thread with a fair enough topic for discussion. But your signature "if you are a sinkie, please unsinkinfied[sic] yourself" attracted some dissent, and the word "sinkie" was quoted from your signature in subsequently replies. An so it spinned into a viscious spiral.

Oh this is a forum and the signature is there to stay. That is my brand and trademark :biggrin: I find it enjoyable to post around here and have exchanges. Have fun!!!!

luvcunt

Alfrescian
Loyal
sawadeeeeeee~~ nan mai dai kui gan liao. chuang nee sabai dee reu? maa-wa rao poot thai dai, lae mee bang khon jer liao it-chaa. khao chop bon gor hai khao bon la, mai hen bpen rai leui.

poot tueng nee, pom mai keui yoo mueng-thai naan. suan-yai bpai gor mai gern nueng sabdaa. laeo dtae wella kong pom laeo dtae wella kong faen duai. took khon gor mee turak, mee para tee bahn. ta dai samak bpai ying naan, rao ja ru-seuk dee ying mak duai.

reung yai bpai yoo mueng thai dtalort, pom gor yang paen yoo. pror mai yak hai faen bpen huang, mai yak hai faen lambak duai. ta dai samak pert turakit kong dtua eng, hen wa na-ja dee gwaa. mai dtong riip koi koi doo, koi koi paen, ta dai oh-gart gor ja bpai nae-non.

pasa-thai geng reu mai geng mai hen bpen jambpen mak gwa gaan-ngern. hak-wa yoo dai gor yoo dai, yoo mai dai gor yoo mai dai, leao-dtae kwam samak kong took khon, pror bang-khon mee ngern dtae mai chin, lae mee bang khon mai koi mee ngern yer dtae gor chin dai. chiwiit dtor-bpai gor leui-leui... koi bpen koi bpai nor. ruu-seuk wa chiwiit mee kwam-suk lae mee kwam-rak yoo kup faen jambpen samkaan tee-soot. hen duui mai?

Haha toot tong na krup.
Bro don't make me go and start asking my wife or friends to help in certain words u phrase in phasa thai leh haha.
I fully understand what u wrote but just cannot phrase them together properly.
I see my customer everyday from 1 province to another ...my phasa thai is like an ordinary less educated person in sg or SOME taxi driver speaking English to a foreigner. BROKEN ENGLISH :P
But they all understand what I say and I've no communication problem with them and my in laws daliy
If time permit I will try to learn to write and read phasa thai later.
At the moment everyday work and leisure have been keeping busy :P

Chokdee na krup !

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro luvcunt,

I dun mean that statement about singaporeans working in thai becos they cannot make it in singapore..

that statement is reserve for tonychat only..

i dun like his attitude of always talking bad about singaporeans, while at the same time praising foreigners to the limits..

sorry if i offended u.. :smile:

as for tonychat, chey..

LOL!!!!!

Singaporeans and Sinkies are 2 different thing. There are Singaporeans in bkk as well and nice people. It is only those that i refer to as sinkies are the turned off type. These sinkies ought to learn how to behave graciously from the thais.

Imagine, you are at the coffee cafe drinking your favourite coffee looking out at the street of bangkok and then suddenly one sinkie cock comes in with an attitude, get his/her coffee and talk loudly and in a style and manner as though he/she seems to know a lot.

I see people from Singapore daily in bangkok and it is just a right place for me to do a comparsion between them and the foreigners. It is the sinkie behavior that caught my curiosity and attention. I am always curious as to why these cocks behave like that.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess I'm a loser in one way and a winner in another.
To me we are loser only in the eye of the PAP govt only.
I like my country but not our present govt.

There are no losers nor winners.
Whichever country we run to, there will always be disgrunt and complains. In this world there is no perfect human, thus no perfect government. Because they are made up of humans like you and me.

luvcunt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro luvcunt,

I dun mean that statement about singaporeans working in thai becos they cannot make it in singapore..

that statement is reserve for tonychat only..

i dun like his attitude of always talking bad about singaporeans, while at the same time praising foreigners to the limits..

sorry if i offended u.. :smile:

as for tonychat, chey..

Bro AhPek65,
I may not be a bright person but I know you were not refering to me :smile:
I'm not at all offended:smile:
This Tonychat guy is actually quite a nice guy in actual person.
Just that why he behave like this in here baffled me.
Anyway like bro silverfox say...it's freedom of speech mah ...lol

I'm sure his perception will change as time goes by.
My perception of life n ppl were different from my age of 20's,30's40's n...ehmm...50's soon :(

U..?..judging from ur nick ur oready reach (65) ahpek liao lah..right? :P

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i dun like his attitude of always talking bad about singaporeans,

I can't stand sinkies either. I keep well away from them when overseas. Hopefully, they make every effort to do likewise. :p

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro AhPek65,
I may not be a bright person but I know you were not refering to me :smile:
I'm not at all offended:smile:
This Tonychat guy is actually quite a nice guy in actual person.
Just that why he behave like this in here baffled me.
Anyway like bro silverfox say...it's freedom of speech mah ...lol

I'm sure his perception will change as time goes by.
My perception of life n ppl were different from my age of 20's,30's40's n...ehmm...50's soon :(

U..?..judging from ur nick ur oready reach (65) ahpek liao lah..right? :P

LOL!!!!! Sometimes, people behave differently online and in real life just to get the kick out of having fun. PLs do not take some of the post seriously as it is just to add in some flavour.

But the truth is i am turned off by some of the behavior of some Singaporeans as i refer to them as sinkie. btw, i am not referring to you, pls dun get the wrong idea.

it is just what i see in the streets of bangkok and trying to find out why is that so. But of course, by putting some style and drama will make the whole thread more interesting and happening. By the way, this thread is one of the hottest in the forum at the moment, isn't it?

Last edited:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bro Silverfox,
Again my apologies if it's deem offensive my remarks.
I'm not an academic so maybe I should learn more how to bring across my message.
On our topic,bro u just cannot make remarks base on sg situation or the thais living in bkk.
Bro old ppl in sg have got to carrying on working to survive.
In thailand it's a little different.
Bro many ppl who can't make it goes back to their province to live on whatever they farm.
No matter how bad they will never starve unlike sg whereby everything is money.
The old ppl in thailand don't work is bcos there are no work for them in the city or even in their own province.
They just spent their time weaving...yes weaving straw hats to sell for just a few baht.In the early morning they tend to their farm b4 the hot sun rises.
Bro I'm a sporean and I actually stay,see and exprienece this in REAL life.
So naturally when I read all this comment I was like...huh...does this ppl reli knows what they are talking about???

I'm not uptight with ur comments just that I'm bad in my expression when written in words. Sori !

Anyway u r right ..it's freedom of speech n I will respect it :smile:

To be very frank, I have no intention to even talk about thai prostitutes who prostitute to help their family. But I find it very funny to see how thais start to think about singaporean mentality(when it doesn't concern them) and they start to think why the old are working.

When you see it in another way, we in singapore will think why the old don't work in thailand. Most of us here are educated. I would say its a problem in a developed country vs a problem in a developing country. Different countries have different policies thus affecting the way of life.

I stayed in thailand for 2 years and been to several provinces staying in their baarn norks during weekends. It's a social cultural problem. I see young men gambling, drinking, taking money from their mothers where the mother has to take money from the daughter. daughter has to sell body for love for the family. Doesn't happen to all, but what they are all doing is to have a better life. I think singaporeans work hard, also for a better life. Who works hard for a lousier life?

Eventually Singapore is Singapore, Thailand is Thailand. 2 different countries, govts, policies, lifestyles, cultures. The people there should not be overly concerned with what we are. Who cares what they think anyway. :p Everyone should be most concerned on how to lead own's life.

(This thread is it abt what thai people think about singaporean or singaporean think about singaporean) If it is the latter, this thread is in fact not what the thai think about singaporean, but just a singaporean wearing a thai mask to give his views about singaporean.

eRRoRist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro errorist,
I'm staying n living in Thailand now.
I've stayed in the phil for a few yrs.I've got a phil wife n 2 kids there too.
The nature of my business brings me to myanmar,cambodia regularly besides china.
Countries which I've resided for a shorter term are msia n Indonesia.
Infact I frequent cambodia very often.
I know many poor thais,filipino,indonesian and cambodian bro.
Yes they do have a choice to be or not to be a whore unless they are force to by some syndicate.
It's how they want to have a better life or a hrad life work on a megre salary.
Come visit me bro in bkk...I can bring you up to cambodia personally for leisure and show you around.
Cheers !

I'm not discrediting you or anything like that, but somethings unless we are in their shoes we can never understand??

A simple example, I live in Singapore all my life, can I say that I totally understand the hardship of a really poor Singaporean?? Being in Singapore = understanding?? I really don't think so. Just look at the news, bus fare may raise 1-2 cents, there are people who say it's acceptable, "1 to 2 cents only what..why KPKB?? No money?? Go fine another job!! Why?? Singapore no job for you to do??" To many people it may logical, and yes to a certain extend it's true but there are just those people who any slightly increase will affect their lives, as they are already unable to make ends meet. Like those old folks who pick up empty cans, cardboard just to have enough money for their next meal for example.

I know we were talking about young healthy people, but sometimes it's more then just wanting to lead a better life or a life of hardship. It's about surviving, left with no other choice, they have nothing. They are trap in this kind of situation since the day they were born. To quote Jack Neo, "Have you ever felt poorer then poor??"

A bit off topic in responds to 1 of the post above.. :wink:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=keyboard+warrior

c0045208_09014845.jpg

Keyboard Warrior

1. A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
2. The term is a combination of the word 'keyboard' (the main tool by which the person expresses his/her latent rage) and 'warrior' (due to the warrior-like aggression, tendency towards violence, headstrong nature and propensity towards brute force as a means of resolving conflict rather than more subtle means dependant on finesse).
3. The Keyboard Warrior seeks to use the power imbued in his 'weapon' to effect death and destruction (in a strictly-metaphorical sense) upon his foes (other virtual identities he has encountered on the internet). In essence, the keyboard (ie. text input ability) allows the keyboard warrior to manifest his true warrior nature in a safe and removed environment, from which no real-life repercussions .
4. Keyboard Warriors are generally identified by unneccessary rage in their written communications, and are regarded as 'losers' by other virtual identities on the internet.

luvcunt

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL!!!!! Sometimes, people behave differently online and in real life just to get the kick out of having fun. PLs do not take some of the post seriously as it is just to add in some flavour.

But the truth is i am turned off by some of the behavior of some Singaporeans as i refer to them as sinkie. btw, i am not referring to you, pls dun get the wrong idea.

it is just what i see in the streets of bangkok and trying to find out why is that so. But of course, by putting some style and drama will make the whole thread more interesting and happening.

Bro Tonychat,
Let me tell u my daily experience with the thais for almost coming 4 yrs now.
I am speaking from my own point of view n in no way trying to generalise it.
When it comes to patient I can say the thais beat MOST Singaporean hands down.
But the bad side of the thais are they are MOSTLY ( from my experience only)
very INCONSIDERATE compared to MOST Sinagporean I've encounter.

Eg..most driver will not horn at u if u stop to wait for ur friends at the roadside or doing a U-turn when both lane is jam.
I couldn't believe it when my friend decide to do a U-turn when up and down the small soi lane had a long jam.Everybody just wait n allow him to slowly maneuver his car.But then it was also very inconsiderate of him to have done so.

Now coming to the inconsidearte part.Everyday whenever I take my lunch or dinner...esp. crowded lunch time....u'll see many ppl queueing n waiting for an available table.U'll never fail to see many ppl after eating will either chat.or slowly finish their drinks or wait for the stall seller to come collect the bills.
They don't bother to hurry up give up the seat or stand up to pay their bills while allowing others to have their turn.
The best part is those waiting have the patient to wait till they get it.
Till TODAY it never fail to amuse me how the thai can be so patient yet so inconsiderate.
Even along silom road everyday,u'll see ppl selling clothes n other stuff along the footpath...the thais just stop to buy or see without consideration to give way to other ppl walking.They just block the whole path.
Most of the time ppl will just walk on the road and not make noise at that inconsiderate person,.
This is a true fact and is still happening everyday esp lunch hour.
Everyday I see inconsiderate driver blocking ppl's way in a tight lane or soi.
Best of all there are no queue for taxi.
You can see many taxi queueing up in front of u for a long time and then another taxi just stop to pick up the front passenger.
You can also opt to take the taxi behind instead of the one already waiting infront for along time.
Funny things is the rest don't mind.
So I guess patient comes with inconsideration. Is this a chemistry or wat ? lol

So my point is there are always good n bad side of ppl in every country.
What we need to do is to adapt if we want to visit that country if not why not stay put where we are.
We all just need to fit in any society. I have.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
My fren, let's see this situation in a more pragmatic manner. Choice of their own? Let me ask you which kind of girl loves to whore herself. To be honest, no girls like to open legs like dat. If I put my fingers in your nose, you like it?(jus joking nia) ........
thats y i say its a choice of their own. they have the right to choose between spreading the legs or not. bt at the end, many choose the path for reasons that nt many can understand. from observations, majority that plough the trade tend to be 1st or 2nd generation migrants from the neighboring borders. unless, due to unforeseen circumstance, where the 3rd generation migrants still plough the trade.

..... You are right, no parent in the right frame of mind like the idea of whoring, but lest no forget, money blinded their right frame of mind which is what is happening now.
they resort to the trade for myriads of reasons while the root is always short of $. the sad fact is that they dont really know how to manage their assets.

some wanna buy lotsa land, bt dunno wat to do with the land, so end up paying thru the nose, while the land is just growing lalang. some wanna be gold clad, wearing heavy gold chains & accessories, sit 1 corner for ppl to see, but factually dont get any returns for the investments.... n in times of desperation, sell the gold. some wanna build big house & own car, without considering the maintenance cost - they see things short term, forgetting the mid & long term.

alot of them factually r stuck with fixed assets that do not help them spin income. eventually becoming financial burdens instead. which then also prolong or become cause for them to spread their legs.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro Tonychat,
Let me tell u my daily experience with the thais for almost coming 4 yrs now.
I am speaking from my own point of view n in no way trying to generalise it.
When it comes to patient I can say the thais beat MOST Singaporean hands down.
But the bad side of the thais are they are MOSTLY ( from my experience only)
very INCONSIDERATE compared to MOST Sinagporean I've encounter.

Eg..most driver will not horn at u if u stop to wait for ur friends at the roadside or doing a U-turn when both lane is jam.
I couldn't believe it when my friend decide to do a U-turn when up and down the small soi lane had a long jam.Everybody just wait n allow him to slowly maneuver his car.But then it was also very inconsiderate of him to have done so.

Now coming to the inconsidearte part.Everyday whenever I take my lunch or dinner...esp. crowded lunch time....u'll see many ppl queueing n waiting for an available table.U'll never fail to see many ppl after eating will either chat.or slowly finish their drinks or wait for the stall seller to come collect the bills.
They don't bother to hurry up give up the seat or stand up to pay their bills while allowing others to have their turn.
The best part is those waiting have the patient to wait till they get it.
Till TODAY it never fail to amuse me how the thai can be so patient yet so inconsiderate.
Even along silom road everyday,u'll see ppl selling clothes n other stuff along the footpath...the thais just stop to buy or see without consideration to give way to other ppl walking.They just block the whole path.
Most of the time ppl will just walk on the road and not make noise at that inconsiderate person,.
This is a true fact and is still happening everyday esp lunch hour.
Everyday I see inconsiderate driver blocking ppl's way in a tight lane or soi.
Best of all there are no queue for taxi.
You can see many taxi queueing up in front of u for a long time and then another taxi just stop to pick up the front passenger.
You can also opt to take the taxi behind instead of the one already waiting infront for along time.
Funny things is the rest don't mind.
So I guess patient comes with inconsideration. Is this a chemistry or wat ? lol

So my point is there are always good n bad side of ppl in every country.
What we need to do is to adapt if we want to visit that country if not why not stay put where we are.
We all just need to fit in any society. I have.

It is because that they are patient and the people know that they can tahan to wait long enough, that is why the person take it fro granted and let them wait.

IN Sg, pple are not that patient, that is why pple need to get off after eating to prevent getting scolded. LOL!!!!!

It is all based on the root of being selfish or self-focus. Not really a good behavior.

And also that is called freedom. Many thai dun really appreciate the freedom they have because it is freedom without responsibility, experience many bad outcomes because of freedom. They are developing and freedom is a 1st world thing, that is with responsibility.

Last edited:

luvcunt

Alfrescian
Loyal
tonychat,

thank u for your infraction... compliments already returned..

errhmm....pardon my ignorant or stupidity but what actually is this infraction for?
Is it for something good or bad? or is it a point system?
My intuition tells me it is not good but I'm not sure.
I see so many forummers having it except leongsam.
Or is it for old birds only.

Pls enlighten thks !!!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
errhmm....pardon my ignorant or stupidity but what actually is this infraction for?
Is it for something good or bad? or is it a point system?
My intuition tells me it is not good but I'm not sure.
I see so many forummers having it except leongsam.
Or is it for old birds only.

Pls enlighten thks !!!

Its is given to someone whom u think has misbehaved or typed something offensive. Anyone can give it and your nick will be shown unlike on the sex forum, nobody can accumulate 1000s of pts. Damn all this was already mentioned by sam. ANyone who gets 10 pts will be banned for just 1 day. No such thing as perm ban by infraction pts. Only mr sam can perm ban anyone.

Obviously tony was offended by ah pek and gave him some infractions and ah pek responded in kind.:biggrin:

The bad thing about this infraction thingy is that some irresponsible ppl would probably just give out infractions for no reason or just for the hell of it. Since your nick is not anaoymous it would most likely result in childish tit for tat giving.

luvcunt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its is given to someone whom u think has misbehaved or typed something offensive. Anyone can give it and your nick will be shown unlike on the sex forum, nobody can accumulate 1000s of pts. Damn all this was already mentioned by sam. ANyone who gets 10 pts will be banned for just 1 day. No such thing as perm ban by infraction pts. Only mr sam can perm ban anyone.

Obviously tony was offended by ah pek and gave him some infractions and ah pek responded in kind.:biggrin:

The bad thing about this infraction thingy is that some irresponsible ppl would probably just give out infractions for no reason or just for the hell of it. Since your nick is not anaoymous it would most likely result in childish tit for tat giving.

Thankyou very much bro Jah for your kind explaination.Really appreciate it.
Hmm...I agree with what u say about tit for tat.....not very positive or useful then for this infraction thingy.
Maybe someone just don't like my nick so easliy like dat I will also get it lor lol
No wonder I see so many forumer have it. I thought maybe it was for the old bird haha.
Like dat practically most ppl will have it.
Btw how long will the infraction pts stay ...let's say if u do not reach the maximim pts for penalty?
Gone within a certain period or stay until u reach full penalty pts?
Which incidentally reminds me of sg driving license pts lol
Kena 6 pts must wait for a yr b4 it is cleared.So must behave and becareful.

Leongsam ....maybe you'll like to modify or change to something more pragmatic? This way maybe it'll make this forum more interesting.

Maybe some brilliant forumer here can help suggest a better system to leongsam.
I like the points system like the ones they use in the sby sex forum except that it is done if u make some contribution to the forum.

Last edited: