• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What my Thai friend thinks about Singaporean

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thankyou very much bro Jah for your kind explaination.Really appreciate it.
Hmm...I agree with what u say about tit for tat.....not very positive or useful then for this infraction thingy.
Maybe someone just don't like my nick so easliy like dat I will also get it lor lol

Leongsam ....maybe you'll like to modify or change to something more pragmatic? This way maybe it'll make this forum more interesting.

Maybe some brilliant forumer here can help suggest a better system to leongsam.
I like the points system like the ones they use in the sby sex forum except that it is done if u make some contribution to the forum.
there's really no point in clocking too many points, cos its nt gonna convert into cash or kind.

i feel this current infraction system seems pretty simple n straight fwd, like the driving system. u're entitled limit to the points u can chalk up, once it hits the limit uré suspended...

luvcunt

Alfrescian
Loyal
there's really no point in clocking too many points, cos its nt gonna convert into cash or kind.

i feel this current infraction system seems pretty simple n straight fwd, like the driving system. u're entitled limit to the points u can chalk up, once it hits the limit uré suspended...

But will it be fair? Like wat bro jah say ...a tit for tat? Or someone who doesn't like ur nick lol

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thankyou very much bro Jah for your kind explaination.Really appreciate it.
Hmm...I agree with what u say about tit for tat.....not very positive or useful then for this infraction thingy.
Maybe someone just don't like my nick so easliy like dat I will also get it lor lol
No wonder I see so many forumer have it. I thought maybe it was for the old bird haha.
Like dat practically most ppl will have it.
Btw how long will the infraction pts stay ...let's say if u do not reach the maximim pts for penalty?
Gone within a certain period or stay until u reach full penalty pts?
Which incidentally reminds me of sg driving license pts lol
Kena 6 pts must wait for a yr b4 it is cleared.So must behave and becareful.

Leongsam ....maybe you'll like to modify or change to something more pragmatic? This way maybe it'll make this forum more interesting.

Maybe some brilliant forumer here can help suggest a better system to leongsam.
I like the points system like the ones they use in the sby sex forum except that it is done if u make some contribution to the forum.

It is all explained by sam in the first page of this forum

The User Infraction System is designed to make moderation of the site more automated and more consistent.

It works on a points system, with members being given points for breaches of rules.
Once a viewer reaches 10 infraction points, they are automatically banned. Some infraction points never expire, some last for just a few days, after which your points balance reduces.

In most cases members will give you a warning (with no points) for the first breach. Points are given for subsequent breaches.
This is a list of the current infraction rules that I have come up with to start things off. I am still experimenting with the feature so things will change over the next few weeks. To give a member an infraction, click on the gif on the top of each message posted.

Excessive use of graphics/huge images 1 10 Day(s)
Inappropriate Language/Off topic 1 10 Day(s)
Insulted Other Member(s) 1 10 Day(s)
Quoting huge chunks of message unnecessarily 1 10 Day(s)
Signature Rule Violation 1 10 Day(s)
Spam/repeated posts/unauthorised ads. 5 10 Day(s)

Sam mentioned that some expire after a few days and some will be perm.

Once u reach 10 pts banned 1 day.

So far as i know tony's good fren tyler aka kassem has been banned most likely pissed off many forummers with his racist ang mohs are the best ranting.

The pt system in the sex forum was not good as old birds had a lot of power and many of them even upped their new clones and took away pts from new members whom did not give good reviews of their gals for the OKTS with high pts.

No system is perfect and is open to abuse. The thing about this forum is that ANYONE can give an infraction and thus ppl would give it for fun or for no good reason perhaps can pte msg sam about those whom give out infractions for no good rhyme or reason. The other forum you could not take away someone's pts unless u had power and thus it made the assumption that those whom had the power and high rep pts were responsible forummers hence able to accumulate them.

luvcunt

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is all explained by sam in the first page of this forum

The User Infraction System is designed to make moderation of the site more automated and more consistent.

It works on a points system, with members being given points for breaches of rules.
Once a viewer reaches 10 infraction points, they are automatically banned. Some infraction points never expire, some last for just a few days, after which your points balance reduces.

In most cases members will give you a warning (with no points) for the first breach. Points are given for subsequent breaches.
This is a list of the current infraction rules that I have come up with to start things off. I am still experimenting with the feature so things will change over the next few weeks. To give a member an infraction, click on the gif on the top of each message posted.

Excessive use of graphics/huge images 1 10 Day(s)
Inappropriate Language/Off topic 1 10 Day(s)
Insulted Other Member(s) 1 10 Day(s)
Quoting huge chunks of message unnecessarily 1 10 Day(s)
Signature Rule Violation 1 10 Day(s)
Spam/repeated posts/unauthorised ads. 5 10 Day(s)

Sam mentioned that some expire after a few days and some will be perm.

Once u reach 10 pts banned 1 day.

So far as i know tony's good fren tyler aka kassem has been banned most likely pissed off many forummers with his racist ang mohs are the best ranting.

The pt system in the sex forum was not good as old birds had a lot of power and many of them even upped their new clones and took away pts from new members whom did not give good reviews of their gals for the OKTS with high pts.

No system is perfect and is open to abuse. The thing about this forum is that ANYONE can give an infraction and thus ppl would give it for fun or for no good reason perhaps can pte msg sam about those whom give out infractions for no good rhyme or reason. The other forum you could not take away someone's pts unless u had power and thus it made the assumption that those whom had the power and high rep pts were responsible forummers hence able to accumulate them.

Dear Bro Jah,
Thank you again for your elaborated explaination.
Anyway all this infraction pts doesn't bother me much but out of curiosity I asked.
But I must apologised to you for not having read this somewhere in sam's rules( I'll search for it ). I don't mean to be lazy.
I come in as and when I've the time.
Currently I'm on medical leave so thats why I'm participating in some forum comments.
But it is really gracious of you to have enlighten me.
Someone else if not leongsam himself might have tick me off.
Many thanks bro Jah.

luvcunt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hurray kena infraction liao from leongsam himself :biggrin:

No need to be abusive,offensive or vulgar....ignorant or blurr will also get it :confused:

At least now I'm not the odd one without infraction.:wink:
I belong to the infraction group liao :rolleyes:

Not offended sam ....just fooling around with myself to have a few laugh.:p

Cheers !!!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think English literacy and English conversation are 2 different things. One Australia professor told me that Singapore students can write very well, but they have problem expressing their ideas in speech.

I guess they need to learn to speak English well when they are still young in school. This might be a clue that Singlish isn't real English at all, If it is, the Aus professor might not commented that.

i wonder if a China Chinese learn to speak English, would he or she be mixing chinese style with english words in his or her English conversation.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
But will it be fair? Like wat bro jah say ...a tit for tat? Or someone who doesn't like ur nick lol
that's life anyway, some1 off the street sneezes in your face, r u gonna tickle your own nose & return him/her the favor? childish & irrational behavior is abundant everywhere... bt as ghandi said "an eye for an eye, makes the whole world blind"

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess they need to learn to speak English well when they are still young in school. This might be a clue that Singlish isn't real English at all, If it is, the Aus professor might not commented that.

i wonder if a China Chinese learn to speak English, would he or she be mixing chinese style with english words in his or her English conversation.
the flaw in the language spoken is really nobody's fault. given a fact that we're born asians, n there's limitations to grasp the concept of grammatical rules. looking around us, i've never really heard any well educated public figure who doesnt make mistakes in his/her speeches.

typically bcos, our train of tots strung largely in our mother-tongue, n unintentional errors made while translating for expression into english.

Wuwei

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have an interesting conversation with my Thai friend. I ask her what she thinks about Singaporean truthfully.

She told me that Singaporeans as in what other thais think:

1. overly discplined
  2. Mechanical
  3. Smart
  4. No sex appeal

She find it hilarious that SG govt is trying all sorts of attempt to boost birth rate.

If you have any thai friends you can ask them. This Thai friend of mine speaks better English than most sinkies.

The greatest weakness of Singapore or the matter of fact Singaporeans is Insecurity and inferiority regardless of race, languge or religion.We always wanted to know how we fair in myopic eyes of other and that is sad.We have to constantly remind ourselves of how good we are and when we stand infront of a white man with sharper facial features,pleasing yourself is secondary.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have an interesting conversation with my Thai friend. I ask her what she thinks about Singaporean truthfully.

1. overly discplined
  2. Mechanical
  3. Smart
  4. No sex appeal

She find it hilarious that SG govt is trying all sorts of attempt to boost birth rate.

If you have any thai friends you can ask them. This Thai friend of mine speaks better English than most sinkies.

Thais:

No Discipline
Still very manual
Not so smart
Yes their FLs have a lot of sex appeal but do watch out for the ladyboys as they too may trick you by their sexy appeals

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thais:
No Discipline
Still very manual
Not so smart
Yes their FLs have a lot of sex appeal but do watch out for the ladyboys as they too may trick you by their sexy appeals

There is no right or wrong in such things-just cultural differences.

Example when you get a new job,
-the Thai will probably ask if your boss is Jaidee mai ? (ใจดี ใหม ) i.e good hearted

-the S'porean will likely ask is the salary good/high ?

So different emphasis in life,one on being good hearted, the other on material gain.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. overly discplined
  2. Mechanical
  3. Smart
  4. No sex appeal

Your Thai friend is just a Cat-10 cheap slut.:mad:

JWNY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello bro suteerak,
Not sure whether you still remember me?
We had a short conversation in phasa thai b4 in sby forum under health club n karaoke.
And ended up having so much war with other jealous forumer about us speaking in phasa thai amongst ourselves such as Bro JWNY and yourself.
who speaks my name...before Loy Krathong> ?? :smile:

เป็นไงบ้างคุณ luvcunt?

JWNY

manlovesbeef

Alfrescian
Loyal
She thinks you are coming on to her and is indirectly telling you, you have no sex appeal....this is an old trick by women...generalising the country"s men to pinpoint on one guy....

She adds in "smart" to sooth your ego.....

As for Singaporeans being overly disciplined, mechanical.....yes, this is the perception chingaporeans project to our Asean neighbours...true to a certain extent...especially for civil servants...not necessarily a totally bad thing, ....but your thai friend indirectly hinting you have no sex appeal and no chance to get into her pants and you thinking you have conducted a "proper" poll, with her giving "honest" answers....that is quite a bad thing....

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
She thinks you are coming on to her and is indirectly telling you, you have no sex appeal....this is an old trick by women...generalising the country"s men to pinpoint on one guy....

She adds in "smart" to sooth your ego.....

As for Singaporeans being overly disciplined, mechanical.....yes, this is the perception chingaporeans project to our Asean neighbours...true to a certain extent...especially for civil servants...not necessarily a totally bad thing, ....but your thai friend indirectly hinting you have no sex appeal and no chance to get into her pants and you thinking you have conducted a "proper" poll, with her giving "honest" answers....that is quite a bad thing....

That is your perception and i am afraid to say that it is incorrect. But good input. Coming to her isn't exactly right. I think sinkies are too discipline and mechanical only when there is an authority.

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
perhaps yr thai friend has not made enuff friends from s'pore. surely a generalisation of this nature is quite unfair

Fusoh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi bro,i am a newbie here,i am thinking of residing in thailand sometime next year,will be visiting bkk in a month or so,need some guidance,maybe i need yr help,can i go visit u? email me : daryltth@hotmail

kindgentleman

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. overly discplined
  2. Mechanical
  3. Smart
  4. No sex appeal

haha...ask her what she thinks about thai men...i would love to hear her answer